PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to d-day and DM for mod statues

Prime
02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
The loungers are once again taking the mod jobs. You might be next Mor.

I don't mean to diss d-day or DM. I think they will be great mods, but I am just wondering why only the loungers gets to be a mod.

Jt0323
02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
:woot: :birthday:

Fin Fan in Cali
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Congrats to D-Day and DM!:wink:

NJFINSFAN1
02-10-2006, 11:14 PM
D-Day a Mod? Who did he get pictures off?:njphins:

Dubfire
02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
:dday:

well deserved!!

Rocky Raccoon
02-10-2006, 11:17 PM
:party::rocker::cpatch::hump:

PHINATIC13
02-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Congrats to dm and d-day....:party: :dance: :icecream:

d-day
02-10-2006, 11:36 PM

NJFINSFAN1
02-10-2006, 11:38 PM

You always got to be one better then me, its just not fair!:boohoo:

I need another beer!

d-day
02-10-2006, 11:42 PM
You always got to be one better then me, its just not fair!:boohoo:

I need another beer!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

NJFINSFAN1
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/autopics/548.jpg

:sidelol: Thanks!

I use to drink that in cans 20 plus years ago when we use to canoe down the Delaware river!

DolphinDevil28
02-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Congrats!

d-day
02-10-2006, 11:48 PM
:sidelol: Thanks!

I use to drink that in cans 20 plus years ago when we use to canoe down the Delaware river!

don't worry we wont be drinking any of that on our snook fishing trip this year...

or will we :dday:

Muck
02-10-2006, 11:57 PM

I don't mean to diss d-day or DM. I think they will be great mods, but I am just wondering why only the loungers gets to be a mod.

Would you like some cheese with that wine??

One thread was enough. Grow up already.

Prime
02-11-2006, 12:00 AM

Easy for you to say. People like you get the respect. I guess speaking your mind is the wrong thing to do now. I'm not going to try to get into a battle with you guys because I won't get my answer and it's pointless.

SuavePhin
02-11-2006, 12:04 AM

If you've seen the # of posts in the LL i think a better question is who DIDN'T he get pictures of :goof:

but in all seriousness congrats to DD and DM!!

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Easy for you to say. People like you and you get the respect. I guess speaking your mind is the wrong thing to do now. I'm not going to try to get into a battle with you guys because I won't get my answer and it's pointless.
Come on now Ace lighten up, I know you're bigger than this. This is all trivial stuff in the bigger scheme of things and you know that.
Don't ruin this for me or for d-day - who I think has deserved this the most.

byroan
02-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Easy for you to say. People like you get the respect. I guess speaking your mind is the wrong thing to do now. I'm not going to try to get into a battle with you guys because I won't get my answer and it's pointless.

Where have you not gotten respect at? Do you feel that just because you weren't chosen as a mod you aren't respected? Don't burn the bridges Ace because it isn't like that.

Prime
Come on now Ace lighten up, I know you're bigger than this. This is all trivial stuff in the bigger scheme of things and you know that.

Can't lighten up. I told my thoughs and opinion and then I get a grow up talk about it. I respect the mods and everything, but I just don't understand a couple of mods here.

Muck
Easy for you to say. People like you and you get the respect. I guess speaking your mind is the wrong thing to do now. I'm not going to try to get into a battle with you guys because I won't get my answer and it's pointless.

Nobody dislikes you. If it was all about being liked and respected, we'd have hundreds of mods. There's much more to it than that.

I appreciate the fact that you would like to help out. I really do. Most sites would pee their web pants at the amount of offers we get from our membership to help out. This just isn't the best way to handle it. You're sulking and making a scene when you should be congratulating the two who made it. You need to realize that this kind of behavior only hurts your cause.

You're better than that.

DolphinDevil28
Don't ruin this for me or for d-day - who I think has deserved this the most.

Hell, I'm 22, getting a degree in communications, have over 8 thousand posts, etc...

You don't see me b!tching. :lol:

d-day
02-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Hell, I'm 22, getting a degree in communications, have over 8 thousand posts, etc...

You don't see me b!tching. :lol:

i see you circumventing the profanity filter though :tsk:

:chuckle: :dday:

Fin Fan in Cali
02-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Can't lighten up. I told my thoughs and opinion and then I get a grow up talk about it. I respect the mods and everything, but I just don't understand a couple of mods here.Brother Ace we have talked, support them both D-Day, and DM, and move on. Don't fault them my brother.

Gonzo
02-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Congrats guys. I can't think of two better members to be banned by.
:hug:

DolphinDevil28
02-11-2006, 12:11 AM

Oh cr@p!!!

:roflmao:

d-day
02-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Congrats guys. I can't think of two better members to be banned by.
:hug:

couldn't have been spoken by a banned... i mean better man :dday:

Fin Fan in Cali
02-11-2006, 12:12 AM

You don't see me b!tching. :lol:Brother Rustin, I think Zach beleaves there are others that have given to the success behind the scenes, that have not been acknowledged.

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 12:14 AM

d-day's war against profanity :chuckle:

note to self - must stop clicking "edit" instead of "quote" :foundout:

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Brother Rustin, I think Zach beleaves there are others that have given to the success behind the scenes, that have not been acknowledged.

well then he has to realise that, as Muck said, not everyone can be brought on board and that those who have been chosen both past and present also contribute behind the scenes not just in the lounge - no disrespect intended :wink:

Boone
02-11-2006, 12:18 AM

Ahhhh...d-day offically giving his first :tsk: finger wagging... :lol:

Congrats on the promotion d-day... so is this why you "retired" from the LL? or were you forced to do so in order to become a mod?

Congrats to darkmistress also...another fine choice! :up:

Prime
02-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Brother Rustin, I think Zach beleaves there are others that have given to the success behind the scenes, that have not been acknowledged.

Exactly my thought man. I guess I could took this in a different way, but I just wanted to speak my mind and I wanted an answer. Sorry that I made a scene like this. I am still a kid, so I still have some growing up to do.

ILPhinFan88
02-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Congrats you two. I go out for a night and look what happens. :D

PeytonsForehead
02-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Congrats again you two. Artists and squirrels all over the planet will be partying for DarkMistress! :chuckle: D-day congrats bro. Cochise is proud for you. :up: Hope you have fun busting those trade-Ricky thread starters. :tongue: Here's my toast to both of you. :beerbang:

Gonzo
02-11-2006, 12:27 AM

Ace, remember when you were going through hard times? You turned here didn't you? There is a simple reason for it. Finheaven is a place for Dolphin fans to unite, first and foremost. Some members have been around a long time (or contribute a possibly unhealthy amount in a short time) and we have become friends, including you. That's why the lounge is so popular. It's a place to talk about other things going on in our lives that don't pertain to the Phins.

So is it really all that surprising that those that volunteer to help moderate the site are ones that happen to post here too? The lounge isn't a secret society or anything. Most that post in here truly care about the site and want to make it better if they can. That's why we donate money when we can or moderate when we can if they need the help. Look at most of the posters here. They usually have a VIP badge at the least. We (and this includes you) don't just come to Finheaven to start a Trade Ricky Thread, a TO Thread, etc. So it isn't surprising at all that most of the Mods on the site are involved in more forums than just the main board.

Anyways, both DM and d-day do a lot more for this site than just hang out in the lounge and if anything they are only taking on more responsibility. Obviously they have earned the trust of the rest of the Finheaven staff.

Hope that makes sense.

HysterikiLL
02-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Congratulations, you postwhoring power clowns ;)

Fin Fan in Cali
02-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Exactly my thought man. I guess I could took this in a different way, but I just wanted to speak my mind and I wanted an answer. Sorry that I made a scene like this. I am still a kid, so I still have some growing up to do.Bro trust me here, let it go! I am trying!:wink:

King Nate
02-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Ace, remember when you were going through hard times? You turned here didn't you? There is a simple reason for it. Finheaven is a place for Dolphin fans to unite, first and foremost. Some members have been around a long time (or contribute a possibly unhealthy amount in a short time) and we have become friends, including you. That's why the lounge is so popular. It's a place to talk about other things going on in our lives that don't pertain to the Phins.

So is it really all that surprising that those that volunteer to help moderate the site are ones that happen to post here too? The lounge isn't a secret society or anything. Most that post in here truly care about the site and want to make it better if they can. That's why we donate money when we can or moderate when we can if they need the help. Look at most of the posters here. They usually have a VIP badge at the least. We (and this includes you) don't just come to Finheaven to start a Trade Ricky Thread, a TO Thread, etc. So it isn't surprising at all that most of the Mods on the site are involved in more forums than just the main board.

Anyways, both DM and d-day do a lot more for this site than just hang out in the lounge and if anything they are only taking on more responsibility. Obviously they have earned the trust of the rest of the Finheaven staff.

Hope that makes sense.

Great post. You are right on the money.

Fin Fan in Cali
02-11-2006, 12:34 AM
well then he has to realise that, as Muck said, not everyone can be brought on board and that those who have been chosen both past and present also contribute behind the scenes not just in the lounge - no disrespect intended :wink:DM none taken. I think my brother Zach was saying why not promote a few more then a few less, to make the work load easier. No disrespect to you and D-Day, however I think Zach had some adiditional canidates in mind. It's all good.

d-day
02-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Ahhhh...d-day offically giving his first :tsk: finger wagging... :lol:

Congrats on the promotion d-day... so is this why you "retired" from the LL? or were you forced to do so in order to become a mod?

Congrats to darkmistress also...another fine choice! :up:

naww - i just found out like 2 hours ago - quitting the ladies lounge was just a personal choice of mine - i thought i would sit back and enjoy everyone elses work for a change but now i don't think i'm going to have much of a chance to sit back and enjoy :chuckle: i should have retired from the l.l. a month ago :dday:

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 12:44 AM
DM none taken. I think my brother Zach was saying why not promote a few more then a few less, to make the work load easier. No disrespect to you and D-Day, however I think Zach had some adiditional canidates in mind. It's all good.

well Wharf did say that there would be more added in the near future in his "welcome" speech :wink:

Nublar7
02-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Congrats d-day and DM! :banana: :mdfin:

darkmistress, you are very deserving of this with all you have done for this site(graphics and all). Thank you again for the sigs and avatars and good luck under you new post. :)

d-day, a very big congrats to you also. Sorry I was never able to get that original Louis Oliver sig you had back in the day to pulsate for you. :lol: :wink: I think your new sig that dm made for you rocks. Congrats!

Good luck to both of you, now get to work. :wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
02-11-2006, 12:48 AM
well Wharf did say that there would be more added in the near future in his "welcome" speech :wink:I understand that DM but my brother Zach probably felt that there should have been some more good people added to the mix. I am not speaking for Zach, but this is what I gather.

d-day
02-11-2006, 12:53 AM

darkmistress, you are very deserving of this with all you have done for this site(graphics and all). Thank you again for the sigs and avatars and good luck under you new post. :)

d-day, a very big congrats to you also. Sorry I was never able to get that original Louis Oliver sig you had back in the day to pulsate for you. :lol: :wink: I think your new sig that dm made for you rocks. Congrats!

thanks nubs - i called it even on the louis sig after seeing all the hard work you did posting new dolphin stories... :wink:

backpacker
02-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Congratulations homey and homette.

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 12:55 AM

thanks nubs :wink:

HysterikiLL
02-11-2006, 12:56 AM

Done kissing ***, pirate boy? ;) :lol:

DonShula84
02-11-2006, 12:56 AM

Oh no dday has power, we're all in trouble now. Grats to both of you

GreenMonster
02-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Congrats DM and d-day, you two will do a fine job taking care of us. FinHeaven raises a glass for both of you.. Cheers, GreenMonster

d-day
02-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh no dday has power, we're all in trouble now. Grats to both of you

thanks sporty don - one of the original spice stewies :dday:

d-day
02-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Congrats DM and d-day, you two will do a fine job taking care of us. FinHeaven raises a glass for both of you.. Cheers, GreenMonster

i take care of ya in the 3am thread don't i? no luther sneak attacks! thanks gm aka ajax :dday:

Gonzo
02-11-2006, 01:06 AM
i take care of ya in the 3am thread don't i? no luther sneak attacks! thanks gm aka ajax :dday:

Thats why you are the first to go. :evil:

d-day
02-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Thats why you are the first to go. :evil:

:chuckle: well you aint got me yet ***** - recognize!

Wildbill3
02-11-2006, 01:10 AM
I suggested Making D-day a mod so he could clean up all his messes in the LL.

PeytonsForehead
02-11-2006, 01:12 AM
I kind of figured that was the reason behind his retirement. :lol:

Prime
02-11-2006, 01:12 AM
I understand that DM but my brother Zach probably felt that there should have been some more good people added to the mix. I am not speaking for Zach, but this is what I gather.

You are correct man.

Enough about me now and this whole screw up I created. This thread is about d-day and DM and it isn't right to change this thread like I did. So lets carry on.

K-train
02-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Ratherswell make me a mod of the college forum.

backpacker
02-11-2006, 01:14 AM

Zing!

d-day
02-11-2006, 01:15 AM

oh the irony and paradox of life... watch out boone i'm a coming to get ya :dday:

RWhitney014
02-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Stewies forever!

d-day
02-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Stewies forever!

GRAPEAPE
02-11-2006, 01:44 AM
WTF is going on??? I go get loaded at my Grandma's b-day party, I come back and d-day and DM are mods. well I guess it could be worse, we could have K-train:lol: Congrats to both of you, Happy Banning!!!!!

GRAPEAPE
02-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I suggested Making D-day a mod so he could clean up all his messes in the LL. The world needs people to clean the peep show booths I guess.:D

NaboCane
02-11-2006, 03:28 AM

I'm a lounger? :confused: I hate it when that happens.

NaboCane
02-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Exactly my thought man. I guess I could took this in a different way, but I just wanted to speak my mind and I wanted an answer. Sorry that I made a scene like this. I am still a kid, so I still have some growing up to do.
:lol: Dude, you'll be fine, just have to work through what we've all had to in order to leave adolescence behind. I'll let you know how I do.

But you'll do well; you're smart and you're gonna do well at whatever you choose.

NaboCane
02-11-2006, 03:33 AM

:sidelol:

byroan
02-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Stewies forever!

Crap. I'm outnumbered now 2-1. :boohoo:

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 08:41 AM

Best comeback post of 06 :lol:

Congrats to both DM and DDay both deserved to be mods very very much

I respect both very much not just as mods now but as friends...I hope there attitude towards me never changes just cause there mods. I hope dday is still the lovable post whore as usual and dm is the lovable well lovable lovable that she is :)

King Nate
02-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Best comeback post of 06 :lol:

Congrats to both DM and DDay both deserved to be mods very very much

I respect both very much not just as mods now but as friends...I hope there attitude towards me never changes just cause there mods. I hope dday is still the lovable post whore as usual and dm is the lovable well lovable lovable that she is :)

Why don't you wipe that brown off your nose, Budd. :wink:

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Why don't you wipe that brown off your nose, Budd. :wink:

Just trying to be nice...sure why dont you guys just give dm more badges its a conspiracy....is that better? :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/brownnose-1.jpg

King Nate
02-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Just trying to be nice...sure why dont you guys just give dm more badges its a conspiracy....is that better? :lol:

http://www.hereinreality.com/funnystuff/otherstuff/brownnose.jpg

Hah, I'm just giving you a hard time. I already gave my congratulations earlier.

dolphan117
02-11-2006, 09:45 AM
D-day can you make me the mod of the Spam forum? I would be the almighty king of Spam and all threads sent to me would become my slaves forever.:allhail:
I would rule my kingdom with an iron fist that my slaves might be punished for their crimes aganst humanity. :evil:

WharfRat
02-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Just one final point I'd like to make.

Recent staff additions:

inFINS - promoted to mod, then admin - rarely posts here,mostly posts in the main forum
WildBill - promoted to mod - mostly posted in Poli/War, Main, VIP, and LL

As for D-Day... if you could see all the posts he reported from the main forum, that were things that staf had to move/edit or warn about, you'd wonder how he found ANY time to be here in the Lounge.

It really isn't about the Lounge at all.

Besides... we are looking at a select few for future (not so distant future) additions to Staff...we had 3 promotions to Admin recently, that caused 3 "holes" in the already short-staffed moderator ranks. Expect to see a few more additions sooner than later.
How people handle situations like this weigh heavily in our decisions... if we feel your mindset is "all about you" rather than "all about the site"... it doesn't help your cause.

That said...Conga-Rats and welcome aboard DM and DD....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 09:49 AM
D-day can you make me the mod of the Spam forum? I would be the almighty king of Spam and all threads sent to me would become my slaves forever.:allhail:
I would rule my kingdom with an iron fist that my slaves might be punished for their crimes aganst humanity. :evil:

dday cant make mods

Mindwarp
02-11-2006, 09:51 AM
but I can.. and I take bribes in the form of season tickets for 3

King Nate
02-11-2006, 09:53 AM
but I can.. and I take bribes in the form of season tickets for 3

Being a Mod would be extremely awesome but if anybody EVER gave up three seasont tickets...

phins17
02-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Congrats d-day you the MAN

Celtkin
02-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats to both of you. I can think of no two who are more deserving. :clap:

Prime
02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Just one final point I'd like to make.

Recent staff additions:

inFINS - promoted to mod, then admin - rarely posts here,mostly posts in the main forum
WildBill - promoted to mod - mostly posted in Poli/War, Main, VIP, and LL

As for D-Day... if you could see all the posts he reported from the main forum, that were things that staf had to move/edit or warn about, you'd wonder how he found ANY time to be here in the Lounge.

It really isn't about the Lounge at all.

Besides... we are looking at a select few for future (not so distant future) additions to Staff...we had 3 promotions to Admin recently, that caused 3 "holes" in the already short-staffed moderator ranks. Expect to see a few more additions sooner than later.
How people handle situations like this weigh heavily in our decisions... if we feel your mindset is "all about you" rather than "all about the site"... it doesn't help your cause.

That said...Conga-Rats and welcome aboard DM and DD....

http://images.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/ani_conga_ratsbl.gif

I'm fine now Wharf. I was being a jerk and wasn't thinking when I was typing. I know that it hurt my chance alot, but I do deserve it with the way I acted like a little kid who didn't get picked to be the leader in a game. Muck explained it to me and it's all good now.

HelenaBucket
02-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Congrats to D-Day and Dark Mistress!

NJFINSFAN1
02-11-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm fine now Wharf. I was being a jerk and wasn't thinking when I was typing. I know that it hurt my chance alot, but I do deserve it with the way I acted like a little kid who didn't get picked to be the leader in a game. Muck explained it to me and it's all good now.

Acc88, you will be fine, sometimes you just need to step back and think before acting. Your 17 years old. My son is 15 and doing the same stuff. I know you feel sometimes like nobody respects you or talks down to you, maybe some do, but most here don't. Go back to your thread when you had your trouble and read all the responses from people. I can't get this thru to my son. Why go thru life thinking people are out to get you?

You have your whole exciting life ahead of you, don't let silly things like this get you upset. Yes, you will have ups and downs along the way, but life is to exciting to let little things like this get you upset.

So sit back and enjoy the ride of life, you will be a much happier Ace!:njphins:

WharfRat
02-11-2006, 11:23 AM
don't let silly things like this get you upset.

Exactly!!!

or...as I always like to say... "don't pet the sweaty stuff" ...err... ummm... I mean "don't sweat the petty stuff":goof: :wink:

King Nate
02-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Exactly!!!

or...as I always like to say... "don't pet the sweaty stuff" ...err... ummm... I mean "don't sweat the petty stuff":goof: :wink:

You probably shouldn't do that first thing either. :kingnate:

FIN-IN-RI
02-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Jesus.. I just realized that this place is being overrun by Stewies..

Byroan - It's on you brother!

dolphan117
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM
but I can.. and I take bribes in the form of season tickets for 33 season tickets on the way........................ For the Alaska Fairbanks hockey team (http://ccha.collegesports.com/schools/alaf/ccha-alaf-body.html). (http://ccha.collegesports.com/schools/alaf/ccha-alaf-body.html) Now when do I get my Badge. :evil:

King Nate
02-11-2006, 11:50 AM

We might not have special Mod powers, RI, but we're not backing down!

NJFINSFAN1
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
3 season tickets on the way........................ For the Alaska Fairbanks hockey team (http://ccha.collegesports.com/schools/alaf/ccha-alaf-body.html). (http://ccha.collegesports.com/schools/alaf/ccha-alaf-body.html) Now when do I get my Badge. :evil:

That's Cold!:njphins:

NaboCane
02-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Exactly!!!

Sweaty stuff:hump:

Jt0323
02-11-2006, 02:43 PM

:sidelol:

FIN-IN-RI
02-11-2006, 03:17 PM
We might not have special Mod powers, RI, but we're not backing down!

Absolutely not Kingnate.

The power and glory are within us Piranahs and it will transcend through the untold prophecies.

Nublar7
02-11-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/battle0ox-1.gif http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/party8qx-1.gif

NJFINSFAN1
02-11-2006, 05:08 PM
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4298/battle0ox.gif http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5986/party8qx.gif

:sidelol: Now that's funny!

byroan
02-11-2006, 05:11 PM

Piranha Power!

Nublar7
02-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Piranha Power!
Ah the Piranhas. Good times. :)

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Ah the Piranhas. Good times. :)

very good times...I finished 2nd :wink:

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 05:37 PM
I love my badges, I really do... and now I have more :chuckle:... only, I think they're alive now :couch: the top two ones keep swapping around :foundout:

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I love my badges, I really do... and now I have more :chuckle:... only, I think they're alive now :couch: the top two ones keep swapping around :foundout:

Oh god dont want that happening :chuckle:

Congrats DM :wink:

NJFINSFAN1
02-11-2006, 05:38 PM

You need to go for 5 badges! You would be the first!:wink:

darkmistress
02-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh god dont want that happening :chuckle:

Congrats DM :wink:

thank you :o

It's going to take me a while to get used to, I keep pressing "edit" instead of "quote" lol

Jt0323
02-11-2006, 06:02 PM

It's going to take me a while to get used to, I keep pressing "edit" instead of "quote" lol
:lol:

Buddwalk
02-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Yeah 5 badges would be awesome...just donate $5 and there ya go :wink:

dominizzo
02-12-2006, 04:39 AM
Congrats

DrBeard
02-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Interesting stuff, Ace. Not too long long ago that you were finally getting respect and finally going to become a mod. So fella. Just suck it up, and move on. Nothing compares to the **** I go through in my life.

TJamesW_phinfan
02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
:dolphins::party: :)