PDA

View Full Version : my sister

d-day
02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
without going into details, i lost my sister yesterday - it was unexpected - my sister was my all-time favorite - i already miss her so much - she used to watch the miami games every sunday w/ or w/out me just because her big brother was such a fan - i always knew it was her way of being close to me - my sister was very giving and would do anything for anybody - saying i was proud to be her brother would be such an understatement - it is very rare to go through life and know someone very special - and with that i feel truly blessed that i was a part of her life and she was a part of mine - last month i heard a song by anthony and the johnsons called you are my sister - i recorded it and brought it to her while she was at work - i remember her calling me 10 minutes later with tears - this song is for you lori with all my love and tears...

You are my sister, we were born
So innocent, so full of need
There were times we were friends but times I was so cruel
Each night I'd ask for you to watch me as I sleep

I was so afraid of the night
You seemed to move through the places that I feared
You lived inside my world so softly
Protected only by the kindness of your nature

You are my sister
And I love you
May all of your dreams come true

We felt so differently then
So similar over the years
The way we laugh the way we experience pain
So many memories
But theres nothing left to gain from remembering
Faces and worlds that no one else will ever know

You are my sister
And I love you

All of your dreams,
All of your dreams come true

I want this for you
They're gonna come true (gonna come true)
I see them come...

Buddwalk
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Im sorry for your loss brother dday...RIP

King Nate
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
:(

I'm so sorry to hear that, bro. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost my sister. Hit me up if you ever need to talk buddy, I'll be around.

ILPhinFan88
02-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Really sorry to hear of this d-day. You and your family will be in my prayers, be strong.

mor911
02-01-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm so so so sorry bro. You've been nothing less than a brother me. I'm here for you bro.

Be strong. I lost my younger brother 7 years ago in January of 1999. It hurts like hell, but with a strong family and good friends it will get easier to cope with. We love you bro and we're here for you.

Rocky Raccoon
02-01-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss d-day. It seems that your sister was a special person...I'll keep you and your family in my prayers through this tough time...be strong and god bless.

wazzy
02-01-2006, 01:20 AM
God bless her soul and I will keep her in my prayers. I wish you the best for you and your family.

Quelonio
02-01-2006, 01:21 AM
Dunno how this feels, and therefore I don't know how to help, but you are a friend, and I would like to say that we love you. Don't know what else to do...

wpgfishfan
02-01-2006, 01:38 AM
So sorry

My family will be praying for your family tonight

welderpat
02-01-2006, 01:43 AM
without going into details, i lost my sister yesterday - it was unexpected - my sister was my all-time favorite - i already miss her so much - she used to watch the miami games every sunday w/ or w/out me just because her big brother was such a fan - i always knew it was her way of being close to me - my sister was very giving and would do anything for anybody - saying i was proud to be her brother would be such an understatement - it is very rare to go through life and know someone very special - and with that i feel truly blessed that i was a part of her life and she was a part of mine - last month i heard a song by anthony and the johnsons called you are my sister - i recorded it and brought it to her while she was at work - i remember her calling me 10 minutes later with tears - this song is for you lori with all my love and tears...

You are my sister
And I love you

So many memories

You are my sister
And I love you

All of your dreams,

I want this for you
I see them come...

D-Day, Man this hurts.
I see you on here all the time and you seem like a great guy.
There are 12,000+ on here that would do anything to help you if we could but it is so helpless.
You can be very proud of the fact that when she was here you treated her with love.
We can all learn from you.

NaboCane
02-01-2006, 01:51 AM

You are my sister
And I love you

So many memories

You are my sister
And I love you

All of your dreams,

I want this for you
I see them come...

d-day, I'm so sorry...I'll PM you my number, if you need to talk just dial.

welderpat
02-01-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm so so so sorry bro. You've been nothing less than a brother me. I'm here for you bro.

Be strong. I lost my younger brother 7 years ago in January of 1999. It hurts like hell, but with a strong family and good friends it will get easier to cope with. We love you bro and we're here for you.

Mor 911,
What I posted to D-Day goes for you to man.
To give you guys some background when my youngest son was like two years old he got sick and the doctor told us he might die.
that is the only time I have ever came close to what you two have felt.
I just want both of you two to hang in there and be the same people that they knew you and loved you as.

darkmistress
02-01-2006, 01:56 AM
God bless Jeff I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling. We will stand with you, you can rely on that. I will don a memorial badge in my sig for your sister (anyone else can if they'd like ;)).

She will never really be gone unless you forget her. And I don't think that will happen :wink:

Just remember, that whether you like it or not you're a huge part of the finheaven family and the lives of all the users here. We're also a part of yours - we're all here for you.

:hug:

Stay strong.

HansMojo
02-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Man I’m really sorry to hear that. I can’t think of anything worse than losing a loved one. I hope you can take some time off and just press close to your family. You can all be a great support to each other right now. Remember that there is no correct way to mourn or deal with this kind of situation. Just do what feels right and know that there are a heck of a lot of people that really care about you and are thinking of you. Much Aloha to you and your family.

Gonzo
02-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Regardless of how busy I may be on a certain day, I always make time to come on here to laugh at a quote, decipher, ogle at a post in the ladies lounge, and occasionally even leave a mildly thoughtful post on the Phins and through it all I have made great friends, including of course you. And though I haven't had the opportunity to hang out with you in person, D-day, it hurts me to know you are going through something like this. I wish you and your family the best through it all. I will PM you my #, just in case.

Your sister, you, and your family will be in my thoughts. Take care Cyrus,
Shane
Gonzo
Luther

CalDolFan1014
02-01-2006, 03:32 AM

You are my sister
And I love you

So many memories

You are my sister
And I love you

All of your dreams,

I want this for you
I see them come...

:( Wow. I'm sorry to hear that brother. That just brought a tear to my eyes. http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif I have no idea how that hurts cuz I've never lost someone that close to me, so I'm not going to lie and say I know how it feels, cuz i don't. I do have two younger sisters, though, that I love dear and I don't even want to think about how much it would hurt to lose one of them.

It's always a sad day when one member of our family has to deal with such tragedies. All I can recommend is to stay strong and remember the good times you had with your sister. Just know, that she is up there looking over you and protecting you in spirit. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and always know that if you need someone to talk to, everyone here, myself included, is here for you brother.

I have had the privilege to get to know you as a great friend among many others on FinHeaven. I'm sure your sister had as great a heart and character as you did. May the Lord bless your sister with eternal peace and just remember that one day you'll be with her again, bro. God bless, brother.

My condolences,
Miguel, CalDolFan10x14

unifiedtheory
02-01-2006, 04:00 AM
I'm really sorry for your loss brother D-Day...be strong my friend. Take solace in the fact that you and your family have such love for each other.

Marino2Clayton
02-01-2006, 04:36 AM
I am so sorry.

Wildbill3
02-01-2006, 04:43 AM
I'm sorry for you and your family bro, I hope that by posting here you were able to start the long healing process. I'm sure wherever she is, she'll look down on you, and everytime you watch the fins, you'll know she'll always be there with you.

Roman529
02-01-2006, 05:07 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss D-day. I have never had a sister, but I know you were blessed to have a really great one like her. Always remember the good times and be strong. God bless you man. :(

bg34
02-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Truly sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

cnc66
02-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Jeff, I am so sorry bro, please accept my prayers for you and yours. If there is anything whatsoever that I may do to help do not hesitate to let me know. My thoughts and prayers bro...they are with you.

njfinfan
02-01-2006, 07:42 AM
God Bless you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that we share your grief and are here to support you in whatever way you might need.

TheAnswer385
02-01-2006, 07:45 AM
im really sorry for your loss D-Day

Celtkin
02-01-2006, 08:09 AM
d-day. From your description, it is obvious that you had an incredible relationship with your sister. I hope that nothing ever gets in the way of that memory. In this day and age where families don't even share meals together, you have something to be proud of.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Bless you, bro.

Pagan
02-01-2006, 08:10 AM
D-Day brother, I know how you're feeling..I recently lost both my parents, and the loss of a family member - especially one you're very close with - is devastating.

All the positive energies in the world are heading your way man.

You have my number bro, I'll all ears if you need it.

inFINSible
02-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Hey, Jeff....I'm so sorry to hear this....I can't imagine what you must be feeling..... :(

HelenaBucket
02-01-2006, 08:55 AM
So sorry for your loss. While time doesn't make the loss of a loved one any easier, it does make it less difficult. May you find comfort in sweet memories of your sister.

GRAPEAPE
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Thoughts and prayer go out to you and your family.

SCall13
Very sorry to hear about your sister. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

miamikid92
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
man im so sorry to hear that d-day you and your family will be in my prayers..i cant imagine what i would be like if i lost my brother and i dont even like him

NJFINSFAN1
02-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Wow, D-day I'm truly sorry for your loss. Just remember she is in your heart always. It sounds like you truly had a special relationship.

My prayers are with you.:(

sugarcane
02-01-2006, 09:16 AM
I am so sorry,I lost my oldest brother a couple of years ago.I think of him everyday and I talk to him,that may sound crazy but it helps.Remember the good times and let the tears flow,don't hold back or you will implode.My sincere condolences D-day.

RIP sister Phin Phan. :(

Mindwarp
02-01-2006, 09:22 AM
d-day im so sorry for your loss man. I saw my great grandmother die who i was soo close to it was a horrible experiance. Keep your head up man and know you have people who care about you and are here for you.

dolphinfan2k5
02-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm soooooo sorry, nothing like that should have to happen. I'm sure she's at peace now.

UncleCosmic
02-01-2006, 09:49 AM
So sorry, d-day. You are in my prayers.

UltraDol-Fan
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
That's awful, sorry for you loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers

FinFan72
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm so sorry dude you and your family are in my prayers

Motion
02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Sorry for your loss d-day.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

WharfRat
02-01-2006, 11:18 AM
D-Day,
My most sincere condolences go out to you and your family.
If there is anything that I, or the Staff can do, please don't hesitate to ask.
Please know that your extended family on FinHeaven is here for you in your time of loss.
Our thoughts, prayers, and positive energy go out to you and yours.

Wharf.

ASCII
02-01-2006, 11:20 AM
God Bless you and god bless the relationship you had with her. You will be in my thoughts and prayer.

PHINATIC13
02-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm truly sorry to hear that d-day.My condolences to your and your family d-day.God Bless and take care.

RWhitney014
02-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Jeff, I'm here for you just like you were there for me. The best advice is just to let all your emotions out. You are just about everybody's best friend on this site, and know that we're all looking out for you. Keep your head up.

GreenMonster
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Jeff, sorry to hear this. Keep your head up high, you have many friends here that care. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the rest of your family.

BlitPhinFan
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Very sorry to hear that Jeff. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong.

dominizzo
02-01-2006, 12:17 PM
My Condolence DDAY to you and your family broo!!! gimme a pm ill chat with u if u need me

dolphan117
02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers d-day, I cant imagine how I would feel if I lost one of my sisters.

Nappy Roots
02-01-2006, 12:28 PM

You are my sister
And I love you

So many memories

You are my sister
And I love you

All of your dreams,

I want this for you
I see them come...

damn man, sorry to hear this man. i got a little brother and couldnt imagine losing someone so close like that. i honestly dont even know what i would do, as i am very very close to my brother. just stay strong bro!

Kobe
02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Sorry to hear man. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as well. Just remember, we are always here to help.

byroan
02-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear that D-day. I know it's hard to deal with a death with someone who is so close to you. Hang in there and in the end you'll come out strong. Just remember the good times you two had together. You'll always have the memories.

Jt0323
02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
wow man i am sorry to hear this, u and ur family are in my prayers man,

phins17
02-01-2006, 05:29 PM
d-day so sorry for you loss. I am at a loss of words right now I know how much you loved your sister. You have my number please just call me. May God Bless you and your Family.

DrAstroZoom
02-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Being an only child, I can't even comprehend how this would feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Prime
02-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear that d-day. It seems like you and your sister was really close. May God bliss you and your family.

DrAstroZoom
02-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear that d-day. It seems like you and your sister was really close. May God bliss you and your family.

I know it's a typo, but it's quite possibly one of the coolest sentiments I've ever heard.

ohall
02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss d-day.

Timmy54
02-01-2006, 07:00 PM
may god bless you D-Day and your family in this time of terrible hurt. I really feel for you.

ChrisKo
02-01-2006, 07:49 PM
My condolences! Sorry to hear about the tragic news.

PassRush
02-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I am so sorry d-day. I cannot think of any words that could consol you right now durring this hard time. Just know that all of us here at Finheaven are here for you. I know we only met one time in person but if you ever need someone to talk to, you know I will be here for you. Having been through something similar to what you are going through, I understand that you must be devestated but stay strong. She is in a better place now and she would not want you to cry too hard or let up one bit on anything you are devoted to because of her passing. Stay strong dude

SuavePhin
02-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I feel for ya D-Day, remain strong brother we're all here for you buddy!

backpacker
02-01-2006, 09:42 PM
[Inserts generic comment meant to make people feel better.]

Humor is the best cure in the world my friend.

finsmx
02-01-2006, 10:04 PM
So sorry to hear that dday, my prayers are with you and your family, stay strong bro

John Biello
02-02-2006, 12:31 AM
im so sorry my friend....the right words are hard to find

CharlestonPhan
02-02-2006, 12:34 AM
DDay, that is terrible news, i am sorry for your loss.

may you one day soon have joy in your heart that exceeds the grief you are now feeling.

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

GCD960
02-02-2006, 12:42 AM
sorry for the loss

FinFan72
02-02-2006, 12:10 PM
If you need someone 2 talk to dont hesitate to ask

Fin Fan in Cali
02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Sorry for your loss Brother D-Day. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Amars
02-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear that DDay. You and your family can pull through this.

dolfan4good
02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry for you loss D-day and I am sorry that I have not responded to this earlier as I, myself, have been in the hospital since Jan 25th. My family's prayers will include you and your family as we will ask God to bring you serenity during this time of grief.

RunningBackGuru
02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
I feel so bad, I'll pray for you and your family tonight.

poisonphin
02-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Sorry about your loss d-day. :(

Miamian
02-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Sorry I didn't see this thread until now, but I'm even sorrier for your loss. My condolences to you and yours.

Sal Lisitano
02-02-2006, 05:27 PM
geez...that's horrible.
I'm really sorry for your loss d-day.
I don't know what to say...I can't imagine how bad you feel...stay strong!!!

Nublar7
02-03-2006, 01:16 AM
D-day, I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. If you would ever like someone to just talk to, feel free to send me an IM on either AIM or MSN Messenger.

d-day
02-03-2006, 01:25 AM
D-day, I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. If you would ever like someone to just talk to, feel free to send me an IM on either AIM or MSN Messenger.

thanks nublar and anyone else i personally didn't get a chance to thank - it means so much...

McDuffie81
02-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Im extremely sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you bud. :(

Majpain
02-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Omg thats really sad.I dunno how I would andle losing one of my family members but I'm so sorry for your loss.:(

touborg
02-06-2006, 06:06 PM
My condolences.

FinzFan
02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
I just got into this section after all this time and read your post about your sister. D-Day, I feel your pain brother and if you ever need another human being to lean on, you can count on me.

Doug

TotoreMexico
02-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm feel bad for you brother d-day:( , it's sad to hear that. I'm going to pray for you and your family