PDA

View Full Version : $$$$$ Fantasy Baseball League

MikeO
02-03-2006, 02:54 PM
A lot of die-hard baseball fans here.

How many people would be interested in playing in a CBS Sportsline FANTASY BASEBALL League for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

A serious league, I mean we each put like $50 or $100 (or whatever price we agree on). Have payouts for 1st and 2nd place or can just do winner take all. Whatever, we decide. We can have AJ or MUCK hold the money in a pay pal account or something for everyone, so there is no monkey business with that.

If interested I can set everything up. Email me at PhinZone@aol.com if you would be interested in such a league.

No more than 10 or 12 teams so first come first serve I say. Post your thoughts, wha kind of rules you would like, how much money we should all kick in...etc here in this thread. IF you want to play, EMAIL me!

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I want in no doubt.. It would be nice to get all the regulars of the Other Sports Baseball discussions to get in.. Would be great fun all year.. Email sent.

MikeO
02-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I want in no doubt.. It would be nice to get all the regulars of the Other Sports Baseball discussions to get in.. Would be great fun all year.. Email sent.

The main question is how much are people willing to put up.

Perfect world, we all put up $100. Get like a $1,000 pot or $1,200 pot. Take whatever off the top that CBS charges to run the league then have a $600, $300, $200 payout for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

If everyone can't do $100 then maybe $50 or $75 and we can adjust the numbers accordingly. I can hold the money. Or AJ or Muck can. I have run numerous leagues like this when I was doing PhinZone so it wouldn't be a problem for me. But whatever EVERYONE is comftorable with.

MikeO
02-03-2006, 03:20 PM

I haven't got the email. Re-send it.

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 03:21 PM
The main question is how much are people willing to put up.

Perfect world, we all put up $100. Get like a $1,000 pot or $1,200 pot. Take whatever off the top that CBS charges to run the league then have a $600, $300, $200 payout for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

If everyone can't do $100 then maybe $50 or $75 and we can adjust the numbers accordingly. I can hold the money. Or AJ or Muck can. I have run numerous leagues like this when I was doing PhinZone so it wouldn't be a problem for me. But whatever EVERYONE is comftorable with.

No problems here, I love fantasy baseball.. CBS has the best also.. I would love to get 12 solid owners, 10 is to little in my opinion..

NJFINSFAN1
02-03-2006, 03:22 PM
PM's are not working right, you only send blanks just for your info. Don't know if it does it everytime.

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 03:22 PM
I haven't got the email. Re-send it.

Done..

UCFinfan86
02-03-2006, 06:25 PM
id liek to get in a league that is just for fun no money, i cant afford 50 or 100. Now 25 i can do, but for you guys a 200$ pot wouldnt be anything

Rocky Raccoon
02-03-2006, 07:08 PM
A lot of die-hard baseball fans here.

How many people would be interested in playing in a CBS Sportsline FANTASY BASEBALL League for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

A serious league, I mean we each put like $50 or $100 (or whatever price we agree on). Have payouts for 1st and 2nd place or can just do winner take all. Whatever, we decide. We can have AJ or MUCK hold the money in a pay pal account or something for everyone, so there is no monkey business with that.

If interested I can set everything up. Email me at PhinZone@aol.com if you would be interested in such a league.

No more than 10 or 12 teams so first come first serve I say. Post your thoughts, wha kind of rules you would like, how much money we should all kick in...etc here in this thread. IF you want to play, EMAIL me!

I sent you an email!

MikeO
02-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I got 2 people willing to pay $50 and 1 willing to pay $100.

Early trend looks like a $50 entry fee (but that could change).

FIN-IN-RI
02-04-2006, 10:16 AM
the **** i will.. i got screwed last year

ill throw in a 20 spot :chuckle:

MikeO
02-04-2006, 10:51 AM
the **** i will.. i got screwed last year

ill throw in a 20 spot :chuckle:

?????????????????????????

unifiedtheory
02-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Mark me down as a maybe. :D

MikeO
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Mark me down as a maybe. :D

email me at PhinZone@aol.com

First come, First serve through EMAIL is the way I will take people.

Need at least 10, 12 would be the max.

MikeO
02-05-2006, 02:53 PM
OK, its been a couple days. Some of you "BASEBALL EXPERTS" (and I use that term loosley) talk more junk here year around bragging about your baseball expertise! Now your not gonna sign up and play in this league????

WHATS UP WITH DAT???

Put up your $50, and put your money where your mouth is!!!!

Im not gonna call anyone out by name...yet!!!!!! But I better get an email or two from a couple of you!!

FaninPatsyLand
02-05-2006, 03:07 PM
OK, its been a couple days. Some of you "BASEBALL EXPERTS" (and I use that term loosley) talk more junk here year around bragging about your baseball expertise! Now your not gonna sign up and play in this league????

WHATS UP WITH DAT???

Im not gonna call anyone out by name...yet!!!!!! But I better get an email or two from a couple of you!!

You sound like such a little girl... you don't know anyone's situation. There's alot of people, me personally and I'm sure that I'm not alone, that can do more productive things with that 50 or 100 bucks then shutting you up.

Cry me a river.. :boohoo:

MikeO
02-05-2006, 03:13 PM
You sound like such a little girl... you don't know anyone's situation. There's alot of people, me personally and I'm sure that I'm not alone, that can do more productive things with that 50 or 100 bucks then shutting you up.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't have $50 to spend! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh. If you don't have $50 for a fantasy baseball league and with all the time you spend here online, then maybe its time to get a job!

And if your such a baseball expert you could turn that $50 into $500 or so easily by just winning the league! That is just good business!

Im not crying, just pointing out once again a few people here talk the talk, but when its time to WALK THE WALK or put up money to back up their talk.........they put their tails between their legs ONCE AGAIN!

Your probably the type that signs up for the league, doesn't send their entry fee money till September. Then when they win, they get all upset when the money isn't sent to them the day after the season!

FaninPatsyLand
02-05-2006, 03:14 PM
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't have $50 to spend! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh. If you don't have $50 for a fantasy baseball league and with all the time you spend here online, then maybe its time to get a job!

And if your such a baseball expert you could turn that $50 into $500 or so easily by just winning the league! That is just good business!

Im not crying, just pointing out once again a few people here talk the talk, but when its time to WALK THE WALK or put up money to back up their talk.........they put their tails between their legs ONCE AGAIN!

Whatever MikeO, enjoy your 6 person fantasy league. :lol:

MikeO
02-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Whatever MikeO, enjoy your 6 person fantasy league. :lol:

Already got more than 6 thank you very much. You are the spoiled sport I was talking about who hasn't signed up!
:rolleyes2

Rocky Raccoon
02-05-2006, 03:31 PM

dude chill out...he's just trying to have a little fun with fantasy baseball and the great people of Finheaven. If you don't want to play then don't. No need to get like that.

MikeO
02-05-2006, 03:35 PM
dude chill out...he's just trying to have a little fun with fantasy baseball and the great people of Finheaven. If you don't want to play then don't. No need to get like that.

Par for the course with him. Big Talker......nothing to back it up!

Rocky Raccoon
02-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Par for the course with him. Big Talker......nothing to back it up!
ahhh...people just overreact to things, but whatever.

so how many people you got so far Mike?

GreenMonster
02-05-2006, 03:36 PM

WHATS UP WITH DAT???

Out of curiousity would you be considered a MLB, NFL, and NBA expert. I just want to know the length of your expertise so I can verse myself in some of these sports.. :lol:

MikeO
02-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Out of curiousity would you be considered a MLB, NFL, and NBA expert. I just want to know the length of your expertise so I can verse myself in some of these sports.. :lol:

I don't consider myself an expert in anything. But SOME people go around here claiming this and claiming that.But they (or he) shall remain nameless!:cooldude:

MikeO
02-05-2006, 03:41 PM
ahhh...people just overreact to things, but whatever.

so how many people you got so far Mike?

Waiting to hear back from a couple people, but we will have enough. Just a matter of how many we want in the league.

I will then register the league with CBS. We can have a 2 week period where people can register with CBS if they aren't already, and send in their entry fee money. Then we can start talking draft times and such.

Rocky Raccoon
02-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Waiting to hear back from a couple people, but we will have enough. Just a matter of how many we want in the league.

I will then register the league with CBS. We can have a 2 week period where people can register with CBS if they aren't already, and send in their entry fee money. Then we can start talking draft times and such.
sounds good to me...I figure 12 people would be good.

GreenMonster
02-05-2006, 03:45 PM

I need some time to sort out what 2 leagues I will be in this year. I am always in too many, and I would like to get into 2 that really matter. Nothing worse than a dead league, with owners that won't respond to trades and other league matters. A league with 12 hardcore fantasy baseball owners, that frequent the boards and their team are the best leagues.. I will try to settle for nothing less this year.. Football under this system for me worked well this year, even though I took 4th...:fire:

MikeO
02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
sounds good to me...I figure 12 people would be good.

Well I was thinking of a ROTO league. Therefore, it doens't matter if we have an even or odd number. And if someone backs out last minute, its no big deal.

MikeO
02-05-2006, 03:46 PM
I need some time to sort out what 2 leagues I will be in this year. I am always in too many, and I would like to get into 2 that really matter. Nothing worse than a dead league, with owners that won't respond to trades and other league matters. A league with 12 hardcore fantasy baseball owners, that frequent the boards and their team are the best leagues.. I will try to settle for nothing less this year.. Football under this system for me worked well this year, even though I took 4th...:fire:

I think this league will be active. 1) Everyone (or almost everyone) will be from this board. So, we can have fun and rag on each other. Nobody wants to finish last and hear it for 365!!

2) Everyone is putting up $50 and the cash prize will be worthwhile. Which means there is no reason for anyone to quit. Also if we have payouts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd......then even if somoene has no shot for 1st place, they can still stay active and shoot for 3rd or something and get back some money

Rocky Raccoon
02-05-2006, 03:46 PM

I know what you mean man...if the league isn't interesting, there just isnt a point in playing. I hope the people that are participating in this league are intrigued and willing....but with money on the line, they should be.

Rocky Raccoon
02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Well I was thinking of a ROTO league. Therefore, it doens't matter if we have an even or odd number. And if someone backs out last minute, its no big deal.

I actaullt LOVE the roto leagues more then head to head...if you can do it like that, I say go for it.

djfresh47
02-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Who is the list of people in so far? Mike O, I sent ya an email, and am down for whatever, so I don't care. Really, I know the Red Sox nation and Yankees fans are huge through out, it's just good fun let's get it going. Regardless, maybe 50$ is alot for some which I understand, but I think anyone out of high school can afford that.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm in if there's any room left!

MikeO
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm in if there's any room left!

Email me at PhinZone@aol.com

There is still room

FinsNYanksFan13
02-06-2006, 11:14 AM
As soon as I leave school I'll e-mail u. Should be home around 2 so I'll hit u up then!