PDA

View Full Version : ***Attention all Members:***

Pages : [1] 2

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen introducing FinHeaven's new and improved warning system!

As you may have noticed in the bottom left corner of your posts, under your user information, there's is a warning level meter.

How that works is, we are going to assign points to various violations of the TOS. Each time a poster violates a rule he/she will be warned with a PM and a notation in the post. The member can also click on the warning percentage icon to see his/her warning information, including your violation, how many points it was worth, when those points will expire and which staff member issued the warning.

Each user can only see their own warning level while Admins and Mods can see Everyones.

I think it's important to note that, like I mentioned, your warning points will come with an expiration date. This essentially allows you to wipe the slate clean after a predetermined length of time. The length of time will be 30 days for a first offense....60 days for a second offense.....and 90 days for a third offense. These lengths are non-negotiable.

Now, there may come a time when you disagree with a warning, at that point it's best to handle that through the proper channels, which are to private message the staff member who issued the warning or, if you aren't able to use the private message system, use the Questions and Suggestions forum. Off-topic complaining in the thread that your warning is issued, or creating a complaint thread in the wrong forum, will result in another warning and more points being added. So please think before you react.

When a member reaches 10 points he or she will be banned for an amount of time to be determined by the staff. The member will also be sent a PM explaining the length of time the ban will last and the reason for the ban. The member will be able to read private messages but, not send.

Your only recourse at this time is to contact an Admin by e-mail and wait until he gets back to you.

Creating another user name to circumvent your ban, will result in more time being added to your ban, or eventually, permanent bannishment from this site.

We hope that most members can see the positive side of this system which gives everyone plenty of warning and a chance to improve their standing before any action is taken. We want everyone to enjoy this site and we don't ever want to have to ban anyone but, we feel like this way provides all our members with the comfort of knowing exactly what we expect, and knowing that we will be doing our best to make everyone's time here enjoyable and problem free.

I'm going to show the points totals here but, remember if you need to see them again, they will be added to the TOS for your viewing pleasure. We recomend you reveiw the full TOS while you're there. :D
Anyway, here they are...

First Offense:
Personal Attack - 4pts
Circumventing Profanity Filter - 2pts
Off-Topic\Wrong Fourm - 2pts
Sig Size - 1pt
Breaking News/Misleading thread titles - 2pts
Posting full article - 1pt
Spam/linking to other fan sites - 2pts
Annoyance - 3pts
Quoted text in sig - 1pt
Altering quoted text - 2pts
Multiple username - 2pts

At first glance the totals may look low but, there is another part of the system that i haven't mentioned yet.....A second offense, doubles the point total, and a third offense triples it.

In the case of a personal attack, you don't go from 4 to 8, you go from 4 to 12. That means two personall attacks within 30 days nets you time off and 8 of those points extend for 60 days.

Any questions our comments are welcome in this thread. Please, tell us what you think.

Thank You,

FinHeaven Staff

Lungoystr
02-09-2006, 09:43 AM

As you may have noticed in the bottom left corner of your posts, under your user information, there's is a warning level meter.

How that works is, we are going to assign points to various violations of the TOS. Each time a poster violates a rule he/she will be warned with a PM and a notation in the post. The member can also click on the warning percentage icon to see his/her warning information, including your violation, how many points it was worth, when those points will expire and which staff member issued the warning.

Each user can only see their own warning level while Admins and Mods can see Everyones.

I think it's important to note that, like I mentioned, your warning points will come with an expiration date. This essentially allows you to wipe the slate clean after a predetermined length of time. The length of time will be 30 days for a first offense....60 days for a second offense.....and 90 days for a third offense. These lengths are non-negotiable.

Now, there may come a time when you disagree with a warning, at that point it's best to handle that through the proper channels, which are to private message the staff member who issued the warning or, if you aren't able to use the private message system, use the Questions and Suggestions forum. Off-topic complaining in the thread that your warning is issued, or creating a complaint thread in the wrong forum, will result in another warning and more points being added. So please think before you react.

When a member reaches 10 points he or she will be banned for an amount of time to be determined by the staff. The member will also be sent a PM explaining the length of time the ban will last and the reason for the ban. The member will be able to read private messages but, not send.

Your only recourse at this time is to contact an Admin by e-mail and wait until he gets back to you.

Creating another user name to circumvent your ban, will result in more time being added to your ban, or eventually, permanent bannishment from this site.

We hope that most members can see the positive side of this system which gives everyone plenty of warning and a chance to improve their standing before any action is taken. We want everyone to enjoy this site and we don't ever want to have to ban anyone but, we feel like this way provides all our members with the comfort of knowing exactly what we expect, and knowing that we will be doing our best to make everyone's time here enjoyable and problem free.

I'm going to show the points totals here but, remember if you need to see them again, they will be added to the TOS for your viewing pleasure. We recomend you reveiw the full TOS while you're there. :D
Anyway, here they are...

First Offense:
Personal Attack - 4pts
Sig Size - 1pt
Annoyance - 3pts
Quoted text in sig - 1pt
Multiple username - 2pts

At first glance the totals may look low but, there is another part of the system that i haven't mentioned yet.....A second offense, doubles the point total, and a third offense triples it.

In the case of a personal attack, you don't go from 4 to 8, you go from 4 to 12. That means two personall attacks within 30 days nets you time off and 8 of those points extend for 60 days.

Any questions our comments are welcome in this thread. Please, tell us what you think.

Thank You,

FinHeaven Staff

Just one question. What's the over/under on this? :wink:

Just kidding. Sounds like pretty stiff rules, but it's a good idea. I forsee a lot of vacations in the future for the Finheaven community.

Phin-o-rama
02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
OP is high

jnobes7
02-09-2006, 09:52 AM
at least he didn't break a rule!! cuz im high too!

dolphinfan2k5
02-09-2006, 09:53 AM
I didn't realize you couldn't have quotes in your sig. I also don't think that members should get points for posting a thread in the wrong forum. Sometimes, you think you are in the right forum when you are posting a thread but it turns out that you aren't and that you posted it in the wrong forum. Also sometimes you genuinely think that a thread should be posted in that forum but the mods don't agree. I just don't agree with that one.

dolphinfan2k5
02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I also think that there should be a warning for the first offense on some of these. For example, new members might post something about the draft in the Miami Dolphins forum thinking that it should be there. I don't think they should receive two points for that.

BennyVW
02-09-2006, 10:00 AM
I personally would like to welcome our Alien Overlords...

FinFan72
02-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I didn't realize you couldn't have quotes in your sig. I also don't think that members should get points for posting a thread in the wrong forum. Sometimes, you think you are in the right forum when you are posting a thread but it turns out that you aren't and that you posted it in the wrong forum. Also sometimes you genuinely think that a thread should be posted in that forum but the mods don't agree. I just don't agree with that one.

I agree with you on that one and i dont understand the Annoyance one.:shakeno:

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 10:05 AM

Reason this is put into place because we have tried PMing people and letting them know they are in the wrong forums, just to have them Keep posting in the wrong froums.

Philter25
02-09-2006, 10:14 AM
You cant have quotes in your sig? Are you kidding me? How about links? What if someone says something horribly stupid..... or else if someone has a bet that they need to keep?

allred65
02-09-2006, 10:17 AM
I will be informing the A.C.L.U. regarding this matter.
:)

DolphinzD
02-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Regarding "altering quoted text", I would assume that if you put some quoted text in bold, to highlight the point you are responding to, that is not altering? As long as you don't change any of the text?

NewEra8
02-09-2006, 10:28 AM
You cant have quotes in your sig? Are you kidding me? How about links? What if someone says something horribly stupid..... or else if someone has a bet that they need to keep?

Yeah I was wondering about that too...

Fins05:NewHope
02-09-2006, 10:31 AM
I like this site...I really do.....but some of these rules are harsh....not well thought out...and are gonna hurt alot of your long time members. This will deter some people from coming back here.....hey I am waiting for my tax return to make a donation here....cuz I like it so much....but Im not donating to this site under these rules. Just my thoughts....I hope you dont get points for your thoughts.

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
I like this site...I really do.....but some of these rules are harsh....not well thought out...and are gonna hurt alot of your long time members. This will deter some people from coming back here.....hey I am waiting for my tax return to make a donation here....cuz I like it so much....but Im not donating to this site under these rules. Just my thoughts....I hope you dont get points for your thoughts.

funny enough these rules have been in place for a while and being enforced. sometimes harder then others. All this does is make it consitant for all and where someone would get a 24 hour ban for one of these infractions before, now they get a warning and some points. In My Opinion, we are relaxing on some of the rules.

02-09-2006, 10:42 AM
funny enough these rules have been in place for a while and being enforced. sometimes harder then others. All this does is make it consitant for all and where someone would get a 24 hour ban for one of these infractions before, now they get a warning and some points. In My Opinion, we are relaxing on some of the rules.

It just sounds like you guys made your job a whole lot harder....you guys have to read every thread and every post...then look up your Point-o-Meter...and determine whos been naughty and whos been nice....When do you guys get to just enjoy this place?

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't have a problem with the concept, but the devil is in the details.

"Annoyance" is really nebulous, and I wonder about its enforcement.

I agree that the off-topic/wrong forum penalty seems really strict.

And I, too, am clueless regarding the "quoted text in sig" infraction: is the purpose here to prevent members from using someone else's quote to make them look stupid? If so, that's covered under personal attacks. Beyond that, I'm not sure why it's there.

Mindwarp
It just sounds like you guys made your job a whole lot harder....you guys have to read every thread and every post...then look up your Point-o-Meter...and determine whos been naughty and whos been nice....When do you guys get to just enjoy this place?

question: Would you rather get some points for breaking some rules and a PM letting you know what happend? or would you rather we give you 24 hours for breaking the rules?

SCall13
Wow. A little stiff on some of it. :eek: Some of it makes sense. Hope it doesn't chase some folks off.

SpurzN703
02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I guess I'll never make a thread again! I don't want to get the boot for making a mistake. I'll try and be on my best behavior

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
By the way, I totally appreciate the "method behind the madness": to make board discipline consistent. As I said, the devil is in the details.

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 10:46 AM
And I, too, am clueless regarding the "quoted text in sig" infraction: is the purpose here to prevent members from using someone else's quote to make them look stupid? If so, that's covered under personal attacks. Beyond that, I'm not sure why it's there.

Doc, this is exactly the case. We had many members who had quotes in there sigs for the sole purpose of making fun of them. Some members got way out of hand with this and had 4 quotes in there sigs.

SCall13
02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't have a problem with the concept, but the devil is in the details.

"Annoyance" is really nebulous, and I wonder about its enforcement.

I agree that the off-topic/wrong forum penalty seems really strict.

I agree. The annoyance thing can become too much of a personal issue if you aren't careful.
The wrong forum is sometimes a simple over-sight or an accident. I have posted in the wrong forum before, realized that I had, and wanted to delete it and change but am not able to.

02-09-2006, 10:49 AM
question: Would you rather get some points for breaking some rules and a PM letting you know what happend? or would you rather we give you 24 hours for breaking the rules?

Well you know...I have posted over 600 posts...and NEVER been disiplined for anything....so its obvious Im a good boy....To answer your question....24 hours is the best way...I mean...you slap some points on me...I could forget in the future...I might do it again thinkin....(so what its just some points lets so If i can slip it past)....you 24 hour ban me...and its like the invisible fence...I know exactly where I can and cant go....lesson learned....its just sounds like more work for you....but hey I could be wrong.

and by the way....why is Zack Thomas "IN loving Memory" did he didnt die or something did he?

greatwade
02-09-2006, 10:52 AM
This board is WAYYYY more lenient than some message boards. I have a lifetime ban at Fark, and I'm a nice guy!

I believe they are explaining the way the rules work, in detail. It isn't harsh, it isn't nit picky. Its just the details of the reporting.

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Doc, this is exactly the case. We had many members who had quotes in there sigs for the sole purpose of making fun of them. Some members got way out of hand with this and had 4 quotes in there sigs.

I would suggest then, that you specify "quoted text in sig for the purpose of antagonism" or just let it fall under "personal attacks" to avoid confusion.

FIN-IN-RI
02-09-2006, 11:02 AM
It's about time.

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Well you know...I have posted over 600 posts...and NEVER been disiplined for anything....so its obvious Im a good boy....To answer your question....24 hours is the best way...I mean...you slap some points on me...I could forget in the future...I might do it again thinkin....(so what its just some points lets so If i can slip it past)....you 24 hour ban me...and its like the invisible fence...I know exactly where I can and cant go....lesson learned....its just sounds like more work for you....but hey I could be wrong.

and by the way....why is Zack Thomas "IN loving Memory" did he didnt die or something did he?

no its In loving memory of a couple of members here who have had love ones pass away recently.

but back to your points about the warning system. the way it is now you will see what perecentage you have if you do something bad, and you can click on the % and it will tell you what you did bad, and on what thread you did it, so you can ALWAYS know and never forget.

Philter25
02-09-2006, 11:06 AM
A Q on "linking to other fan sites"

Do you consider miamidolphins.com another fan site? Also, some people keep more updated stuff on other fan sites. Both Merman and myself have talked about the salary cap before.... I know he keeps a regularly updated salary cap page that I have linked to before. That shouldnt be against the TOS. Its promoting discussion about the Miami Dolphins and its a little more in detail than the cap page we have on here.

What about if something is posted on billszone that is directly related to us? In the "beast of the AFC east" forum, isnt that the entire point of that forum?

Also, do you consider all the nfldraftcountdown.com and sites like that other fan sites? Because in the draft forum, people link updated mock drafts all the time..... just because its being linked to another fan site, doesnt mean its not serving its purpose and helping conversation or initiating conversation about the Dolphins.

I agree with most of the rules, but man, some of the other ones seem right out of the Mein Kampf......

redhead
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Is this because I told someone to shut up..., because most people agreed

ZOD
02-09-2006, 11:24 AM

You have been a member for a little under a year. You have 660 posts (which means you have enjoyed yourself).

You have stipulations for a donation?

The site has been getting along fine years prior to your proposed penance.

Heil Infinsible..... :sidelol:

Oboy
02-09-2006, 11:29 AM
One Question MindWarp OR any other mod...

So can you have quotes of say Saban? Or other players? Or maybe some famous person that says something worth remembering?

Meaning is this restriction ONLY on quoting members?

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 11:31 AM

So can you have quotes of say Saban? Or other players? Or maybe some famous person that says something worth remembering?

yes the restriction is only on quoting members.

Aqua and Orange
02-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Yikes. I know you guys are going to stick to your guns on these rules, but I agree with everyone that has posted already on this thread that the annoyance rule is really unclear, the quotes in the sig rule needs to be further specified so that only excessive or mean quotes are penalized, and the wrong forum rule is wayyyyy too strict. When new members come to the site, they're going to just post wherever they want because they are new. That's like hitting them with a penalty as soon as they arrive. If you have been around for a while, its still possible to mess up accidentally once in a while.
Like I said, I know you guys are going to stick to your guns, but its also important to listen to the members of your site. Just giving a heads up.

Superself
Good stuff.

Regardless of the details, I think it sends a message. I also think the mods/admins are more than lenient enough and fair enough that the majority of posters who have adhered to the rules in the past won't get caught up in the new system.

DrAstroZoom

Again, the penalty should only be for quoting members with antagonistic intent. I know I've quoted another member in my sig at some point because it was simply an awesome quote. It would be ridiculous to punish that.

Aqua and Orange
02-09-2006, 11:33 AM
The other stuff Im totally cool with though, just to inform you. Dont want to get in trouble just for putting in feedback.

Aqua and Orange
02-09-2006, 11:36 AM
You have been a member for a little under a year. You have 660 posts (which means you have enjoyed yourself).

You have stipulations for a donation?

The site has been getting along fine years prior to your proposed penance.

Heil Infinsible..... :sidelol:

This post is just silly. It's not cool to antagonize someone for their inexperience on the site.

Phin-o-rama
02-09-2006, 11:39 AM
ban zod

PassRush
02-09-2006, 11:39 AM
I am torn about this. The warning system is a good idea in theory, though I worry about how strict this should be. I believe that some of the more borderline violations(for example a thread about what it would take to get Cutler in the main forum), should just be moved with no points. Lets face it, we understand that the mods have to make judgement calls from time to time; regular posters do too. If I were to post a thread about trading Ricky Williams for a chance at Cutler, that could reasonably be posted in the Main, Trade or Draft forums; no matter which one you choose, if a mod is having a bad day I could be wrong and missed two right answers. I believe the only time points should be assesed for posting in the wrong forum is if it is blatently off topic, for example if I posted my infamous "cooler" thread in the main forum(I still want it back, InFins, I am not kidding):tantrum:

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 11:43 AM
It will be a learning experiance for all of you. But remember if you do not agree with a warning you can always PM a admin (Wharf or Infins have th ebest judgement out of all of us :wink:) and we can listen to your complaint look at the thread and get back to you on it.

Some will not agree at first, but as well all learn from it im sure we will all find a happy middle road for all of us. :mindwarp:

SCall13
02-09-2006, 11:47 AM
I am torn about this. The warning system is a good idea in theory, though I worry about how strict this should be. I believe that some of the more borderline violations(for example a thread about what it would take to get Cutler in the main forum), should just be moved with no points. Lets face it, we understand that the mods have to make judgement calls from time to time; regular posters do too. If I were to post a thread about trading Ricky Williams for a chance at Cutler, that could reasonably be posted in the Main, Trade or Draft forums; no matter which one you choose, if a mod is having a bad day I could be wrong and missed two right answers. I believe the only time points should be assesed for posting in the wrong forum is if it is blatently off topic, for example if I posted my infamous "cooler" thread in the main forum(I still want it back, InFins, I am not kidding):tantrum:

True true. There are gray areas on some subjects. There are quite a few cases when a subject could realistically be posted in several forums. How will this be looked at?

SuperBankz
02-09-2006, 11:55 AM
sweet

Wonderboy
02-09-2006, 11:56 AM
How many pts did ZOD just get?? :sidelol:

FinzFan
02-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Regarding "altering quoted text", I would assume that if you put some quoted text in bold, to highlight the point you are responding to, that is not altering? As long as you don't change any of the text?

and sometimes I reduce a long quote by putting in ... the part I want to highlight .... It saves a whole lot of page space. I am guessung that you mean altering the words to read something other than what was in the original text.

Philter25
02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Mindwarp,

Can I get a little clarification on this:

Do you consider miamidolphins.com another fan site? Also, some people keep more updated stuff on other fan sites. Both Merman and myself have talked about the salary cap before.... I know he keeps a regularly updated salary cap page that I have linked to before. That shouldnt be against the TOS. Its promoting discussion about the Miami Dolphins and its a little more in detail than the cap page we have on here.

What about if something is posted on billszone that is directly related to us? In the "beast of the AFC east" forum, isnt that the entire point of that forum?

Also, do you consider all the nfldraftcountdown.com and sites like that other fan sites? Because in the draft forum, people link updated mock drafts all the time..... just because its being linked to another fan site, doesnt mean its not serving its purpose and helping conversation or initiating conversation about the Dolphins.

I agree with most of the rules, but man, some of the other ones seem right out of the Mein Kampf......

SoDakDolfan
02-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I, for one, am extremely glad finheaven is choosing to have some decent standards and enforce them. A person might get some points inadvertently (i.e. accidentally placing soething in the wrong forum) but most of the penalties are for those who are purposely obnoxious. Thanks for keeping this forum a fun place to come!

txmedic5
02-09-2006, 12:01 PM
sounds to me like someone used to work for the local department of motor vehicles.....too many points on your liscense maybe....LOL. too bad we all couldnt see everyone else misguided steps though, that would have been fun.

txmedic5
02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
maybe you could clarify the linking of other fan web sites and all that, i dont get that part. are you saying that if i read something on another site that i cant put on this one? and what exactly do you mean about "quotes in your sig" exactly? if you have time let me know thanks.

feelthepain
02-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Well the way I see it is we all agree about some rules and disagree about others we like some and don't like others or understand them, but there is really nothing we as individuals can do about it. There are just too many members to please all. I have my own prblems with this site and the way things are handled, but at the same time I undestand as with anything there is give and take.

I love this site and I want to reamain a member, sometimes I have to hold myself back because I know I may get in trouble if I cross the line. It's just not worth the trouble I may get into if I do cross the line. I read the warning system rules and undestand them. I may not agree with all of them, but at the same time others might. So with a site this big this will always be the case. It's basically, you're damaned if you do and you're damned if you don't for the Mods and Admin. They won't be able to please everyone.

I have been to other football sites and I am a member of some, I have to say this is the largest site I have been to. I don't know if there are sites as large or larger, but this one is pretty big. I do like the fact that insults of any kind are not allowed. Sometimes it's hard to move on without insults especially when you get into a heated debate, but in the end it makes for a more mature site. It also eliminates trolls that are just out to argue about everything.

I think the reason this site is what it is ,is because of the planning and foresight used by the mods and Admin. here. I kind of enjoy the fact that my team has one of the best football sites on the planet. I also love having some very knowledable members such as Boomer and CK giving their vast knowledge of football and it's very appreciated!! I could name about 10 more members because there is plenty of football knowledge here. Enjoy this site folks it's a great one. Remember if you're an adult and take that attitude before posting you should never find yourself on the wrong side of the warning meter!! JMO.

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 12:10 PM

here is the rule

Links to Other Fan Sites
You may post a link to a great article or report on another fan site. However, you may not simply advertise a site. For example, you may say, "Check out this great report at blablabla.com" However, you may not say, "blablabla.com is an awesome site and it’s a must see." We know it’s a very fine line. However, we think you understand what we mean.

basiclly what your asking is fine. but if you come here and post HEY GUYS!! CHECK OUT http://www.va-dolphans.com its awesome for all the VA FANS!!! then thats not allowed.

if you want to post Nfldraftcountdown has us taking cutler in the 1st round check it out at http://nfldraftcountdown.com I think we should bla bla blah thats fine.

does that make sence?

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
So basically, don't just pimp another site. Link to it if it has something newsworthy.

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
So basically, don't just pimp another site. Link to it if it has something newsworthy.

:yes:

Rocky Raccoon
02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
maybe you could clarify the linking of other fan web sites and all that, i dont get that part. are you saying that if i read something on another site that i cant put on this one? and what exactly do you mean about "quotes in your sig" exactly? if you have time let me know thanks.
You can't quote other members in your sig to make fun of them...

so if you said something like "the Jets are the best team in the NFL" I couldn't quote that in my sig (although I would be tempted :chuckle:) because it would be calling you out in a disrespectful way.I think:hmmm:

Philter25
02-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Thank you for clarifying.

LOCAL SCUM!
02-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Everybody CLEAN UP THEM POTTY MOUTHS!

LOCAL SCUM!
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Finheaven Rules.

Ruderic
02-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Huh?

txmedic5
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
thats great stuff man, i would be tempted to put that in as well, along with buffalo, ne and the rest of the NFL....THERE IS ONLY ONE FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NFL....and hey, you can quote me on that!

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 12:23 PM
You can't quote other members in your sig to make fun of them...

so if you said something like "the Jets are the best team in the NFL" I couldn't quote that in my sig (although I would be tempted :chuckle:) because it would be calling you out in a disrespectful way.I think:hmmm:

I remember one sig in particular that illustrated this perfectly. It started by saying something to the effect of: "The Buffalo educational system at work" then quoted a Bills fan using horrible grammar, spelling and word choice.

Phinz4Life
02-09-2006, 12:23 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/bb-1.jpg

Ducken
02-09-2006, 12:29 PM

AT the hunting site I am a mod. at we allow you to post links to other sites if it is pertinant to the conversation, and is needed to make a point or back up some facts. I would have to believe that is also the case here. If not then they are being a little to strick over something that is not tring to take members away, but by being that strict will drive members away.

Phin-o-rama
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
omfg this is awesome!

ILPhinFan88
02-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Well the way I see it is we all agree about some rules and disagree about others we like some and don't like others or understand them, but there is really nothing we as individuals can do about it. There are just too many members to please all. I have my own prblems with this site and the way things are handled, but at the same time I undestand as with anything there is give and take.

I love this site and I want to reamain a member, sometimes I have to hold myself back because I know I may get in trouble if I cross the line. It's just not worth the trouble I may get into if I do cross the line. I read the warning system rules and undestand them. I may not agree with all of them, but at the same time others might. So with a site this big this will always be the case. It's basically, you're damaned if you do and you're damned if you don't for the Mods and Admin. They won't be able to please everyone.

I have been to other football sites and I am a member of some, I have to say this is the largest site I have been to. I don't know if there are sites as large or larger, but this one is pretty big. I do like the fact that insults of any kind are not allowed. Sometimes it's hard to move on without insults especially when you get into a heated debate, but in the end it makes for a more mature site. It also eliminates trolls that are just out to argue about everything.

I think the reason this site is what it is ,is because of the planning and foresight used by the mods and Admin. here. I kind of enjoy the fact that my team has one of the best football sites on the planet. I also love having some very knowledable members such as Boomer and CK giving their vast knowledge of football and it's very appreciated!! I could name about 10 more members because there is plenty of football knowledge here. Enjoy this site folks it's a great one. Remember if you're an adult and take that attitude before posting you should never find yourself on the wrong side of the warning meter!! JMO.

Well said, I love this sight and this is will be good for the future. It's just hard to make everyone happy, now people are thinking things are being taken away from them. Any new member who comes along will be like, OK these are the rules, and will enjoy the Dolphins with us. Once the new wears off of the rules no one will think anything of it, just like the previous new/enforcement of the sig/avy rules.

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Ok...
Here's the scoop folks.
This is based on rules that have been a part of the TOS for quite some time now. If you've not read the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up, perhaps now would be a good time to do so..... you can find it here:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=1655

Also... this is only to make our jobs easier. In fact, it makes things less "harsh" for you all as well... for instance, instead of getting banned for 24 hrs with a first or second offense of a personal attack...you get warning points, that have the ability to expire after a period of time.
For those who say "you should be warned before getting points" .... ummm...that's what this is...a WARNING system... you getting points = you being warned.
To answer someone's question...no...bolding text in someone's quote is not something we even look at...it's changing the context of the quote.
As for quoting other people in your sig...why is it not obvoius as to why that's against TOS? It's a personal attack..a deliberate attempt to ridicule someone else. period.
Seriously folks...these rules have been here... some have been ammended over time... but there's nothing new about them.

BALLS DEEP
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't see this meter. Please define circumventing the profanity filter.

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM

@ss or @$$ B!tch or FuK or anything.. Common Sence

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM

great now I got to go warn myself! :wink:

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 01:08 PM

circumventing the profanity filter = subsituting characters for letters in order to "fool" the profanity filter from doing this: ****

txmedic5
02-09-2006, 01:10 PM
3 times too. and i find common sense annoying....;)

SpurzN703
02-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Can we ban Pats/Jets/Bills fans too? :)

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 01:13 PM
3 times too. and i find common sense annoying....;)

I find the lack of it Annoying :wink:

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't see this meter.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

you don't?

BALLS DEEP
02-09-2006, 01:24 PM

$@#%$! (Not a word!) I do that ALL the time. I had no idea. And, no I haven't read the full TOS. If i did that on every website I use for business and hobbies I'd need to live another 80 years just to read them.

So, I can't retalliate, curse, or even offer a pithy retort in most cases? I'm amazed I haven't been banned 10 X over by now. I must be doing something right! :lol:

I still don't see this meter that the thread was created to tell us about.

dolphinsjayshaw
02-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Personally......i'm glad to see it...keep up the good work guys

BALLS DEEP
02-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Mod Edit: Your Wish has been granted

Ah there's the meter. I have a 0? F@cking amazing - Give me one warning at least. My reps about to suffer!

20%? I was doing it just as a goof. I thought it was 4 %! Can someone give me a reduced sentence?

Mile High Fin
02-09-2006, 01:30 PM
I like the new warning point system...

Nicely done mods/admin!

It's a great way to be uniform, and provide warnings before bans...

PhinstiGator
02-09-2006, 01:31 PM
The warning meter is cool. However, my meter is likely to see nary a point.

txmedic5
02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
i think the problem is that alot of people dont understand the definition of common sense....therefore they dont have the tools to utilize it.

KevInMotion
02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
so we have to take out our quotes in our signatures??? alright...............

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
so we have to take out our quotes in our signatures??? alright...............

Only if you're quoting another member to "show the world how stupid they are."

GRAPEAPE
02-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Daddy Likes! I guess NJ should stop telling people to PM a certain MOD 6x under my name now. :wink:
I like The new system it should work well.

DrAstroZoom
Only if you're quoting another member to "show the world how stupid they are."

Get me ... I'm acting like a mod. Sorry, mods.

WharfRat
$@#%$! (Not a word!)

Correct...that's not a word, and is fine... it's when it's an obvoius manipulation of characters to slip a word by (as MindWarp pointed out) that is objectionable... people have been getting warned and banned for this for over two years...it's nothing new.

I still don't see this meter that the thread was created to tell us about.
Did you see the screen shot of my post directly above yours? See the red circle at the bottom? There it is! :D

pithy retorts generally won't get you in trouble... unless it's blatantly insulting and demeaning.

Like I said...the rules themselves have not changed... the only change here is how we go about enforcing them.

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Uh oh, I think I found an example of an "annoying" post. Or at the very least ... confusing.

Huh? (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2031117&postcount=4)

:lol:

Don't nobody go slappin' no points on Disgustipate, now.

BALLS DEEP
02-09-2006, 01:41 PM
20%? I was doing it just as a goof. I thought it was 4 %! Can someone give me a reduced sentence?

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 01:43 PM

:lol: 10 points get you a ban so its 10% a point. you hit a 2 point infraction :wink: I drop you down this time only

02-09-2006, 02:00 PM
:lol: 10 points get you a ban so its 10% a point. you hit a 2 point infraction :wink: I drop you down this time only

Finheaven Po Po.....oh well.....nothing you can do...the powers that be...will decide your fate.

Philter25
02-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I remember one sig in particular that illustrated this perfectly. It started by saying something to the effect of: "The Buffalo educational system at work" then quoted a Bills fan using horrible grammar, spelling and word choice. :yes:

That was a sweet sig I had awhile back on Bill.

MNFINFAN
02-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Bloody nora, do I get points for that? What about arse and the american way of spelling it, also if I am talking about a donkey and call it an A.S.S. why does it get blocked when that is a legitimate term? Can I say effing, frigging, or have I just banned myself for saying too many profane words? Does anyone even really care. So I can quote someone's post only if it makes them feel good,but if someone has obviously been a dumbarse and posted a ****ing useless post I cannot quote them as it might hurt their feelings? What are we in PC land?

Oh well it doesn't matter as I don't post much anyway, I just hate being told what I can and cannot do and not being allowed to use judgement, just a shame that people cannot self regulate themselves to keep this board clean.

MikeO
02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Uh oh, I think I found an example of an "annoying" post. Or at the very least ... confusing.

Huh? (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2031117&postcount=4)

Don't nobody go slappin' no points on Disgustipate, now.

So, that means no more WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posts before games next year right? That would be an "annoying" post! If the link to he post you provided above is considered annoying, then so would that correct?

Personally, I think this isn't needed. The MODS should just use commen sense. I hope the MODS don't start going out of their way now looking for ticky tack violations to just tack points onto people's score, which I fear some mods (not all) will start to do.

02-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Bloody nora, do I get points for that? What about arse and the american way of spelling it, also if I am talking about a donkey and call it an A.S.S. why does it get blocked when that is a legitimate term? Can I say effing, frigging, or have I just banned myself for saying too many profane words? Does anyone even really care. So I can quote someone's post only if it makes them feel good,but if someone has obviously been a dumbarse and posted a ****ing useless post I cannot quote them as it might hurt their feelings? What are we in PC land?

Oh well it doesn't matter as I don't post much anyway, I just hate being told what I can and cannot do and not being allowed to use judgement, just a shame that people cannot self regulate themselves to keep this board clean.

:yeahthat:

greatwade
02-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I think Wayne might have a problem with Infins' avatar. Not very nice at all.
I'd forward it, but he'd think I made it.

I can still call them Jills fans, right?

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
, just a shame that people cannot self regulate themselves to keep this board clean.

that's the gist of it...really.

Anyway...as stated...the rules themselves are nothing new....just the little meter on your post.

Denverfinfan
02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Let's see what level I'm at

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 02:39 PM
So, that means no more WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posts before games next year right? That would be an "annoying" post! If the link to he post you provided above is considered annoying, then so would that correct?

Personally, I think this isn't needed. The MODS should just use commen sense. I hope the MODS don't start going out of their way now looking for ticky tack violations to just tack points onto people's score, which I fear some mods (not all) will start to do.

What part of "the rules themselves haven't changed at all" don't you get?

cnc66
02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
great job men, I can only wonder the discussion and installation agravations that occured in order to put this into action. I applaude your efforts at even handedness. I am VERY glad that there will be consequences for all the "I know this is in the wrong forum but..." threads.

MikeO
02-09-2006, 02:47 PM
What part of "the rules themselves haven't changed at all" don't you get?

LOL...settle down sparky!

I just voiced my opinion on the matter. I think by adding a "scoreboard" to the rules and violations it is just a matter of time before it turns into a disaster. I won't get into "WHY" because 1) it won't change anything and 2) nobody cares what I think about this.

I'm not worried because believe it or not, I don't break the rules around here! I don't have posts removed or anything. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter.

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM

I just voiced my opinion on the matter. I think by adding a "scoreboard" to the rules and violations it is just a matter of time before it turns into a disaster. I won't get into "WHY" because 1) it won't change anything and 2) nobody cares what I think about this.

I'm not worried because believe it or not, I don't break the rules around here! I don't have posts removed or anything. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter.

So, Mike ... you're saying the TOS violation meter is great ... for you to POOP on? :lol: :escape:

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 03:21 PM

I'm perfectly calm! :cooldude:

the "scoreboard" as you call it, will only be seen by the user in question, and the staff... ie you can't see Philter's "scoreboard" and he can't see yours.
We kept tabs on users before...only the system was awkward, this is much easier for us to track. ;)

Sauceman
02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Neat stuff...

(honestly, i'm just replying so I can see my own warning meter :D)

But still neat!

newlownorder
02-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Ok so the warning meter is for our eyes only, other members can't view it? Is it just the mods. that can see your meter?

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Ok so the warning meter is for our eyes only, other members can't view it? Is it just the mods. that can see your meter?

yes.

greatwade
02-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm intrigued by the idea of a scoreboard for the biggest prick posters.

Like a real time thing.

twanderer
02-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I though that the reason for the premier membership was to avoid all of these things that us average joe's put up. I plan on signing up for the premier as well, wait how do I do that again?

bigchub22
02-09-2006, 03:34 PM
i agree with some of it disagree with some of it overall i dont give a poop (notice i did not curse) works for me

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Premium is by Invitation only. VIP you can sign up for

Geauxfins
02-09-2006, 04:04 PM
ok

sphincter
02-09-2006, 04:33 PM
No wonder I don't post very often.

Mindwarp
02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
No wonder I don't post very often.

because you have trouble following rules? :hmmm:

FinNasty
02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
What about like f*** or s*** or f'ing? is that circumventing?

Prime
02-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Cool stuff mods. It would be a pain if everybody can see each others.

HelloMotto
02-09-2006, 06:00 PM

Anyway, here they are...

First Offense:
Personal Attack - 4pts
Sig Size - 1pt
Annoyance - 3pts
Quoted text in sig - 1pt
Multiple username - 2pts

Thank You,

FinHeaven Staff

if i was to say " blah blah blah " to this post. Did i earn any points?

welderpat
02-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Don't spend it all in one place. - inFINS

For the one about altering quotes that one is real easy.
In a thread I quoted some one and I thought I could add a line in the middle and it wouldnt be hilighted in green,I was wrong. The guy I quoted pointed it out in a reply, I went back and looked at it he was obviously right.
So I deleted that post and put in a post with a mention that I had deleted the post and that the guy was right. It was no big deal.I don't even remember who the other poster was.
I am sure that if the same thing was to happen todaay and be corrected in the same way by the people involved than the mod squad would take a hands off aproach.

By the way when infins became a mod I called him "modertater" can I get a point for that?

PLEASE

nopony
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Awesome.

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
What about like f*** or s*** or f'ing? is that circumventing?

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
The warning meter is cool. However, my meter is likely to see nary a point.
Exactly, if you haven't been in trouble before, you won't be in trouble now. there isn't one single new rule there.

As for posting in the wrong forum, give us a little credit here. We aren't going to give points for newbies who accidently post in the wrong forum, and we may or may not give points for people accidently posting in the wrong forum.....we'll mainly just move stuff like we always do.....BUT.....as is sometimes the case, we end up having to move the same persons threads over and over again....when that happens we now have a way to SHOW them that they are in danger of being banned rather than just springing it on them after we move 3 or 4 threads.

You guys aren't going to notice any difference other than you're going to have a better idea of where you stand.....The bad posters will get banned as usual and the good posters won't even know the warning system is there.

HelloMotto
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM

Anyway, here they are...

First Offense:
Personal Attack - 4pts
Sig Size - 1pt
Annoyance - 3pts
Quoted text in sig - 1pt
Multiple username - 2pts

Thank You,

FinHeaven Staff

First Offense:
Personal Attack - 4pts
Sig Size - 1pt
Annoyance - 3pts
Quoted text in sig - 1pt
Multiple username - 2pts

equals rediculous. how many points?

fear-the-d
02-09-2006, 06:19 PM
how would you define inapropriate sig/aviator? for example chuck norris? is he inapropriate?

FinNasty
02-09-2006, 06:19 PM

wow really? I understand things like @$$... but f'ing shouldnt be considered circumventing...

FinaciousOne
02-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Everyone should be thankful the staff doesn't hire off-season NFL refs to monitor the board. With their hair-triggerrs, we'd be covered in yellow.

BigBrainOnBrett
02-09-2006, 06:21 PM
So, Mike ... you're saying the TOS violation meter is great ... for you to POOP on? :lol: :escape:

:sidelol:

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 06:22 PM
how would you define inapropriate sig/aviator? for example chuck norris? is he inapropriate?

Chuck Norris is an inappropriate aviator unless he has sufficient hours of solo flight experience and a pilot's license valid in the state of Florida.

islandah
02-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't know, I'm still struggling with InFins being the Man. I guess resistance really is futile.

miamikid92
02-09-2006, 06:29 PM
what does the annoyance part exactly mean? getting into an arguement with someone? because i know i can be annoying

fishfan34
02-09-2006, 06:30 PM

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
what does the annoyance part exactly mean? getting into an arguement with someone? because i know i can be annoying

I don't think we've quite figured that one out, kid. I'm going to go view the TOS to see if I can find appropriate wisdom.

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't know, I'm still struggling with InFins being the Man. I guess resistance really is futile.
:assimilat

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Holy crap -- reading IS fundamental!

Annoyance
Individuals who detract from the site through ongoing incivility, immaturity, and/or disrespect for the contributions and responsibilities of others may be afforded maximal opportunities to spend their time elsewhere.

nopony
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Bottom line, to me, is that someone new here could accidently break all of the spefic, shouldn't be expected to know better rules and still not get a time-out.

Couple that with the fact that I don't see any reason that the staff is going to suddenly become unreasonable. I don't really see a problem.

The only one I think is likely to earn people time-outs regularly is personal attacks... and it still gives us a chance to be reminded that we are getting too personal in the heat of an argument and cool down. A moderator suggested that I take an argument to PM once, and I took the hint and just stopped. It wasn't hard. At all. And so I didn't get banned. Which was nice.

It's all pretty simple, really. And I think most of the objections are coming from a pretty standard defiance-of-any-rules psychology.

And think what a better place this would be if the rules were actually followed. Even the ones that bug you.

For example: People post draft stuff in the Dolphins main section all the time. Why? because that's where the most people are. BUT. If the draft section were the ONLY place to discuss the draft... more people would spend time in there.

steeda
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Seriously, this has to be the most ridiculious set of rules I have ever seen on an internet messageboard. Quoting someone in your sig gets you points?? Man I really love the Dolphins and this site as well but I think this taking it too far. And what's to stop someone from registering another username when they are banned? All you gotta do is change your IP and you can start posting again.

I feel that this will make the mods work even harder while they try to police this messageboard with all of their rules.

*Heavy sigh*

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Holy crap -- reading IS fundamental!
Amazing, isn't it! :lol:

It's been there for almost a year now.

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Seriously, this has to be the most ridiculious set of rules I have ever seen on an internet messageboard. Quoting someone in your sig gets you points?? Man I really love the Dolphins and this site as well but I think this taking it too far. And what's to stop someone from registering another username when they are banned? All you gotta do is change your IP and you can start posting again.

I feel that this will make the mods work even harder while they try to police this messageboard with all of their rules.

*Heavy sigh*

I think we've pretty well established this refers only to quoting someone else as a means of personal attack. Mods?

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 06:41 PM

*Heavy sigh*
That's an ironic quote you have under your user name...:chuckle:

Quoting someone in your sig with the intention of mocking them is what we are trying to avoid....quoting someone in your sig as a tribute to a great quote will be fine, and even encouraged. It's not too hard to understand that is it?

None of these rules are new, we have always enforced them. In reality we'll have less work to do.

islandah
02-09-2006, 06:41 PM
:assimilat

Oh, now that is just sad. Live long and prosper, my man. I mean, Sir.

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Bottom line, to me, is that someone new here could accidently break all of the spefic, shouldn't be expected to know better rules and still not get a time-out.

Couple that with the fact that I don't see any reason that the staff is going to suddenly become unreasonable. I don't really see a problem.

The only one I think is likely to earn people time-outs regularly is personal attacks... and it still gives us a chance to be reminded that we are getting too personal in the heat of an argument and cool down. A moderator suggested that I take an argument to PM once, and I took the hint and just stopped. It wasn't hard. At all. And so I didn't get banned. Which was nice.

It's all pretty simple, really. And I think most of the objections are coming from a pretty standard defiance-of-any-rules psychology.

And think what a better place this would be if the rules were actually followed. Even the ones that bug you.

For example: People post draft stuff in the Dolphins main section all the time. Why? because that's where the most people are. BUT. If the draft section were the ONLY place to discuss the draft... more people would spend time in there.

Thank you for getting it. :)

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh, now that is just sad. Live long and prosper, my man. I mean, Sir.

welderpat
02-09-2006, 07:02 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/warn.php?do=view&user=2084

welderpat
02-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey infins,
Could you post a list of unacceptable words just so we are all clear on them?
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

FinNasty
02-09-2006, 07:08 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/warn.php?do=view&user=2084

what is that link for? It says I cant view it...

dolphan117
02-09-2006, 07:09 PM
The only thing that I have a little problem with is the quotes in the sig. I think sometimes when someone says something really dumb they deserve to be reminded of it. I once had a quote in my sig of a user who said (on a Bills fan board and later here as well) that he decided years ago that the Dolphins would never win a SB in his lifetime. I took exception to that attitude and put the quote in my sig for about two weeks. I understand you guys are trying to cut down on personal attacks but it would seem that reminding someone what they themselves said is less a personal attack than a reminder of what they said. I mean its not like you are actually saying anything bad about them, they are doing that all on their own.
I whole heartedly agree with the rest though. :up:

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey infins,
Could you post a list of unacceptable words just so we are all clear on them?
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:
Ask this guy....

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/geocarlin-1.jpg

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 07:16 PM
The only thing that I have a little problem with is the quotes in the sig. I think sometimes when someone says something really dumb they deserve to be reminded of it. I once had a quote in my sig of a user who said (on a Bills fan board and later here as well) that he decided years ago that the Dolphins would never win a SB in his lifetime. I took exception to that attitude and put the quote in my sig for about two weeks. I understand you guys are trying to cut down on personal attacks but it would seem that reminding someone what they themselves said is less a personal attack than a reminder of what they said. I mean its not like you are actually saying anything bad about them, they are doing that all on their own.
I whole heartedly agree with the rest though. :up:
It's the intention that is wrong. When you do that, your intention is too remind this person about what they said....okay but, WHY are you reminding this person about what they said? It's to remind them that you think they're ignorant or stupid... It's a form of ridicule and we won't allow it.

So, you're going to have to wholeheartedly agree with that one too. :wink:

dolphan117
02-09-2006, 07:20 PM
It's the intention that is wrong. When you do that, your intention is too remind this person about what they said....okay but, WHY are you reminding this person about what they said? It's to remind them that you think they're ignorant or stupid... It's a form of ridicule and we won't allow it.

So, you're going to have to wholeheartedly agree with that one too. :wink:I guess it makes sense when you put it that way. :wink:

armyfinfan
02-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Some of these rules are just obsurd. Annoyance??? What qualifies as annoyance? If you dont agree with me but I continue to argue my point is that annoyance??? Posting in the wrong forum gets you penalized. Lighten up. Its not that big a deal that you should be penalized. If you mods dont like doing all the work involved why dont you quit and let someone else do the work cause some of those rules are just STUPID. I love this site and appreciate all the work that you guys do but at the same time some things like posting in the wrong forum are just not that big a deal get over it.

nopony
02-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Some of these rules are just obsurd. Annoyance??? What qualifies as annoyance? If you dont agree with me but I continue to argue my point is that annoyance??? Posting in the wrong forum gets you penalized. Lighten up. Its not that big a deal that you should be penalized. If you mods dont like doing all the work involved why dont you quit and let someone else do the work cause some of those rules are just STUPID. I love this site and appreciate all the work that you guys do but at the same time some things like posting in the wrong forum are just not that big a deal get over it.

Or, and this is just a suggestion, kind of a crazy, out-there, wild goose of an idea... you could just post in the right forum and not get penalized.

armyfinfan
02-09-2006, 07:30 PM

So, you're going to have to wholeheartedly agree with that one too. :wink:

Your going way to far. Basically you are banning Sarcasm. What ever happened to freedom of speech.

If I was reminding someone of something they said maybe its cause I want to prove them wrong and not because I think they are stupid or ignorant. Why should you determine what someone might be trying to say. If the Dolphins win the SB next year and I wanted to put the Quote of the person who said they would never win one in my sig just to gloat is that saying I think someone is ignorant or stupid?

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Some of these rules are just obsurd. Annoyance??? .What qualifies as annoyance? If you dont agree with me but I continue to argue my point is that annoyance???The TOS, had you bothered to read it, clearly spells out what annoyance is.
Posting in the wrong forum gets you penalized. Lighten up. Its not that big a deal that you should be penalized. If you mods dont like doing all the work involved why dont you quit and let someone else do the work cause some of those rules are just STUPID. I love this site and appreciate all the work that you guys do but at the same time some things like posting in the wrong forum are just not that big a deal get over it.

Posting in the wrong forum IS a big deal when the same person does it over and over again. Again, had you bothered to read this thread, we've already clarified this issue.

We appreciate you taking the time to express your disdain for our rules, we regretfully inform you that we cannot accomodate your request to "get over it". If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to "get over it" yourself.

armyfinfan
02-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Or, and this is just a suggestion, kind of a crazy, out-there, wild goose of an idea... you could just post in the right forum and not get penalized.

Or it could be a mistake. Is it really that big a deal to be penalized? IMO thats going to far. Some people dont spend alot of time on here and might not know where to post something. All the profesionals on here are making it hard for the rookies to enjoy themselves for fear they might be ridiculed for posting in the wrong forum

dolphan117
02-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Or, and this is just a suggestion, kind of a crazy, out-there, wild goose of an idea... you could just post in the right forum and not get penalized.:yes: I find it madning to see all these draft threads on the main page, especialy when they start out by saying "I know this is in the wrong forum but......" It dosnt seem to hard to figure out that draft threads should be posted in the "Draft forum" The name kinda explains itself.

nopony
02-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Or it could be a mistake. Is it really that big a deal to be penalized? IMO thats going to far. Some people dont spend alot of time on here and might not know where to post something. All the profesionals on here are making it hard for the rookies to enjoy themselves for fear they might be ridiculed for posting in the wrong forum

If it is a "mistake", then you won't have anything to worry about because a) the mods are reasonable and b) you would have to make the same mistake over and over to actually get a time-out.

Your going way to far. Basically you are banning Sarcasm. What ever happened to freedom of speech

There is no freedom of speech on a private internet message board. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. it doesn't apply.

It is so not hard to follow these rules. the only way you get banned is if you are trying to.

armyfinfan
The TOS, had you bothered to read it, clearly spells out what annoyance is.

Posting in the wrong forum IS a big deal when the same person does it over and over again. Again, had you bothered to read this thread, we've already clarified this issue.

We appreciate you taking the time to express your disdain for our rules, we regretfully inform you that we cannot accomodate your request to "get over it". If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to "get over it" yourself.

I cant spend hours on here a night like you can so no I cannot read 130 something posts. However since you spend so much time on here it obvioulsy bothers you. You arent the only type of person to come on here so I cant see why you cant get over it. And if the same person does that why dont you explain that to them instead of penalizing everyone. If I post in the wrong spot I dont want to punished like a little kid for a mistake. If I did it over and over again than I can see but otherwise its like your treating everyone like children.

cnc66
:yes: I find it madning to see all these draft threads on the main page, especialy when they start out by saying "I know this is in the wrong forum but......" It dosnt seem to hard to figure out that draft threads should be posted in the "Draft forum" The name kinda explains itself.

exactly

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 07:37 PM
We will use our descretionary powers to assure that people aren't penalized for an honest mistake.

NaboCane
02-09-2006, 07:38 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/lol4yr-1.jpg

sphincter
02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
because you have trouble following rules? :hmmm:Yeah that's it. Is this Russia Danny??.

inFINSible
I cant spend hours on here a night like you can so no I cannot read 130 something posts. However since you spend so much time on here it obvioulsy bothers you. You arent the only type of person to come on here so I cant see why you cant get over it. And if the same person does that why dont you explain that to them instead of penalizing everyone. If I post in the wrong spot I dont want to punished like a little kid for a mistake. If I did it over and over again than I can see but otherwise its like your treating everyone like children.
First, see post #154.

Second, these aren't my personal rules. These are FinHeaven rules...this has nothing to do with me or, what I like or don't like.

armyfinfan
If it is a "mistake", then you won't have anything to worry about because a) the mods are reasonable and b) you would have to make the same mistake over and over to actually get a time-out.

There is no freedom of speech on a private internet message board. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. it doesn't apply.

It is so not hard to follow these rules. the only way you get banned is if you are trying to.

I dont need to be treated like a kid and be penalized for something on here for something that as harmless as posting in the wrong forum. Im an adult and all I need is someone to tell me hey post that over there. Not Hey wrong forum you are now penalized 2 points. Childish

Shouright
02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Personal Attack - 4ptsI'm glad this one carries the heaviest fine.

It's really just not necessary to attack someone personally here. I can honestly say that in over 3,500 posts I haven't done it once, and believe me, in response to some of the attacks I've gotten, I sure have felt like it. ;)

nopony
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
:yes: I find it madning to see all these draft threads on the main page, especialy when they start out by saying "I know this is in the wrong forum but......" It dosnt seem to hard to figure out that draft threads should be posted in the "Draft forum" The name kinda explains itself.

Exactly! I was actually going to mention that. They should add one more thing to the penalty list.

An automatic 10 points to any person who starts a thread in the wrong forumm by saying " I know this the wrong forum."

Man, the mods on here are so reasonable. i like that they don't all share the same opinions and I like that I have never felt that I wasn't allowed to argue with one of them over a football issue - and I have, often. (some of them like Gus! Madness! :wink: )

armyfinfan
02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
First, see post #154.

Second, these aren't my personal rules. These are FinHeaven rules...this has nothing to do with me or, what I like or don't like.

Im dont mean to come off like these are your personal rules I understand they are Finheaven's rules. Some of these rules are being taken to far.

byroan
02-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Man, the mods on here are so reasonable. i like that they don't all share the same opinions and I like that I have never felt that I wasn't allowed to argue with one of them over a football issue - and I have, often. (some of them like Gus! Madness! :wink: )

:couch:

:D

armyfinfan
02-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Exactly! I was actually going to mention that. They should add one more thing to the penalty list.

An automatic 10 points to any person who starts a thread in the wrong forumm by saying " I know this the wrong forum."

Well maybe now you wont be allowed to argue because the person your arguing with might think your annoying. Penalty 2 points

nopony
02-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I dont need to be treated like a kid and be penalized for something on here for something that as harmless as posting in the wrong forum. Im an adult and all I need is someone to tell me hey post that over there. Not Hey wrong forum you are now penalized 2 points. Childish

I think that's at the heart of the issue here. You feel like it is "childish" to have rules. The opposite is true. It's childish to flaunt authority because you resent it. In all the message boards I have ever been to I have found ONE that was too restrictive. One. And it sure as heck wasn't Finheaven.

Think of finheaven as any other place, a movie theater, a restaraunt, a library, whatever. All of those places have their own rules. You learn them and follow them or don't play there.

And the bottome line is that if all these rules were followed? The site would only get better.

dolphan117
02-09-2006, 07:49 PM
As long as you keep your nose clean the 2 points wouldnt get you banned anyway. The nice thing about the way this is set up is that you wont get banned unless you refuse to learn and just keep breaking the rules.

NaboCane
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM

You're making our case for us.

With the warning system, if you post in the wrong forum by honest mistake, you wouldn't have any points because you'd never have made that mistake before. Therefore you wouldn't get any points then, prob just a verbal warning in the post.

In fact, conceivably you might get away with as many violations in that manner as we have Moderators and Admins, since with a verbal there'd be no written record.

Of course, if you're an inconsiderate jerk who only comes here to cause trouble and do whatever pleases him, to the exclusion of the rest of the site and its management - you know, its management, the ones who make it possible for you to even log on every day - then you'll eventually get precisely what you deserve.

And believe me when I say this - every member of this community who follows the rules - and they outnumber the ones who don't by a ratio of 100 to 1 - is rooting for every inconsiderate jerk to get themselves banned from here so that we can all get on with discussing our favorite team instead of listening to the jerks' inconsiderate whining. They won't be missed.

Shouright
02-09-2006, 07:52 PM
And believe me when I say this - every member of this community who follows the rules - and they outnumber the ones who don't by a ratio of 100 to 1 - is rooting for every inconsiderate jerk to get themselves banned from here so that we can all get on with discussing our favorite team instead of listening to the jerks' inconsiderate whining. They won't be missed.Truer words were never spoken.

That's why rules exist -- to protect the innocent. Everybody who feels like this is a straitjacket on them needs to remember that. Follow the rules, you're fine -- and protected.

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 07:53 PM
As long as you keep your nose clean the 2 points wouldnt get you banned anyway. The nice thing about the way this is set up is that you wont get banned unless you refuse to learn and just keep breaking the rules.
Hello!!! Thank you. :D

NCDolphan
02-09-2006, 07:53 PM
No problem. I think the rules will weed out the people who want to do nothing but argue, and don't know how read before they post. Everybody is entitled to a mistake sometime, but it will only enhance the site.

dolphan117
02-09-2006, 07:55 PM
And believe me when I say this - every member of this community who follows the rules - and they outnumber the ones who don't by a ratio of 100 to 1 - is rooting for every inconsiderate jerk to get themselves banned from here so that we can all get on with discussing our favorite team instead of listening to the jerks' inconsiderate whining. They won't be missed.
:yes: Also with the "dont edit the text" rule is it ok to do what I just did by cuting out the parts of the post I am not responding to or did I just earn points? :lol:

nopony
02-09-2006, 08:00 PM
:couch:

People unhappy with these rules should just be grateful that I am not a mod. I'd be terrible at it. Worst. Mod. Ever.

I would have a BanGun on each hip, safeties off and hammer back. i would wander from thread to thread looking for trouble, a Daryl Gardner-sized chip on my shoulder...

"I think we should trade Reggie Howard for Detroit's draft pick. Thoughts?"

Yes. here's my thought: BANNED!

"NEWS FLASH! Marino coming back...(in my dream last night)"

Oh, yeah? Maybe he can save you from this: BANNED!

"Gus was really good last year if you take away all his bad games and incompletions!"

And you'd still be a member here if you took away this: BANNED!

"Which Dolphin do you think would look best in a Speedo?"

POW! BANNED!

"Pro Football talk says-"

BANNED!

Just get down on your hands and knees and thank your chosen God that you have the mods you have.

inFINSible
:yes: Also with the "dont edit the text" rule is it ok to do what I just did by cuting out the parts of the post I am not responding to or did I just earn points? :lol:
That's fine, just don't change someone's words.

armyfinfan
No problem. I think the rules will weed out the people who want to do nothing but argue, and don't know how read before they post. Everybody is entitled to a mistake sometime, but it will only enhance the site.

I think alot of the arguing going on is just disussion a debate. If someone was arguing with you or annoying you isnt that what the ignore function is for. I think people know how to read before they post I just think if they feel strongly about something then they dont want to read through everyone else's opinion to find out if their opinion was expressed. So if somebody read something and wanted to respond they might just reply to the thread without reading the other 50 post's. Is that so bad?

rainmaker1313
02-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey, Why dont you all just lets see how it goes! These guys (moderators) put alot of time and effort in this site. If it makes it easier for them, so be it. It isnt written in stone, I am sure they will weed out the bad things about it as time goes on.
If you are a responsible poster, you havent much to worry about.

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 08:02 PM

People unhappy with these rules should just be grateful that I am not a mod. I'd be terrible at it. Worst. Mod. Ever.

I would have a BanGun on each hip, safeties off and hammer back. i would wander from thread to thread looking for trouble, a Daryl Gardner-sized chip on my shoulder...

"Gus was really good last year if you take away all his bad games and incompletions!"

POW! BANNED!

BANNED!

Just get down on your hands and knees and thank your chosen God that you have the mods you have.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

armyfinfan
02-09-2006, 08:04 PM

POW! BANNED!

BANNED!

You want to ban people for being stupid. Maybe they just arent as smart as you. It doesnt make you any better than somebody because you dont post stupid trade ideas. Its not realistic to ban anyone for just being stupid. If you were the mod on this site the site wouldnt even be here anymore.

dolphan117
02-09-2006, 08:05 PM
That's fine, just don't change someone's words.
:up:

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 08:05 PM
I think alot of the arguing going on is just disussion a debate. If someone was arguing with you or annoying you isnt that what the ignore function is for. I think people know how to read before they post I just think if they feel strongly about something then they dont want to read through everyone else's opinion to find out if their opinion was expressed. So if somebody read something and wanted to respond they might just reply to the thread without reading the other 50 post's. Is that so bad?
No, have at it but, don't be surprised if you get no responses.

Read rule 12 in the TOS before you continue your uninformed attack on the term "annoyance".

nopony
02-09-2006, 08:08 PM
You want to ban people for being stupid. Maybe they just arent as smart as you. It doesnt make you any better than somebody because you dont post stupid trade ideas. Its not realistic to ban anyone for just being stupid. If you were the mod on this site the site wouldnt even be here anymore.

It was a joke.

steeda
02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
I think we've pretty well established this refers only to quoting someone else as a means of personal attack. Mods?

Sorry, but i didnt have time to read through all 9 pages of this thread, and I do agree about the personal attack quotes, for a minute there i thought it was all quotes and you had jumped off the deep end. :wink:

EDIT: Hey I got one question about how this point system works. It's stated that points will decay over time periods of 30, 60, and 90 days for each offense. But each offense is worth a diff amount of points. Do all the points for the offense come off after that period of time, regardless of how many points the offense was??

welderpat
02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
I have a valid question.
What about personal attacks,and prfanity in the smack forum?
I realy love telling bills fans that theyre only purpose on this planet is to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide so the trees can live.
:wpat:

BrazForPhins
02-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey, Why dont you all just lets see how it goes! These guys (moderators) put alot of time and effort in this site. If it makes it easier for them, so be it. It isnt written in stone, I am sure they will weed out the bad things about it as time goes on.
If you are a responsible poster, you havent much to worry about.

:yeahthat:

I like this system. And if it's to help the mods/admins, so then be it.
Finheaven makes me so close to the fins, u can't imagine how grateful I am to this site, it's so much work you guys put on it..
I'm becoming a VIP as soon as I can, probably next month, to help this thing keep going on with quality. It's well deserved.
:dolphins:

Whitedolphin54
02-09-2006, 08:28 PM
I have a valid question.
I realy love telling bills fans that theyre only purpose on this planet is to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide so the trees can live.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

igor79
02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
why is quoting in your signature against TOS?

dolphan117
02-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Try page 10 post 143, I had the same question. :wink:

retired opfinistic
02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I guess I can't do my 'Hall of Shame" sig next season. :boohoo:

Oh well.

I feel like the Federal Government took over Finheaven.

:tongue:

Whitedolphin54
02-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Infinsible I appreciate what you are doing , but get a grip, most of us are not University Graduates

retired opfinistic
02-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Can we have the option to show our Ban-o-meter?

cnc66
02-09-2006, 09:08 PM
I guess I can't do my 'Hall of Shame" sig next season. :boohoo:

Oh well.

I feel like the Federal Government took over Finheaven.

:tongue:

still kinda handy for the occasional post

Jt0323
02-09-2006, 09:14 PM
i like the rules, good job with them

ZOD
02-09-2006, 09:24 PM

Dude you just don't know.

People should use the various forums just to have a decent conversation. I think most would be surprised to find the quality of the conversation with a manageable amount of people.

Two thousand people have visited today. :eek:

ZOD
02-09-2006, 09:26 PM

It's usually ridicule and people don't come here for that.

Just a guess.....

ZOD
02-09-2006, 09:28 PM
I have a valid question.

Self explanatory I think........

The Depths of the Sea (6 Viewing)
The Depths of the Sea... you want to talk NFL smack? This is the forum for you...
Rated R, Enter At Own Risk!

ZOD
02-09-2006, 09:30 PM

A description of Infins circa 2002.................

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 09:40 PM
A description of Infins circa 2002.................
At first i thought how, "How helpful of Zod to answer these questions while I was eating Baby Back Ribs at Porky's....Maybe he wants to be a mod someday."

Then I got to this post and thought, "When he grows up, like me."

:hump:

Gonzo
02-09-2006, 09:46 PM
With all the changes going on around here, I can fully understand the need to make things a little easier on the mods. If this will help that, then why not? The complaints I have seen pertain to problems they have with the TOS, not the warning system. I especially like the freedom of speech one. This is private property. What do you think would happen if you walked into a church and started preaching satanism? You'd probably get kicked out. Is that a free speech violation? Nope. You can still say whatever you want, you will just have one less podium to speak from.

welderpat
02-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I have a valid question.
I would still like an answer to this question.
If I don't get one I will hack into the server ban all the mods and take over this joint.
The welder pat gang takeing over............again:wpat:

Just kidding I'm about as technologicaly advanced as a 2by4:(

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Infinsible I appreciate what you are doing , but get a grip, most of us are not University Graduates
Nor am I so, this should be simple enough for everybody. :)

Ross
02-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I don't like it, but its not my web-site, so I'll try to play by the rules...

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I would still like an answer to this question.
If I don't get one I will hack into the server ban all the mods and take over this joint.
The welder pat gang takeing over............again:wpat:

Just kidding I'm about as technologicaly advanced as a 2by4:(You stay out of the server room or we'll smack you upside the head with a clue-by-four. :club:

Where is this smack forum that you speak of?

inFINSible
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I don't like it, but its not my web-site, so I'll try to play by the rules...
Good luck. :D

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 10:13 PM

*Heavy sigh*

Did you read where we said that the actual rules haven't changed?
Did it cause you a problem in the past? if not...it won't now either.

BTW...we can ban IPs.... :shakeno:

welderpat
02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
You stay out of the server room or we'll smack you upside the head with a clue-by-four. :club:

Where is this smack forum that you speak of?
My mistake that would be "The depths of the sea"

WharfRat
02-09-2006, 10:18 PM
My mistake that would be "The depths of the sea"

Depths forum is pretty much "anything goes"... it has to be REALLY REALLY bad for us to moderate that forum at all...

PHINATIC13
02-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I hope all members appreciate the effort that this will demand on the staff.To me FH is giving us more slack(freedom) than discipline.It seems to me it would just be easier(for the staff) to ban someone without notice or warning for the infraction.So I for one thank you for all your efforts.

welderpat
02-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Depths forum is pretty much "anything goes"... it has to be REALLY REALLY bad for us to moderate that forum at all...

Thanks

ZOD
02-09-2006, 10:58 PM
At first i thought how, "How helpful of Zod to answer these questions while I was eating Baby Back Ribs at Porky's....Maybe he wants to be a mod someday."

Then I got to this post and thought, "When he grows up, like me."

:hump:

Soon I will be awarded Pop Warner "Coach of the Year".

I simply don't have the time. :D

retired opfinistic
02-09-2006, 11:04 PM
I haven't seen this much turmoil since The ZT at SS thread! :wink:

Fresh
02-09-2006, 11:24 PM
A lot of it makes sense, but some of it is very stiff. Annoyance? How are you guys going to judge that? Some cases, it's not gonna be fair to judge. As for posting threads in the wrong forum, it happens! I don't see how that's a TOS-breaker. I don't have a say in anything, but to me, none of these make sense:

Personal Attack - 4pts
Sig Size - 1pt
Annoyance - 3pts
Quoted text in sig - 1pt
Multiple username - 2pts

But hey, I'm sure you guys are just trying your best to keep this site in great condition. I just hope none of you abuse the warning system..

welderpat
02-09-2006, 11:25 PM
I haven't seen this much turmoil since The ZT at SS thread! :wink:

Wait till you see what I am going to start.

Nicky Napoleon
02-09-2006, 11:59 PM
In my two years I have yet to be warned or banned, so I have no problem with any of this. I think it would be funny to make all the warning meters so that we can all see them. That way the really annoying people can be provoked into banishment.

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 12:25 AM
If this new warning meter is to level the field on punishment. Then IMO everyone should be able to see everyone elses meter. We should be able to see that MODS, VIP members, Donators, and priemium members don't get special treatment.

Also since this isn't really Miami Dolphins news does that mean it was posted in the wrong forum, and as a result inFINS needs to warn himself? :lol:

Nicky Napoleon
02-10-2006, 12:28 AM
If this new warning meter is to level the field on punishment. Then IMO everyone should be able to see everyone elses meter. We should be able to see that MODS, VIP members, Donators, and priemium members don't get special treatment.

And provoke those who are almost banned......

Im just kidding by the way dont fine me:goof:

Bigbucks24
02-10-2006, 02:55 AM

I think that was humor.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 02:57 AM

Also since this isn't really Miami Dolphins news does that mean it was posted in the wrong forum, and as a result inFINS needs to warn himself? :lol:

You act as if they owe you something. :sidelol:

Wildbill3
02-10-2006, 03:12 AM

Oh well it doesn't matter as I don't post much anyway, I just hate being told what I can and cannot do and not being allowed to use judgement, just a shame that people cannot self regulate themselves to keep this board clean.You just answered your own question. Some people have wonderful judgement, and use it, the problem is, a lot of posters don't have this wonderful judgement, thus the need for rules, and rule enforcement.

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:01 AM
You act as if they owe you something. :sidelol:

You, see I consider this statement to fall under the “personal attack” TOS violation. I would also like to point out that it came from a “VIP” on this board. I brought up a valid point. A way to verify that the new system was indeed fair for everyone and all this “VIP” did was “attack” what I was trying to say. So is the system going to be fair? Will he accrue points for that? Or will it be overlooked because he is a “VIP” and gives money to the site and I do not? If we could see everyones meters we would know for sure.

nopony
02-10-2006, 04:09 AM
You, see I consider this statement to fall under the “personal attack” TOS violation. I would also like to point out that it came from a “VIP” on this board. I brought up a valid point. A way to verify that the new system was indeed fair for everyone and all this “VIP” did was “attack” what I was trying to say. So is the system going to be fair? Will he accrue points for that? Or will it be overlooked because he is a “VIP” and gives money to the site and I do not? If we could see everyones meters we would know for sure.

:boohoo:

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:10 AM
:boohoo:

See post #217 minus the "VIP" part.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 04:13 AM

:sidelol: That's convenient. Anybody that disagrees with you is attacking you.

1. Personal Attacks
There will be no personal attacks toward any other member, no matter what. If you are offended by another poster’s comments, please email an administrator or moderator as soon as possible explaining what happened. If you respond in the same manor as they did, you are now part of the problem. If you have something against someone else, please email/PM the member. DO NOT take out personal arguments in a thread.

Personal attacks can be categorized as (but not limited to): Racist, Bigoted, Derogatory, Sexist, Hateful or Threatening.

Feel free to email them. :sidelol:

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:17 AM
:sidelol: That's convenient. Anybody that disagrees with you is attacking you.

1. Personal Attacks
There will be no personal attacks toward any other member, no matter what. If you are offended by another poster’s comments, please email an administrator or moderator as soon as possible explaining what happened. If you respond in the same manor as they did, you are now part of the problem. If you have something against someone else, please email/PM the member. DO NOT take out personal arguments in a thread.

Personal attacks can be categorized as (but not limited to): Racist, Bigoted, Derogatory, Sexist, Hateful or Threatening.

Feel free to email them. :sidelol:

It would be considered a personal attack because you were not comenting on what i wrote. but more to the personal nature as to why i wrote it. Therefor your comment was not a disagreement with what i said but more a personal attack on my character.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 04:24 AM
It would be considered a personal attack because you were not comenting on what i wrote. but more to the personal nature as to why i wrote it. Therefor your comment was not a disagreement with what i said but more a personal attack on my character.

I was commenting on what you wrote and my response was valid. You feel you have the right to judge other members and that the mods are incapable of doing so, a feeling that is evident in the past three posts you have made. You feel that you are owed the right to see what they see. But they do not owe you anything. So, as the TOS says, if you feel what I said was a personal attack, please--I beseech you--email them.

dlockz
02-10-2006, 04:25 AM
Well I guess I like that there is a warning system and not just one overzealous mod banning you without saying anything. I think in the pas there has been too much favortism and hopefully this will be more fair although some may still get free passes while others get nickpicked.

d-day
02-10-2006, 04:26 AM

well if that's the case, then wouldn't your original post be considered an attack as well? i mean you want to be privy to everyone's warning meter because you don't trust that the moderators here are going to be fair and unbiased - is that not an attack on their personal nature...?

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 04:28 AM
well if that's the case, then wouldn't your original post be considered an attack as well? i mean you want to be privy to everyone's warning meter because you don't trust that the moderators here are going to be fair and unbiased - is that not an attack on their personal nature...?

touché :groucho:

(that sounds like a tasty French treat...mmm...)

d-day
02-10-2006, 04:30 AM
touché :groucho:

(that sounds like a tasty French treat...mmm...)

mmmmm touche... :drool:

dlockz
02-10-2006, 04:30 AM
I do think it would be ok for all members to see your meter, I mean its not like a national secret lol.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 04:31 AM
mmmmm touche... :drool:

It tastes a lot better with the little diddly-doo over the e.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 04:34 AM
I do think it would be ok for all members to see your meter, I mean its not like a national secret lol.

Only a select few can see my meter.

d-day
02-10-2006, 04:34 AM
It tastes a lot better with the little diddly-doo over the e.

we didn't have diddly-doo when i was growing up... :boohoo: What's it like, Gonzo, the diddly-doo...?

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:38 AM

Yes it was. When it comes to rules that are under "personal discreation" to be inforced i don't trust the moderators to be fair. everyone on here has there friends and people they don't care for. so what one mod may let slide for one person he may try to nail another person on. that is just not fair.

where as if everyones meter was shown they would have to justify there actions as to why this person got points for an offense and this person didn't get anything for doing the same thing.

To further show what i'm trying to get across. look at the court system. after a case goes to trial that is public information. why? for the very reason i stated above. so there is a sense of balance you can look back at what has happened with other peoples offenses and justly determin a punishment.

d-day
02-10-2006, 04:42 AM
Yes it was. When it comes to rules that are under "personal discreation" to be inforced i don't trust the moderators to be fair. everyone on here has there friends and people they don't care for. so what one mod may let slide for one person he may try to nail another person on. that is just not fair.

where as if everyones meter was shown they would have to justify there actions as to why this person got points for an offense and this person didn't get anything for doing the same thing.

To further show what i'm trying to get across. look at the court system. after a case goes to trial that is public information. why? for the very reason i stated above. so there is a sense of balance you can look back at what has happened with other peoples offenses and justly determin a punishment.

well - you just admitted you made a personal attack - are you ready to accept your punishment...?

ohall
02-10-2006, 04:43 AM
For the record everyone of you who posted in this THREAD has a warning from me. Yea that's right I'm keeping me own score!

Wait I have to give myself a warning as well, crap!

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:45 AM
I would also like to point out that so far the two biggest members against the meter being showed to everyone are both "VIP" members. that gets me wondering why that is? is it because since they give money to this site that they know they won't get judged as hard as non vip members? who knows? if there meter was made available to everyone than we would know for sure but as it stands now we don't.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 04:45 AM

Well, if you feel the mods can't be trusted to do their jobs, as you obviously do, try emailing all of them about my supposed attack. Regardless (and I don't know why I am even bothering arguing this), how would the meters showing make any difference. If there turned out to be favoritism, what would you do? Turn to another mod? You can do that right now if you disagree with the first one's decision. But, as I said in the first place, they don't owe you anything, so to come in here accusing them of bias is libel. So, maybe I should report you?

Also, don't forget to report my original "attack."

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:46 AM
well - you just admitted you made a personal attack - are you ready to accept your punishment...?

by what you stated earlier it shouldn't matter.

nopony
02-10-2006, 04:47 AM
When it comes to rules that are under "personal discreation" to be inforced i don't trust the moderators to be fair.

:shakeno:

First off, you aren't on trial for your life, it's a football team discussion site.

Second, you are a guest here. What's "fair" to you is all but irrelevant. You are not entitled to a single thing.

And really, above all, I can tell you one truth...

If you follow the rules you will never have to worry about it at all.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 04:49 AM
I would also like to point out that so far the two biggest members against the meter being showed to everyone are both "VIP" members. that gets me wondering why that is? is it because since they give money to this site that they know they won't get judged as hard as non vip members? who knows? if there meter was made available to everyone than we would know for sure but as it stands now we don't.

Wow, I'm sensing a little paranoia here. You are right, it's all a big conspiracy. VIP is actually code for "KingCrowder Must Go." We're all in on it. And I never said I was against it, I just think your reasoning for it being shown is funny. So, this is another personal attack. By claiming I am against it when I never said I am is libelous.

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:51 AM
Well, if you feel the mods can't be trusted to do their jobs, as you obviously do, try emailing all of them about my supposed attack. Regardless (and I don't know why I am even bothering arguing this), how would the meters showing make any difference. If there turned out to be favoritism, what would you do? Turn to another mod? You can do that right now if you disagree with the first one's decision. But, as I said in the first place, they don't owe you anything, so to come in here accusing them of bias is slander. So, maybe I should report you?

Also, don't forget to report my original "attack."

Like a stated earlier if would show you if this new "fair" system was really fair or not. it would also give everyone an indication of who the good mods are and which ones are just kids on a power trip.

nopony
02-10-2006, 04:52 AM

If someone comes up to you and a friend and gives you each a bag full of money... are you happy for free money? Or do you look over to make sure your friend didn't get more free money than you did?

ohall
02-10-2006, 04:54 AM
If someone comes up to you and a friend and gives you each a bag full of money... are you happy for free money? Or do you look over to make sure your friend didn't get more free money than you did?

I'd just take his money as mine.

KingCrowder
02-10-2006, 04:57 AM

depends on what the free money is for? if it's just money for the sake of money than i wouldn't care. if it's money based off of something like a bonus than you bet i'm looking to see what he got.

Wildbill3
02-10-2006, 04:59 AM
First, I answer to Admin, and AJ, and Admin Answers directly to AJ. Second, whatever happens in the Batcave, stays in the batcave, you will never see moderators or admin disagree in public, except over the topics being discussed. And I promise you guys another thing, there isn't any action taken by mods or admin that is hidden from the rest of the staff, if someone were biased against ANY poster, That Mod/Admin would have to answer for it. And again, you, the forum residents, would never know about the results of that meeting.

The group of people I work with care very deeply about the site, and how its members feel, VIP or otherwise, and if you look closely there isn't a mod or admin that hasn't donated at least once, and serveral have donated money to keep this site going more than once. The VIPers forum wasn't created to make an elite class of Finheaven alone, (heck anybody can join) it was created to generate more funds to keep finheaven going, and to make improvements to the site.

Now, there may be a few changes to the TOS here and there as we refine it, but it is here to stay, and no amount of debate is going to change it, in fact it would not have been rolled out if it wasn't exactly what we wanted. So if you want to make a political debate about something, step out of this room, walk down the hall, and enter the Politcal Forum room.

nopony
02-10-2006, 05:00 AM
depends on what the free money is for? if it's just money for the sake of money than i wouldn't care. if it's money based off of something like a bonus than you bet i'm looking to see what he got.

This site is free to you. Costs you nothing. You get Dolphins news, Dolphins discussion, Dolphins analysis... free.

Stop looking at the people next to you to see if they're getting anything you are not. You are NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING.

And as long as we're here... be grateful to the VIPs, the people that give money to keep the site going. Without them, it might not be here at all... for you.

So if you like the site, stop worrying about everybody else, and just follow the rules.

And if you don't like the site... you are not court-ordered to be here, I'm sure.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Like a stated earlier if would show you if this new "fair" system was really fair or not. it would also give everyone an indication of who the good mods are and which ones are just kids on a power trip.

And if this is what it would actually do (which it isn't), what would you do with that information. You are missing the whole point of this system. It has nothing to do with making sure the VOLUNTEER mods are a functioning judicial system. All it is meant to do is keep track of those who violate the TOS repeatedly and to let them know that they are walking a thin line and to stop being a dick. As they said before, they kept track prior to this, only now they use a point system which you should be happier about because it is a more concrete method. Also, you are new, so what do you know about how they have treated different members. I have seen plenty of VIPers get time off, some repeatedly.

But in the end, who cares. Don't like it? Leave. I know there are plenty of sites that don't use a corruption-riddled meter system to further their conspiracies aimed at world domination one individual at a time, starting with you. But, I'll be honest. I will miss you. :wink:

inFINSible
02-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Hey King Crowder, if you're so scared of this new system, maybe you should become a VIP member.....

Then you'll be safe.

nephinsfan
02-10-2006, 07:41 AM
warning level meter?

oops....never mind...there it is....I did not have one at first...but there it is now...

King Nate
02-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Heh, I can't believe this thread exploded like this. Who'd have thought that nothing changing would cause such a controversy? I don't understand what the big deal is with all these complaints!

Wildbill3
02-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Heh, I can't believe this thread exploded like this. Who'd have thought that nothing changing would cause such a controversy? I don't understand what the big deal is with all these complaints!apparently, the rules changes or lack therof are based upon the individual's member status.

inFINSible
02-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Heh, I can't believe this thread exploded like this. Who'd have thought that nothing changing would cause such a controversy? I don't understand what the big deal is with all these complaints!
There will always be disgruntled former members who sign up on someone elses computer just to come back and complain.

There will always be people that the mods have had to discipline, who complain about equality.

There will always be people who lash out against any form of authority or rules.

Some people just ignore all they hear and complain because they are training for the Complainer event in Torino.

Most of it is just a form of control and manipulation.....They are not in control of Finheaven, and they are trying to manipulate other members into following them so that they can gain, at least some control.

They want to start a FinHeaven revolution.....

Some are just revolutionary types, ya know.....:horsey:

It helps sometimes to go through their post history, and try to get a sense of why they joined, then you can see exactly what agenda or attitude the person is pushing...