PDA

View Full Version : The Last Waltz

Den54
02-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Just came on at noon eastern on channel IFC.
YOU YOUNG BUCKS SHOULD WATCH IT AND HEAR WHAT GREAT MUSIC SOUNDS LIKE!!.

HelenaBucket
02-05-2006, 01:41 PM
The Last Waltz is always a religious experience for me, no matter how many times I have seen it. <bowing in reverence> I used to live upstate NY (Ulster Co.) and was in my favorite dive bar, "The Weight" playing on the jukebox courtesy my dime, quaffing back a Guinness, and who walked in, and ordered? Robbie. I nearly died - couldn't muster anything beyond a nod and a smile. He knew. It was better than seeing God.

Den54
02-05-2006, 01:43 PM
The Last Waltz is always a religious experience for me, no matter how many times I have seen it. <bowing in reverence> I used to live upstate NY (Ulster Co.) and was in my favorite dive bar, "The Weight" playing on the jukebox courtesy my dime, quaffing back a Guinness, and who walked in, and ordered? Robbie. I nearly died - couldn't muster anything beyond a nod and a smile. He knew. It was better than seeing God.

Great freaking story. The Weight is on now.:eek:

Den54
02-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Come on guys check it out!!
Its channel 550 on DTV I think.Its also on BrightHouse Networks.

Noodle Arm
02-05-2006, 02:39 PM
This is #2 on my list of all time favorite concert movies. (right below The Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense")

The Band were one of the greatest American rock bands of all time.

Muck
02-05-2006, 02:48 PM
The guy playing lead guitar right now.....I used to have an identical Stratocaster. Color and everything.

Noodle Arm
02-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh and the man who directed this...whatever happened to him?? :wink:

Muck
02-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh and the man who directed this...whatever happened to him?? :wink:

Robbie Robertson went on to score one of his most well-known films. Real piece of crap, that movie. ;)

Muck
02-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Jesus, did Dr. John ever not look like a bug?? Or an alien??

Den54
02-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Jesus, did Dr. John ever not look like a bug?? Or an alien??

Right place wrong time is a great tune from the Dr.
The Last Waltz will be playing all week for those that missed it. In fact it comes back on at 4:00pm eastern.:D

Muck
02-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Right place wrong time is a great tune from the Dr.
The Last Waltz will be playing all week for those that missed it. In fack it comes back on at 4:00pm eastern.:D

Oh he's great. I first got exposed to him during the SRV tribute.

Did you know he does the Popeye's commercials?? :yes:

Den54
02-05-2006, 03:14 PM

In my best Johnny Carson voice.... I did not know that.:D

Noodle Arm
02-05-2006, 03:19 PM

Did you happen to catch SNL lastnight? They did a sketch about Aaron Neville, Aretha Franklin and Dr. John singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl, the sketch was pretty lame but the guy who did Dr. John was spot on. "Love that chicken from Popeeeeeyeees!!" :lol:

Oh and that first song Prince performed kicked all kinds of butt, excellent guitar playing from the short one.