PDA

View Full Version : Speed up?

SR 7
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey guys.

I was checking up the secondary of our team on madden, yes MADDEN so i can get an idea of how the speed is on our team as it seems soo darn slow compared to how it was back in the 2000-2003 yrs when ppl couldn't run on us or catch due to our team speed and when I was checking I noticed our secondary is extremely slow other then Sam Madison but he isn't the quickest guy either and we are no where near the good teams when it comes to speed. Now away from madden and down to real life, it is said that Saban is looking to improve the secondary by adding some speed (ala Patriots 2 yrs ago). I would love to pick up a Simpson/bing/huff for our D in rd 1 ONLY if we have another 29th pick via Den and pick up Lawson there. Blue is another speed demon projected to go in RD 2 but not sure how his cover skills are but his tackling and hitting is up near the good ones. I also notcied our secondary is HORRIBLE, i repeat, HORRIBLE at tackling. Lance is decent and so is Daniels. I wouldn't mind addressing the needs through the FA but I'd rather build through the draft in the KEY positions in this game. Does anyone know the speed of simpson or bing? anyways, back to the team. Issue is tho, I'd rather make a move for a Leinart or young but then again want these great players as well. I know, many wont agree with the top 3 pick but I HIGHLY doubt we will come across a franchise qb or anyone in the next 5 yrs (excluding Quinn) so might as well jump on the once in a very darn long time opportunity. What do you guys think? Personally, I'm getting drained out trying to figure out all these different scenarios. I can't IMAGINE what Coaches and GM go through. :wall:

PS: Mods, I wasn't sure if this was suppose to be in the draft, FA, or this section b/c I kind of hit all 3 topics at the same time so I hope I chose the right section. thanks! sorry if it is wrong btw.

duss12
02-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey guys.

I was checking up the secondary of our team on madden, yes MADDEN so i can get an idea of how the speed is on our team as it seems soo darn slow compared to how it was back in the 2000-2003 yrs when ppl couldn't run on us or catch due to our team speed and when I was checking I noticed our secondary is extremely slow other then Sam Madison but he isn't the quickest guy either and we are no where near the good teams when it comes to speed. Now away from madden and down to real life, it is said that Saban is looking to improve the secondary by adding some speed (ala Patriots 2 yrs ago). I would love to pick up a Simpson/bing/huff for our D in rd 1 ONLY if we have another 29th pick via Den and pick up Lawson there. Blue is another speed demon projected to go in RD 2 but not sure how his cover skills are but his tackling and hitting is up near the good ones. I also notcied our secondary is HORRIBLE, i repeat, HORRIBLE at tackling. Lance is decent and so is Daniels. I wouldn't mind addressing the needs through the FA but I'd rather build through the draft in the KEY positions in this game. Does anyone know the speed of simpson or bing? anyways, back to the team. Issue is tho, I'd rather make a move for a Leinart or young but then again want these great players as well. I know, many wont agree with the top 3 pick but I HIGHLY doubt we will come across a franchise qb or anyone in the next 5 yrs (excluding Quinn) so might as well jump on the once in a very darn long time opportunity. What do you guys think? Personally, I'm getting drained out trying to figure out all these different scenarios. I can't IMAGINE what Coaches and GM go through. :wall:

PS: Mods, I wasn't sure if this was suppose to be in the draft, FA, or this section b/c I kind of hit all 3 topics at the same time so I hope I chose the right section. thanks! sorry if it is wrong btw.

1- Madden is a game
2- We had a jimmy jonhson D built on speed, Saban is building it on toughness and agression

Bjorn
02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey guys.

Saban's defense is more zone coverage and speed isn't as important in coverage as it is when you play man coverage.

SR 7
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
1- Madden is a game
2- We had a jimmy jonhson D built on speed, Saban is building it on toughness and agression

I said i used madden to get an idea for one.
and Two he did say he wants to get some speed as our teams speed on defense is ridiculous. I do believe we need a lot of speed tho.

Phins28
02-02-2006, 09:40 PM
I said i used madden to get an idea for one.
and Two he did say he wants to get some speed as our teams speed on defense is ridiculous. I do believe we need a lot of speed tho.

In Saban's scheme speed is not a factor, he plays more zone than man coverage.

Geforce
02-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Speed is always a factor, whether you play man-to-man or zone, as the Dolphins Defenses of the pre Jimmy Johnson era proved.

SR 7
02-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Speed is always a factor, whether you play man-to-man or zone, as the Dolphins Defenses of the pre Jimmy Johnson era proved.

exactly. No matter what, speed is a factor in the nfl for one and two saban wouldn't want to address that issue if it wa'nst a factor.

Coral Reefer
02-02-2006, 10:25 PM
1- Madden is a game

Madden is a scouting tool, did'nt you know?
Who needs the combine anyway!

Why don't we just give Mueller and Saban a joystick and a copy of NCAA Football 2006! :lol: