PDA

View Full Version : madden defensive tips

Phin-o-rama
02-14-2006, 01:30 PM
hey i am looking for some tips on playing defense in madden 06

i have trouble stopping the run to the outside for example....i play with the phins every game...

i usualy run a 4-3...over/under when i think they are runnin the ball...and i just suck

now granted i always remind myself the phins are a 70 overall, and playing the colts/falcons/etc im gonna get the ball moved on me ...hehe

so any good defensive tips?...oh im on xbox live, so even if someone wants to play sometime and tell me over the mic what to do :D

lol

Phin-o-rama
02-14-2006, 05:25 PM
guess there is no good madden players here

dolfanattic5
02-14-2006, 08:11 PM
im onlie on xbox and ps2 hit me up my live name is luni jugg

Slappy8800
02-14-2006, 08:14 PM
there no magic play to stop the outside run....

AquaInferno
02-14-2006, 08:35 PM
What you need is a blitz scheme where your OLBS go outside the DEs, if you know what way they are running crash to that side, but if you're wrong you could be lookin at being down 6 points off of one run.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2006, 04:29 PM
stupid question

how do you tuck the ball and run as a QB on xbox

ive looked everywhere in the manual, ingame controller settings etc.

just dont see it :(

Agent51
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
stupid question

how do you tuck the ball and run as a QB on xbox

ive looked everywhere in the manual, ingame controller settings etc.

just dont see it :(

If the same as for PS2 and you are talking about Madden 06 then you don't, you can scramble around back there using X (or A on Xbox) to sprint but he automatically tucks after he crosses the line of scrimmage, it's not like last year where you press triangle to drop the icons and now he is like a running back.

Phin-o-rama
02-16-2006, 01:05 PM
if i hike the ball then press (A) for sprint i will throw it to A rcvr

Agent51
02-16-2006, 01:15 PM
if i hike the ball then press (A) for sprint i will throw it to A rcvr

IDK about the XBox version, but I know that X on the playstation version is sprint, and there are no X recievers this year (X was replaced with triangle) so it is impossible to throw to him since he doesn't exist. Maybe I said the wrong button, like I said, I don;'t play Madden on XBox, I hate it, but whatever the spring button is SHOULDN'T have a reciever mapped to it, so you press that to sprint around behind the line, then you can do all the RB moves once you cross the line

mor911
02-16-2006, 01:41 PM
IDK about the XBox version, but I know that X on the playstation version is sprint, and there are no X recievers this year (X was replaced with triangle) so it is impossible to throw to him since he doesn't exist. Maybe I said the wrong button, like I said, I don;'t play Madden on XBox, I hate it, but whatever the spring button is SHOULDN'T have a reciever mapped to it, so you press that to sprint around behind the line, then you can do all the RB moves once you cross the line
Same thing in the Xbox game. 06 has no receivers mapped to A. It's the sprint button.

Motion
02-16-2006, 02:36 PM
For the defense question. Use the Dime package and use the play where the two inside CBs blitz from the edge, forget what the play is called but I use it all the time with great results. I also sub my two fastest guys to those positions.

Alex44
02-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Just play a base 4-3 defense with the man under play, and mix up your blitz's from the weak side, make sure you have fast LB's so if its a pitch you can catch the RB from behind, blitz with the LB thats supposed to be covering the RB, It gets you a lot of sacks and stops the run pretty well

OR

Take the safety and put him on the reciever, blitz with the corner, it gets a lot of sacks and stops the run