PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Man

Celtkin
02-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Grizzly Man is set to air on Discovery Channel at 8:00 PM Eastern Time. It is the true account of Timothy Treadwell who was killed by a Grizzly bear while documenting their behavior

SCall13
02-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Awesome. I wanted to see it when it hit theatres but it didn't play in my area. I heard it was really good. I missed the better part of it tonight. I'm planning on buying the DVD, though. Have you seen it?

Celtkin
02-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm watching it now. It should be repeated in the next few days on Discovery channel.

I will say one thing; The subject of the movie is a freaky guy who starts the show by saying he will never get eaten by a bear. As the movie progresses, he seems to get further and further from his grasp on reality.

He also spends several moments trying to convince the audience that he is not gay. It's kinda funny, actually

Ultimately, he gets eaten (literally) by a Grizzly and his girlfriend is also eaten

Celtkin
02-03-2006, 10:41 PM
There is a scene where the guy playing with bear crap and an earlier scene where he 'loves' a bee that he thinks has died while collecting pollen...but then the bee moves...maybe it was just sleeping

This guy is hyper strange

Nappy Roots
02-03-2006, 11:22 PM
is this the real docamentary or a movie about it?

Celtkin
02-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Actual footage throughout. There is an encore performance starting now on Discovery Channel. It is a fantastic documentary and not a depiction or portryal. They don't show his death but you know he dies in the end. What is most fantastic is to watch this guy go from being mostly together to completely insane

Watch it if you can

Noodle Arm
02-04-2006, 01:51 AM
It was a wise choice not to play the audio recording of their death in the film (he left the lens cap on so there is no video...just audio). Great movie, why it was not nominated for best documentary at the Oscars is ridiculous.

ABrownLamp
02-04-2006, 03:03 AM
What I dont understand is how he "protected" the bears. WTF was he doing out there? Why did he keep repeating that he protected them?

What a nutjob. What did he expect by hanging out with a bear that was desperately swimming to the bottom of a river to get a salmon carcass? IT'S HUNGRY STUPID!!!! ITS REALLY F'N HUNGRY!!!

ih8brady
02-04-2006, 03:11 AM
What I dont understand is how he "protected" the bears. WTF was he doing out there? Why did he keep repeating that he protected them?

What a nutjob. What did he expect by hanging out with a bear that was desperately swimming to the bottom of a river to get a salmon carcass? IT'S HUNGRY STUPID!!!! ITS REALLY F'N HUNGRY!!!

lol, yeah he probably hurt the bears b/c some of them may have grown familiar with ppl and they might approach ppl in camping areas or whathaveyou and get shot.

Celtkin
02-04-2006, 11:40 AM
It was a wise choice not to play the audio recording of their death in the film (he left the lens cap on so there is no video...just audio). Great movie, why it was not nominated for best documentary at the Oscars is ridiculous.

I agree 100%. That was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

Buddwalk
02-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Dont ever have time on the weekend but i'll make sure i tivo it cause i wanted to see it when i first saw the trailer :wink:

Deadish
02-04-2006, 12:06 PM
It was awesome. The guy beat drugs and alcohol by devoting his life to those bears....that's how much passion he had for them. He was definately a little crazy and his friends say he was the poorest person they knew, but, this wacky guy didn't shoot up a school or kill a family by driving drunk, he had a sole purpose and he lived for it. Whatever his motivations or his mental instability, he truly believed that this was what he was put on this earth for, and he was doing it. We should all be so lucky.

That being said, I wonder how much of his "bravery" was simply him not caring about living any more. With all the things he said about women and his relationship with them and judging by his personality, he was probably having a severe sexual indentity crisis. Living (and dying) with the bears was probably better in his mind than living as a homosexual.

In the follow up they said that there were no bears poached in the Grizzly Maze in the 13 years he was out there and there were 6 poached the first year after his death. I'd say he did some good for them.

Celtkin
02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Dont ever have time on the weekend but i'll make sure i tivo it cause i wanted to see it when i first saw the trailer :wink:

It's well worth the time to watch it.

Roman529
02-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I saw it last night....unfortunately it sounded like this guy had some major issues. I think it is great he loved these bears but it seems like he was looking to die....he was an alcoholic who didn't seem to be able to deal with people and the real world. The scenery and the bears, fox and wildlife was nice to see, though.

NJFINSFAN1
02-04-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm going to watch it tonight!

Celtkin
02-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm going to watch it tonight!

Yep, it's on right now

DwayneWade
02-05-2006, 01:35 PM
It'll be cool if someone did that with tigers in Asia... Bengal man

Nappy Roots
02-05-2006, 01:50 PM
man i watched this last night. it was interesting definitly.

NJFINSFAN1
02-05-2006, 02:51 PM
man i watched this last night. it was interesting definitly.

That guy had some issues. But it was a good doc!