PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Prophecy -- The Best Game Nobody Played

mor911
02-01-2006, 10:35 AM
In September of 2005, Atari released a title created in the UK called Indigo Prophecy. This game wasn't a huge media hype... It wasn't the next best thing according to any editors or industry analysts.

Indigo Prophecy (IP) made a very quiet release and it's sales (across PS2, Xbox, and PC) followed suit.

With little or no fan fare, IP somehow ended up in the Xbox of a close friend of The Mor. This friend recommended IP to The Mor over and over for months. Finally, The Mor takes a shot at IP and it can only be described as, WOW!

IP is the greatest game you've never played. The concept of the game is exellent. You play through a murder investigation... But you play through the eyes of the killer, and the detectives (choosing which perspective you see throughout the game). You can do things on different sides to help the other out (IE -- Come up with a really bad sketch mock-up of the suspects face).

The game is great. Because of all of the decisions you are allowed to make in the game, replay-ability is huge. The game feels strangely like Shenmue to me, and I love it.

The graphics aren't ground breaking, but it does the trick to draw you into this world of this murder. The sounds are excellent and there are plenty of times where the game scares the crap out of you (Resident Evil 1 -- Dog-jumping-through-the-window-style).

This game is HIGHLY recommended by The Mor.

9.1 of 10
:mor911:

Other publications' reviews:

IGN - http://xbox.ign.com/objects/663/663657.html
Gamespot - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/fahrenheit/review.html

Caps
02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
I played the game, it was fun the first time through but I just didn't feel an urge to replay it. I'd recommend it as a rental.

nevadadolfan
02-04-2006, 03:49 AM
I really was interested in that game and actually bought it a couple months ago. But then I put it in my xbox and it would not play. I had that stupid Thomson drive that fails after a while and only certain games would play and the others were super slow. I have since bought a new drive for my box on ebay and now all my games work great again. So thanks for reminding me about indigo, Im gonna get it again.

mor911
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
bump

burton87
06-03-2007, 10:44 PM
i thought it was sweet till it turned into the matrix, then theres a part where you have to jump between rooftops... and that was just ****ing impossible

Perfect23
06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
I played the game, it was fun the first time through but I just didn't feel an urge to replay it. I'd recommend it as a rental.

what I rented it the first time and loved it then had a huge urge to go buy it so I did now I just can't stop playing it.

Phinz420
06-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Downloaded it a while back and enjoyed it very much. Sure I haven't played it twice, but I really liked the unique style that game took on. Some of those commands were fast as hell, but wasn't too hard once you got the hang of it earlier in the game.

TheAnswer385
06-04-2007, 03:39 AM
I think i will look into it and seriously think about getting it. It sounds prety cool to me.if i get the xbox version do you think it will work with the 360?*edit- I checked into it and yes it is playable on the 360. I did get it for about 12 bucks total at amazon.com. I needed something to play as i wait for the darkness to come out.

Bruzer
06-04-2007, 07:11 AM
I heard about it and heard it was a very good game. Contemplated renting it a few times but each time I had another big game on my mind and decided not to rent it. One day though I will I swear :P

Timmy54
06-04-2007, 08:24 AM
is it playable on the xbox 360??

TheAnswer385
06-04-2007, 11:43 AM
is it playable on the xbox 360??yea

Phinz420
06-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I heard about it and heard it was a very good game. Contemplated renting it a few times but each time I had another big game on my mind and decided not to rent it. One day though I will I swear :P

Pffft, just download it for the PC. :wink:

Bruzer
06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Pffft, just download it for the PC. :wink:

I should but my problem is no pc atm damn video card died in it. Psu might be dead that or motherboard so im kinda hurting in the pc area atm.

Dolfan32323
06-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Sweet I'll see if Gamestop has this later today.

ricky williams
06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
the games story and artwork were good but i felt there was something lacking. the main problem i had was some of the button pushing simon says scenes and replayability. i tried to play a second time and change all my decisions yet the story played out the same. i even decided to not even fully investigate murder scene. this had no effect. i would love to play an adventure game like this one w/ a great story but where every single decision could effect game. so there would be thousands of possible story variations. it would go a lot farther in immersion and would make me feel like my decisions actually mattered.

QuenteK25
06-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I could definitely see others enjoying this game, but it was too slow for my taste. I like faster paced games and this one didn't do it for me.

TheAnswer385
06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
so far its been a great game imo. Dumb scene with bugs tho when he is at work and that stick pushing gets a little outa hand sometimes. good music and voice acting is prety solid. i will agree It does have a Shenmu feel to it.Nice buy for $12 thats including shipping off amazon.com.