PDA

View Full Version : My grandma just died

Prime
02-04-2006, 01:45 AM
She was 72. She had a bad heart attack and died five hours later. She had a good life and had alot of friends. She always makes ya feel better and she is always there for you. Everybody liked her and not a soul didn't. She is in a better place now and she is with her husband up in Heaven right now. I'm a little bit shakin, but I will be ok. Mom took it pretty hard, but she is alright I think. For the folks out there who have both of them grandma's and grandpa's, share a moment with them and talk to them often. You never know when it's time for them to go. By the way she was living, she could stil be here in 10-15 more years or so. But she is in a better place and not here on Earth.

Rocky Raccoon
02-04-2006, 01:46 AM
She was 72. She had a bad heart attack and died five hours later. She had a good life and had alot of friends. She always makes ya feel better and she is always there for you. Everybody liked her and not a soul didn't. She is in a better place now and she is with her husband up in Heaven right now. I'm a little bit shakin, but I will be ok. Mom took it pretty hard, but she is alright I think. For the folks out there who have both of them grandma's and grandpa's, share a moment with them and talk to them often. You never know when it's time for them to go.

I'm sorry for your loss Ace...I will keep you and your family in my prayers...stay strong bro!

Jt0323
02-04-2006, 01:47 AM
yeah its a shame that grandparents are limited time with their grand children to begin with, ace i'm sorry to hear this, like i told u before u and ur family are in my thoughts and prayers

d-day
02-04-2006, 01:47 AM
so sorry to hear bro - if you need friends ace, you've defintely come to the right place... :wink: :)

Boone
02-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother...thoughts & prayers to you and your family. :hug:

My step-father just had a pacemaker put in a few days ago....I need to go see him tomorrow...

Nappy Roots
02-04-2006, 01:52 AM
She was 72. She had a bad heart attack and died five hours later. She had a good life and had alot of friends. She always makes ya feel better and she is always there for you. Everybody liked her and not a soul didn't. She is in a better place now and she is with her husband up in Heaven right now. I'm a little bit shakin, but I will be ok. Mom took it pretty hard, but she is alright I think. For the folks out there who have both of them grandma's and grandpa's, share a moment with them and talk to them often. You never know when it's time for them to go. By the way she was living, she could stil be here in 10-15 more years or so. But she is in a better place and not here on Earth.

damn man sorry to hear that. its definitly a tough time to lose someone like this, glad your doin ok as of now.

hopefully everything will be ok for you and your family!

Gonzo
02-04-2006, 01:53 AM

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like she had a big influence in your life. Glad you can be there for your mom. You always have friends here Ace when you need a place to turn.

darkmistress
02-04-2006, 01:55 AM
She was 72. She had a bad heart attack and died five hours later. She had a good life and had alot of friends. She always makes ya feel better and she is always there for you. Everybody liked her and not a soul didn't. She is in a better place now and she is with her husband up in Heaven right now. I'm a little bit shakin, but I will be ok. Mom took it pretty hard, but she is alright I think. For the folks out there who have both of them grandma's and grandpa's, share a moment with them and talk to them often. You never know when it's time for them to go. By the way she was living, she could stil be here in 10-15 more years or so. But she is in a better place and not here on Earth. I'm sorry for your loss Ace. It's never easy to lose a loved one. Take special care of your mum she may need it more than you think. And make sure to take care of yourself too.

Prime
02-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

I will be ok, it's just my mom is who I'm worried about. She has a big heart and very emotional. I just hope that she can pull herself together at the funeral. She did ok at my Papaw's, so maybe she will do fine at this one.

GreenMonster
02-04-2006, 02:04 AM
My grandma is practically my mother, so I know how you feel.. I lived at grandma's house from when I was 5-10 after my mom passed away.. My grandma was in the hospital earlier in the week, and I will be calling here tommrow. Anything you can do to help Mom would be greatly appreciated I am sure..

HansMojo
02-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Dang man, sorry to hear that. I lost my Nana last year and it was rough. Blessing to you and your family.

King Felix
02-04-2006, 02:38 AM

ya man i kno the feelin my gma passed away january 12.......its hard its really hard...

Kobe
02-04-2006, 03:21 AM
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family as well. I went through this when I was 8, and I was close to my grandmother as well.

CalDolFan1014
02-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Sorry to hear about that Ace. But as you said, she's at peace now, bro. She lived a long full life and now she's with the big guy in the sky. Sure she could've lived longer, but just remember the great times you had with her and celebrate her life. I lost my grandpa three years ago to cancer. Yeah, it's tough for a while especially cuz I lost my other grandpa when I was only two, but hey, I'm happy I at least was a part of their lives. You'll see them again bro. Just stay strong and remember, we're here for you bud. God bless, bro. Thoughts and prayers with you and your fam.

ohall
02-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Best wishes Ace.

Pagan
02-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Sorry for your loss Ace....

cnc66
02-04-2006, 08:14 AM
sorry about your loss Ace...72 is relativly young, I'm sorry you didn't get more time with her.

HelenaBucket
02-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Sorry for your loss, Ace. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

FIN-IN-RI
02-04-2006, 10:07 AM
To you and yours Ace: Sorry for your loss.

inFINSible
02-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Sorry about your loss, Ace.

NJFINSFAN1
02-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear Ace.

Buddwalk
02-04-2006, 11:51 AM
sorry bout your loss ace...seems like your grandma was pretty close to you jeesh i feel spoiled now cause i still have like 3 great grand mas still living all in there 90s.

poisonphin
02-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Sorry for your loss man. :(

RWhitney014
02-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Keep your head up, Ace. Be a pillar for your mom.

Fresh
02-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Sad story, but it's nice to see that you're taking it well. Make sure that you take care of your mother though, and I see that's your main concern at the moment. Look at it as celebrating her life of 72 wonderful years, and wish her well as she's in a better place right now. A much better place.

Best wishes, Ace..

Fin Fan in Cali
02-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Sorry for your loss Zach! May she rest in peace bro.

FinsAreLife
02-04-2006, 01:31 PM

im sorry for your loss Ace, i feel your pain, my uncle died about 4-5 years ago and he was very big to me, and he had a very smiliar personality as your grandmother, its tough man

by the way...stick by the shoutbox....ill talk to ya, i havint seen you there in awile, its been spam city there but there still is alot of good convos

Roman529
02-04-2006, 04:31 PM
I lost my grandma last year...she was 92....she was last grandparent I had. You just have to remember the good times, and know she is in a better place in heaven.

dominizzo
02-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear that My Prayers go the family

FinsAreLife
02-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear that My Prayers go the family

:yeahthat:

TJamesW_phinfan
02-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Best wishes and prayers to you and your family. She sounds like she was an amazing woman who left a good and bright mark on her family and friends and I can't think of any better accomplishment in life than that.

anditsgood
02-04-2006, 07:44 PM
sorry to hear about your loss ace. i also lost a loved one this past year and i feel your pain. may god be with you and your family at your time of need.

NaboCane
02-04-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Ace. Know that she really is in a better place and let your faith carry you and your family through this difficult time.

phins17
02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Ace sorry for your loss.

PHINATIC13
02-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandma Ace.Be strong for your parents they'll need you right now.

miamikid92
02-04-2006, 11:21 PM
geez that stinks, sorry to hear it ace :(

Prime
02-04-2006, 11:46 PM
More thanks to everyone who spoke in this thread. I try not to think about it, but it does hurt when you do. My preacher and a few of my family members came up to visit and see how we was doing. It's gonna be hard for us in the next couple of says because her funeral is Tuesday. I think that all of us we start to feel better after Tuesday because the worst part is over with. We are going to my other granny's tomorow because my mom doesn't want to stay home all day and think about her. I know it kills her, but she is getting strong about it. I think that it really hit me and the rest of my family the most today because my mom was getting ready to call her, but then she realized that the phone would keep on ringing and ringing.

King Nate
02-05-2006, 04:19 AM
I just saw this thread, Ace, and I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong brother and hit me up if you need to talk. You'll always be a Piranha but more importantly, a finheaven member.

Prime
02-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Just got the worst part over with and that was the funeral. I really hate them things. Everybody was crying and I almost broke down and started to cry with my mom, but I had to be strong and showed her I wasn't hurting like she was. I think that mom will start being more happy now and my family will move on with a new life. It will be hard on hollidays, but we will manage through.

Buddwalk
02-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Just got the worst part over with and that was the funeral. I really hate them things. Everybody was crying and I almost broke down and started to cry with my mom, but I had to be strong and showed her I wasn't hurting like she was. I think that mom will start being more happy now and my family will move on with a new life. It will be hard on hollidays, but we will manage through.

actually for once i can sympathize with you on this one ace...my aunt killed her self 3 years ago, shot her self right in the head. She was seriously depressed but an awesome lady...anyway its been hard the last couple years cause she killed herself the day before christmas, so on christmas eve we always hold hands and say a prayer for her. Funny thing too cause i was talking to her like a week before it happened and she sounded fine and dandy and then the next minute shes dead. Life comes way too fast

Prime
02-07-2006, 03:56 PM
actually for once i can sympathize with you on this one ace...my aunt killed her self 3 years ago, shot her self right in the head. She was seriously depressed but an awesome lady...anyway its been hard the last couple years cause she killed herself the day before christmas, so on christmas eve we always hold hands and say a prayer for her. Funny thing too cause i was talking to her like a week before it happened and she sounded fine and dandy and then the next minute shes dead. Life comes way too fast

It sure does man. That's why we always got to take the current day as it being our last day.

dol_fan_81
02-07-2006, 03:56 PM
She was 72. She had a bad heart attack and died five hours later. She had a good life and had alot of friends. She always makes ya feel better and she is always there for you....

sorry about that i have lost a grandfather and it sucks. i learned how bad i am at funerals when i went to his. luckily my gran is still here. RIP Ace's gran

Buddwalk
02-07-2006, 04:00 PM
It sure does man. That's why we always got to take the current day as it being our last day.

To me i live life normally i dont try to be too drastic thinking im going to die every single day. There are days when im depressed and nothing can seem to make me happy but i get by them days, i think everybody has days like that. Its just all part of life, living itself is a very stressful thing. I seriously suggest picking up an instrument or playing an organized sport to keep your mind of the bad negative things and your mind back on the good positive things. Like me, I screwed up this year i could of played varsity basketball and started as a soph, but i decided to get into fights and get suspended off the team to a point where i wasnt allowed to try out. Now next year its my goal to start varsity, and i love playing guitar, just finished up writing a song today i'll send to you in a lil bit. I know your skeptical about playing an instrument but noones good right off the bat, it takes lots of time and patience and dedication then you'll see the difference after 6 monthes of playing then a year of playing then 2 years. You'll see how much better you've gotten. Anytime you need to talk though just hit me up on a pm...When i get my cell turned back on early april we'll chat some time on the phone though. I get my license in the summer so i gotta make a road trip down to your house one of these days and we gotta chill. Ok peace for now man, stay positive :wink: