PDA

View Full Version : If Cutler isn't there take Jimmy Williams?

Ronnie Brown23
01-29-2006, 12:07 PM
thoughts?:confused: :confused:

DolfanDaveInATX
01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Jimmy Williams won't be on the board at #16.

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 12:22 PM
He could be. He's been falling for unknown reasons. And yes I would take him depending on who else is there.

duss12
01-29-2006, 12:28 PM
He could be. He's been falling for unknown reasons. And yes I would take him depending on who else is there.

he his falling for the reason that he doesnt have NFL CB speed and he his a tweener
*EDIT* I wont be surprised if he drops to the second round

Cuzinfinny
01-29-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm not crazy over Cutler in the mid first rd. I got a feeling someone we least expect will drop down in our laps. It usually happens for picks were we are. I think Saban will go with the Best player available when its our pick. Maybe Huff, Williams. Ngata,Greenway, I don't know who but expect their to be a nice pick up. :lol:

dominizzo
01-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Mike Huff or jimmy even Ryans and ahmad Brooks

IdahoPhin
01-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I would love to have a peek at Saban's draft board..:D

finsrule84
01-29-2006, 12:54 PM
if Cutler isn't there i want Winston or Mcneil and Jacobs in the second

phinfan_1
01-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I would love to have a peek at Saban's draft board..:D

Yeah, you and me both. Wouldn't we all have fun with that. :lol:

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 01:24 PM
he his falling for the reason that he doesnt have NFL CB speed and he his a tweener
*EDIT* I wont be surprised if he drops to the second round

He's around 6'3" 215 I think. That definately huge for a corner. I think his speed is around 4.5.

EDIT: I thougt tweener meant small but maybe I'm mistaken here. Could someone please enlighten me.

saynotocutler
01-29-2006, 01:24 PM
i would take williams even if cutler was still there.

Fresh
01-29-2006, 01:26 PM
First off, I wouldn't take anybody over Michael Huff. Not even Cutler. [of course when I say anybody, I'm not including guys like Vince Young who has no chance of being there]. As for Jimmy Williams, he's pretty even with Cutler to me. I wouldn't mind either one.

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
i would take williams even if cutler was still there.

That doesn't surprise me.

Fin Fan in Cali
01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Dolphins | Saban may look to trade up in the NFL Draft
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 07:45:15 -0800

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports an <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL person in contact with Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) head coach Nick Saban (http://www.kffl.com/player/9162/nfl) expects Miami to aggressively explore moving up from 16th in the draft to select a quarterback, which will be very difficult. That person said Saban would be willing to open next season with QB Gus Frerotte (http://www.kffl.com/player/392/nfl) if he can somehow achieve his goal of moving up.

dolphan117
01-29-2006, 01:35 PM
He's around 6'3" 215 I think. That definately huge for a corner. I think his speed is around 4.5.

EDIT: I thougt tweener meant small but maybe I'm mistaken here. Could someone please enlighten me.
For a DE thats true, In this case what he was saying is that he is somwhere between a corner and a safty. Williams was a safty early in his collage career and then vt moved him to corner. A lot of draft people think that at the NFL level he would be moved back to safty which drops him on some draft boards.

Shouright
01-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Jimmy Williams doesn't seem to me to have much passion for the game, and I think that's a key requirement for any Saban draftee. I think it's one of the reasons he brings in Len Rosen to evaluate guys.

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 01:37 PM
For a DE thats true, In this case what he was saying is that he is somwhere between a corner and a safty. Williams was a safty early in his collage career and then vt moved him to corner. A lot of draft people think that at the NFL level he would be moved back to safty which drops him on some draft boards.

Thanks. I was thinking about it as a DE because I have heard Tamba Hali called a tweener.

PHINATIC13
01-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Assuming we stay at the 16th pick. I would love either Greenway or Wiliams,if available and that's a big if though.

hessman
01-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Jimmy Williams doesn't seem to me to have much passion for the game, and I think that's a key requirement for any Saban draftee. I think it's one of the reasons he brings in Len Rosen to evaluate guys.

Why would you say that? Having watched Williams play the past three years at Va Tech, my concern on williams is that he loses his poise at times. He has been flagged for unsportsman-like conduct several times,got into fights, and got thrown out of thier recent bowl game for bumping a ref. If anything, I'd say he needs to dial down the passion a notch.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2006, 02:35 PM
williams is a big physical guy who fits coach saban's mold for players. i think he'll be a very good nickelback before being moved to safety. but he's maybe 3rd or 4th on the short list of players i want. but i'm not nick saban though :D.

Dors156
01-29-2006, 02:45 PM

i would rather take huff first but if huff isnt there either williams or mcneil

FinNasty
01-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Hell ya I would take Jimmy Williams! He is #1 on my wish list!

finfan54
01-29-2006, 06:19 PM

thats what i have been reading. Maybe character or something. There is always the possibility that Saban is really going to trade down IMO. This draft is set up that way for us where we pick.

If Huff, Greenway, Cutler are gone, you could very well see a move like this but by trading down. Alot has to come out until draft time though and I am waiting for Free agency first to give us a hint as to who we will draft.

Danny
01-30-2006, 01:08 AM
I'd rather NOT draft a DB at 16....We've been able to get good DB's after the 1st round(Poole,Daniles,Sam,Pat)and when we did take one in the 1st round(Fletcher)we all know how that turned out.I'd rather have a LB or a LT at 16.

Ozzy rules!!

daniel3
01-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Lets take chad greenway if he's there! Greenway, Crowder, Zach, oh my! :p

FinNasty
01-30-2006, 04:09 AM
I'd rather NOT draft a DB at 16....We've been able to get good DB's after the 1st round(Poole,Daniles,Sam,Pat)and when we did take one in the 1st round(Fletcher)we all know how that turned out.I'd rather have a LB or a LT at 16.

Ozzy rules!!

Jimmy Williams is NOTHING like Fletcher... :tantrum:

adamprez2003
01-30-2006, 04:20 AM
If we get a free agent QB or one through trade prior to the draft then Huff, Greenway, or Bunkley would be the three I would look to get. The other one I would consider, though its overpaying at 16 (maybe we trade down a little) is Gabe Watson. He's a classic underperformer, but when he brings it, he's unstoppable. I would have faith that Saban could motivate him to be great

Jaj
01-30-2006, 04:26 AM
Williams would thrive as a CB in Saban's system. No WR can block him except maybe Hines Ward, thus destroying easy outside runs.

He's the #1 player I'd realistically like to have in Miami. Even if he doesn't excel as CB he can be one of the best SS in the league with his tools and would prevent anyone from getting deep and running away.

Retnuhrace
01-30-2006, 11:41 AM

Oh come on... he didn't even declare...

Eshlemon
01-30-2006, 04:36 PM

Domnizzo, does Ryans have the frame to put on the weight w/o losing speed? IF we're playing more 3-4, he's too small as OLB at 6'2 230 lbs. Maybe too small for ILB. Know ZT is only 5'11" but has freakish size/strength/speed combo at Ryans current 230 lbs.

In_Flames
01-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I like both Huff and Williams, but much rather have Huff in the 1st...