PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Direct TV and NFL Ticket

burger13
01-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm looking into ditching cable and getting Direct TV with the Sunday ticket.....but it appears that there may be some hidden costs that they aren't showing.

For one, they say that you need the 'Superfan' package to get HD games...but don't give a price.

I know a lot of people on here have the Ticket, could someone be kind enough to tell me how much the 'Superfan' thing costs and if they found any hidden charges.

Also, as far as HD channels go, do you get all your local channels in HD or is that extra?

I'm going to call and get the official answers, but I always like to get customer feedback as well.

Thanks!

byroan
01-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Superfan was $99 this past year. The HD channels are extra. HD locals are a work in progress. DTV is doing some changes this year when it comes to their signal.

burger13
01-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the response.

Superfan is an EXTRA $99 over the sunday ticket price??

you say the HD locals are a work in progress........do you currently not get them? Or were they just bad?

byroan
01-31-2006, 10:38 PM
My area doesn't get HD locals yet. I have to use an antenna to get them. I know just a few areas are getting them now. But I do believe they're working on getting all the areas HD locals.

Yes, The Superfan was an additional $99 on top of the Sunday Ticket price. This was the first year you had to pay for the HD games. But you got other things besides just the HD. They replayed every game during the week in 30 mins cutting out the commercials and junk. There were some other perks in there but I didn't really use them. I think they had a channel that would show 8 games on it live.

burger13
01-31-2006, 10:41 PM
My area doesn't get HD locals yet. I have to use an antenna to get them. I know just a few areas are getting them now. But I do believe they're working on getting all the areas HD locals.

Yes, The Superfan was an additional $99 on top of the Sunday Ticket price. This was the first year you had to pay for the HD games. But you got other things besides just the HD. They replayed every game during the week in 30 mins cutting out the commercials and junk. There were some other perks in there but I didn't really use them. I think they had a channel that would show 8 games on it live.

cool....thanks for all the info.