PDA

View Full Version : January Photoshop Competition Round 4 Details

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, you all know what this week is. You will both be making a sig and avatar set that is Dolphins related. Please keep them within the TOS. The deadline will be next Saturday at a time that is yet to be decided.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/01/January4-1.jpg

Buddwalk
01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
looks like a good finals match is gonna take place :cooldude:

unifiedtheory
01-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Ok...we are making a siggy and avatar that are Dolphins related?

Any other specific criteria?

Do the Siggy and Avatar have to be related to each other or are they seperate entities?

Just wanna make sure before things begin.

Good luck 72. :D

dolphinfan2k5
01-30-2006, 09:39 AM
They are a combined entry, but they don't have to be related. No other specific criteria.

unifiedtheory
01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
They are a combined entry, but they don't have to be related. No other specific criteria.

NO criteria?

Not even file size?

BlitPhinFan
01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
NO criteria?

Not even file size?

Looks like they just have to be within the TOS guidelines, from his original post.

Avatar: 152x152(max) 19 or 20KB(I can't remember) max
Sig: 400x300(max) 40KB(max)

EDIT: Ah.. here we go.

Signatures and Avatar

Added: February 1, 2004 - Avatars and signatures should not have any type of nudity or be too risqué, nor are they to contain violence. Basically, nothing sexually explicit or violent. However we also ask that you refrain from using bathing suit-type photos altogether for the purpose of promoting on-topic conversation. We believe this is fair as avatars and signatures are in every forum. In some forums these pictures may or may not be allowed. Thus, there should be no pictures, as stated above, in one's avatar or signature. However, images such as stated in the above may be posted in The Ladies Lounge (http://forumdisplay.php/?f=62).

Added: January 15, 2005 - You are permitted one photo per signature. Please keep the dimensions within the 400x300 pixel range and below 40k in size. Exceptions can be made if a signature is wider than 400 pixels, but much shorter than 300 pixels in height (a banner for example). Not only does this make for a sleeker, less congested forum, but it also helps visitors who are limited to 56K dialup connections. Added: January 23, 2006 – The use of quotes from of other members in your signature in a derogatory or inflammatory manner is not allowed. This creates bad feelings among fellow members, and is considered a personal attack.
If I remember correctly in order to upload an avatar it must be as I stated above dimention and file size wise.

NY_FinFan_72
01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Ok...we are making a siggy and avatar that are Dolphins related?

Any other specific criteria?

Do the Siggy and Avatar have to be related to each other or are they seperate entities?

Just wanna make sure before things begin.

Good luck 72. :D

Same to you.

This will be interesting... kind of an "easy" topic, yet with such broad, ok, zero parameters given :D, anything goes. This should be fun!

Good Luck!

Buddwalk
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Same to you.

This will be interesting... kind of an "easy" topic, yet with such broad, ok, zero parameters given :D, anything goes. This should be fun!

Good Luck!

Hook me up with it in a pm when your finished i definitely wanna see :wink:

NY_FinFan_72
01-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Hook me up with it in a pm when your finished i definitely wanna see :wink:

:hi5: Deal.

dolphinfan2k5
01-30-2006, 10:46 PM
NO criteria?

Not even file size?

Yep as Blit said, just keep the size within the TOS.

unifiedtheory
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Just finished working on the siggy portion of the program and HATED it once it was done...scrapped it but it may return. :tantrum:

I'm starting all over again and I have a question.

If I want to make it say, 500x200 would that be okay? I notice in the TOS it says I can go wider then 400 if it is shorter then 300.

Let me know when you have a chance....it's gona be tight getting this done by the deadline though.

ILPhinFan88
02-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Just finished working on the siggy portion of the program and HATED it once it was done...scrapped it but it may return. :tantrum:

I'm starting all over again and I have a question.

If I want to make it say, 500x200 would that be okay? I notice in the TOS it says I can go wider then 400 if it is shorter then 300.

Let me know when you have a chance....it's gona be tight getting this done by the deadline though.

It must be OK with the TOS, I make most of my sigs 500 X 200

darkmistress
02-01-2006, 01:09 AM
It must be OK with the TOS, I make most of my sigs 500 X 200

Not for the GM keep them under 400x300 and 40k please. We can't risk mods of the future removing the stuff we say is a-ok :wink:

NY_FinFan_72
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I haven't even THOUGHT about this yet...

I'll be back around 9:00 tonight to work on it... and I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO finish it tonight because I'm leaving for Daytona Friday morning for a work thing.

So either way, good or bad, mine will be turned in some time tonight.

This is gonna be tough!

EDIT: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn... I just realized I also have to complete my February 1st Round Entry tonight as well.

Before it was tough... now it's impossible.

That's it, I'm going out to get my freaking taxes done.

Buddwalk
02-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I haven't even THOUGHT about this yet...

I'll be back around 9:00 tonight to work on it... and I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO finish it tonight because I'm leaving for Daytona Friday morning for a work thing.

So either way, good or bad, mine will be turned in some time tonight.

This is gonna be tough!

EDIT: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn... I just realized I also have to complete my February 1st Round Entry tonight as well.

Before it was tough... now it's impossible.

That's it, I'm going out to get my freaking taxes done.

The pressures of life now invading your time in the photoshop contest...somehow i think you'll still prevail :wink:

NY_FinFan_72
02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
The pressures of life now invading your time in the photoshop contest...somehow i think you'll still prevail :wink:

I dunno... last night, after I posted the above, I went home to find my old man rolling around on his bed, screaming in pain, and holding his stomach. I took him to the hospital, and he's still there... I'm about to go see him.

Last night I did the Feb Round 1 entry, and that's it. Also, because of what happened, I got nothing done in preparation for my business trip... so I have to do it tonight.

Anyway, I have no internet at home still... so basically, I'm screwed.

Before I leave town I'll leave official word as to whether I submitted anything or not.

I'll be in Daytona until late Monday.

See ya!

Buddwalk
02-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I dunno... last night, after I posted the above, I went home to find my old man rolling around on his bed, screaming in pain, and holding his stomach. I took him to the hospital, and he's still there... I'm about to go see him.

Last night I did the Feb Round 1 entry, and that's it. Also, because of what happened, I got nothing done in preparation for my business trip... so I have to do it tonight.

Anyway, I have no internet at home still... so basically, I'm screwed.

Before I leave town I'll leave official word as to whether I submitted anything or not.

I'll be in Daytona until late Monday.

See ya!

Oh man this is terrible news hope it all works out for you man :(

NY_FinFan_72
02-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Unified... you're the winner man. There is just nooooooo way I'll have time to work on something. Sorry bro... I know winning is only fun when you "beat" the other person, but there's just no way I can get this done.

We'll meet again, I'm sure.

Congrats on becoming the 1st back-to-back Photoshop Competition Winner.

Talk to ya when I get back.

Buddwalk
02-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Unified... you're the winner man. There is just nooooooo way I'll have time to work on something. Sorry bro... I know winning is only fun when you "beat" the other person, but there's just no way I can get this done.

We'll meet again, I'm sure.

Congrats on becoming the 1st back-to-back Photoshop Competition Winner.

Talk to ya when I get back.

a shame maybe the finals for the january photoshop can be held off another weekend...?

unifiedtheory
02-03-2006, 12:41 AM
a shame maybe the finals for the january photoshop can be held off another weekend...?
I'm more then willing to do that.

I DO NOT want to win by default. If NY can't finish by this weekend then I'd be more then happy to set a new dealine...perhaps middle of the week or something.

To be honest, between this project, the Feb project, trying to finish a site I'm building (with a tight dealine on it) AND working 12 hour days the last week at my day job I'm getting worn out.

Pushing it to later in the week so we can actually have a vote is a great idea. It's all up to NY and 2K though...

dolphinfan2k5
02-03-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm fine with that, the new deadline will be Wednesday.

unifiedtheory
02-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Bump as a reminder.:wink:

unifiedtheory
02-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Don't know if NY has seen this yet but, I'm sending 2K my siggy portion of the program, the avatar is still in the works...should be in tomoroow.

dolphinfan2k5
02-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Hmm, he hasn't been on since the second.

FinFan72
02-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Nice work dude

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 05:19 PM
i think he gave up

unifiedtheory
02-11-2006, 08:13 PM
i think he gave up

As do I...if he does decide to submit I'll need more time because I'm using my submission for the finals as my current siggy....:lol:

dolphinfan2k5
02-11-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm giving you the win Unified.

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Unified now the first ever back to back champions...can he go for the 3peat???

I sure hope not :lol:

unifiedtheory
02-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Unified now the first ever back to back champions...can he go for the 3peat???

I sure hope not :lol::wink: