PDA

View Full Version : IPOD Nano Question.

bg34
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Does anyone have the Ipod nano? I just got one and everytime I connect to my computer, it starts flashing "do not disconnect". I don't understand is going on, does anyone have any knowledge of this or had this happen to them? Please help, for I am about to lose my ******* mind over this.

NJFINSFAN1
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Does anyone have the Ipod nano? I just got one and everytime I connect to my computer, it starts flashing "do not disconnect". I don't understand is going on, does anyone have any knowledge of this or had this happen to them? Please help, for I am about to lose my ******* mind over this.

A: Did you install I tunes?

B: Its updating your IPOD, wait to it says okay to disconnect.

C: It also charges your IPOD

bg34
01-31-2006, 07:02 PM
I installed Itunes, how long do I wait, it's fully charged and it's done it for two hours?

darkmistress
01-31-2006, 07:10 PM
You have to eject it before you can disconnect it. I'm not sure how to on a PC but if you're using a mac just drag the icon to the trash then you can safely disconnect it :wink:

bg34
01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Okay, now I'm going to really show my stupidity with this thing. WHERE is the button or command at to actually download what's in your library? I don't see it anywhere, lol. (I know, I know, what an idiot, lol) I have three songs imported to Itunes, now how do I get them on my Ipod?

miamikid92
01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
my ipod nano is so screwed up, when i plug it in after downloading some songs on it i'll take it out and it freezes.. sometimes it won't shut off and just the other day all my songs were erased when i turned it on so now i am taking it back

NaboCane
01-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have the Ipod nano? I just got one and everytime I connect to my computer, it starts flashing "do not disconnect". I don't understand WTF is going on, does anyone have any knowledge of this or had this happen to them? Please help, for I am about to lose my f****** mind over this.
Down on the creen where you have your volume control, etc. you'll mouse over and find a "safely remove hardware" icon. Right-click and follow the prompts.

darkmistress
01-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Okay, now I'm going to really show my stupidity with this thing. WHERE is the button or command at to actually download what's in your library? I don't see it anywhere, lol. (I know, I know, what an idiot, lol) I have three songs imported to Itunes, now how do I get them on my Ipod?

I usually just drag them from my library in itunes over to the ipod icon. I'm not sure if that will work on a pc though.

bg34
01-31-2006, 07:23 PM
^thanks, I'll try that.( taking deep breath)

unifiedtheory
01-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Down on the creen where you have your volume control, etc. you'll mouse over and find a "safely remove hardware" icon. Right-click and follow the prompts.:yeahthat:

HysterikiLL
01-31-2006, 07:52 PM
The 'do not disconnect' comes up for every iPod. I have an iPod (just the normal one) and it does that while it's loading the songs on to your iPod from the iTunes software. If it does this for a large amount of time, disconnect and then hold down the two middle buttons for about five seconds (I think it's the pause/play button and the stop button, I'm not sure) and that will reboot it kind of. You shouldn't lose any songs doing this, but I would probably recommend reading the instructions first as the iPod nano could be different to my old fashioned, over-sized iPod.

bg34
01-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Down on the creen where you have your volume control, etc. you'll mouse over and find a "safely remove hardware" icon. Right-click and follow the prompts.

Okay, I did that and somehow accidentally removed all usb ports, now when I connect it doesn't do anything. How do I get my computer to recognize my usb ports again? And I'm sorry for all the questions, clearly I am a beginner at this but really appreciate everyone's help (dm, hyster, nabo, etc.)

bg34
01-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Okay, I figured it out! I'm up and running and am no longer Ipod-challenged! Thanks again!!:dolphins: :dolphins:

It was the "drag" answer by dm that I had to do, thanks!

darkmistress
01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Okay, I figured it out! I'm up and running and am no longer Ipod-challenged! Thanks again!!:dolphins: :dolphins:

It was the "drag" answer by dm that I had to do, thanks!

:bravo:

:dm: