PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Taken the G.E.D test before?

Alex44
01-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Well I'm homeschooled....in 3 months I'll be 16 which is when I can take the GED test, which for anyone who doesnt know is basically the equivalent of graduating high school, I want to graduate early and go to a small college and transfer in 2 years, hopefully play college football somewhere, anyway on subject, has anyone here ever taken the test? And if so is it hard? and what kind of questions are on it

Buddwalk
01-31-2006, 08:51 AM
my mom took it but she quit high school at 17 and just a couple years ago got her diploma

Anyway not 100% sure but if your a college football stud 3 years removed from highschool you can be in the nfl so you might be like 18 or 19 in the nfl :wink:

HelenaBucket
01-31-2006, 09:36 AM
My oldest son, who is very bright, dropped out of HS at 16, and took the GED without further study, and passed with an extremely high score. He was in the ninety-something percentile...and said he didn't find the questions terribly challenging. As another benchmark, he also took the military entrance exam, (ASFAB?) and scored in the high seventies on that. I don't know if any of that info helps you put this in perspective. Good luck!

mor911
01-31-2006, 09:44 AM
The military exam is the ASVAB, and the Mor scored a 4. That's why I cleaned toilets in the service :(

UltraDol-Fan
01-31-2006, 10:09 AM
The military exam is the ASVAB, and the Mor scored a 4. That's why I cleaned toilets in the service :(

I got a 99 on the ASVAB (armed services vocational aptitude battery) , was going to go to SC for Nuke school in the Navy, but the doctor's wouldn't let me pass the physical becasue they said I had scoliosis.