PDA

View Full Version : Jose Cuervo Super Bowl Contest

Agent51
02-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Has anyone else heard of the Jose Cuervo Super Bowl Challenge? Apparently JC is offering 5 MILLION dollars to whatever player comes up with the best TD celebration in this SB, and they are ENCOURAGING one that gets you a penalty. They said they wanna bring back some of the "old school flair" to SB TD celebrations and bpay tribute to the classics since everyone seemed to forget about them. There was a full page add about it in USA today.

I think this is a good and bad idea. I DO think players should be able to celebrate, scoring in the NFL isn't exactly an EASY thing (unless you're matched up against Reggie Howard) so a little celebration is fine by me, as long as it's not this huge thing that completely disrupts the game. However, Jose Cuervo offering 5 million to the player with the best celebration and ENCOURAGING A PENALTY is what I have a problem with. I don't mind them rewarding the best celebration, but for them to encourage a penalty getting celebration is ridiculous. What if some player goes for it and gets the 5 mil but the resulting penalty is game changing and responsibile for his team losing the game? I wanna see the next great celebration as much as the next guy, maybe one that makes me laugh or one that becomes famous like the lambeu (sp?) leap or something, but I think if it's something that hurts the team and the game then it's going to catch a lot of fire, the media will tear it apart. The player will suddenly be selfish and a "me" player and whatever else the media wants to label him. This isn't a regular season game where a win or loss may not matter that much, its the SUPER BOWL. Encouraging individuality in this particular game is a bad move on JC's part. I like the competition, I just don't wanna listen to the media tear it up and all the magazine's/sports shows draw it out for months should the winner's celebration change the outcome of the game.

That being said, I bet Alexander wins it, he always has good TD celebrations and nobody else on eithe rteam strikes me as a celebrator or creative enough to out-do him.

spydertl79
02-06-2006, 12:19 PM
DId anyone get the 5 mil?