PDA

View Full Version : Prince on SNL

Noodle Arm
02-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok I'll say I'm not the biggest Prince fan in the world, I like his 80's stuff but his 90's/00's work leaves a lot to be desired (with the exception of a few singles here and there)

I've always respected him as a musician though, the little mofo can play any instrument you put in front of him. A good example is this clip from this past saturday's SNL, the song flat out rocks. It's a song supposedly called "Fury" and it's on his new album. Check out the guitar solo towards the end...

http://youtube.com/w/prince?v=hospswwC74k&search=prince%20snl

Oh and please, no lame Prince/Charlie Murphy jokes. They were funny....3 years ago.

Caps
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Game... Blouses.(sorry)

The song was pretty good, I like most of Prince's stuff.

dreday
02-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I think Prince is back.The 3 new songs Ive heard from his new album suggests that.I think the Fury song is ok.

d-day
02-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok I'll say I'm not the biggest Prince fan in the world, I like his 80's stuff but his 90's/00's work leaves a lot to be desired (with the exception of a few singles here and there)

I've always respected him as a musician though, the little mofo can play any instrument you put in front of him. A good example is this clip from this past saturday's SNL, the song flat out rocks. It's a song supposedly called "Fury" and it's on his new album. Check out the guitar solo towards the end...

http://youtube.com/w/prince?v=hospswwC74k&search=prince%20snl

Oh and please, no lame Prince/Charlie Murphy jokes. They were funny....3 years ago.

i agree - besides being an incredible songwriter, producer, arranger, musician... prince has always been a bitchin guitarist

Buddwalk
02-08-2006, 09:11 PM
i agree - besides being an incredible songwriter, producer, arranger, musician... prince has always been a bitchin guitarist

I was just getting ready to say them exact words spelled exactly like that :french:

Noodle Arm
02-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Did you guys watch the clip? It's pretty "bitchin" :lol:

Buddwalk
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Did you guys watch the clip?

good guitar work by prince on that video...i enjoyed it :D

Kobe
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Game... Blouses.(sorry)

That still cracks me up :D

Buddwalk