PDA

View Full Version : FEBRUARY Photoshop Comp RD 2

darkmistress
02-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Congrats to all those who made it through. See below for draw.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/february26bc-1.jpg

**TASK**

The Cleveland Browns are in desperate need to fill seats for the 2006 season. Your task is to create an enticing cardboard sleeve/cover for the 2006 season tickets. Some examples they like are:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

But they don't want anything like that :chuckle:

Specs are:
• Must be an original design
• Must be exactly 195pxl width x 355pxl height
• Must be for the Cleveland Browns
• Must stay in the FH TOS
• Only the front piece of card is required (ie: see samples)
• There is no size/k limit but try and keep them as small as possible
• There is no need to include "seat" "row" etc but you can if you'd like
• There is to be no animation
• Entries are to be in BY 9:30pm EST Saturday 11th of February 2006
• Please upload your images to http://www.imageshack.us and PM me both the image and the "direct link" If you can not pm me then send it via the GM here (http://fhgraphic.finheaven.com/request.html) and click "Make Request"

Next week's going to be fun! But you'll have to get through this week in order to do it :wink:

Good Luck

Coach Crennel will be in your debt ;)

ILPhinFan88
02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Sounds like a fun challenge

K-Rob
02-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Interesting

unifiedtheory
02-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Sounds like a fun challenge

Indeed....good luck.:D

unifiedtheory
02-06-2006, 01:27 AM
On another note...I'm certainly glad DM did'nt find a team with a really boring color scheme, basically no logo and no star players...

Wait...she did all those things.:lol::tongue:

Buddwalk
02-06-2006, 01:43 AM
On another note...I'm certainly glad DM did'nt find a team with a really boring color scheme, basically no logo and no star players...

Wait...she did all those things.:lol::tongue:

Exactly what I was bout to say :lol:

darkmistress
02-06-2006, 01:54 AM
ahh stop your Droughning and Frying. If you can't Braylon the competition then go home a Davis alone. :chuckle:

Buddwalk
02-06-2006, 03:51 PM
turned in last night i gotta honestly say it sucks hard...so im gonna do another

MillerTime
02-06-2006, 04:25 PM
this is gonna be tough

GreenMachine
02-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Mine's in...

Jt0323
02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
this should be an interesting challenge, i wonder how everyone goona do

unifiedtheory
02-06-2006, 09:01 PM
ahh stop your Droughning and Frying. If you can't Braylon the competition then go home a Davis alone. :chuckle:

Clever....very clever.:tongue:

darkmistress
02-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Clever....very clever.:tongue:
finally someone got it lol :chuckle:... I was expecting a few more :rolleyes2

Buddwalk
02-06-2006, 09:08 PM
finally someone got it lol :chuckle:... I was expecting a few more :rolleyes2

Well i got it but mine just sucks so bad so im not happy :tantrum:

I still cant figure out how to like glow stuff lol i want to glow that image like just lieing right in the middle of mine and the stadium and maybe blend a pic in the back

darkmistress
02-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Well i got it but mine just sucks so bad so im not happy :tantrum:

I still cant figure out how to like glow stuff lol i want to glow that image like just lieing right in the middle of mine and the stadium and maybe blend a pic in the back

Are there any tuts you could look up? Or have you tried that already?

Buddwalk
02-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Are there any tuts you could look up? Or have you tried that already?

Nah i've been trying to do everything with out tuts, i'll eventually figure this stuff out just i cant seem to make stuff glow :lol:

darkmistress
02-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Nah i've been trying to do everything with out tuts, i'll eventually figure this stuff out just i cant seem to make stuff glow :lol:

check the help menu then... that's not cheating :wink:

ILPhinFan88
02-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Congrats to all those who made it through. See below for draw.

**TASK**

The Cleveland Browns are in desperate need to fill seats for the 2006 season. Your task is to create an enticing cardboard sleeve/cover for the 2006 season tickets. Some examples they like are:

But they don't want anything like that :chuckle:

Specs are:
• Must be an original design
• Must be exactly 195pxl width x 355pxl height
• Must be for the Cleveland Browns
• Must stay in the FH TOS
• Only the front piece of card is required (ie: see samples)
• There is no size/k limit but try and keep them as small as possible
• There is no need to include "seat" "row" etc but you can if you'd like
• There is to be no animation
• Entries are to be in BY 9:30pm EST Saturday 11th of February 2006
• Please upload your images to http://www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us)and PM me both the image and the "direct link" If you can not pm me then send it via the GM here (http://fhgraphic.finheaven.com/request.html) and click "Make Request"

Next week's going to be fun! But you'll have to get through this week in order to do it :wink:

Good Luck

Coach Crennel will be in your debt ;)

DM, is photobucket OK? I dont have an account with imageshack and I would like to keep my images in one place.

A Wing Pilot
02-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Glad I won, I was in the hospital from Friday until about 25 minutes ago. With diverticulitis, which means that pretty much my colon is busted, and I will have to have 1/2 of it removed in a few months when the infection goes down. So technically I'll havew a semi-colon, or only be half full of it... take your choice! Sorry I didn't vote... that was the best round I think I ever saw

Well I'm way behind on this project I will most likely be the last to turn it in but plan on playing... now lets see if i can ever get out of the second round

Buddwalk
02-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Glad I won, I was in the hospital from Friday until about 25 minutes ago. With diverticulitis, which means that pretty much my colon is busted, and I will have to have 1/2 of it removed in a few months when the infection goes down. So technically I'll havew a semi-colon, or only be half full of it... take your choice! Sorry I didn't vote... that was the best round I think I ever saw

Well I'm way behind on this project I will most likely be the last to turn it in but plan on playing... now lets see if i can ever get out of the second round

ouch bro

darkmistress
02-07-2006, 07:19 PM
DM, is photobucket OK? I dont have an account with imageshack and I would like to keep my images in one place.
I had trouble with photobucket last time that's why I specified imageshack... you don't need an account for imageshack :wink:.

Upload it to both if you want to keep all your stuff together.

MillerTime
02-07-2006, 07:24 PM
you dont need an account

ILPhinFan88
02-07-2006, 07:26 PM
I had trouble with photobucket last time that's why I specified imageshack... you don't need an account for imageshack :wink:.

Upload it to both if you want to keep all your stuff together.

OK, I didn't know you that.

darkmistress
02-07-2006, 07:33 PM
OK, I didn't know you that.

sorry I didn't mean to cause problems for people but last week a few of the sigs I couldn't see. I had to try several computers before I could see them. I would hate to have someone miss out because I couldn't see the pic and couldn't get in contact with them before the deadline :o

unifiedtheory
02-07-2006, 07:38 PM

Try imageshack...no account needed. I'll never go back to photobucket after using imageshack.:D

Buddwalk
02-07-2006, 08:21 PM
just turned in my final copy of it...hopefully good enough to take me to victory :wink:

unifiedtheory
02-08-2006, 01:46 AM
just turned in my final copy of it...hopefully good enough to take me to victory :wink:

I'm still trying to find some decent pics of the Browns "star" players...quite difficult.

Buddwalk
02-08-2006, 02:33 AM
I'm still trying to find some decent pics of the Browns "star" players...quite difficult.

wait they have star players :confused:

GreenMachine
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I chose the Greatest Brown player ever:wink:

unifiedtheory
02-08-2006, 07:26 PM
I chose the Greatest Brown player ever:wink:

Jim?

I was thinking of going "old school" with this one like I did with my Payton siggy but, I'm gonna suffer and go new Browns...:boohoo:

Buddwalk
02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Jim?

I was thinking of going "old school" with this one like I did with my Payton siggy but, I'm gonna suffer and go new Browns...:boohoo:

oh no not new browns ahhh :lol:

Im thinking bout redoing mine, to actually make it decent

K-Rob
02-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I thought of the Great Jim Brown as well. I'm not sure how to incorporate him into the design I have going though. We'll see...

A Wing Pilot
02-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I thought I might bring up a point that some of us may overlook:

Remember that the more colors it has the more it costs to print. In my experience the ticket covers are minimal and effective.

I spent about an hour and a half on a design and realized it would cost a fortune to print for season ticket holders, So personally I felt to keep with the spirit I would cut my colors back to be more realistic. Granted its my opinion but the dolphins ticket cover had 3 colors and a hologram (silver sparkle dolphin logo). the tickets are where they spend there money printing (graphics & photos)

Buddwalk
02-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Im 100% done with mine and finally i can say im overall pretty happy with how it turned out :D

inFINSible
02-08-2006, 10:42 PM
I think I got a good dog in this fight. :D

Buddwalk
02-08-2006, 10:42 PM
I think I got a good dog in this fight. :D

Hopefully i dont want no easy victory...i want a good hard fought battle :wink:

K-Rob
02-09-2006, 01:22 PM
I would just like to say that I think this monthly PS Competition is a great thing for Finheaven. Most people stop visiting forums during offseasons (I'm guilty of that myself) but this will keep people interested and visiting frequently. Let's hope it stays like this throughout the year.

ILPhinFan88
02-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Turned mine in, don't know what to think of it. I don't want to go overboard, but don't want it to be plain. Oh well I'm sure Unified will mop the floor with me anyway.

Good Luck guys

Buddwalk
02-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Turned mine in, don't know what to think of it. I don't want to go overboard, but don't want it to be plain. Oh well I'm sure Unified will mop the floor with me anyway.

Good Luck guys

nah you'll give unified a run this time around...so 88 what did ya think of mine?

ILPhinFan88
02-10-2006, 04:09 PM
nah you'll give unified a run this time around...so 88 what did ya think of mine?

Looked good, the second is the best

Buddwalk
02-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Looked good, the second is the best

thats the one i turned in :wink:

unifiedtheory
02-10-2006, 08:30 PM

Good Luck guys

I don't think I'm mopping any floors this round. I'm having a TOUGH TIME with this....:fire:

To be honest, I've scrapped one already and can't do any work on it tonight. Gonna have to get up early on Saturday and get it done...it will be close.

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 11:09 AM
11 1/2 hours to go then deadline :wink:

Im very happy bout mine this round

MillerTime
02-11-2006, 03:45 PM
i cant wait to see everyones

unifiedtheory
02-11-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm STILL having a tough time with this...

I'm REALLY glad the Phins don't have such a vanilla color scheme...

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm STILL having a tough time with this...

I'm REALLY glad the Phins don't have such a vanilla color scheme...

I actually find it harder to make phins stuff. Unlike most I actually like the browns uniforms/colours scheme :o. Just think "Old School" and you should be fine :wink:

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I actually find it harder to make phins stuff. Unlike most I actually like the browns uniforms/colours scheme :o. Just think "Old School" and you should be fine :wink:

I had trouble at first then i just fooled around with a bunch of stuff and like you said old school is what i thought and it turned out pretty good

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 08:08 PM
2 hours 22 more minutes to go :wink:

unifiedtheory
02-11-2006, 08:14 PM

Got enough badges?:tongue:

unifiedtheory
02-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Mines in....and it sucks. :boohoo:

ILPhinFan88
02-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Mines in....and it sucks. :boohoo:

Don't worry, you can probably make up for it in the next round. :wink:

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Got enough badges?:tongue:

there is no limit to how much flare you can wear :chuckle:

unifiedtheory
02-11-2006, 08:57 PM
there is no limit to how much flare you can wear :chuckle::lol:

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 09:12 PM
1 hour 18 minutes left to go
78 minutes left to go

:D :D :D

MillerTime
02-11-2006, 09:33 PM
78 minutes left to go

:D:D

ILPhinFan88
02-11-2006, 09:36 PM
78 minutes left to go

Hey budd, how much time is left??

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey budd, how much time is left??

50 minutes

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
21 minutes past the deadline

MillerTime
02-11-2006, 11:08 PM
hopefully the voting thread is posted tonight

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 11:08 PM
hopefully the voting thread is posted tonight

Whenever DM gets on she probobly is doing something and shes busy right now. It'll be posted before midnight guarenteed :wink: