PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Nicky Napoleon
02-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I just bought a network adaptor for my ps2, I have the cable connected to it and the other end in the ethernet port in my modem but it says it cant detect a dial tone any suggestions?

Nicky Napoleon
02-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I basically need a step by step walk through because I am ...well lost as far as all of this just want to play some online football and golf.

Nicky Napoleon
02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Do I need to hook up both the phone line and ethernet cable?

UCFinfan86
02-08-2006, 07:35 AM
is you have dialup, u have to make sure you are logged onto AOL or whatever u have.

Phin-o-rama
02-08-2006, 12:38 PM
ethernet would be for broad band.....if u have that go to the website of who ur ISP is (ie comcast, sprint, etc...) most of them have walkthroughs on getting xbox or ps2 to work....

gl, hf

Agent51
02-08-2006, 08:04 PM
is you have dialup, u have to make sure you are logged onto AOL or whatever u have.

If you mean you have to be logged onto AOL on your computer then no you don't. My friend still has stupid dial up and he plays online, you just need to setup the internet with the setup disk that came with the adapter and when you pick your ISP you select AOL.

If you have dial up you only need to have the phone line go from the jack to the adapter, if you have broadband you only need to have the ethernet cable go frpm the modem to the adapter, no need for both.