PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Would you buy a jersey from this guy?

Majpain
01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
this is my 2nd Dolphin jersey.1st one was a Dan Marino but its to little for me : (.This is what the jersey looks like http://cgi.ebay.com/RONNIE-BROWN-DOLPHINS-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-JERSEY-50_W0QQitemZ8754695431QQcategoryZ24948QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I got it for 50 :)
I hope its not fake though :fire:.What jerseys do you have.:dolphins:

Puffboy(ricky)
01-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Tony Nathan, Keith Jackson and Dan Marino

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-25-2006, 04:04 PM
There I am going to try now because of you.

I have Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor

Rocky Raccoon
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
this is my 2nd Dolphin jersey.1st one was a Dan Marino but its to little for me : (.This is what the jersey looks like http://cgi.ebay.com/RONNIE-BROWN-DOLPHINS-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-JERSEY-50_W0QQitemZ8754695431QQcategoryZ24948QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hate to be the one to have to tell you this...but it is fake. Look at the "BROWN" on this official one from the official NFL site

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

and look at the one on EBay...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/01/62_1_sblJPG-1.jpg

but for 50 bucks its still a good deal

Majpain
01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Well its still better than paying 70 :P or 250.But now I'm going give him neg rep.

HysterikiLL
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, that think looks sketchy, but for 50 I would still think that's pretty good if the materials are the same.

I have a JT authentic orange and a ZT replica aqua

Rocky Raccoon
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Well its still better than paying 70 :P or 250.But now I'm going give him neg rep.

yea man its def a good deal...no doubt about that

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-25-2006, 04:12 PM
aww crap you are right. now I am going to be out 50 bucks thanks to you

ILPhinFan88
01-25-2006, 04:13 PM
I got mine last week, see my daughter wearing it below.

Dolphins8423
01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
I wish they didn't cost so d*** much :yell: . I have the money but i'm trying to save for a car so I can't spend that much.

arsenal
01-25-2006, 04:16 PM
im mr. replica jersey man, haha... thats all i get, except my pitt panthers marino jersey, thats authentic... but i have a ronnie brown, pat surtain :(, chris chambers, then the two mistakes... david boston (but its cause it was real cheap after last season), aaaaaaaaaaaaand everyones favorite 2nd round pick............... eddie moore :lol:

UltraDol-Fan
01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
dude, there is no such thing as a "fake" jersey. It's a piece of clothing. It is exaclty what it is, a sweet a$$ Dolphins jersey.

greatwade
01-25-2006, 04:17 PM

That is awesome - nice to see good folks raising there kids the RIGHT way in this day & age. Sir, I salute you. :dolphins:

Majpain
01-25-2006, 04:18 PM

Yaa I see it :shakeno:.I'm a lone dolphin fan in my whole family :(.

aww crap you are right. now I am going to be out 50 bucks thanks to you

LOL oh man too funny.

TexPhinPhan
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Not to nit pick the guy but he said authentic Jersey. He may of gotten blank jerseys and had names and numbers put on afterword, explaining why they look different.

I am with you. 70 bucks for a good looking fake sounds better than 250 for the real thing. Hell I can buy enough beer for $180 bucks that I will forget the jersey is fake. And after drinking that much beer I probably will be happy I didn't spend that much cash on my new, soiled, jersey.

Texphinphan

AquaInferno
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
dude, there is no such thing as a "fake" jersey. It's a piece of clothing. It is exaclty what it is, a sweet a$$ Dolphins jersey.

What do you mean no such thing as a fake jersey? Like there's no such thin as fake Nikes? Yeah ok.. This 40th logo has clock hands on it. I don't trust the clock hand 40th jerseys.

mbsinmisc
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Did any of you guys see that special on HBO about fake memorabilia? It was incredible. According to the reporter 90% of all merchandise sold (even with certificates of authenticity) are fakes. They had marino on picking out real and forged items.

That is still a nice jersey, it just sucks they lie about authenticity.

Dolphins8423
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM

I'm with you, my whole family is Panther fans.

Majpain
01-25-2006, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Phinfan99]Yaa I see it :shakeno:.I'm a lone dolphin fan in my whole family :(.[QUOTE]

I'm with you, my whole family is Panther fans.

It doesn't matter they are viking fans :sidelol:

IronChef
01-25-2006, 04:29 PM
nice

AquaInferno
01-25-2006, 04:29 PM

This is from miamidolphins.com it's replica but notice the patch, there is no reason the authentics REAL would use a different patch. The patch without clock hands. Ask yourself this "Why in the HELL would clock hands be on a patch that is legit?" I'd never ebay a jersey cause of suspect sellers and unknowing buyers giving those suspect sellers good feedback to make them look like honest guys.

PhinzN703
01-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I'd rather buy a replica. Even they are very expensive, but I'll never pay over 100.00 for a jersey. They arent that special to me anyway, not in my eyes

Protocol
01-25-2006, 04:37 PM
That jersey is not fake. Your comparing 2 different jerseys when your looking at the one of the NFL site. The one on the NFL site is the real authentic jersey that costs $250. The one that you bought is the new jerseys Reebok is making now where all the numbers and everything is stitched on but the material is different. They are meant to have the look of an authentic jersey with the stiched on numbers and also to be able to wear it comfortably. Its not as thick and heavy material like the authentic ones. I dont know if u have an authentic jersey but they arent comfortable to wear. The one u got retails for like $125. So is it fake....no. Did the guy lie to you about it being authentic and retailing for $250....yes.

AquaInferno
01-25-2006, 04:42 PM
That jersey is not fake. Your comparing 2 different jerseys when your looking at the one of the NFL site. The one on the NFL site is the real authentic jersey that costs $250. The one that you bought is the new jerseys Reebok is making now where all the numbers and everything is stitched on but the material is different. They are meant to have the look of an authentic jersey with the stiched on numbers and also to be able to wear it comfortably. Its not as thick and heavy material like the authentic ones. I dont know if u have an authentic jersey but they arent comfortable to wear. The one u got retails for like $125. So is it fake....no. Did the guy lie to you about it being authentic and retailing for $250....yes.

Even REPLENTHIC, the ones you're talkin about (Not so new, been around since this season started) not only were they on Miami's official shop but they wouldn't have clock hands on the 40 patch.
I wish people knew their NFL apparel :fire:

UltraDol-Fan
01-25-2006, 04:44 PM
What do you mean no such thing as a fake jersey? Like there's no such thin as fake Nikes? Yeah ok.. This 40th logo has clock hands on it. I don't trust the clock hand 40th jerseys.

ok,ok. what I meant was...the only thing that makes a jersey "fake" is who makes it. It is still a nice jersey. To the normal person they are not going to analyze everything about it. I agree if it has clock hands on the logo it is lame. But I would have no problem buying a "fake" jersey if it looked identical or close to an "authentic" jersey.

Bumpus
01-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Myself ... I just buy the replicas.

Marino (Aqua - old one from late 80's)
Marino (White - HOF)
Z. Thomas (Aqua)
Crowder (Aqua)
Chambers (Aqua)
BUMPUS (White - personalized)
:dolphins:

finfan75
01-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Zach Thomas, Lamar Smith, Dan The Man, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar :sidelol: (got it for 5 bucks)

PassRush
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
All I have are replicas and one authentic

Zach(aqua, auth)
Zach(orange, rep)
JT(Aqua, rep)
Chris Chambers(aqua, rep)
David Boston(aqua, rep)
AJ Feeley(orange, rep)
Marino HOF Throwback
Marino Pitt Throwback
Ricky Williams(orange, rep)
Ronnie Brown(aqua, rep)
and my baby, MATT ROTH(white, rep)

Wishlist, Orange Chambers, Duper Throwback

Scuba Steve 13
01-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Bout time lol:dolphins:

txmedic5
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
i have a Dan Marino jersey, an authentic personalized jersey, a game worn Scott Peterson jersey and one of Trace Armstrongs practice jerseys, althought the numbers are starting to fall apart.

Majpain
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Well its a nice jersey no regrets.Though I wanna get CC,ZT and JT next.

J-Bark
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Very nice jersey. Don't mind the clock hands so much.....do mind the odd sized lettering spelling "BROWN". Still, every bit of 60 some, 70 some was well spent.

I have

Ricky Williams (aqua rep) swore i'd never wear it again...........but have been.
Ronnie Brown (white rep)

Getting a Chambers (rep white) in a few weeks, and whoever we draft with our first pick in the 06 draft.

Want an Authentic, but I may wait to see who our next great QB is before I do that.

TheAnswer385
01-25-2006, 06:36 PM
What do you mean no such thing as a fake jersey? Like there's no such thin as fake Nikes? Yeah ok.. This 40th logo has clock hands on it. I don't trust the clock hand 40th jerseys.you know whats funny i think they got that logo from the same place a guy did on here but the logo was a clock...haha these people must of got that pic and thouight it was suppose to be like that ...lol :lol:

BigSportShop
01-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I've got replica jerseys of Ronnie (aqua), Ricky (orange) and JT (navy).

My full collection of all colors will be complete with my next purchase of an authentic white Marino jersey.

I stumbled upon a black Marino Phins jersey on ebay recently. Its a replica but a very rare item indeed - looks quite cool.

MDFinFan06
01-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Ive got an Authentic teal ricky, authentic teal ronnie, probowl lavaar arrington, authentic red lavaar, replica lamar smith, two replica marinos, one replica yatil green (haha i cant even remember that waste of a draft pick), and one of those new half authetic teal rickys. Im hoping to expand more also i love jerseys

AMfinfan9
01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
I have an aqua Seau and and a marino aqua both replicas

Phantom
01-25-2006, 07:29 PM
I have an authentic Aqua Ricky Williams, Sam Madison White and 2003 Ricky Williams Pro Bowl Jersey.........

FinFan71
01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah I bought a Ronnie Brown jersey last month when I was visiting relatives in southern florida for the holidays. I spent a cool 300 bucks in one week on Dolphins stuff when I was down there. I'm now struggling to pay my rent and cable bill, but it was worth it.
I now own a white Brown, white Chambers, aqua Taylor, orange Ricky and orange Seau for jerseys that I can still wear.

I also have an aqua Marino, Abdull-Jabbar and Keith Jackson but I have sadly outgrown all of those

ruddfan_2810
01-25-2006, 07:57 PM
yea i bought a JT authentic off ebay wit the friggin clock hand on the paatch...i also goa r williams authentic for 30 ....hey id pay 30-70 bucks new wit tags off ebay fins jersey all stitched rather than 80 for a replica......wouldnt u?? they may not be 100% auth. but i like the all stitched jerseys anyways.

ruddfan_2810
01-25-2006, 08:00 PM
i own a JT white all stitched a R williams Aqua all stitched and a Orange,White, and Navy Blue R Williams Replicas....and prolly spent under 200 bucks for all these jerseys off ebay brand new in packages with tags.

JimmyNock
01-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I bought an orange and aqua one from the same place. I got them for $49.99 each, they should be arriving any day now. The way I look at it they have got to be better than the replica ones and they are more expensive.

HelloMotto
01-25-2006, 10:32 PM

This is from miamidolphins.com it's replica but notice the patch, there is no reason the authentics REAL would use a different patch. The patch without clock hands. Ask yourself this "Why in the HELL would clock hands be on a patch that is legit?" I'd never ebay a jersey cause of suspect sellers and unknowing buyers giving those suspect sellers good feedback to make them look like honest guys.

The dreaded clock hands. What is up with those clock hands. I noticed that as soon as the dude posted his pic. It must be some secret code for the hackers. :lol:

popularwar
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Ricky Williams orange
Ronnie Brown aqua
Jason Taylor white/aqua
Dan Marino blue (pitt university)

Perfect23
01-25-2006, 10:48 PM

LOL oh man too funny.

im a lone dolphin fan in my family too.

Dors156
01-25-2006, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Phinfan99]Yaa I see it :shakeno:.I'm a lone dolphin fan in my whole family :(.

im the only to.my whole family is for the ravens:lol:

Troysif
01-25-2006, 11:09 PM
i bought my brown jersey in may

Majpain
01-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I must ask what our clock hands :confused:

s3an8
01-26-2006, 12:37 AM
ya the brown on the back looks kinda wierd but other then that looks lik a good deal...

LtDan
01-26-2006, 01:19 AM
I have 3 "authenic" jersey's I got off E-Bay. I doubt any are actually real but all 3 are sweet jersey's. Though the most I paid was $29 for my JT. Got a marino and a Bob Griese

Majpain
01-26-2006, 02:46 AM
Still don't know what clock hands are.I still think I should have got a CC replica jersey for 30 bucks at JC Penny kinda pissed about that :(

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-03-2006, 10:43 PM
I finally got mine. It is at least two sizes smaller then they claimed. Total rip off

1stDownRBrown
02-03-2006, 11:26 PM
http://stores.ebay.com/REAL-DEAL-SALES

hmm... I just don't know.. the jerseys look real... but why are they SOOO cheap... if they cost at least $100 I'd be more inclined to buy one I think.. but he is selling these as authentics.. they either got to be counterfeits or just...not authentic reeboks... i've talked to dealers and they say they pay like at least $150 for an authentic jersey.

Anyone an expert on this? I want a Ronnie Brown authentic but I just don't know about this guy, he has super high feedback but that could just mean people he sells to are gullible. The only other problem besides my skepticism is he seems to have 52's and 60's but no 54's which is what I need. But I'm sure if this guy's supply is as good as it seems he could hook up a 54.

Nappy Roots
02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Their not real. As people have pointed out already. You can just look at the name on the back and tell their fakes.

finfan62
02-03-2006, 11:35 PM
if you look closely to the 40th anniversary patch you'll notice what looks like the hands of a clock, I have been told that this is a dead giveaway for the fact that this is a un-authentic jersey.

Dolfan73
02-03-2006, 11:42 PM
I was duped on ebay. bought a jason taylor jersey...the name on the back looked funny and has the clock like markings on the patch...very disapointed, is this a knockoff or just a replithentic?

Pericles349
02-03-2006, 11:45 PM
I bought three from this dude. I also have an authentic jersey I received from the NFL shop for christmas. These jerseys are pretty much identical EXCEPT for the name and the 40th anniversery patch. Those, you can tell, have been added on "after market". However, if you are dead set on paying $250 more just to have the authentic name and 40th anniversary patch, well, then you shouldn't buy these. If you can live with an authentic jersey but with less than authentic name and patch, then bust out the wallet cause these are the real deal. Note: The name and patch look almost identical the real ones, minus the lettering being a bit smaller and the patch having the clock hands. Other than that I can't tell the difference between my NFL shop one and these. I'm a happy camper... especially after paying only $150 and getting all three colors...

illscriptures
02-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Well my friend... these are not only fakes.. but this guy doesn't seem to know much about the players who are on the jerseys... According to this link in one of his sales... This Jersey is an authentic replica of the Heisman winner himself... Vince Young!!! This guy's stuff isn't real... people get these things made in South Korea for very cheap and sell it expensive here, trust me.. my brother who is Seoul in the Army sent me an "authentic" Marcus Allen Superbowl throwback, an O.J. Simpson USC throwback, and a Kobe Bryant Lower Merion High School Jersey... They look very authentic with all the tags and stitchings where they need to be but they're not... I don't care that they're not real cause I'm broke and I need some kind of self distraction from that, but if you really want the authentic Ronnie Brown save up cause it feels way better having the real thing than the thing that looks real fake. LOL. Yes One Whole Sentence.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINCE-YOUNG-TEXAS-AUTHENTIC-NIKE-JERSEY-48_W0QQitemZ8759919756QQcategoryZ24948QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

HysterikiLL
02-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Here's my opinion: They're not authentic Reebok jerseys, but they still look pretty damn cool for 100 dollars. I'd rather buy that than a replica for just a little bit cheaper.

If you want an authentic, it's best to put out the big dollars and buy a real one, but if you want a good looking jersey, that seems alright. The only suspect thing would be the materials, since the guy is already untrustworthy in that he's saying they're real.

Can't anyone contact the NFL/Reebok and get guys like these thrown on their *****?

Rocky Raccoon
02-04-2006, 12:01 AM
am I the only one who thinks replicas are more comfortable than authentics? I know its slightly off topic......slightly.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-04-2006, 12:02 AM
I bought the jersey. It was two sizes smaller than he said it was. I was ripped off.

I am actually the guy you just e-mailed about this subject. It is totally fake. I wouldn't suggest it.

fins5423
02-04-2006, 12:16 AM

Congrats man!

I have a Marino Jersey and a Ricky Williams jersey that i am embarassed to wear now.

I have a peice of jersey that Chris Chambers worn and a peice of jersey that Ricky Williams worn, they are both on a football card its pretty cool though

themole
02-04-2006, 12:39 AM

Considering the thread tile, I would hope you have a Chambers jersey.:D

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I would also like to state that this seller has tried to bully me into withdrawing my critism by posting that

Negative feedback rating BLK HIS BIDS!!!JUST A FRAUD*WILL RIP U OFF*NOT WORTH YR TIME & $$*JUST A JOKE!!!

When I paid right away and only got mad when I didn't get what I wanted.

Rocky Raccoon
02-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Considering the thread tile, I would hope you have a Chambers jersey.:D

:sidelol: I thought the same thing when I first read the title.

themole
02-04-2006, 12:52 AM
:sidelol: I thought the same thing when I first read the title.

:D

SwimminInIndy
02-04-2006, 12:58 AM
yeah i get all replicas too. oh well, they still look good. i have aqua-chambers, seau, marino. white-williams. orange-brown, taylor. blue-williams. the next one will definatly be white, since thats pretty much all they wear.

The_Phish
02-04-2006, 12:58 AM
The "4"'s on the ZACH THOMAS jerseys are all wrong my friend! They have a teed off bottom on the number 4 and Miami uses single line numbers like Denver.

Fins05:NewHope
02-04-2006, 01:06 AM
The "4"'s on the ZACH THOMAS jerseys are all wrong my friend! They have a teed off bottom on the number 4 and Miami uses single line numbers like Denver.

You nailed it right on the head....and I have the proof....

http://www.footballfanatics.com/?team=16&dept=1402&source=EML05NFLwarrior0930H&partner_id=2352

Look at the number "4"....not the same

darkmistress
02-04-2006, 01:10 AM
what's the diff? a replica jersey will cost you around $74 brand new... I'd buy it if were cheaper than that.

Nappy Roots
02-04-2006, 02:06 AM
what's the diff? a replica jersey will cost you around $74 brand new... I'd buy it if were cheaper than that.

authentics are stitched together.

im never buyin a replica again, my Zach jersey is peelin on the back, cant really wear it anymore.

Roman529
02-04-2006, 02:37 AM
You usually get what you pay for....these jerseys look pretty nice....the replica ones that are supposed to be authentic often have the clock hands on the 40th Anniv. badge....but I agree that for $50 it is nice jersey. I have one authentic ZT jersey and it tends to be a tighter fit and hotter because they use better material....but I like my two authentics just as much as I don't worry as much about some drunk at the sportsbar spilling his beer and wings on me. :mad:

themole
02-04-2006, 02:41 AM
You usually get what you pay for....these jerseys look pretty nice....the replica ones that are supposed to be authentic often have the clock hands on the 40th Anniv. badge....but I agree that for $50 it is nice jersey. I have one authentic ZT jersey and it tends to be a tighter fit and hotter because they use better material....but I like my two authentics just as much as I don't worry as much about some drunk at the sportsbar spilling his beer and wings on me. :mad:

:lol: Damn Roman, they are designed to withstand more than that.

Jimmy James
02-04-2006, 03:01 AM
I have to call a music foul. Time Has Come Today is only a valid title when you purchase a Chambers jersey.

themole
02-04-2006, 03:06 AM
I have to call a music foul. Time Has Come Today is only a valid title when you purchase a Chambers jersey.

We have you covered on that one JJ.

Jimmy James
02-04-2006, 03:09 AM
We have you covered on that one JJ.

So you do.

Carry on. :)

themole
02-04-2006, 03:12 AM
So you do.

Carry on. :)

:salute:

nevadadolfan
02-04-2006, 04:03 AM
Whats the deal with the clock hands on the aniversary patch!!! I see what all you guys are talking about, but why is it there!!!! It just looks stupid.

saves
02-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Stay away from Ebay jerseys!

Itsdahumidity
02-04-2006, 12:07 PM
i have a Dan Marino jersey, an authentic personalized jersey, a game worn Scott Peterson jersey and one of Trace Armstrongs practice jerseys, althought the numbers are starting to fall apart.

:D I know who you meant so I won't bust ya chops. Did that turd get the death penalty or what?
Anyway, IMO to each his own as far as authentic vs replica jerseys. The jerseys represent the same thing no matter what.

gators910
02-04-2006, 01:45 PM
still a good buy at 50,,

riding_becky
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I actually just bought a home ronnie jersey for 50$ on ebay and its authentic. I love it.

Now I have:

Authentic Ronnie Home
Authentic Marino Away
Authentic Marino Away (Old Uniform)
Replica Marino Home X2
Replica Marino Away
Replica Marino Home (Old Uniform)
Replica Taylor Home
Replica Williams Home
Replica Thomas Away

It's a lot of Marino Jerseys I know. It's because my family knew of my obsession with the dolphins and when christmas came around they wouldn't know what to get me so they just figured a dan jersey would keep me happy.

Next Jersey: Authentic Crowder Home

1stDownRBrown
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Off the jersey topic.. but on the Ebay topic.. I just received a PSP game that was advertised as NEW & SEALED but was neither.. I haven't even gotten my PSP yet (still in mail) so I can't tell if it works or not, the back of the umd disc looks fine so I guess it should work... but I think I should stil get some money back since it was neither new nor sealed.. what should I do? Posting negative feedback isn't going to do anything but upset the seller... maybe I should contact him.. I doubt that does much good.. any ideas?

Peace.

LtDan
02-07-2006, 05:29 AM
I also have an orange Ronnie B. Replica and a Sam madison navy blue replica to go with the 3 I got off E-bay

LtDan
02-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Off the jersey topic.. but on the Ebay topic.. I just received a PSP game that was advertised as NEW & SEALED but was neither.. I haven't even gotten my PSP yet (still in mail) so I can't tell if it works or not, the back of the umd disc looks fine so I guess it should work... but I think I should stil get some money back since it was neither new nor sealed.. what should I do? Posting negative feedback isn't going to do anything but upset the seller... maybe I should contact him.. I doubt that does much good.. any ideas?

Peace.Try contacting them and asking what the deal is. If they don't reply or blow you off, give them a minimum "neutral". Most people I have dealt with on there have answered and been helpful. We had issues with one guy.

Pro-X
03-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I bout 2 jerseys from them Zach and Chambers spent about 45 each, they look dam sweet and comfortable. I sure can live with it. Wife didnt cut my n***z off for spending alot, compared to 250 authentics.

:dolphins: