PDA

View Full Version : This or That: 2006 NFL Draft

PassRush
01-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Cutler in the first or Ngata in the first and Croyle in the third?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2006, 03:09 PM
we already have our own ngata in manny wright. croyle is a guy who can start right away, but i don't see him being anything more than just a average quarterback. like a solid journeyman down the road. cutler wouldn't play right away (he shouldn't, anyway), so i see the ngata/croyle scenario as more of an immediate impact, but in the long run, cutler is a better choice.

Pocoloco
01-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Ngata is a unique talent, a rare blend of size and speed for a nose-tackle. He would allow us to run a 3-4 defense for a long time. But I doubt he gets by Buffalo.

If we miss out on Cutler, I'd rather we draft Jacobs or Drew Olson. Croyle is good, but has a skinny frame, and I don't think we can withstand the beating he'll experience in the NFL.

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't think they understand the idea PassRush but it is a good one.

Cutler in the first.

Huff or Jimmy Williams in the first?

PassRush
01-29-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't think they understand the idea PassRush but it is a good one.

Cutler in the first.

Huff or Jimmy Williams in the first?

Now ya get it. Huff

Who will be the better quarterback in the long run, Young or Linehart

Motion
01-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Definitely Huff.

Jacobs or Whitehurst in the 4th?

PassRush
01-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Definitely Huff.

Jacobs, no question. Though I prefer a pocket passer, Whitehurst cannot handle pressure and makes stupid throws. Jacobs has potential

dolfn66
01-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Man, I really have to try and make a better effort to watch more college games this year. I so unfamiliar with many of these names it's pitiful.

saves
01-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Definitely Huff.

I agree with Huff.

Similar projects, but I take Jacobs because of consistency.

mia4ever
01-29-2006, 04:25 PM
DB Jimmy Williams 1st

or DB Cromartie and Vick in the 7th jkQB Reggie Mcneal in the 4th

PhinSoldia
01-29-2006, 04:34 PM
where was the arm everybody was talking about from WHitehurst yesterday?

Jaj
01-29-2006, 04:35 PM
He used touch...

PhinSoldia
01-29-2006, 04:40 PM
He used touch...

hmmmm ok

mbsinmisc
01-29-2006, 05:11 PM
I live in SC and while not a big Clemson fan, I think Whitehurst has the physical and mental abilities to make it as a pro QB. He is tough, played through injury, and multiple offensive systems.

For me it is:

Greenway/Huff 1st
Whitehurst 3rd

Just Win Baby
01-29-2006, 06:35 PM
DB Jimmy Williams 1st

or DB Cromartie and Vick in the 7th jkQB Reggie Mcneal in the 4th

Williams easily.

Trading up to get Cutler

or

stay at 16, take BPA, and take Croyle in the second.

Jaj
01-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Jacobs, no question. Though I prefer a pocket passer, Whitehurst cannot handle pressure and makes stupid throws. Jacobs has potential

Jacobs is a pocket passer... :lol:

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Williams easily.

Trading up to get Cutler

or

stay at 16, take BPA, and take Croyle in the second.

Stay and take Cutler :wink:

DB or OL in round 2 if we draft a QB 1st?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Jacobs is a pocket passer... :lol:
he has enough mobility to get out of the pocket and throw on the move. but so does matt leinart, but he'll always be labeled a pocket passer.

Jaj
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
he has enough mobility to get out of the pocket and throw on the move. but so does matt leinart, but he'll always be labeled a pocket passer.

Pocket passer doesn't mean he can't move, but some people who've never watched Jacobs think because I don't want to say it, yes that reason, that he's a scrambling QB.

PassRush
01-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Pocket passer doesn't mean he can't move, but some people who've never watched Jacobs think because I don't want to say it, yes that reason, that he's a scrambling QB.

I make no excuses. Boy is my face red:o

Jaj
01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I make no excuses. Boy is my face red:o

Wasn't addressing it to you though. It's just numerous people believe that Jacobs is a better athlete than Cutler even if they've never seen them play. Not accusing you of it... :wink:

Danny
01-30-2006, 12:28 AM
If Ngata was to fall to us then I think Nick would take him but is hard to imagine him lasting that long.Cutler will be gone regarless of the seniorbowl.....I think Greenway should be the pick but he could be gone too....in the end what I'd like to see is for us to move down into the 20's and get an extra 2nd round pick.Then Nick could go to work with 4 picks on day one.

Ozzy rules!!

Canadi-Phin
01-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Stay and take Cutler :wink:

DB or OL in round 2 if we draft a QB 1st?

Depends whos there but most likely DB.

Stay and take BPA or trade down and get more picks?

Motion
01-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Wasn't addressing it to you though. It's just numerous people believe that Jacobs is a better athlete than Cutler even if they've never seen them play. Not accusing you of it... :wink:

Theres alot of that on this board.

PassRush
01-30-2006, 04:38 PM

I watch College football and I am familiar with most of the prospects and I find Croyle to be the best choice, not because of a scout report or hype but because I have seen him play. However yes, I have not seen more than five minutes of Jacobs and durring which he rolled out and picked up a pretty nice run. I guess I just assumed...

In_Flames
01-30-2006, 04:39 PM
I watch College football and I am familiar with most of the prospects and I find Croyle to be the best choice, not because of a scout report or hype but because I have seen him play.

Amen to that :D...especially if we can grab him in the 2nd...

Just Win Baby
01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Depends whos there but most likely DB.

Stay and take BPA or trade down and get more picks?

Take BPA

who will be the better pro?

Michael Huff

or

Jimmy Williams

In_Flames
01-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Take BPA

who will be the better pro?

Michael Huff

or

Jimmy Williams

both are great talents and I'd love to have either...but Im gonna give the edge to Huff...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
i don't think it's even close. huff is a far superior talent to williams.

Canadi-Phin
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I'd take Williams. There is a reason he has been ranked ahead of Huff for the whole year. He is big, tough, and talented. Plays two positions. We could use him in our secondary.