PDA

View Full Version : Cool job I have...

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 10:35 PM
I've been working for the LSU athletic department for two semesters already, but they just assigned me to something new.

For LSU baseball games, I'm in the press box taping the games with one of those digital video cameras. The camera is hooked up to the computer, and what I'm taping comes out as the live feed on lsusports.net.

So, if any of you were to go to lsusports.net and look at the live stream of LSU baseball games, you would be watching what your's truly is taping. :up:

Our first game was tonight and it got cancelled because of rain in the 4th inning. LSU is up 7-0 and the game continues tomorrow at noon.

King Nate
02-10-2006, 10:48 PM
That's awesome, DD28! Congratulations!

Jt0323
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
wow congrats!

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks yall. It's pretty cool.

Rocky Raccoon
02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
congrats DD28!! :up:

p.s... a little early to be playing baseball, no? :tongue:

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:06 PM
congrats DD28!! :up:

p.s... a little early to be playing baseball, no? :tongue:

Yeah, the college season always gets started early.

Rocky Raccoon
02-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, the college season always gets started early.

is it regular season games or exhibition?

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
is it regular season games or exhibition?

Regular season. Tonight was LSU's season opener.

Dubfire
02-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Regular season. Tonight was LSU's season opener.

hey dd, for the sake and love of beer, could you please take down the peach bowl score? we are scarred enough as is. :pray:

finsmx
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Really cool job, just make sure you actually focus the camera on the game and not on the chicks :tongue:

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:14 PM
hey dd, for the sake and love of beer, could you please take down the peach bowl score? we are scarred enough as is. :pray:

:roflmao:

Sorry about that dude. I'll put something up new soon.

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Really cool job, just make sure you actually focus the camera on the game and not on the chicks :tongue:

It's pretty funny you say that. :lol:

The guys who do football do that all the time. But it's not a live feed. That's why they do it.

Dubfire
02-10-2006, 11:15 PM
:roflmao:

Sorry about that dude. I'll put something up new soon.

thank you your majesty. your humbleness is appreciated.

you layed the wood on us but c'mon man..its been over a month!!:boohoo:

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
thank you your majesty. your humbleness is appreciated.

you layed the wood on us but c'mon man..its been over a month!!:boohoo:

K, I'll put something funny up.

SCall13
02-10-2006, 11:29 PM
In the spirit of DolphinDevil's post about his cool job, I thought I'd start a thread where we could share either a GREAT job we've had at one time or even something crazy cool that happened to us on a job.
I'll start: I used to work at WEZL 103.7 Country radio station down in Charleston,SC. A JOB? Ha! THey paid me to basically set up for on location remotes for promoting a customers business, for example: Automotive dealerships, Races, dance partie, Concerts. SO not only did I meet all the country stars, I got to party with them after the concerts were over. My job was technically called Promotions. I called it "let's see how many ladies I will pick up on today and get their numbers. (especially the dance parties). It was THE funnest, easiest, exciting job. We all had fun. (Not to mention me and my sexy boss lady had it going on...and on.....and on.. There was just so many benefits to working at a Radios Station.Open bars, sexy women who flock to you, we got to organize/invent what silly games would make the public play and we'd have the places rocking with excitement. Well, I'll shorten it up. Bottom line: We had a BLASSSST and they paid us for it. All the food we wanted, all the drinks we could handle. We met all the stars - for example: Shania Twain, Faith Hill (for you guys who lust for those two) They were amazing and very sexy women and quite kind. But this was back when they still were trying to get it out there. IT was during Shania's first big album release (WHo's bed have your boots been under and any man of mine.
Anyway, there is PLENTY more to share, but I'll stop right here. It was quite the enjoyment

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:33 PM
In the spirit of DolphinDevil's post about his cool job, I thought I'd start a thread where we could share either a GREAT job we've had at one time or even something crazy cool that happened to us on a job.
I'll start: I used to work at WEZL 103.7 Country radio station down in Charleston,SC. A JOB? Ha! THey paid me to basically set up for on location remotes for promoting a customers business, for example: Automotive dealerships, Races, dance partie, Concerts. SO not only did I meet all the country stars, I got to party with them after the concerts were over. My job was technically called Promotions. I called it "let's see how many ladies I will pick up on today and get their numbers. (especially the dance parties). It was THE funnest, easiest, exciting job. We all had fun. (Not to mention me and my sexy boss lady had it going on...and on.....and on.. There was just so many benefits to working at a Radios Station.Open bars, sexy women who flock to you, we got to organize/invent what silly games would make the public play and we'd have the places rocking with excitement. Well, I'll shorten it up. Bottom line: We had a BLASSSST and they paid us for it. All the food we wanted, all the drinks we could handle. We met all the stars - for example: Shania Twain, Faith Hill (for you guys who lust for those two) They were amazing and very sexy women and quite kind. But this was back when they still were trying to get it out there. IT was during Shania's first big album release (WHo's bed have your boots been under and any man of mine.
Anyway, there is PLENTY more to share, but I'll stop right here. It was quite the enjoyment

That's awesome!

SCall13
02-10-2006, 11:38 PM
That's awesome!

Oh yeah. it really was awesome. Loved every minute of it. Put it this way, I went in on my days off just to volunteer to help. :lol:

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah. it really was awesome. Loved ever minutes of it. Put it this way, I went in on my days off just to volunteer to help. :lol:

And this job, (taping LSU baseball) isn't even the coolest job I've had.

I worked at CNN sports in Atlanta. THAT was fun.

Roman529
02-11-2006, 05:23 AM
Congrats DolphinDev.....great job,....maybe Nick can pull some strings so you can film the Superbowl next year at Miami Stadium .....the Phins are going to be in it. :lol:

DolphinDevil28
02-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Congrats DolphinDev.....great job,....maybe Nick can pull some strings so you can film the Superbowl next year at Miami Stadium .....the Phins are going to be in it. :lol:

Well, that would probably be impossible.

See, I'd have a heart attack or something like that before they played the game from celebration or excitement.

I don't know what I'd do with myself in that scenario. :confused:

SCall13
02-11-2006, 05:49 AM
And this job, (taping LSU baseball) isn't even the coolest job I've had.

I worked at CNN sports in Atlanta. THAT was fun.

Awesome. I'll bet working at CNN was a good experience. And I'm sure there are some stories...:D

Roman529
02-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Awesome. I'll bet working at CNN was a good experience. And I'm sure there are some stories...:D
I'm in love with a CNN Headline News anchor babe named Rudi Bakhtiar....she sent me an autographed picture which I thought was cool. :D

miamikid92
02-11-2006, 04:52 PM
man your lucky
baseball rules

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 05:22 PM
congrats bro have fun :D

Agent51
02-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh man I've had so many cool on the job experiences it's hard to pinpoint one. Just a few weeks ago we had to (or I should say the staff on that shift had to, I, stupidly, requested that night off :fire: ) "remove" two chicks from engaging in oral sex on their table in the VIP room.

And along the lines of SCall's post, When I first started at my club I worked as an "events/party" promoter before I moved up to bartender. Basically I got paid (very well) to walk around in downtown Honolulu and Waikiki and pass out flyers or tickets or whatever the thing may have been that was promoting the current event. It was great because I had VIP passes too so any hot chicks (there are PLENTY in Hawai'i, lol) I would pretend that they were "special" and that they were getting the "last" or "only" VIP passes I had, lol. Some of the stuff people do just to get into VIP, lol, it's great, I'm sure SCall, or anyone else in my position knows the extent. I'm not even talking dirty stuff, haha, I mean sure, that happened too, but you could seriously just have them do dumb stuff, whatever you could think of, and they'd wanna get the passes so bad they'd do it (not knowing I was gonna give it to em anyway since I was going to be chillin in VIP all night too, I wanted hot girls around me, lol).

FIN-IN-RI
02-11-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah man that's sweet.. keep up the good work bro