PDA

View Full Version : I've got a heck of a question for you guys...need your opinion

Bearsfan5434
02-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm involved in this NFL GM game where we're given the reins of an NFL team (chosen at random, and I drew Miami).

The task given is to conduct moves that strengthen your team, which can be done in the way of free agent signing, franchise tags, tendering offers to restricted free agents, trades, and the draft. We have to do all this and stay under the cap as well.

Hopefully, up to this point I haven't lost anyone. First order of business so far has been offering tenders to restricted free agents, franchising players, and naming who will be released.

So far, I've released Gus Frerotte (huge salary cap help), Jeno James (who I hope to get back at a reduced price), Junior Seau (isn't helping me at all at this point, nor the team in general), and Keith Traylor (again, is old and isn't doing much for his money). I have not offered tenders to either restricted free agent (Yeremiah Bell and Alonzo Aphraim). I had considered offering a bid on Bell, but decided not too.

Also, I've been in talks with the Jacksonville GM concerning his QB, David Garrard. Since I've let Gus go, I need a QB for the future and with the 16th pick, I doubt I can get one of the big three that late. So here is the offer on the table at this point, let me know what you think:

Miami Gives:
RB Ronnie Brown
LB Zach Thomas

Jacksonville Gives:
Mike Peterson
David Garrard
2006 1st Round Pick

His last offer had a 3rd round pick, I countered back with a 1st round. My thinking here is that Zach is a fan favorite, I know, but Peterson is an incredible MLB, and hasn't even reached prime yet. Thomas is getting older and isn't quite what he used to be. Ricky showed he's still got it at the end of last year. I like Ronnie, but with the luxury of having two quality backs, I can afford to let one go. If I can get him to agree to the 1st round pick, I think this trade is heavy in my favor. I like Garrard alot as a potential franchise QB...any thoughts?

Finally....the unrestricted free agents. Out of these guys, who do you say is a must re-sign? If you could, please give reasoning...

Seth McKinney (C)
Sammy Morris (FB)
Stocker McDougle (OT)
Sage Rosenfels (QB)
Bryan Gilmore (WR)
Travis Minor (RB)
Lance Schulters (S)
Jason Glenn (LB)
Nick Rogers (LB)
Kiwaukee Thomas (CB)
David Boston (WR)
Kendall Newson (WR)

Out of these guys, the ones I want to resign are McKinney, Morris, Schulters and that is it at this time. Who else should I target?

There are other aspects to this game, but they start at a later date. Free Agency starts this next week I believe, and the draft is in two-three weeks.

I appreciate any response, I figured I would come to the source of fans and get their opinion as it is most likely the one I should listen to.

Thanks fella's in advance!

feelthepain
02-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Isn't that cheating???

Dolphins=LIFE
02-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Garrard is a good QB, he proved that last year he could handle an NFL team, and a playoff team no less.

But, the JAX guy is robbing you blind. Ronnie Brown, In my honest opinion, is going to be an elite back one day. Zach Thomas is a leader of the team, and you can't put a price tag on that. Sure, Peterson might be younger. And their first round pick isn't worth a #2 overall selection (RB).

I'd definitely resign Sammy Morris, and maybe shop around for some upgrades at other positions. (QB, S, DT, LB, OL, CB)

G-Force
02-11-2006, 11:29 AM
I would only concern myself with Schulters. On the trade I don't beleive you should do it. We have a replacement for Zach in Channing Crowder and you don't want to trade Ronnie. Fill the o-line and search for a qb in free agency. DT will be in good shape with Manny and Vickerson with Carter and Holliday. Put almost all your attention on a veteran qb and O-line and draft a Whitehurst and some o-line with maybe a replacement for Junior.

Ark139954
02-11-2006, 11:36 AM
thats sound like a sweet game. but i would keep bell and frerrote and james. i would also resign shulters, morris and gilmore(great speacial teamer). you have to keep some of those players just because u cant make an entirely different team, and team chemistry is good right now. i would trade ricky instead of ronnie. if you cant get a 1st go for a second. ricky is older and people trust him more so they will pay the same price, but we know that ronnie will be a top 5 running back next year.in FA try to get clement or peterson(olb), and hutchinson or bentley.good luck and you can count on the phins to get you to the promise land.

dolfanknox
02-11-2006, 11:40 AM
first of all, how can i into to a league like this. this sounds killer. second of all. no way on zach and ronnie bro. i say you wait and see what happens in the draft before you go for a blockbuster trade like that. who knows who will be this years aaron rodgers. cutler could drop down to 16. you could trade up even. whitehurst and croyle could even be a possibility. check with the falcons and see what they would want for schaub. kitna is a free agent too. volek could potentially be a starter. if your concern is qb, then be patient and wait and see. i personally would try to beef up the secondary. but let me know what you think. i would love to get into a league like this. any advise?

alopez34
02-11-2006, 11:42 AM
ive always wanted to play a game like this where did u go to find this game. Let me know in a pm or post here.

G-Force
02-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Don't trade Ricky. He is Sabans fav and will most likely be starting next year. Don't listen to Ricky haters it will set you back.

Ruderic
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM
How long do you stay as GM? If this is a one year game then you can trade Ronnie. If it is a game you will have the Fins for a longtime then you must keep Ronnie.The cap ramifications of trading Ronnie Brown would normally be huge. Do these rules not apply to your game?

Ruderic
02-11-2006, 11:48 AM
By the way, I would only try and keep Shulters.

BennyVW
02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
1. Now youn need a NT! NT is one of the most importnat positions in the 3-4. Traylor was signed to the Vet min. and had a productive season. You wont see the stats cause he's a "plugger". He's used to soak up 2 blocks. There are few NT's in FA, Zgonina is not the answer and Green, Vickerson, and wright are standard DT's.

2. Mckinney sucks, Dump him and try to sign Lecharles Bently. If not Rex Hadnot is switching to C as he played it when mckinney went on IR.

3. You should have kept james unless you are trying to go after hutchinson. Do yourself a Favor and Cut Tebucky Jones. His salary next year is 6.5 million. We will be either cutting or restructoring him.

4. If you trade ronnie you will a huge cap hit of dead money. Peterson will not fit our system well, and if you dont have a good NT he will downright suck. Also i'm not sure gerrard has the cannon for our offense. Frerotte had more completions over 30 yards than any other QB last year.

5. Re-sign schulters, morris, gilmore, and Bell.

Nicky Napoleon
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
As for the trade, negative bro. You dont trade the number 2 pick and a very good MLB, for a MLB an OL and a late 1st. Not only that but if you have to stay under the cap how are you going to handle the cap hits for Ronnie and Zach leaving. It would be impossible without gutting the team.

FA-as much as I may get slammed for this I would sign McKinney to a minimum deal at worst hes a decent backup. Go after Bentley sign Schulters, McKinney, Morris, and probably a flyer on Thomas.

Bearsfan5434
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
The game is at Gridironfans.com....and I'm not spamming for this site, I promise. I'm just a poster there. There is a waiting list for the game, but people are dropping out all the time.

Here is the link to the game: http://gridironfans.com/viewforum.php?f=222

You'll have to register, as always, to post.

And thanks for the advice so far. I figured Ronnie could command alot, so I'd ask for alot....but you honestly don't think Peterson and a pick is a fair trade for Thomas? Isn't Crowder going to be playing outside in this defense? That's the only reason I was pursuing a MLB so hard.

G-Force
02-11-2006, 11:53 AM
1. Now youn need a NT! NT is one of the most importnat positions in the 3-4. Traylor was signed to the Vet min. and had a productive season. You wont see the stats cause he's a "plugger". He's used to soak up 2 blocks. There are few NT's in FA, Zgonina is not the answer and Green, Vickerson, and wright are standard DT's.

2. Mckinney sucks, Dump him and try to sign Lecharles Bently. If not Rex Hadnot is switching to C as he played it when mckinney went on IR.

3. You should have kept james unless you are trying to go after hutchinson. Do yourself a Favor and Cut Tebucky Jones. His salary next year is 6.5 million. We will be either cutting or restructoring him.

4. If you trade ronnie you will a huge cap hit of dead money. Peterson will not fit our system well, and if you dont have a good NT he will downright suck. Also i'm not sure gerrard has the cannon for our offense. Frerotte had more completions over 30 yards than any other QB last year.

5. Re-sign schulters, morris, gilmore, and Bell.I disagree with you on Manny and Kevin. Manny played well late in the year and Vickerson was getting nothing but praise before those sorry cheap shoting falcons came to town. With their size and the mentors they have I beleive we have two beasts almost ready to be unleashed.

Bearsfan5434
02-11-2006, 11:55 AM
How long do you stay as GM? If this is a one year game then you can trade Ronnie. If it is a game you will have the Fins for a longtime then you must keep Ronnie.The cap ramifications of trading Ronnie Brown would normally be huge. Do these rules not apply to your game?

This is a one year game........and I should have specified, the only way to take a cap hit in this game is to release a player. Trades don't effect the cap at all, UNLESS you franchise a player and then trade him, then the money goes with.

redclamcrowder
02-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey bearsfan5434! Just a quick question: how do you find this kind of game... is there a link you couple provide for us?... ok: to answer your question... I would definitely keep Bell and offer him a tender to keep him with the team... if healthy, he should be special...resign Gilmore, Glenn, and Morris to keep a good special teams unit in tact...also, Schulters would be a good one to resign simply because in an already weak secondary he is a good veteran worth a decent buck...as for your trade senario I have two things: one, if you are gonna trade R.Brown, get more than a number 1 for him, at least two or a pair of high second rounders, the kid is gonna be special and it would be dumb to give him up for nothing... as for Thomas and Peterson, I agree on your analysis of the two, but would only trade Thomas straight up for Peterson and a mid round pick...

G-Force
02-11-2006, 11:57 AM
The game is at Gridironfans.com....and I'm not spamming for this site, I promise. I'm just a poster there. There is a waiting list for the game, but people are dropping out all the time.

Here is the link to the game: http://gridironfans.com/viewforum.php?f=222

You'll have to register, as always, to post.

And thanks for the advice so far. I figured Ronnie could command alot, so I'd ask for alot....but you honestly don't think Peterson and a pick is a fair trade for Thomas? Isn't Crowder going to be playing outside in this defense? That's the only reason I was pursuing a MLB so hard.No he played and started at OLB because of Seau's injury. He received nothing but praise for being a rookie and learning both positions so well. For this year it will probably be Zach , Spragen, and Channing but as soon as Zach is gone Channing will be the man and leader in the middle of the D.

Bearsfan5434
02-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I understand this logic, and I may try and get him back. Thanks for the heads up

James isn't a huge name in this game, and I'm pretty confident I can resign him pretty cheap, compared to his current 2006 salary ($2.5 million). I do have every intention to bring him back.

Also, Jones' salary for 2006, according to the NFLPA.com site is $3 million. If I release him, I'll save $2.7 million in cap space according to the way our site admin figures it. So far, I started the game with $3 million in cap space, and after my initial releases, I've gotten that number up to $10.9 million, with a Jones release, I'll get that number up to $13.6 million...attractive number if you ask me.

Again, I should have mentioned this...trades don't effect the cap unless you trade a player that was franchised, which is not the case. The game isn't about systems and all that...I'm sure we'll be that in depth in a couple of years, but right now it doesn't matter. We're upgrading whereever possible while maintaining cap space. I'm very confident in Garrard, don't know if you saw him play, but the guy can downright launch a pass downfield.

5. Re-sign schulters, morris, gilmore, and Bell.
Why Bell if you don't mind me asking?

alopez34
02-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I have logged in and am trying to express my interest in playing. plz let me know how to join the game. by log in is finfan3234

Bearsfan5434
02-11-2006, 12:26 PM
There is a waiting list for the game:

http://gridironfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=20625

I believe the Bills job just opened up, and I don't know if it's opened back up.

The prize by the way is $200 to the winner...the winner is voted on by all 32 GM's. It doesn't cost anything to play.

Pocoloco
02-11-2006, 12:29 PM
you should see if you can get Phillip Rivers for our first-rounder

Mile High Fin
02-11-2006, 12:31 PM
I understand this logic, and I may try and get him back. Thanks for the heads up

James isn't a huge name in this game, and I'm pretty confident I can resign him pretty cheap, compared to his current 2006 salary ($2.5 million). I do have every intention to bring him back.

Also, Jones' salary for 2006, according to the NFLPA.com site is $3 million. If I release him, I'll save $2.7 million in cap space according to the way our site admin figures it. So far, I started the game with $3 million in cap space, and after my initial releases, I've gotten that number up to $10.9 million, with a Jones release, I'll get that number up to $13.6 million...attractive number if you ask me.

Again, I should have mentioned this...trades don't effect the cap unless you trade a player that was franchised, which is not the case. The game isn't about systems and all that...I'm sure we'll be that in depth in a couple of years, but right now it doesn't matter. We're upgrading whereever possible while maintaining cap space. I'm very confident in Garrard, don't know if you saw him play, but the guy can downright launch a pass downfield.

Why Bell if you don't mind me asking?

Bell is a GREAT Special Teams guy......and he's played VERY solid at Safety when he got the chance. If we don't draft a Safety, Bell could be a solid Safety for us (or any other team).

You should trade Ricky.......not Ronnie. Ronnie was the #2 overall selection last year for a reason. He's going to have a breakout year in 2006. He's a future TOP 5 RB......no doubt.

Garrard's a good QB, but giving up Ronnie/Thomas is too much. Zach Thomas, although he's lost a LITTLE BIT, just had one of his best years of his career in 2005. Zach's still plays at an elite level.....I'd say he's probably a top 6-7 MLB in the NFL in 2006......just look at his production. And he's a team LEADER. So Peterson's NOT much of an upgrade....at all. You're losing A LOT by trading Zach.
Thomas/Peterson is about a push IMO...at best. Thus, giving up Ronnie (the future franchise RB & #2 overall pick last year), for Garrard & late 1st is NOT fair value. Trade Ricky instead of Ronnie.....that'd be a good trade.

Look for a QB like Schaub, Brad Johnson, re-sign Frerotte at a REDUCED price, or another FA QB, and draft a rookie to develop (ie, Jacobs, Croyle, Whitehurst, and maybe Cutler falls to you).

Resign Schulters, Morris, Gilmore, and McKinney (for vet min. as a backup).
Get Bentley in FA to replace him.

Oh, and Keith Traylor played awesome for us in 2005 (even despite his age). His salary is really low too! I'd resign him for a small salary for 2006. A true NT is very valuable....and he's a bargain.

Bearsfan5434
02-11-2006, 12:31 PM
you should see if you can get Phillip Rivers for our first-rounder

I would, but the Chargers owner just traded away Brees. I would also go for Schaub, but they traded Vick to the Lions....so Garrard is my main focus.

Mile High Fin
02-11-2006, 12:34 PM
I would, but the Chargers owner just traded away Brees. I would also go for Schaub, but they traded Vick to the Lions....so Garrard is my main focus.

Sounds more likely that Cutler will fall to you in the draft.
Detroit has Vick now.

alopez34
02-11-2006, 12:51 PM
There is a waiting list for the game:

http://gridironfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=20625

I believe the Bills job just opened up, and I don't know if it's opened back up.

The prize by the way is $200 to the winner...the winner is voted on by all 32 GM's. It doesn't cost anything to play.

i try to post a reply saying this
Sorry, but only users granted special access can reply to posts in this forum.

i have registered and activated my account

Bearsfan5434
02-11-2006, 12:56 PM
What is your email? I can't reply to PM's here, as I don't have 50 posts yet, but you can still send it to me, and from there I can pass it on to the admin. He's on the site now, so if you want to PM him, his name is ChrisBob, he responds quickly so......if you need any help finding him, let me know.

spydertl79
02-11-2006, 01:16 PM
We have a game like that here on finheaven, i participated last year and got the vikings. There is going to be a minimum post requirement to play in it this year (2000 or so).

Nicky Napoleon
02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
We have a game like that here on finheaven, i participated last year and got the vikings. There is going to be a minimum post requirement to play in it this year (2000 or so).

Where is it and I want in. I have the posts to play.

dolphindude13
02-11-2006, 02:07 PM
So far, I've released Gus Frerotte (huge salary cap help), Jeno James (who I hope to get back at a reduced price), Junior Seau (isn't helping me at all at this point, nor the team in general), and Keith Traylor (again, is old and isn't doing much for his money). I have not offered tenders to either restricted free agent (Yeremiah Bell and Alonzo Aphraim). I had considered offering a bid on Bell, but decided not too.

Also, I've been in talks with the Jacksonville GM concerning his QB, David Garrard. Since I've let Gus go, I need a QB for the future and with the 16th pick, I doubt I can get one of the big three that late. So here is the offer on the table at this point, let me know what you think:

Miami Gives:
RB Ronnie Brown
LB Zach Thomas

Jacksonville Gives:
Mike Peterson
David Garrard
2006 1st Round Pick

His last offer had a 3rd round pick, I countered back with a 1st round. My thinking here is that Zach is a fan favorite, I know, but Peterson is an incredible MLB, and hasn't even reached prime yet. Thomas is getting older and isn't quite what he used to be. Ricky showed he's still got it at the end of last year. I like Ronnie, but with the luxury of having two quality backs, I can afford to let one go. If I can get him to agree to the 1st round pick, I think this trade is heavy in my favor. I like Garrard alot as a potential franchise QB...any thoughts?

Finally....the unrestricted free agents. Out of these guys, who do you say is a must re-sign? If you could, please give reasoning...

Seth McKinney (C)
Sammy Morris (FB)
Stocker McDougle (OT)
Sage Rosenfels (QB)
Bryan Gilmore (WR)
Travis Minor (RB)
Lance Schulters (S)
Jason Glenn (LB)
Nick Rogers (LB)
Kiwaukee Thomas (CB)
David Boston (WR)
Kendall Newson (WR)

Out of these guys, the ones I want to resign are McKinney, Morris, Schulters and that is it at this time. Who else should I target? 1st point...No problems with the cuts but I might have looked at keeping Bell. 2nd and main point.....No way No How do I trade Ronnie Brown in that deal. As cold as it sounds to Fin fans about trading Zach, I could almost live with that part of it because of Peterson in return. But no way do I trade my franchise back and leave my teams future in the hands of a schizo pot head that has already walked out on my team once. What's the ole saying about "Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice and shame on me". Gerrard might be a decent QB and might not. Ronnie will be a stud for years to come. Try putting Ricky in the deal and getting back a 3rd rd pick instead of a 1st.
Next I think the only must sign free agent would be Schulters. He played very well for us and has a nose for the ball. Mckinney would be next I guess but just for depth at the position because he leaves a little to be desired for me.....also I'd be curious to know who you plan on going after in free agency.....Hutchinson? Wayne? T.O?:dolphins:

dolphindude13
02-11-2006, 02:23 PM
I would, but the Chargers owner just traded away Brees. I would also go for Schaub, but they traded Vick to the Lions....so Garrard is my main focus.Where did Brees go? Also if Vick went to the Lions and Brees went to one of the other teams looking at QB then it seems a lock that Cutler would be available at 16.:D

Bearsfan5434
02-12-2006, 12:25 AM
1st point...No problems with the cuts but I might have looked at keeping Bell. 2nd and main point.....No way No How do I trade Ronnie Brown in that deal. As cold as it sounds to Fin fans about trading Zach, I could almost live with that part of it because of Peterson in return. But no way do I trade my franchise back and leave my teams future in the hands of a schizo pot head that has already walked out on my team once. What's the ole saying about "Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice and shame on me". Gerrard might be a decent QB and might not. Ronnie will be a stud for years to come. Try putting Ricky in the deal and getting back a 3rd rd pick instead of a 1st.
Next I think the only must sign free agent would be Schulters. He played very well for us and has a nose for the ball. Mckinney would be next I guess but just for depth at the position because he leaves a little to be desired for me.....also I'd be curious to know who you plan on going after in free agency.....Hutchinson? Wayne? T.O?:dolphins:

Ok...wanted to give you guys an update...for those who care.:D

-I have released Tebucky Jones with every intention of bringing him back at a cheaper price.

-I tendered Yeremiah Bell, which can be matched by another team at this point, so I could ultimately lose him.

-The negotiations with the Jags have come to a screeching halt. He was not willing to part with Peterson after all, and after hearing the passion that you guys spoke with about Ronnie, I did not want to trade him either. The latest counter back from him was Ronnie and my 2nd round pick this year for David Garrard, his 1st & 3rd round picks this year, and a 2nd round pick next year. I did of course reject the deal.

-In the meantime, I did open negotiations with San Diego as the deal involving Drew Brees fell through and so he is now on my radar. He was franchised by the San Diego GM, and so if I do acquire him, I also acquire his $7 million dollar franchise fee, which brings my salary cap figure down to $6.9 million, enough to fill a spot or two. What he wants in return is Ricky Williams, a WR or a FS, and he's willing to part with Brees and a couple of picks from this year's draft. What do you guys think about this deal? Trade and take the serious cap hit, or go for Rivers instead and avoid the major cap hit. Again, everyone's resounding voice saying "DON'T TRADE RONNIE!!!" has convinced me so I am willing to part ways with Ricky. As far as my WR situation goes, do I trade Marty Booker? I love the guy...really do, and I feel with him and Chambers, I have one of the best 1-2 punches at WR around. Who else is there that is decent on "our" roster at WR or FS that could be used as bait?

Again fella's, I appreciate the response, make a fellow NFL fan feel welcome!

dolphindude13
02-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Unfortunately the safety position is not a strength for this team and by trading Booker you give a hit to the WR corp. Of course in reality I would jump all over taking Brees for Ricky and absorb the cap hit. Brees could lead this team right now to the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl, while Rivers might take a year or 2 and possibly cost you more in picks or players right now. But unfortunately this game your playing is fantasy!:(

PhinSoldia
02-12-2006, 01:35 AM
talking about that when are the mods going to get the 06 version of our game started....for those who knew the REDSKINS were CHEATED...lol jk but lets get that started ASAP

dolphindude13
02-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I don't know when it starts but man I want in on it. Sounds really in depth and fun.

adolfan131313
02-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I'm involved in this NFL GM game where we're given the reins of an NFL team (chosen at random, and I drew Miami).

The task given is to conduct moves that strengthen your team, which can be done in the way of free agent signing, franchise tags, tendering offers to restricted free agents, trades, and the draft. We have to do all this and stay under the cap as well.

Hopefully, up to this point I haven't lost anyone. First order of business so far has been offering tenders to restricted free agents, franchising players, and naming who will be released.

Miami Gives:
RB Ronnie Brown
LB Zach Thomas

Jacksonville Gives:
Mike Peterson
David Garrard
2006 1st Round Pick

Seth McKinney (C)
Sammy Morris (FB)
Stocker McDougle (OT)
Sage Rosenfels (QB)
Bryan Gilmore (WR)
Travis Minor (RB)
Lance Schulters (S)
Jason Glenn (LB)
Nick Rogers (LB)
Kiwaukee Thomas (CB)
David Boston (WR)
Kendall Newson (WR)

Out of these guys, the ones I want to resign are McKinney, Morris, Schulters and that is it at this time. Who else should I target?

There are other aspects to this game, but they start at a later date. Free Agency starts this next week I believe, and the draft is in two-three weeks.

I appreciate any response, I figured I would come to the source of fans and get their opinion as it is most likely the one I should listen to.

Thanks fella's in advance!
agree

Prime Time
02-12-2006, 02:36 AM
I want to play the 06 game of this on FH but as Miami..I played in 04..as Tampa..

Roman529
02-12-2006, 03:41 AM
I would seriously get rid of Seth McKinney....the guy just plain out sucks....I don't know if there is anything about him I like. :shakeno:

lynchmobb34
02-12-2006, 04:56 AM

Why is there a required post to play?I have played every year,stayed active all through out,and dont think i should be left out just because i dont make regular posts.

jbond
02-12-2006, 04:58 AM
take the hit and get brees

match any offer for Bell within reason. He's a bright spot on our 2ndary when he's had the chance to play and a good ST to boot. He knows our defense and is comfortable with our DBs/CBs (Poole should be coming back, Daniels etc.)

If you can resign Kiwaukee Thomas cheap, keep him. Saban liked what he saw in him and he started moving up the depth chart but still needs more experience (good to use in dime/nickel packages or as a backup.)

Keep Gilmore, he's a great ST flyer (he's ungodly fast....but his hands are so-so or else he'd be a top WR).

Don't trade Ronnie.

Keep Morris (we got him to be a solid ST but he can also function as a backup RB which may come in handy if you dump Ricky).

Keep Minor as well if you get rid of Ricky for the same reasons. If you keep Ricky...forget Minor but keep Sammy.

Schulters...keep him if there are no others available as an upgrade. He made some nice plays last year although he seemed to be out of position sometimes, which I'll attribute to the new defensive scheme and his first year with the team and new teammates.

Bearsfan5434
02-19-2006, 02:16 AM
Alright fella's, it's been awhile since I've updated, so here goes......

Trades:
Ricky Williams for Phillip Rivers + SD 3rd & 5th round picks
Randy McMichael & Will Poole for Ronde Barber

Signings
CB Juran Bolden (from TB)
QB Jon Kitna (from Cin)
FB Tony Richardson (from KC)
WR Reche Caldwell (from SD)
FS Chris Hope (from PIT)
RB Dominic Rhodes (from IND)
OLB Michael Boley (from ATL)

Released
Alonzo Ephraim (C)
Seth McKinney (C)
Sammy Morris (FB)
Stocker McDougle (OT)
Sage Rosenfels (QB)
Bryan Gilmore (WR)
Travis Minor (RB)
Lance Schulters (S)
Jason Glenn (LB)
Nick Rogers (LB)
Kiwaukee Thomas (CB)
David Boston (WR)
Kendall Newson (WR)
Junior Seau (LB)
Gus Frerotte (QB)
Jeno James (OG)
Keith Traylor (DT)
Tebucky Jones (S)

Current Trade On the Table
The deal involves the KC Chiefs:
From the Dolphins:
Jason Taylor, Channing Crowder, 1st round (16th), 2nd round & 3rd round (of two that I have)

for

Jared Allen, Derrick Johnson, Will Shields, and 1st round (19th)

We're swapping 1st round picks.........

I need your help on deciding whether or not to do this trade......

Here is my thinking: Allen is a great talent at DE....Taylor is great as well, but is older. Crowder is great and so is D. Johnson...I think Johnson will be better over time. Will Shields would fill a big need at Guard for me....the 2nd and 3rd are enticement to make this deal happen. I'm thinking I should pull the 2nd out here and just leave the 3rd.

Keep in mind that this trade does not effect my cap at all...this is just a straight up trade offer at this point.

Any help is appreciated at this time....thanks fella's!

BTW.....here is my current depth chart:

2006 MIAMI DOLPHINS DEPTH CHART
QB: Phillip Rivers, Jon Kitna
RB: Ronnie Brown, Dominic Rhodes
FB: Tony Richardson
WR: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Reche Caldwell
TE: Lorenzo Diamond
LT: Damion McIntosh
LG: Joe Berger
C: Rex Hadnot
RG: Vernon Carey
RT: Tom Ashworth

LE: Kevin Carter
NT: Vonnie Holliday
DT: Kevin Vickerson
RE: Jason Taylor
LOLB: Channing Crowder
MLB: Zach Thomas
ROLB: Michael Boley
CB: Juran Bolden
CB: Sam Madison
FS: Chris Hope
SS: Ronde Barber

Nicky Napoleon
02-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Well I have expressed my opinions on the Barber trade to you, but you need to yank the Chiefs deal NOW!!!! That is as lop sided a trade as my Ladell Betts and a 6th for Jonathan Vilma.