PDA

View Full Version : Things in Madden you wished happen in real life...

Silverphin
02-12-2006, 06:18 PM
You know you've done it. During the season of Madden, you take your favorite team (in our cases, the 'Phins) and do something you just absolutely wish happened in real life. Here's my list:

-Go undefeated during the regular season and win the Super Bowl
-Do the preceeding with a rookie for a QB (since I don't have a saved NCAA profile, I drafted Madden generated QB Deron Lewis in the 5th round), and a rookie OLB (Rod Harris, another Madden generated).
-AFC Pro Bowl Team with Ronnie Brown, rookie QB, Damion McIntosh, Reggie Howard, Sam Madison, Dolphin's veteran CB (mine was Aaran Beasley), Lance Schulters, young SS (Mine was created), Stockar McDougle, Damion McIntosh, Jeno James, Wade Smith, Travis Daniels, Randy McMichael, Jason Taylor, and Keith Traylor
-Sam Madison breaking the single game Int. Record
-Ronnie Brown breaking the single season rushing record
-Reggie Howard not getting burned
-David Boston actually living up to the hype.
-Heath Evans actually being a damn good Fullback
-Blowing out the Patriots and making Tom Brady lool like a Brook Trout

Post yours.....

Alex44
02-12-2006, 06:24 PM
My favorite thing I did was have wes welker have a 100+ catch season and win the superbowl

Other accomplishments include

Trading for Alex Smith and having him throw 74 TD's and 3 INT's in all madden mode through the season

and Having Ronnie Brown rush for 2500+ yards

Buddwalk
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
My favorite thing I did was have wes welker have a 100+ catch season and win the superbowl

Other accomplishments include

Trading for Alex Smith and having him throw 74 TD's and 3 INT's in all madden mode through the season

and Having Ronnie Brown rush for 2500+ yards

kinda wierd in my madden seasons like 5-6 rbs run for over 2k plus yards wierd

PeaTearGriffin
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
put madden on mute!

unifiedtheory
02-12-2006, 07:02 PM
In the season I just started (it's 2 weeks old) I've gotten Ronnie 2 straight games of over 100 yards rushing and recieving and 6 T.D.'s. After 2 weeks he has over 500 yards from scrimmage...BTW, Ricky has 250 yards rushing through 2 weeks as well (on All Madden incidentially.)

The sad part is L.T. has won offensive player of the week for weeks 1 and 2....he has over 100 carries and 500 yards rushing in 2 games.:lol:

Alex44
02-12-2006, 07:05 PM
kinda wierd in my madden seasons like 5-6 rbs run for over 2k plus yards wierd

They always get about 1800 in mine

My most rushing yards ever was over 3000 with Ronnie but he was a raider....sometimes I like to start with really bad teams and build them through trades and such

Motion
02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Draft Jay Cutler

spanish jonny
02-13-2006, 09:49 AM
I've always had a problem with cheating by getting a load of top draft picks by creating and trading players so last week I decided to play by the rules.

I played the first season so that I finished 9-7. In the offseason I bypassed the retiring section 'cos only Seau and Frerotte ever retire. I re-signed McMichael and Boston and tagged Stockar. It was in Rookie scouting that I then noticed something in the rosters. NO ZACH! Retired!! Anyway I continued on and drafted a QB, Tayshaun Williams, 21, 6'4", 222lb. South paw. Brilliant. In FA I got LeCharles Bentley, Reggie Wayne and the Hareem Brock, the latter turning out to be brilliant. Unbeaten, QB, Ronnie, CC, Crowder and a few others in the Pro Bowl.

Just finished FA I got Seymour and Asante Samuel. And lastly, though I know I'll be shot for this, as I got Seymour, I traded JT & Reggie Wayne and a 2nd pick for Chad Johnson.

Agent51
02-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Draft Jay Cutler

I drafted Cutler as a Dolphin, but it was COMPLETELY by accident, lol. This was Madden first came out so Cutler hadn't genertaed any hype yet. I simmed the previous season to get to my first draft in franchise mode and it turns out I got the #1 overall (we went like 2-14) and so I took Leinert, just because his stats were INSANELY good (and overrated) in NCAA and they transfered just as good to Madden. Well in like round 5 I was browsing through and I looked at my "big board" in the top left and it said my best pick is a CB but STUPIDLY I was in the QB section and I was so tired (it was like 3am, lol) I thought it said CB and so I just clicked right there to draft the guy at the top of the list, didn't even look at his name, til my fans BOOED that is, then I went into the "pkayers drafted" section and noticed it said Jay Cutler, I was like, "DAMN IT, I just drafted 2 QBs!". I ended up signing him because he was super cheap. I forgot what his overall rating was (it's like 4 seasons later now) but I actually traded Leinart away and Cutler is my started now. I tried hard to play with Leinart, but I just couldn't. First the whole left handed QB took getting used to then Leinart was just missing passes ALL the time and getting sacked because he couldn't even step right quick enough (I play on all madden). So one game I got so pissed I put Jay in, and I came from 9 points down to win it and Jay went something like 18 of 23 with 3 TDs and no sacks or INTs. It was after week 6 so I couldn't trade Matt so I just kept him and kept Jay starting so his ratings could grow. I traded Matt in the offseason plus my 1st rounder for the 1st overall pick and I took myself, lol, HB out of Texas. Turns out my guy, and ONLY my guy, changed from white in college to black in the NFL, and there was no way to change that, so I had to play a whole season with a black me, lol, then I changed his name and traded him away and created myself and signed him in free agency. The worst thing was EVER SINGLE OTHER friend that I created in NCAA, white or black, kept their proper skin color except me, lol. I thought at first maybe Madden didn't allow white HBs but then my two other friends I created that are white and HBs transferred fine. Madden better fix that next year :fire:

Alex44
02-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I drafted Cutler as a Dolphin, but it was COMPLETELY by accident, lol. This was Madden first came out so Cutler hadn't genertaed any hype yet. I simmed the previous season to get to my first draft in franchise mode and it turns out I got the #1 overall (we went like 2-14) and so I took Leinert, just because his stats were INSANELY good (and overrated) in NCAA and they transfered just as good to Madden. Well in like round 5 I was browsing through and I looked at my "big board" in the top left and it said my best pick is a CB but STUPIDLY I was in the QB section and I was so tired (it was like 3am, lol) I thought it said CB and so I just clicked right there to draft the guy at the top of the list, didn't even look at his name, til my fans BOOED that is, then I went into the "pkayers drafted" section and noticed it said Jay Cutler, I was like, "DAMN IT, I just drafted 2 QBs!". I ended up signing him because he was super cheap. I forgot what his overall rating was (it's like 4 seasons later now) but I actually traded Leinart away and Cutler is my started now. I tried hard to play with Leinart, but I just couldn't. First the whole left handed QB took getting used to then Leinart was just missing passes ALL the time and getting sacked because he couldn't even step right quick enough (I play on all madden). So one game I got so pissed I put Jay in, and I came from 9 points down to win it and Jay went something like 18 of 23 with 3 TDs and no sacks or INTs. It was after week 6 so I couldn't trade Matt so I just kept him and kept Jay starting so his ratings could grow. I traded Matt in the offseason plus my 1st rounder for the 1st overall pick and I took myself, lol, HB out of Texas. Turns out my guy, and ONLY my guy, changed from white in college to black in the NFL, and there was no way to change that, so I had to play a whole season with a black me, lol, then I changed his name (to dave chappelle) and traded him away and created myself and signed him in free agency. The worst thing was EVER SINGLE OTHER friend that I created in NCAA, white or black, kept their proper skin color except me, lol. I thought at first maybe Madden didn't allow white HBs but then my two other friends I created that are white and HBs transferred fine. Madden better fix that next year :fire:

Dont get me started on left handed QB's I cant play with them at all

The plays I use are usually bootleg plays to the right, and they always work to that side, but when I try to run them the other way I just cant do it, then I try to run them to the right the QB gets in the wrong poistion and throws it wierd, as a result I play better as Cleo Lemon than I do Michael Vick

I always make myself black anyway I make myself a reciever with dreadlocks usually :lol: I dont like the way white players look, besides Jerry Rice is my football idol so I make myself look like him sorta....but with dreads lol

Agent51
02-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Dont get me started on left handed QB's I cant play with them at all

The plays I use are usually bootleg plays to the right, and they always work to that side, but when I try to run them the other way I just cant do it, then I try to run them to the right the QB gets in the wrong poistion and throws it wierd, as a result I play better as Cleo Lemon than I do Michael Vick

I always make myself black anyway I make myself a reciever with dreadlocks usually :lol: I dont like the way white players look, besides Jerry Rice is my football idol so I make myself look like him sorta....but with dreads lol

Yea sometimes just for fun I'll make a black dude because, you're right, the white guys ALWAYS look funny, no matter what face you pick they all look the same and have that stupid smile look all the time. The thing is when I create myself and wanna follow him from college to the pros I want it to be accurate, and since I am white it makes sense that my created guy shoud be, lol. It turned me black in Superstar mode, when I was white in heisman mode, and black in franchise mode when I was white in dynasty mode. NOTHING is more frustrating than playing 8 seasons total, 4 franchise, which wa sfun, and 4 heisman, which was L-A-M-E since you couldn't do ANYTHING other than play the games, all for nothing basically because my guy changed to black and therefore wasn't ME and so I just had to create him from scratch, which I could've saved myself the 8 seasons of play and just done anyway. NEVER before has my guy switched from white to black until this year, man I was PISSED, lol.

Mr Dolfan
02-14-2006, 03:25 AM
Trade Ricky Williams for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick from a team:spot:

burger13
02-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Dolphins draft rookie QB with 99 speed (4.23 40). Leads them to SB in his second year

AquaInferno
02-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Take AJ Feeley, go undefeated improve him to 90's overall, make him MVP, and QB of the year. Make Lamar Gordon one of the best in the NFL. (This was in Madden 05)

NJL52
02-14-2006, 09:28 PM
With Zach Thomas I got 237 tackles, 21 picks, 26 sacks, like 40 passes defended. Like 12 fumbles forced and recovered. 10 defensive touchdowns.

Defensive Player of the Year and MVP.

Alex44
02-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Yea sometimes just for fun I'll make a black dude because, you're right, the white guys ALWAYS look funny, no matter what face you pick they all look the same and have that stupid smile look all the time. The thing is when I create myself and wanna follow him from college to the pros I want it to be accurate, and since I am white it makes sense that my created guy shoud be, lol. It turned me black in Superstar mode, when I was white in heisman mode, and black in franchise mode when I was white in dynasty mode. NOTHING is more frustrating than playing 8 seasons total, 4 franchise, which wa sfun, and 4 heisman, which was L-A-M-E since you couldn't do ANYTHING other than play the games, all for nothing basically because my guy changed to black and therefore wasn't ME and so I just had to create him from scratch, which I could've saved myself the 8 seasons of play and just done anyway. NEVER before has my guy switched from white to black until this year, man I was PISSED, lol.

Couldnt you just have made him white by editing him?

How does a guys stats convert from NCAA 06 heisman to Madden? Is he good at first or do his stats fall a lot?

Because I only have the patience to do it if he is good right outta heisman mode

HysterikiLL
02-15-2006, 07:07 AM
I just finished my first superstar mode season with Miami!! They drafted me at OLB...I had 130+ tackles, 7 INTS, 9 sacks and won DPOY. We won the superbowl vs the Eagles and I just got blown out in week 1 of season 2 51-10 by the Chargers :( The stupid AI-Saban signed Tony Romo as our veteran QB and drafted a 5th round QB who sucks ***.

AquaInferno
02-15-2006, 10:12 AM
I just finished my first superstar mode season with Miami!! They drafted me at OLB...I had 130+ tackles, 7 INTS, 9 sacks and won DPOY. We won the superbowl vs the Eagles and I just got blown out in week 1 of season 2 51-10 by the Chargers :( The stupid AI-Saban signed Tony Romo as our veteran QB and drafted a 5th round QB who sucks ***.
Exactly why I prefer Franchise over Superstar mode, I like to control the team, hell with all the forum GMs we got around here EVERYONE should be doing Franchise mode if you post on FH. :lol:

Agent51
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Couldnt you just have made him white by editing him?

How does a guys stats convert from NCAA 06 heisman to Madden? Is he good at first or do his stats fall a lot?

Because I only have the patience to do it if he is good right outta heisman mode

Nope, trust me, tried a MILLION time sand it pissed me off to no end. You can edit EVERYTHING about him BUT his skin color. I could change his name, height, weight, number, equipment, but NOT his damn skin color. I even turned off the game and re-loaded my guy in superstar or re-did the draft in franchise like 10347 times thinking maybe it randomized the skin color for some reason, nope, everytime he came out a black dude, which wouldn't have botherwed me if I didn't want the guy to be ME, and since I am not black that presented an accuracy problem, lol.

I depends on how good you play in Heisman. My first 2 seasons I sucked, I was in the low 80s (took time to get used to jukes being on the right stick for me) but my junior and senior season in Race for te Heisman mode I blew up and my guy graduated a 98, he got drafted by the pats in the first round. Then when I kept re-doing it because he kept coming out black, lol, he never went higher than 5th in round two or lower than 27th in round two, but his overall was a 91, which makes me think the draft system in that mode is SUPER flawed since 91 rated players don't usually drop into the 2nd round, unles my "off the field" problem of changing skin colors scared the crap out of them, lol.

In franchise mode my guy was rated an 87 (I create accuarate to my own stats, I don't make 99 everything) and by the time he finished his 3 years (left as a junior, I couldn't convince him to stay) he was a 96, tranfered to a 92 in Madden.

Alex44
02-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Nope, trust me, tried a MILLION time sand it pissed me off to no end. You can edit EVERYTHING about him BUT his skin color. I could change his name, height, weight, number, equipment, but NOT his damn skin color. I even turned off the game and re-loaded my guy in superstar or re-did the draft in franchise like 10347 times thinking maybe it randomized the skin color for some reason, nope, everytime he came out a black dude, which wouldn't have botherwed me if I didn't want the guy to be ME, and since I am not black that presented an accuracy problem, lol.

I depends on how good you play in Heisman. My first 2 seasons I sucked, I was in the low 80s (took time to get used to jukes being on the right stick for me) but my junior and senior season in Race for te Heisman mode I blew up and my guy graduated a 98, he got drafted by the pats in the first round. Then when I kept re-doing it because he kept coming out black, lol, he never went higher than 5th in round two or lower than 27th in round two, but his overall was a 91, which makes me think the draft system in that mode is SUPER flawed since 91 rated players don't usually drop into the 2nd round, unles my "off the field" problem of changing skin colors scared the crap out of them, lol.

In franchise mode my guy was rated an 87 (I create accuarate to my own stats, I don't make 99 everything) and by the time he finished his 3 years (left as a junior, I couldn't convince him to stay) he was a 96, tranfered to a 92 in Madden.

Maybe in NCAA you had his skin color as medium and he converted to black? Thats the last thing I can think of

Im always trying to convince Vince Young to come back for his senior year so he can improve.....but he never comes back, I broke all the NCAA passing and rushing records with him, so needless to say next season if he came back his stats would be crazy.....but he always leaves for the draft

So I simulated a season in madden, took over the team with the worst record, relocated them to some really really cold city, Put together a coaching staff with 0 experience, Drafted Reggie Bush in the first round and Vince Young in the second and my team is awsome, almost everyone is a damn rookie but they make plays and the teams pretty good

Man in superstar mode I played corner and my overall was 90, I got drafted in like the 4th round It makes me mad, why cant they take you earlier?

Slappy8800
02-17-2006, 11:10 AM
id like the punt return team to not block anyone, the DBs to knock down every pass, the WRs to drop wide open passes

PassRush
02-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I drafted a quarterback named Chuck Henderson, he is 6'8, 290lbs. It is week 11 and he has thrown for 55 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. Somehow Ronnie has 1400 yards.

Agent51
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Maybe in NCAA you had his skin color as medium and he converted to black? Thats the last thing I can think of

Im always trying to convince Vince Young to come back for his senior year so he can improve.....but he never comes back, I broke all the NCAA passing and rushing records with him, so needless to say next season if he came back his stats would be crazy.....but he always leaves for the draft

So I simulated a season in madden, took over the team with the worst record, relocated them to some really really cold city, Put together a coaching staff with 0 experience, Drafted Reggie Bush in the first round and Vince Young in the second and my team is awsome, almost everyone is a damn rookie but they make plays and the teams pretty good

Man in superstar mode I played corner and my overall was 90, I got drafted in like the 4th round It makes me mad, why cant they take you earlier?

Trust me, he was white in NCAA, lol. Oh well, it pissed me off at the time but nothing I can do about it so whatever, it just better be fixed next year.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Trust me, he was white in NCAA, lol. Oh well, it pissed me off at the time but nothing I can do about it so whatever, it just better be fixed next year.

Thats weird

Haha My latest accomplishment

Week 3 first season

Team- Titans

Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd are my 2 WR's and are lighting it up

Chris Brown is my FB and Clinton Portis is my RB and we are torching teams on the ground to