PDA

View Full Version : Al Michaels traded for a rabbit!

DrAstroZoom
02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
The other shoe has dropped, and Al Michaels is, in fact, going to team with John Madden on NBC for Monday Night Football. The terms for ABC/ESPN letting Michaels out of his contract are, in a word, bizarre:

In exchange for letting Michaels out of his contract with ABC and ESPN, which are owned by The Walt Disney Co., NBC Universal sold ESPN cable rights to Friday coverage of the next four Ryder Cups, granted ESPN increased usage of Olympic highlights and sold to The Walt Disney Co. the rights to “Oswald the Lucky Rabbit,” a character in silent cartoons made by Walt Disney from 1927-28.

Micheale, Madden to host MNF for NBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11235692/)

SkapePhin
02-09-2006, 02:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_Rabbit

HysterikiLL
02-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Only in America.

CalDolFan10x14
02-09-2006, 05:32 PM
How much was John Madden traded for??? A box of Tinactin? A hot dog? A video game? BOOM!

John Madden
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm happy to be able to bring you guys another year of quality football broadcasting. Football commenting isn't about knowing football, being smart, sounding good, looking good, or being entertaining.... It's about character. And I got character.

BOOM!

If I wasn't doing it, who would?

CalDolFan10x14
02-09-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm happy to be able to bring you guys another year of quality football broadcasting. Football commenting isn't about knowing football, being smart, sounding good, looking good, or being entertaining.... It's about character. And I got character.

BOOM!

If I wasn't doing it, who would?

No, you just have a crush on the Patriots and Tom Brady. That's why you do what you do. Give it a rest already. You already got into the Hall of Fame and called a Super Bowl. I think your career is complete. It's time to put the BOOM to bed. I hear Ace and Tinactin still want you to do ads. Plus you always got your football video game. Spare us another year of your babbling. Thanks. :wave: