PDA

View Full Version : Winning Eleven 9....

Prime Time
02-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Came out today. I'll buy it for the PS2, but I am in no rush...I want to see 10 next year for the PS3...which will have online play. I don't know If this one has it? I doubt it though, even though it was rumored...

PeaTearGriffin
02-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Came out today. I'll buy it for the PS2, but I am in no rush...I want to see 10 next year for the PS3...which will have online play. I don't know If this one has it? I doubt it though, even though it was rumored...

The best soccer series around...they are great games

Agent51
02-09-2006, 12:47 PM

World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (PS2) http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/dot-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/worldsoccerwinningeleven9_ps2boxboxart_1-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/dot-1.gif

The 2005 edition of Konami's international soccer smash furthers the series' realism with tighter control on- and off-the-ball and new gameplay and graphic enhancements. This 2006 edition combines the attention to detail that has been the series' hallmark along with new formations, Master League enhancements and – for the first time ever – online play.

Taken from: http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/winning-eleven-9/

banzaitrey
02-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Ive never played the series...I have only played Fifa and im pretty addicted...At least 3 or 4 games a night and when i got time I will play all day...Any of yall like to play online?

Prime Time
02-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Ive never played the series...I have only played Fifa and im pretty addicted...At least 3 or 4 games a night and when i got time I will play all day...Any of yall like to play online?

FIFA's graphics are amazing, but the gameplay is garbage. Winning Eleven has the best gameplay for Soccer. Like the other poster said, Best Soccer Series out.

Prime Time
02-10-2006, 01:46 AM
BTW who is that on the cover? Last year it was Eddie Pope...

ChrisKo
02-10-2006, 04:30 PM
BTW who is that on the cover? Last year it was Eddie Pope...

Isn't that John Terry from Chelsea?

PeaTearGriffin
02-11-2006, 02:44 AM
anyone know if it will work on the 360? also has anyone played the PC version?

banzaitrey
02-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Since we are on the subject of soccer...Do any of yall play soccer for school etc...I play for my school and we lost in the 2nd round of playoffs last week...We pulled a huge upset in the first round

Prime Time
02-12-2006, 12:24 AM
I do. We got elimiated a while ago...:(

Anyway...I played Winning 9 today. I played it at my friend's house and I want to buy it as I buy all of them but I don't have the money for it right now. The graphics look pretty much the same, but the gameplay is different. It is harder to make cuts and runs which makes it more difficult to dribble around Defenders. So now more then ever, you will have to pass, just like real soccer :up:....US doesn't have the official names. How wack...that is going to be really gay for online, but once I figure it out who is who I'll be straight (even though I'll use Peru, Argentina, Real Madrid etc.). Online is what I am most looking forward to in this game...

Prime Time
02-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Isn't that John Terry from Chelsea?

Indeed...bad choice though IMO

Prime Time
02-12-2006, 12:26 AM
I didn't expect the major upgrades until the games come out on the New Generation Consoles...Winning 10 will probably be a huge upgrade..

phinpunk14
02-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Since we are on the subject of soccer...Do any of yall play soccer for school etc...I play for my school and we lost in the 2nd round of playoffs last week...We pulled a huge upset in the first round

I did when i was in high school, and I play intramurals here at UK.

ChrisKo
02-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I played since age 6 all the way through high school. I tore my right ACL my junior year and lost some scholarship opportunities. We had a bunch of college's scouting our team, because one of our players was on the U-17 national team.

I've played different leagues indoor/outdoor since and tore my left ACL about 14 months ago. So I haven't really played in the past year. Will probably start playing again this spring season.

ChrisKo
02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Indeed...bad choice though IMO

While I'm not a fan of Chelsea, it's not bad pick to get the captain of the winning team in EPL. Even though he's not the most recognized player outside of the UK. But then again, I think the WE guys are trying to promote some of the lesser known (globally) players and I think that's a great idea.

I haven't played this version yet and I've kind of quit playing regular soccer games. I pretty much only play Football Manager now as I enjoy the management aspect much greater now.

Prime Time
02-13-2006, 10:17 PM
While I'm not a fan of Chelsea, it's not bad pick to get the captain of the winning team in EPL. Even though he's not the most recognized player outside of the UK. But then again, I think the WE guys are trying to promote some of the lesser known (globally) players and I think that's a great idea.

I haven't played this version yet and I've kind of quit playing regular soccer games. I pretty much only play Football Manager now as I enjoy the management aspect much greater now.

Have you ever played Winning Eleven?

finsmx
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I do. We got elimiated a while ago...:(

Anyway...I played Winning 9 today. I played it at my friend's house and I want to buy it as I buy all of them but I don't have the money for it right now. The graphics look pretty much the same, but the gameplay is different. It is harder to make cuts and runs which makes it more difficult to dribble around Defenders. So now more then ever, you will have to pass, just like real soccer :up:....US doesn't have the official names. How wack...that is going to be really gay for online, but once I figure it out who is who I'll be straight (even though I'll use Peru, Argentina, Real Madrid etc.). Online is what I am most looking forward to in this game...

Cool, this is a must buy for me, I've been playing WE8 for a while now

ChrisKo
02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Have you ever played Winning Eleven?

Ya, Winning Eleven 7 and 8. I love the game and it's excellent. I've just gotten bored of playing them and would rather be out playing for real.