PDA

View Full Version : Rosters for MVP 2005

Offerdahl56
02-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok, I might be asking a question that I prob doesn't have an answer, but is there any way to get the new roster update for MVP 2005 (baseball, PS2) without using the online adapter?

I don't have one the adapter or play online but was wondering if there was a way to download and transfer the rosters to my ps2 w/o going online and doing it that way?

i know i could make trades, create players etc, just looking for another way.

Ray Finkle
02-02-2006, 04:49 PM
You can buy a max drive or shark port and just download the rosters from your computer right into your PS2. The cost of a max drive or shark port are probably the same cost as an online adaptor though.

Joneal7
02-02-2006, 04:57 PM
You can buy a max drive or shark port and just download the rosters from your computer right into your PS2. The cost of a max drive or shark port are probably the same cost as an online adaptor though.

hey this doesnt go with this topic..but i can tell ur a Ace Ventura fan..so i have a question for you...

The 2nd time they are at the concert thing...Ace is asking that guy about info on Finkle and Einhorn...and after he leaves there and is chased around the concert by those 2 thugs..he gets on stage and starts singing sorta...when hes about done singing and ready to leave he says something like "I gotta go guys" ...can you tell me exactly what he says at that point cause i can barely understand it..

im not real good at asking questions so i hope you understand it...

Agent51
02-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Ok, I might be asking a question that I prob doesn't have an answer, but is there any way to get the new roster update for MVP 2005 (baseball, PS2) without using the online adapter?

I don't have one the adapter or play online but was wondering if there was a way to download and transfer the rosters to my ps2 w/o going online and doing it that way?

i know i could make trades, create players etc, just looking for another way.

Aside from the Max Drive or Shark Port route as already mentioned you could always just have a friend with internet access go on with his PS and get the update for you then copy the file to your memory card, or have him use your card. Other than buying one of the things mentioned or using a friend then unfortunately there isn't a way

Ray Finkle
02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
hey this doesnt go with this topic..but i can tell ur a Ace Ventura fan..so i have a question for you...

The 2nd time they are at the concert thing...Ace is asking that guy about info on Finkle and Einhorn...and after he leaves there and is chased around the concert by those 2 thugs..he gets on stage and starts singing sorta...when hes about done singing and ready to leave he says something like "I gotta go guys" ...can you tell me exactly what he says at that point cause i can barely understand it..

im not real good at asking questions so i hope you understand it...

I only saw that part once. It's not in the original cut of the movie. It's only shown when Ace Ventura is on TV on the non-movie channels. Sorry I can't help you.

Offerdahl56
02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
thanks..i finally broke down and bought the network adapter, opened up a whole new world!

Agent51
02-09-2006, 12:57 PM
thanks..i finally broke down and bought the network adapter, opened up a whole new world!

Yea, I was never big into online gaming, but when my original launch PS2 finally crapped out I bought the slim one and since the adapter is built in I figured I might as well check it out. I'm still not really big int it, but I do have some heated Madden and NCAA Football 06 battles with friends online. I don't play strangers though or go for rankings/random games like some people do, just play with my friends.

Kthurmus23
02-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Since I hear tht they arnt coming out with a MVP 06, does anyone know if they will continue to update the rosters?

aboome
02-16-2006, 10:35 AM
if u r a mvp fan you must buy MVP NCAA 06 its a great game its a must have for baseball fans the controlls have changed but after u get used to it u will love it ign.com gave it a 8.5 which is real good for a video baseball game it is more real know because they have this thing called load and fire, its when u use the right anolog stick to pick up ur front leg to power up(by pressing down on the right anolog) ur swing and then swinging by pressing up on the stick the game is sick and i am hooked online my record is 8-16 but i gettin the hang of it . if someone has this game hit me up at dolfinsly

aboome
02-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Since I hear tht they arnt coming out with a MVP 06, does anyone know if they will continue to update the rosters?

i just read on one of the ea's message boards that ea will stop updateing the rosters because the do not own the rights(989 sports does) to mlb or the mlbpa so after spring training i think they are goin to stop i look for the link but couldnt find anything maybe if u email 989sports the well tell u

Ray Finkle
02-16-2006, 12:26 PM

Right now there is a new roster update with rosters being up to date as of December 16, 2005.