PDA

View Full Version : Guns at Schools

ILPhinFan88
02-03-2006, 06:45 PM
My daughter is an 8th grader at a school in a small southern Illinois town of 9,000. Today her school went on lockdown because a student brought a gun to school to shoot kids that made him mad. Luckily he told some other students what he was gonna do the day before and the cops were at the school waiting on him. I still can't believe kids are willing to just shoot other kids because they made them mad. This is a really scary time we live in when you have to worry about your kids getting shoot at school.

UltraDol-Fan
02-03-2006, 06:52 PM
woah, glad to hear the cops were waiting on him. It is pretty ridiculous when kids can get their hands on guns that easily. The parents definitely need to be held partially responsible for this.

Rocky Raccoon
02-03-2006, 06:53 PM
My daughter is an 8th grader at a school in a small southern Illinois town of 9,000. Today her school went on lockdown because a student brought a gun to school to shoot kids that made him mad. Luckily he told some other students what he was gonna do the day before and the cops were at the school waiting on him. I still can't believe kids are willing to just shoot other kids because they made them mad. This is a really scary time we live in when you have to worry about your kids getting shoot at school.
I totally agree. When I was in HS and these stories popped up all over America...I had anxiety about going to school some times. This world is unbelievably rediculous these days...you just never know what may happen. :shakeno:

Rocky Raccoon
02-03-2006, 06:55 PM
woah, glad to hear the cops were waiting on him. It is pretty ridiculous when kids can get their hands on guns that easily. The parents definitely need to be held partially responsible for this.
honestly...and I know this may be a long shot, but I wish the would ban guns from regular citizens...make them impossible to get.

Jt0323
02-03-2006, 06:55 PM
their was a girl in my school last year who had a hit list and was planing on killing people on it, its shocking to see how kids can get that easy of an axcess of a gun

Rocky Raccoon
02-03-2006, 06:57 PM
their was a girl in my school last year who had a hit list and was planing on killing people on it, its shocking to see how kids can get that easy of an axcess of a gun
In 8th grade I had a kid in my class come to school with a hit list and a knife...he was really depressed and angry. He worked hard to get his life back together after that day and did a great job. He fixed a lot of his problems. But almost one year ago to this day, he overdosed on drugs at 18.

PassRush
02-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Its a real shame. I was one of those "angry" kids in middle and early highschool but I would never dream of taking it to that level. Where the hell are the parents while all of this is going on. I think the parent of this child should be charged with neglect and allowing an 8th grader access to a firearm. When I got that angry I lifted weights and put in alot of time in at the local boxing gym to take my mind off of things. Without even knowing it that made me less of a target. When the bullies disregarded my size they quickly learned to adhere to their self preservation instinct.

By the way, if you are pissed off to the point of murder dont you think these kids would be upset enough to remember the names without making a list?

TheAnswer385
02-03-2006, 08:02 PM
The school i went to had those hit lists all the time and kids were caught all the time. IDIOTS!!

HansMojo
02-03-2006, 08:09 PM
My daughter is an 8th grader at a school in a small southern Illinois town of 9,000. Today her school went on lockdown because a student brought a gun to school to shoot kids that made him mad. Luckily he told some other students what he was gonna do the day before and the cops were at the school waiting on him. I still can't believe kids are willing to just shoot other kids because they made them mad. This is a really scary time we live in when you have to worry about your kids getting shoot at school.Wow man. Thank God the cops were there. Glad your daughter is ok.

backpacker
02-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Stabbings have happened every year for the past 3 or 4 years at my school, but one hasn't happened so far this year. By the looks of it, security is doing a much better job.

mor911
02-03-2006, 08:24 PM
At the expense of possible sounding inconsiderate, I need to express something.

The Mor grew up in a really s**ty neighbor hood in Miami. My school had metal detectors, and teams that randomly swept classes to look for weapons. It wasn't uncommon for stabbings and shootings to happen at or around school. Nobody really gave a crap.

When kids go and shoot up a nice neighborhood in the suburbs, it makes national headlines.

I am not saying what happened at your kids school was ok, because it wasn't. I'm mearly pointing out that we've been living in this time where you have to worry about getting shot at school for quit a while now. My school at least.

Rocky Raccoon
02-03-2006, 08:29 PM
At the expense of possible sounding inconsiderate, I need to express something.

The Mor grew up in a really s**ty neighbor hood in Miami. My school had metal detectors, and teams that randomly swept classes to look for weapons. It wasn't uncommon for stabbings and shootings to happen at or around school. Nobody really gave a crap.

When kids go and shoot up a nice neighborhood in the suburbs, it makes national headlines.

I am not saying what happened at your kids school was ok, because it wasn't. I'm mearly pointing out that we've been living in this time where you have to worry about getting shot at school for quit a while now. My school at least.
suburbs or not...you just don't know what can happen anymore, anywhere, at anytime...its a shame.