PDA

View Full Version : Rick Ankiel

UCFinfan86
01-29-2006, 09:54 PM
yo anyone out there have any info on him? hes from my hometown, i always liked him, last i herad was he hit good in the minors, is he gonna be on the majro league roster this year?

cnc66
01-29-2006, 09:58 PM
did you google his name?

GreenMonster
01-29-2006, 10:41 PM
He is an outfielder for the Cards now, and split time between A and AA last year. He has some power, and is a decent corner outfielder. His contract was purchased last year, because he would have become a minor league free agent, and some team would leap at the chance to pick him up..

Muck
01-29-2006, 11:05 PM
He was an unbelievable pitcher in high school. We faced him every year. He was Mike Tyson. Threw in the 90s. We weren't that good. But he routinely destroyed us. I think we managed one hit the last two games. National Player of the Year as a senior.

His dad was pretty overbearing. Ended up going to prison for selling coke.

HysterikiLL
01-30-2006, 12:01 AM
He was an unbelievable pitcher in high school. We faced him every year. He was Mike Tyson. Threw in the 90s. We weren't that good. But he routinely destroyed us. I think we managed one hit the last two games. National Player of the Year as a senior.

His dad was pretty overbearing. Ended up going to prison for selling coke.

Since when was it illegal to sell coke? I bought three bottles just this afternoon. :lol: Sorry, I'm bored and I saw an opening.

miamikid92
01-30-2006, 12:03 AM
i thought he was a pitcher for the cards..i remember seeing him on espn throwing a fastball into a backstop or something

GreenMonster
01-30-2006, 12:16 AM
i thought he was a pitcher for the cards..i remember seeing him on espn throwing a fastball into a backstop or something

That is why he is now an outfielder for the Cards..