PDA

View Full Version : my NHL2K6 on the 360 review

Slappy8800
01-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Graphics - better than xbox but still crappy.
Gameplay Offense - Im still trying to forget the EA controls but im getting there. The one thing I always hated about 2K hockey was the stupid puck protect where you cant knock the puck away from the guy with the puck. It sucks. Passing can be difficult at times even when utilizing the saucer pass because your teammate will choose to ignore the pass for some reason. Deking I cant even figure out how to do it so thumbs down. Shooting is quite simple.
Gameplay Defense - I LOVE the fact taht you can skate backwards. Hooking is way to easy tho, its the same button as poke choke and all you have to do is tap it, thinking youre gonna poke check but it will hook the guy. Blocking shots is easy. The dump feature is also quite good.
Goalies - Better animations then EA. More realistic. However, like EA, the goalies sometimes just plain suck. Will make a move that no NHL goalie would ever make. The new Crease Control feature is also fun! It allows you to be the goalie but makes it easier to make saves. For those of you who have played a shootout on EA you know how difficult it is to make a save with the goalie. I just wish they were more conisistent.

Overall - Not quite as good as EA this year. PP's are either none or a whole bunch. There is no setting up on the PP or the whole game for that matter. Its all up and down, end to end hockey. The jerseys are just plain bad. Logos are too big, names and numbers too small. They need to make some big strides for me to consider buying their game again.

Overall Grade - C- A good game for young kids who dont know enough of teh strategy put into hockey but if youre a diehard hockey fan, EA is the way to go.

Slappy8800
01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
OH! and i forgot..updated rosters with Rookies...wOOT take that sidney you SOB

King Felix
01-29-2006, 09:04 PM
no offense but NHL is cut

PeaTearGriffin
01-30-2006, 04:30 AM
thanks slappy! ive always been a 2k fan over the nhl from EA but the last one i played was 2 years ago