PDA

View Full Version : Flight 93

Buddwalk
01-31-2006, 08:52 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/flight93/large.html

I was just talking to mindwarp bout this i saw the movie on tv last night, exact same thing and this is coming out in april to theatres maybe im insane or they have the movie as the same title. But even the voices in the trailer sound the same as the movie

It was on A&E last night around 1 am, tonight it airs again around 10 eastern

UltraDol-Fan
01-31-2006, 10:11 AM
they've been showing previews all last week for that show, I never watched it because I thought making money off their loss is kind of tacky.

Clark Kent
01-31-2006, 03:38 PM
they've been showing previews all last week for that show, I never watched it because I thought making money off their loss is kind of tacky.Welcome to earth. Here on this planet, that's how **** works...

Anyway, saw the movie, thought it was interesting. It's a shame these people didn't try to take the plane sooner, they would have had a better chance of survival (one person knew how to fly a single engine plane, which is obviously a lot different, but it's still expirence).

Buddwalk
01-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Remember A&E 10:00 PM Eastern guys :wink:

TheAnswer385
01-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Remember A&E 10:00 PM Eastern guys :wink:is it good

K-train
01-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Just told my dad.

unifiedtheory
01-31-2006, 10:35 PM
My girlfriend really wanted to watch it last night and I refused.

9/11 is something that should only be discussed in the most serious tone. It should be talked about in documentary form. Nova, Frontline and Investigative Reports are forums for discussion when 9/11 comes up.

Dramatising it....no matter how serious the tone of the drama is'nt something that should be done...not yet in my opinion.

Buddwalk
01-31-2006, 10:53 PM
Just told my dad.

yes 7 minutes to go

burger13
01-31-2006, 10:57 PM

I was just talking to mindwarp bout this i saw the movie on tv last night, exact same thing and this is coming out in april to theatres maybe im insane or they have the movie as the same title. But even the voices in the trailer sound the same as the movie

There are 2 movies with the same title.......different movies. this link has info on both:

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Flight%2093;s=all

K-train
01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Here it comes now!!

Rocky Raccoon
01-31-2006, 11:21 PM
it's pretty good already. There is so much I didn't know about that flight... I never knew it took off from Newark, NJ. It's incredible to hear how close so many people were to not being on the flight at all.

Noodle Arm
01-31-2006, 11:51 PM
There are 2 movies with the same title.......different movies. this link has info on both:

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Flight%2093;s=all

Exactly, the one in the trailer posted earlier is different than the one that aired on A&E.

CharlestonPhan
02-01-2006, 12:27 AM
A&E had on a documentary on the twin towers attacks of 9/11 last night, narrated by Bill Curtis... gripping, riveting, matter of fact accounts from spouses and families of victims about last phone calls after the planes struck, plus police and fire personnel input...

and while i agree about the tone of the coverage, it infuriates me that A & E is about the only place that shows any video or talks about that day anymore...

Nublar7
02-01-2006, 02:10 AM

A movie about Flight 93? Wow. I think it is way too soon to be making movies about 9/11.

Rocky Raccoon
02-01-2006, 02:11 AM
A movie about Flight 93? Wow. I think it is way too soon to be making movies about 9/11.

and it was very good

Nublar7
02-01-2006, 02:14 AM
and it was very good
I didn't see the A&E one, but wasn't it a documentary? Universal is making a movie for the theaters. I have nothing against documentaries retelling the day, but a movie? Na, not yet.

burger13
02-01-2006, 01:12 PM
I didn't see the A&E one, but wasn't it a documentary? Universal is making a movie for the theaters. I have nothing against documentaries retelling the day, but a movie? Na, not yet.

No. it was a movie....not a documentary. It was very well done if you ask me. Very hard to watch, very emotional.

I completely understand both sides of the "should they be making movies on this" discussion. My view is that I chose to watch, and it I watched for educational purposes, to empathize with those involved. I would hope that others who don't agree with the movie, could just not watch.

It'll Happen11
02-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I saw the A&E version last night and I have to say, I didnt think it was that good at all. I mean, since I guess it was a true story and was very accurate then it can't really be considered "bad". But it was pretty boring, not to sound ignorant or anything, but it was extremely repetitive, Passenger#1 calls family member-Passenger#2 calls family member(says the same stuff to theyr'e family member as passenger #1)-Passenger#3 calls family member(says the same stuff as passenger #2) and so on and so on. This goes on for about 85% of the movie.

EDIT- The acting sucked too. Especially this one wife who was just completely over-acting constantly.

burger13
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I saw the A&E version last night and I have to say, I didnt think it was that good at all. I mean, since I guess it was a true story and was very accurate then it can't really be considered "bad". But it was pretty boring, not to sound ignorant or anything, but it was extremely repetitive, Passenger#1 calls family member-Passenger#2 calls family member(says the same stuff to theyr'e family member as passenger #1)-Passenger#3 calls family member(says the same stuff as passenger #2) and so on and so on. This goes on for about 85% of the movie.

EDIT- The acting sucked too. Especially this one wife who was just completely over-acting constantly.

It definately wasn't shot with the cast or budget that the hollywood version will be.....but that's a given. It was an A&E movie. I see what you are saying about it being repetive....but that's what was likely going on.

Cool Calm Mike
02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
It's called a "Docudrama". I'm in the middle of watching it now. It's very good.

tucker
02-01-2006, 11:47 PM
eh just watched it..it was ok..still think it was shot down but what ever

CrunchTime
02-02-2006, 01:06 AM
My girlfriend really wanted to watch it last night and I refused.

9/11 is something that should only be discussed in the most serious tone. It should be talked about in documentary form. Nova, Frontline and Investigative Reports are forums for discussion when 9/11 comes up.

Dramatising it....no matter how serious the tone of the drama is'nt something that should be done...not yet in my opinion.

I have to agree.Its too fresh in our conscience.There is a very good one hour documentary from Discovery Channel which really choked me up.

I am not going to see a Hollywood version..........just yet.IMO it trivializes the events.