PDA

View Full Version : Girl Wins State Wrestling Title

Muck
02-06-2006, 01:36 AM
First girl in the nation to win a prep state wrestling championship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2320537

Rocky Raccoon
02-06-2006, 01:37 AM
:clap: good for her

Samphin
02-06-2006, 01:39 AM
First girl in the nation to win a prep state wrestling championship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2320537

Muck, this belongs in other sports. Mods, please move. :D As a former wrestler myself, I am veyr proud of this girl. I had a girl on my high school team who was actually very good in her own right. I always got a kick out of her opponents crying after she would pin them. Unfortunately for her, she wrestled at a very competitive weight class and never got to this level.

Anyhow, congrats to this young lady.

LtDan
02-06-2006, 02:43 AM
Sucks to be the 103 pound boys of Alaska. Great for her though!

PassRush
02-06-2006, 02:52 AM
People think that female wrestlers are pushovers who will cry the second you put a little torque on a half or god forbid a Ball and Chain. People need to realize that if a female is able to stick it out and make it onto a competitive matt, you better take her serious because she is twice as tenacious as any male. Not to mention they are fast, limber and probably pissed that she would be seen as a lesser opponant

Muck
02-06-2006, 08:40 AM
People think that female wrestlers are pushovers who will cry the second you put a little torque on a half or god forbid a Ball and Chain. People need to realize that if a female is able to stick it out and make it onto a competitive matt, you better take her serious because she is twice as tenacious as any male. Not to mention they are fast, limber and probably pissed that she would be seen as a lesser opponant

Darn right.

How many of you had a younger or older sister close in age who could more than hold her own against you or your friends when you were kids??

Those are the girls that are pretty good wrestlers IMO. The ones who are athletic and just downright tenacious.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Dude, I wrestled my whole life (grew up on it) and it is bar none one of the toughest sports known to man. This girl has guts. Major major props to her, I am more then impressed!

inFINSible
02-06-2006, 11:43 AM
I know you're all wondering.....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

mor911
02-06-2006, 11:46 AM
That's her? Crap... I was hoping some guys were losing with style (aka hands in naighty places), but never mind.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Certain girls just have that drive and motivation to compete with guys. We had a chick on our football team in Jr. high and she was the first to practice and the last to leave!

Mindwarp
02-06-2006, 11:58 AM
"dude,... you got beat by a girl"

dreday
02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Cute girls making strides in wrestling.Opening the door for more lady wrestlers.Nice too see.

Dolfan984
02-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I went state for Wrestling my Senior year. :-D

There was this girl for some other school that was wrestling at 152s and just beat and tortured both of our male 152 pounders in the same tournament. She was a friggen animal, made one of our dudes bleed all over :P So yeah don't underestimate women, especially big ones.

Roman529
02-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I bet Trish and Sable could whup her butt. :wink:

PassRush
02-08-2006, 05:14 PM
In my seven years wrestling I am 8-1 against females, but I will not for a second take one less seriously than a male. In my time wrestling I wrestled everywhere between 160 and 215. My freshmen year of highschool I had never faced a female before. When I was called up to the matt at the Palm Beach Gardens tornament and I saw I pair of breast across the matt, I felf bad for what I was about to do to her... She took me to the third period and busted my nose before I beat her with a 7-5 decision on a quick switch. The next time I faced her she pinned me. Since that first match I have treated every wrestler I faced like they were Dan Gable. My senior year, I faced a female and won by injury default; we went at it pretty tough for two rounds and I nailed a (read: completely legal) firemans carry that dislocated her shoulder and gave her a concussion. EVERYBODY at that tornament hated me for it except for her. She shook my hand once she got up and we still laugh about it to this day.