PDA

View Full Version : Things you liked to see in Madden and from EA...

Silverphin
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Here's what I want to see....

-An NFL Europe and/or CFL Game to go along with the AFL game.
-Practice Squad on Madden
-Europe Allocation
-Signing of CFL and/or AFL free agents
-Waiver wires
-More interviews and more interview options during Franchise and Superstar mode.

Alex44
02-15-2006, 10:28 PM
I want to see more detailed player scouting before the draft

Sometimes you scout a guy and he turns out NOTHING like it says

Majpain
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Probowl weekend.

Agreed on the draft.

Better create a uniform option

Better storyline central.

Better replay challenges.

HysterikiLL
02-16-2006, 04:14 AM
A lot better draft development. The draft is my favorite part of franchise mode and I'd like the opportunity to see which players are available during the season prior to my drafting them so I have about a year to get acquainted with the rookies.

Also, maybe a mock draft like in ESPN to see where middle-to-late first round players are projected.

I'd love to haqve an option like in NBA where you actually get to play with the different prospects prior to drafting them. Maybe test them out in the mini-camp drills first to see how good they are and if they fit what you're looking for.

spydertl79
02-16-2006, 04:39 AM
Madden

The draft development is definitely the biggest upgrade I would recommend

Going back to having good music, last year was a huge decline IMO

Tiger

Not half-assing the 360 release like EA did with all of their sports games. I paid 60 bucks for Tiger woods and I can only play 5 courses? And no battle golf?

They need to add Augusta National, Bethpage Black, Pacific Dunes, and World Woods Golf Courses to Tiger 2007.

The equipment in Tiger 2007 should actually have an effect on play.

Make it harder to rise from amateur to pro in Tiger, maybe a realistic Q-School?

Make the money in Tiger actually mean something, you can play your buddies for skins but losing money doesnt mean anything because its completely worthless, you can't even buy clubs.

Alex44
02-16-2006, 07:56 PM
A lot better draft development. The draft is my favorite part of franchise mode and I'd like the opportunity to see which players are available during the season prior to my drafting them so I have about a year to get acquainted with the rookies.

Also, maybe a mock draft like in ESPN to see where middle-to-late first round players are projected.

I'd love to haqve an option like in NBA where you actually get to play with the different prospects prior to drafting them. Maybe test them out in the mini-camp drills first to see how good they are and if they fit what you're looking for.

That would be great

Id also like a more detailed look at them, how many receptions did they have in college, how did their team do, maybe they won the heisman? More backround info

and Id like for the 40 times to be more telling, once I drafted a guy in the 3rd round totally based on speed, he ran like a 4.27 I took him because I needed a speed reciever, turns out his speed was 89 and his acceleration was 99

The draft needs the most work because its one of the best parts of the game

Id also like to see them move free agency to BEFORE the draft

And this may be a stretch but its an idea I came up with

Free Agent scouting

Be able to interview a guy, ask him how many more years he wants to play, if he is a fan of your team, is he in it for money or a superbowl

That way it would be easier to have your teams morale higher, for instance a guy says his dream has always been to play for miami, keeping jhim happy would be easier than keeping a guy who grew up a bills fan happy

Marino2Clayton
02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
More frequent and much more accurate roster and rating updates.
Dominate DT such as Jamal Williams should have to be double teamed.
Features such as historic teams, replay challenges, and injury sliders for the 360.
Added atmosphere for the Super Bowl and playoffs.
Highlights from other games during your game in franchise.
Defensive players get AWR boost when the opponent continually calls the same offensive play. (I know '05 had this feature but it wasn't used online.)
Regular patches to cut down on online glitches.

More to come...

AquaInferno
02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Madden should keep the layout of the 06 soundtrack over the 05 one. Not everyone likes rap, not everyone likes rock, every other song in Madden 06 was rap, rock, rap, rock, rap, rock etc... That was nice diversity EA, thanks for keeping us rap fans in mind unlike 05.

New things I'd like to see:
Patches for glitches (Mentioned already)
Custom music plays in stadiums
Roster updates where if a team gets a nice boost in a ton of players it affects the OVR of the team (Also should work negatively too)
Challenging plays online
Less money plays
Defensive packages accurate to the team (Notice we had NO 3-4 for the Phins in 06)
Commentary that isn't buggy like it was this year (I've heard a billion times how Booker threw a bad pass :shakeno: )
Online franchise that doesn't require some messing around to get it going
Weekly EA tourneys
Cash tourneys online - funded by everyone who enters paying a small fee

I could list more but I'm done for now

Agent51
02-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Make my WHITE NCAA RB transfer to a WHITE Madden RB, not somehow turn black on my memory card :D

I'd like to see better creat a uniform options, mainly ADDING THE DAMN LOGO TO THE HELMET, what is the point of making alternate jersey's if they never have the logo on the helmet or uniform?

Have the 1st round of the draft have cutscenes of the Paul T going to the podium and doing his little speech for each team then saying the player's name (or if that name isn't recorded, like my last name, just his position and school) then have the player walk onto the stage and Paul T (and maybe the picking team's coach) hand the player a hat and the #1 jersey and he holds it up and smiles and flashbulbs go off and the crowd cheers or boos (yea, you, Jets fans). This, of course, culd be skipped by either turning off draft cutscenes in the options menu or pressing X to skip it.

PRO BOWL WEEK has been my biggest wish, aside from the draft cutscenes, for YEARS now. I always skip the pro bowl because it really has no meaning, doesn;t FEEL like a pro bowl, just feels like another game I'd have to play before getting to the offseason goodies. I think they should have a schedule, either setup like the schedules in superstar mode, or setup like the point and click type schedule in training camp. They should have a bunch of mini games, just like training camp, except they'd be the skills challenges. Have a WR stand and catch balls launched from the machines (similar to the TC one but you don't have to run all over, just spin around). Have the weightlifitng challenge and make it good ol classic button mashing to fill the strength meter. Smae with fastest man, timing the whistle and button mashing to run, just liek the old track and field games. Have the creative kick contest where you get to place the ball anywhere you want, on the field or outside the field area, and proceed just like kicking in practice but with no time limit. Then the best part would be the QBs accuracy and obstacle course drill. This they could just jack from QB club, remember those games? Have the one where the carts drive across and you throw at them and have the obstacle course where you run it and then throw the ball at the target at the end. Before each challenge you can pick which guys you control, anywhere from sim it to one guy to every guy. Any, or all, of these could be skipped of course. You could skip the entire set of challenges and the game, just play whatever challenges you want, just play the game, whatever. And I want updated pro bowl jersey's too, maybe have alternate or "throwback" ones too. Like the defaults would be this years and alternates would be different styles from previous years, or maybe even REALLY old school where they just wear their team jersy, lol, like AFC wears their normal whites and NFC the darks. And you should be able to pick who is home or away too.

Colored Visors? It'd be cool to be able to toss on a green visor on Miami, or a red if you're the chiefs, yellow for the chargers etc etc. Also, if a team has 2 colors (not counting white or black) like we do, then have BOTH be options for the "TC" equipment options. I'd love to see some orange cleats or tape or armbands.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now, I KNOW I have more ideas though, and I'm not even gonna ATTEMPT getting into the changes in gameplay, there is just too much stuff that pisses me off, lol.

JuanchoColombia
02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
I will try to explain with my high school english, hope you guys understand it.

I really liked the QB vision control on Madden 06 but it can be improved, I mean in madden 06 the QB's vision is a yellow cone but you can also see the rest of the field. It would be better and more realistic if this cone is clear, and the other part of the field is blurry (close to the cone is clearer and away is blurrier or darker).

I would also like to see the challenge play option improved, like an assistant to tell you if is worth the challenge or not (real life coaches have one), or a small screen to see the play before the snap.

A deeper stadium creator; all the created stadiums look the same

Play Pro Bowl on quick match

When you play on Super Bowl stadiums on quick match, the field should be like the Super Bowl, one endzone per team and SB logo on the center, not only the home team

AquaInferno
02-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Blurring the vision would screw up the other player's defense, it will never happen.

JuanchoColombia
02-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Blurring the vision would screw up the other player's defense, it will never happen.

you're right, I didn't thought about it.

HysterikiLL
02-18-2006, 08:03 AM
A question for all of you guys. I'm not sure if it is a glitch in my game or not, but are the challenge calls completely messed up for anyone else? Like 99% of the time there is a challenge that isn't blatantly a fumble etc, it's a turnover. Many of those calls are horrible.

Agent51
02-18-2006, 06:31 PM
A question for all of you guys. I'm not sure if it is a glitch in my game or not, but are the challenge calls completely messed up for anyone else? Like 99% of the time there is a challenge that isn't blatantly a fumble etc, it's a turnover. Many of those calls are horrible.

Sometimes the guy will be blatanly out of bounds and it's called complete, or blatantly IN bounds and its called incomplete.

THOMAS_54
02-18-2006, 07:44 PM
I get a lot of bad calls on Madden 05, sometimes they're right though.

Alex44
02-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I thought of one I think is good

The ability to take college coaches into the NFL

Whether they be madden generated coaches or ones you can import from the NCAA games I think this would be a great Idea

tylerdolphin
02-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Heres a good one that pisses me off a lot.
Make the recievers try to get both feet in. I have seen them be easily able to put in both feet and instead they take huge steps out of bounds.

Alex44
02-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Heres a good one that pisses me off a lot.
Make the recievers try to get both feet in. I have seen them be easily able to put in both feet and instead they take huge steps out of bounds.

In madden 01 the footwork was great...the graphics sucked though, but the guys always stretched out for the catches down the sidelines, then in 02 and on they stopped

Pagan
02-19-2006, 12:39 AM
~ Make it so that you can look at the replay before calling a challenge. Coaches do it by looking at the jumbo screen, why do they disable challenges after you look at the replay?

~ AI kickers who actually miss a kick shorter than 40 yards every once and awhile.

~ Do away with the superstar mode and devote that memory and disc space to more player animations.

~ NEW LOGOS FOR CREATE-A-TEAM. Does anyone really use some of those lame ones?

~ More options for faces in create-a-player.

Fynasty
02-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Make IR work.

And give Superstar mode a training camp type workout before the draft.

armyfinfan
02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I would like to see Madden Not put players on the IR when they are hurt. Madden also needs to keep team and players statistics for the whole length of the 30 years in franchise mode. I like to draft my own team and simulate the seasons. There is no way to see the record of your team over the years. Also when a player retires he is completely gone from the game. I want teams and leagues alltime stats. I also would like the option in traing camp mode to pick whatever level I want to try. The rookie mode is to easy.

nevadadolfan
02-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Lots of good ideas in here. Im all about adding to the tiny details to make it more lifelike. One I just came up with while reading this thread was when a player gets injured have the option of playing him before he is healed all the way. Real players do it, so we should have that option. And if we did risk returning them to the field early they could make his chances of re injurying that same thing increase. Also a cool detail to that would be if you brought a player in early they would show the signs of the injury ie: limping on one foot or maybe a wrap around whatever is injured, or even better yet one of the club hand cast that the linemen sometimes wear!!!

Perfect23
02-20-2006, 08:03 PM
I think for the training things they should make weight lifting as one of them and make it like it is in San Andreas.

finsrule84
02-20-2006, 10:34 PM
two words: classic stadiums

just imagine to be able to replay the 1984 season (with real player names) on the Orange Bowl and be ing able to change history at the Superbowl. it would be great

Dolfan11
02-21-2006, 12:05 PM
This is for the next gen systems, I have xbox 360:

Overall presentation:
player intro's, playoff celebrations, sidelines; maybe a major TV broadcasting license to give it a more realistic feel (ie ESPN, CBS, FOX); the ball looks way to big

Gameplay:
the feel of the game is not the same, and the way the players run is not normal; get rid of the short freezes; a LB with a speed of 86 cannot keep up with a WR of 96 speed running a fly route; add double teaming in the trenches; more penalties other than pass interference and offsides; let us challenge the play, in particular exactly what we want to challenge; sideline catches; kickers missing kicks; gadget plays; a LB can't jump 8 yards towards the sideline to swat down a ball

NFL Draft:
better presentation during the draft; show the top picks going up and getting their jersey; initiate trades during the draft; have teams draft what they need realistically (the cpu had the colts take Vince Young in the 1st)

NFL Combine:
let us take control of our favorite college players to try and better their draft position by taking part in a series of mini games

NFL Probowl:
add the weekend skill challenges; a flag football game with retired players or pro's not in the probowl would be fun also; let us play the probowl as a quick game

NFL Europe:
allow us to allocate players for development, and give us the option to play an NFL Europe season during our NFL offseason

Customization:
let us edit our players, everything about them (don't know why we can't in 360); where are the alternate jerseys?!?!?!?

Franchise:
make the trades realistic; have computer teams trade with eachother or offer trades (there's the tradeblock, but I would like the interaction with the cpu offering you one)

Graphics:
player models look to stocky; incredible looking, but just not life like when Gus' arms are the size of Ronnie's

Kicking Game:
add a rumble feature that can throw off your aim and timing depending on how far the kick is and your kickers ratings; i think this would make the kicking a bit more unforgiving

Alex44
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I want that thing from 01 back where you could play the classic games and it put you in a situation like the first superbowl, start of the second half down 14 or whatever and you have to win to unlock the next one, that was really fun

I also want more realistic player development

Wes Welker caught 43 Balls in 5 games, and his overall rating only went from 60 to 63

My SS improved 2 overall with 9 tackles and 1 INT through 5 games, while my FS only improved 1 overall with 5 INT's and 9 tackles through 5 games

burger13
02-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I’m on Xbox 360 as well.

They first need put back some of the things which the stripped out when they made the 360 version. Owner mode and everything contained within, restricted FA, team helmets during the Pro Bowl, changing player positions, and RB's getting more carries than the FB's.

Now they obviously need to correct game play flaws……but I won’t list them out. Suffice it to say that they need to make the game play as realistic as possible.

Now for my list of necessary additions/corrections:
1.) Correct Rosters – this includes having only a 49 man ACTIVE ROSTER , requiring deactivating players on game day - the 3rd QB rule – and practice squads – make Long-Snapper a position with a skill associated with it.

2.) As someone stated earlier, fix the Injured Reserve system – currently it frees up cap room, but no roster spot, the complete opposite of what it actually does.

3.) Occasional bad snaps (based off of new attribute) in all phases – even under center, hey they happen.

4.) More extensive penalties (chop blocks, personal fouls, 5 yard chuck rule, etc)

5.) More Atmosphere for games of meaning – in this year’s there’s not even a SB celebration!?!?!

6.) This I think would be the best addition – an OFFSEASON CALENDAR - this way it wouldn’t be FA before draft or vice versa…….there would just be dates on a calendar such as “Start of Free Agency” and “NFL Combine” and “NFL Draft”, “Deadline to declare Franchise Players”, “End of Free Agency”, etc. All offseason events could overlap as they do now.

7.) CPU initiated trade offers.

8.) More accurate negotiating – currently you have to give the players at least what he ask for…..not a tick less. Also, you can’t set up roster bonus’, incentives, etc. Also, players who go longer into the offseason and preseason unsigned should start to lower their demands. I’m sick of seeing 90+ ovr players sitting their during the regular season.

9.) More intricate system for player and team morale – some players should just naturally be morale problems.

10.) Suspensions – both league and team initiated. I know that the NFL would probably never go for this, but it would add realism.

Alex44
02-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Id also like to see a stat for Route Running in recievers

Guys with a better rating run crisper patters and guys with lower ratings round off their routes more

finsrule84
02-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I want that thing from 01 back where you could play the classic games and it put you in a situation like the first superbowl, start of the second half down 14 or whatever and you have to win to unlock the next one, that was really fun

actually, they had that on the 05 collector's edition, pretty fun

K-train
02-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I want Ncaa Football to have the same features as Madden.

Dolfan11
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I’m on Xbox 360 as well.

They first need put back some of the things which the stripped out when they made the 360 version. Owner mode and everything contained within, restricted FA, team helmets during the Pro Bowl, changing player positions, and RB's getting more carries than the FB's.

Now they obviously need to correct game play flaws……but I won’t list them out. Suffice it to say that they need to make the game play as realistic as possible.

Now for my list of necessary additions/corrections:
1.) Correct Rosters – this includes having only a 49 man ACTIVE ROSTER , requiring deactivating players on game day - the 3rd QB rule – and practice squads – make Long-Snapper a position with a skill associated with it.

2.) As someone stated earlier, fix the Injured Reserve system – currently it frees up cap room, but no roster spot, the complete opposite of what it actually does.

3.) Occasional bad snaps (based off of new attribute) in all phases – even under center, hey they happen.

4.) More extensive penalties (chop blocks, personal fouls, 5 yard chuck rule, etc)

5.) More Atmosphere for games of meaning – in this year’s there’s not even a SB celebration!?!?!

6.) This I think would be the best addition – an OFFSEASON CALENDAR - this way it wouldn’t be FA before draft or vice versa…….there would just be dates on a calendar such as “Start of Free Agency” and “NFL Combine” and “NFL Draft”, “Deadline to declare Franchise Players”, “End of Free Agency”, etc. All offseason events could overlap as they do now.

7.) CPU initiated trade offers.

8.) More accurate negotiating – currently you have to give the players at least what he ask for…..not a tick less. Also, you can’t set up roster bonus’, incentives, etc. Also, players who go longer into the offseason and preseason unsigned should start to lower their demands. I’m sick of seeing 90+ ovr players sitting their during the regular season.

9.) More intricate system for player and team morale – some players should just naturally be morale problems.

10.) Suspensions – both league and team initiated. I know that the NFL would probably never go for this, but it would add realism.

Good points there. I would basically combine all of your's with mines.

spanish jonny
02-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Better IR for running backs on pass plays. 8/10 times I dump a pass to my HB he's already halfway out of the stadium.

burger13
02-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Better IR for running backs on pass plays. 8/10 times I dump a pass to my HB he's already halfway out of the stadium.

Do you mean AI instead of IR?????

Emskirch
02-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Great, players retire, what about a yearly Hall of Fame celebration?

PhinSoldia
02-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Hall of Fame

it would be nice especially with the superstar feature....

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Believe it or not...

... :whistle: I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be? :whistle:

Sorry I got distracted, stupid 80's tv show

Believe it or not but in the chop-shop 360 version they actually have a hall of fame. Its pretty cool, keeps their stats and everything, but there is no 5 year minimum wait.

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Madden Nation (www.MaddenNation.com) did a comprehensive wishlist for the XBOX 360 two weeks after '06 came out and sent it out to EA. The reason that they sent it out so early was so that EA would have enough time to review the list and use it while developing Madden '07.

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Game Play Wishes

- Expansion of in-game penalties to include all of the penalties which can be called on the field in an actual NFL Game. For example, it is illegal for a receiver to go out of bounds and then be the first person to touch the football after reentering the field of play.

- Add the ability to lateral the ball in certain situations. Not necessarily something that can be done at will, but in the final moments of a game perhaps.

- Increase the importance of in-game momentum. Instead of changing ratings every game, have dynamic ratings that change by quarter according to quality of play. Variation in the in game ratings should be seen more in younger players as opposed to veterans.

- Improve player-shift animations to include different types of movements so that everyone on the defensive line does not make a similar movement simultaneously.

- Expand customization of game play camera angles in the next release.

- Expand ratings categories for players. For QBs, expand the accuracy ratings to include different range passes (i.e. short, intermediate, deep) as well as a clutch rating for QBs who perform well in pressure situations. For RBs, expand ratings to include attributes for inside/outside running. For WRs, include a route-running rating for receivers. For D-lineman, expand the ratings to include whether the DL is a run-stopping or pass-rushing specialist. Include these also for LBs.

- Change the procedure for sending a man in motion. Instead of toggling through players using a button, allow toggling via D-pad.

- Tone down the quarterback roughing penalty. There are a lot of “blow to the head” penalties called on the default settings. This can be adjusted in offline play, but not online.

- Add some additional moves for the quarterback. A quarterback evade move that will help a passer avoid pressure, or even a tuck move that will protect the ball before an impending sack would be helpful.

-Blockable field goals. Many fans would like to see field goals legitimately blocked from time to time without any unorthodox pre snap movement involved.

- Pile on tackling. Include gang tackling where multiple defenders engage a ball carrier at the same time.

-On the fly physics. Include “rag doll” physics that would allow tackling animations to be calculated in real time.

- Eliminate suction blocking. This year suction blocking is most apparent on outside running plays where a DB will come towards the line of scrimmage and be pulled towards the tackle, allowing a ball carrier to easily slip outside for a huge gain.

- Eliminate excessive QB drop backs. It is now possible for quarterbacks to drop back 15-20 yards and fling up an accurate pass. This was fixed for current generation Madden 06, but has been an issue in Next Gen Madden.

- Tone down “superman” dives. Often during play, defenders can be spotted diving extreme distances while completely parallel to the ground. This sometimes happens at the very end of a plays and looks somewhat unnatural.

-Improved collision detection. We still see the ball pass through players’ body parts and players will pass through other players during play and during cut scenes.

-Decrease the effectiveness of QB sneaks. They are still very effective in short yardage, whereas short yardage running plays are depicted more realistically.

-Include the ability to return a missed field goal.

-Adjust forward progress on certain pass patterns. There are times where a receiver will catch a pass and either be hit from behind and push backwards or pulled by an exaggerated momentum towards the line of scrimmage. This can result in losing yardage when the receiver should have forward progress to the point where they caught the ball.

- Allow users to manually hurdle defenders again. Sometimes the auto hurdle does not occur at the best possible time, so it should be left to the discretion of the user when to hurdle.

- Add the ability to double team a dominant player on the defensive line.

- Add more sideline “tip toe” catch animations, and have them triggered more often than they are currently.

-Real life jersey physics. Give the jerseys some realistic movement and ability to stretch when a defender grabs hold of one. It would be great to see the shoulder pads being exposed when that part of the jersey is pulled from over it.

-Improved inside running game. As it stands in the current Madden, the best way to gain yardage is still to start from inside and bounce the ball outside. We should be able to consistently gain yardage up the middle, especially with a dominant offensive line or power running back.

-Improve the screen pass. On screens, the intended receiver often doesn’t even turn towards the ball which results in an incomplete pass that bounces right off the player.
-Change the goal line dive to reflect the athletic ability of each individual player. Mike Sellers should not get the same air jumping over the pile that Priest Holmes does.

-Dropped interceptions. There have been a lot of suggestions to lessen the amount of dropped interceptions by defenders in Madden. Many times in the NFL a defensive back will drop an INT, but in Madden they sometimes drop several in a game, even ones that are easily catchable.

-WR/DB animations recorded in tandem. Hand fighting, subtle elbow push-offs, last minute knockdowns, jump balls, etc. could be recorded with two people motion captured together for more realistic interaction.

- Add the ability for the user to determine which catch animation they want to use. Sometimes a receiver or defensive back will jump to catch the ball when we want them to catch it in stride, or vice versa. If there were a way for the user to make that decision, that would be very helpful.

- Make it harder to complete a high pass. As it is in Madden currently, passing the ball up high to a receiver is one of the more effective ways of making a play. In reality, this is often a very difficult ball to catch because it can expose a receiver and get him hit by a defender. Including some animations where a receiver is hung out to dry and gets hit in mid air (even flipped) from time to time might be a solution to this issue.

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Franchise Mode Wishes

- Adjust the simulation engine for franchise mode. Michael Vick often leads the league in rushing with close to 2,000 yards a year while top running backs rarely get enough carries to gain significant yardage. Some sliders where we could change this to our liking would be a huge help.

- Count half sacks and assisted tackles.

- Add the ability to trade future draft picks.

- Add the practice squad feature that is currently in the Madden NFL 06 game for PSP.

- Add the ability to watch the players in the combine rather than just looking at numbers. Some sort of a scouting tool where you could see the potential draftees in action before making a decision would be helpful.

- Include an actual draft board where you could set up the entire draft in your “war room” and see who is left on your board and who has been picked.

- Include more in depth player contracts. Add the ability to put incentives into the deal, front or back load the contract, etc.

- Have larger rosters during the training camp where you would actually make cuts during the preseason like real NFL teams do.

- Add the ability to have an expansion team with a true expansion draft, similar to the Madden game where you were able to do this with the Houston Texans.

- Do something a little more elaborate with NFL Europe. Allow teams to allocate players to NFLE, and play out the entire NFLE season and playoffs.

- Change how injuries are handled. Instead of immediately showing how long the player will be out, let that develop over the course of the game and during the weeks before each contest. Also, include injuries where a player can play but will be adversely affected unless they have surgery to repair the ailment.

- Integrate Madden with future versions of the AFL game, in order to allow players from the AFL to be scouted.

- Add the ability for a franchise to retire certain numbers.

- Add the ability to import draft classes at the beginning of each franchise year that way you have the whole season to scout instead of just before the draft.

- Include the NFL’s supplemental draft.

- Change the way negotiations are handled. Include the “EA Agents” you had in Superstar Mode for current gen Madden and have each NFL player have their own agent. Teams would have some agents they deal with more often than others, and other agents may develop a poor relationship with a team, making it harder for that team to sign a certain player.

- Add the ability to suspend players the same way you can in NCAA. A player might miss practice for example or get hit with a penalty for taunting another player, an excessive hit, etc. that would force you to suspend them.

- Add the ability to bring in college coaches to your staff. Being able to make coaching changes is great. It would be even better if there were some college coaches in the coaching pool. You could maybe even import your own coach from NCAA Football and have him continue his career in the NFL.

- Add more coaching options that would aid progression. Put in the ability to decide what players will be spending time practicing each week. An emphasis on certain activities would increase specific attributes for players on your team.

- Focus more on the chemistry of the team. Some players are outspoken, whether it’s to the media or to the other players and coaches. Some players just like to do their job and keep quiet. Other players stand out as leaders on the team. Maybe adopting the personality types from Superstar Mode might be an idea that can be explored. It would be interesting to see the affect on the team of bringing in someone who is known to be a leader.

- Make the upgrading of your stadium more dynamic. You should be able to see whether the fans do or don’t like it, and maybe even have a shot at hosting the Super Bowl down the line after making improvements.

- Include off-season injuries. Have training camp injuries or even a freak injury that occurs because a player was playing basketball or performing some other activity that is a high risk.

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Online Wishes

- Include a spectator mode so users can watch their friends’ games online.

- Patch any serious game issues that affect online players.

- The inclusion of mini camp mini games online.

- Add the ability to use custom playbooks online.

- Include the clan feature that was planned for Madden NFL 06.

- Reintroduce online leagues/franchises.

- Implement market points that would allow you to bet “EA Points” of some sort on the Madden games you play. We already do this on the Madden Nation forums using a feature called V Bookie. It adds additional to excitement to games and would complement a spectator mode by giving people more incentive to watch other users’ games.

- Ranked 5 minutes games, or at least the ability to still track your stats for unranked games.

- Adjust the ability to view an opponent’s personnel. As it is in the current XBOX 360 Madden, the personnel graphic does not always show up in time for you to pick a play on defense.

- Include more alternate uniforms, and the ability to see what uniform you’re choosing before you enter the game.

- Include the ability to play with historic teams in an unranked game. It might even be fun to reenact several real historical NFL situations such as Dwight Clark’s “the catch” online.

- More control during tournaments. Allow a tournament host to invite people, kick people who have not played their games, disqualify someone for cheating, etc.

- Integrate your opponent’s statistics in game, particularly in certain situations. If it is a third down, you might see a graphic that shows their third down completion percentage from all of their play online, or how often they like to blitz on third down.

- Include the ability to reconnect to a game that you were disconnected from if your opponent agrees to it. The stats and situation would be saved, and you could pick right up where you left off. This would be a huge help for existing online leagues.

- Complete instant replays online that would allow you to view a replay at your discretion if your opponent agrees.

- Include the ability to challenge calls.

- Add the ability to save your opponent’s strategic tendencies to some kind of profile that you could practice against off line.

- Include the ability to use sliders online in an unranked game. The person who issues the challenge would decide which sliders to use, which would then be displayed to the other user who could decide if they were suitable and agree or disagree to the challenge.

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Supestar Mode Wishes

- Have the ability to be able to see who is on the roster of the teams who have made an offer to you during free agency. If you’re a running back you won’t want to sign with a team who already has one rated as high as you are.

- Include the option to control just your one Superstar Mode player during the game. This was one of the biggest issues for people that didn’t care for the mode. They wanted to control their running back or receiver from the start of the play to the end.

- Make the money you earn count. If you’re making a ton of money, you should give us the ability to spend it. Let us buy cars, customize our homes, and have a bank where it says exactly how much money we have earned. It could even be a goal to earn a certain amount of money in your career.

- Have more interaction with regards to sponsors. As it is in the mode now, you simply have to bring your attributes to a certain level in order to obtain sponsorships. This could be a more involved process where sponsors contact you and you decide whether or not to endorse their product. If you endorse the wrong thing it can affect the fans’ perception of you.

- Make the draft a little more exciting. Right now you sit and watch as the other draftees scroll by and get a message on the screen that says who picked you. Maybe include some kind of cut scene with your player waiting to be drafted or have a team call you on your cell phone and tell you they are about to pick you.

- Make contract negotiation a little more complicated. You should be able to negotiate your rookie contract and contracts should be a back and forth negotiation where you can haggle over the term, signing bonus, etc.

- Include the NFL combine. There should be some opportunity to improve your draft stock. Maybe include some drills similar to how Race For The Heisman is done in NCAA Football.

- Come up with a solution for the issue of importing your NCAA player and having the time line be a few years of in Madden. If you graduate in 2008 in NCAA, it’s odd for you to be drafted in 2005 in Madden. Maybe the ability to import an entire NCAA draft class is a solution for someone who wants to bring in their NCAA player.

- Include the ability to go around your NFL city a la Grand Theft Auto. If you can buy some toys such as cars, it would be great to actually drive them to the agent’s office, practice field, etc.

- Include a couple more mentors, but have them calling less often. It was scary to see 5 messages from TD on our cell phone when we got home from playing a big game.

- Add some sort of create a celebration feature where you can customize how your player might react after a touchdown.

- Remove the points system from the player accessories menu. Many of us are very particular about how we want our player to look, so we don’t want to be penalized for it.

- Add some sort of room in your house with all of your accomplishments. There is currently a menu for this, but having an area in your house where you could look at your trophies, some replay highlights from your career, or newspaper clippings would be excellent.

- Make storyline central part of Superstar Mode. It would be cool to see what the media has to say about you and your team.

- Add a Film Room. Have a film session where you have to watch real Madden footage of an upcoming opponent. This would be different depending on what position you play.

- Have a more exciting retirement. After a 19 year NFL career, you want to be able to look back on all of your accomplishments. Maybe have some type of press conference or a ceremony where you step out onto the field at halftime of a game.

- Post career options. Add an option to become a coach and continue in franchise mode after you retire. Add the ability to become a Hall Of Famer.

- Have your imported NCAA superstar look exactly like he does in NCAA Football. There was in issue in the current Gen Madden where imported superstars sometimes looked completely different than they did in NCAA.

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Presentation Wishes

- Since you have the ability to use the ESPN license, have a halftime show with highlights and Chris Berman a la ESPN 2K5.

- Have a special atmosphere and presentation for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Fans always reminisce about the days of Tecmo Bowl where the various cinematic sequences and cut scenes made them proud of their accomplishments. Something like this with more Next Gen flair would be excellent.

- Include in game updates with footage of other games in franchise mode. Some of the earliest Madden games for the console had this feature and fans have wanted to see it back in the mix for a while.

- Add cheerleaders on the sidelines and as well as lined up on each side of the tunnel when players are announced before the game. Maybe put the camera on them on a timeout doing their thing.

- More variety when it comes to fans in the stands. Include women, children, people wearing jerseys, holding signs, wearing different clothing in bad weather etc. Also have some empty seats. As it is right now in Madden, the Cardinals are selling out preseason games.

- Add more people along the sidelines.

- Have multiple teams for commentary. There are quite a few broadcasters under the ESPN umbrella, and some variety in the commentary would go a long way to make the game better.

- Do the injury updates at halftime, rather than showing exactly how long the player is injured right away.

- Include NFL Countdown, EA sports NFL Match Up and NFL Primetime.

- Have the fans do more than just stand up and cheer. Fans might be sitting but then stand up in a critical third down situation or when a deep ball is thrown. Fans may get out of their seat towards the end of a quarter to get a hot dog or drink. You could maybe show some vendors walking up and down the aisles.

- Include NFL accurate team introductions. Some teams have introductions at home that are different than others.

- Include post game press conferences where a coach or player might answer a few questions based on your performance during the game.

- Have different cut scenes depending on the severity of the injury. If someone tears their ACL, it’s unlikely that they’ll get up and walk off the field without any help. Players could would off for slight injuries, but have some help or be carted off for something more serious.

- Include different cut scenes as the quarterback is going to the line of scrimmage. The current one where the quarterback’s face is shown is great, but after seeing it so many times it’s not the same. Some variety there would be a nice addition.

- Add the Visa Sky Cam during instant replays.

- Show some of the key match ups during the game as the announcers get close to kickoff.

- Vary the post game celebrations depending on the importance of the game. Players should be more excited after a playoff win than if they win a preseason exhibition.

- Add a “jacked up” segment somewhere in the mix. That’s what the hit stick was made for.

- Have the referees visible once again on the field. If someone sees the defense go off-sides and the flag comes out, they’ll know they’ve got a free play.

- Include a sideline reporter who can interview players and let you know what the coaches said before halftime.

- Add an NFL Films archive where you can save some of your favorite replays and view them from time to time. The ability to put together your own Madden highlight real that you could show friends or share online would be fantastic.

- Include team specific chants such as “Go Pack Go.”

- Let us customize our own music for touchdowns, interceptions, sacks, intros, etc.

- Once in a while you could have someone in the crowd yell out something like "Come on D, you can do better than that!" Or ff the QB is having a bad day, "Take Harrington out of the game!!" or "Horrible call ref!!" and have them boo if the team is playing horrible.

- Improve upon the player models. Some players should have towels, tattoos, hair flowing out from under their helmet, etc.

- Add special cut scenes for fumbles. Have pile ups once in a while and show the players standing near the pile up pointing to their side of the field like they do in real life.

- Add more of a story element to games. If a player or coach was formerly on the opposing team, that might be something that would be talked about by the pre game crew or the commentators.

- Show some overhead shots of the stadium as if they were from a blimp, or even some cut scenes at the end of a quarter of half where they show a well known part of the city where the game is being played.

- Refine the player specific celebrations. You have always done a great job including player specific celebrations, but there are often times where generic celebrations will be shown for a player who would never do them. There are some guys in the league who would hand the ball to the official a la Barry Sanders. That could be reflected in the game.

- Add the ability to be able to zoom out further with the replay camera.

- Work on the cut scenes to make sure that players are not out of place when the cut scene begins. For example, if someone scores a breakaway 80 yard touchdown with LT, they should not find Drew Brees in the end zone during the cut scene following the score.

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Miscellaneous Wishes

Momentum Meter:

This idea is one that I have had in my mind for a very long time but have just now perfected it. Here we go:

Since the scoreboard and clock have been moved to the bottom of the screen a la Monday Night Football, I thought my invention could stand to be added to the top left hand corner. This meter is a two sided meter (it would look much like what you see above ^^) with each team's logo on either side to identify which side is which. First, I'll tell you why it would be a good addition to the game. Momentum is such a big part of the game of football today. Whether it’s NCAA, NFL, or Arena Football, momentum must be established to maintain a successful drive. An offense has to be able to keep the defense on its toes and guessing. This is where the Momentum Meter comes in. It is here to identify when a team starts to gain an advantage on the defense by switching plays, calling audibles, and creating big plays.

The momentum may build on a long drive by the offense, but suddenly come to a screeching halt when a DB makes an interception. Secondly, I'll explain its impact on the game. Not only does it give you an advantage by being able to tell when the defense is totally caught off guard, but it will give you attribute boosts for your key players. No really large boosts, just say 2 or 3 points for your star wide out's speed, but those 2 or 3 points may be enough to give him an overwhelming advantage over a slow, tired, or just flat out bad DB. Another thing the momentum will do for the offense is to get luck in their favor. Lucky bounces out of an opposing player’s hands for an incomplete pass, lucky tips from a WR to himself when the QB overthrows him by a hair. These are the kind of things that can happen when momentum is on your side.

Player Equipment List:

Different socks (some are more white and some have more color)
More Cleats (diff. kinds of black, white and team colors)
Fix the ankle tap (tape doesn't go to the knee, only the ankle)
Different Visors (clear reflection, black, team color, clear see through)
Dreads (out the back of the helmet - with movement during game play)
Long Hair (out the back of the helmet - with movement during game play)
Different Chinstraps (some team color, and the various white ones, also some that only buckle up the top two like Michael Vick’s)
Different Eye Paint (such as at Joe Horn’s, and John Randle’s)
Tattoos (get top players in league replica, and generic ones for the rest)
Generic Tattoos (have lots of diff. ones to choose, and have more big ones that cover the whole bicep. Also have forearm ones, and ones that cover the whole forearm)
Shoulder Pads (some small, some large, some that go far down to the bicep, and some like Lavar Arrington’s that show his shoulders)
Different shoulder sleeves (some that hang like QB’s, some that are tight, etc.)
Towels out of pants and QB Hand warmers
Bring back the Knee Braces that the Lineman wear.
All of the Alternate Uniforms (every uniform that team has EVER worn)
More DETAILED CREATE a player (let us create their face instead of just getting generic ones, and let us have lots of facial hair options)
More Detailed create a team (more team jersey options, mostly JERSY TYPES)

Also - on the team color equipment (arm bands, sleeves, shoes, gloves, etc.) have a team color #1 and a team color #2 option. Example: for the Houston Texans have the team color #1 be Navy Blue, and the color #2 be Red. That way we utilize the team colors more for our teams’ equipment.

User Created Commentary:

Almost everyone does it while they are playing; I know I do. When you are playing an offline exhibition or franchise you commentate your own game. How cool would it be to record your commentary and have the ability to save these so you can savor your great plays in your franchise with your own call? How about the ability to use your own commentary with a little section in the menu where you would be able to make voice- activated commentary like the actual game is programmed? So you are playing your game, you hear yourself, but you aren't talking! And so you don't have to do it all over again the next year, you will be able to save it your hard drive and reuse it in future games.

Player Personality Theme:

The thing that makes the NFL so great is the wide variety of people on the field. Madden '07 should include the player personalities and attributes that make the league what it is.

You probably have a favorite player in the NFL, and it's not because of his physical skills alone. Maybe your favorite player is Peyton Manning, the good ol' boy southern gunslinger that's a team leader and will talk to reporters and fans like they're his best friends. Or maybe it's Michael Vick, a revolutionary player that's loved by the media and brings fans to the games. My favorite player is Joe Horn because of how he never gives up on the field and loves to play the game of football. These types of personalities need to be represented in all aspects of the game.

- On the playing field: I want to really see a difference between a power back and a scat-back, a possession receiver and a playmaking speed receiver, a run-stuffing DT and a pass-rushing DT. I think the different types of players should have different types of animations. Jerome Bettis and Reggie Bush shouldn't run the same way. Bettis should look like he's rumbling and have ugly cuts but a nasty stiff-arm/Truck Stick. Reggie Bush should make you want to hit Instant Replay every time he changes direction. A 260 lb tight end shouldn't have the same catch animations as Randy Moss. I think player size making a difference definitely ties into this. Someone that's an obvious red-zone target like 6'9" TE Zach Hilton of the Saints should be just that in Madden. Height and weight should play into strategy just as it does in the NFL.

- In the end zone: I know I'm not the only person that hates seeing Marvin Harrison do a dance after a touchdown. A players' personality type should determine how often they're going to celebrate and how extreme. Chad Johnson will celebrate at every opportunity he has, and you know it's going to go as far as it can. LaDanian Tomlinson isn't going to showboat but he'll jump around, flex his muscles, or do a short dance before giving the ball to the ref. Marvin Harrison will hand the ball to the ref and walk away every time. This is something small, but it will make the game feel tons more realistic.

- Team chemistry: Some players are deemed "leaders" and "great locker room guys", while others are potential disturbances. Players like Peyton Manning are great for your locker room. Everyone on the team respects and loves him, and having him on the field gives them a sense of trust and happiness. Players like Terrell Owens will often have riffs with members of their team or coaching staff, causing distractions and poor communication come game time. If they are, then coaches must have personality too. Bill Parcells is a lot less likely to put up with nonsense than Jim Haslett. Sending a player that's a potential disturbance to a push-over coach will more than likely be a disaster, while some coaches can straighten out a player with a bad personality (Keyshawn Johnson/Bill Parcells). Some coaches may refuse to work with a troublesome player because of a potential upset in team chemistry (Terrell Owens and Bill Belichick for example).

- Off the field: The obvious thing here is money. Some players are just greedier than others and are more likely to hold out, which can be corrupted by certain agents. How they speak to the media is important too. If you're on a losing streak, a less disciplined player is more likely to blame people and show their anger than a player with a better personality type, who would be calm and might say they have faith in the team and that it's a team effort. How the media portrays your team and players would affect ticket sales. If there's a positive vibe coming from the team, sales should stay steady. If the media shows your players lashing out at teammates, it's going to turn off fans. This ties back into coach discipline, because a tough coach won't let their players get out of control with the media.

- Ticket/Jersey sales: Some players just plain put butts in seats. There's always the question, "Who is one player in the NFL you would pay to see?" The answer is usually Michael Vick. People who have great personalities combined with great physical skills and maybe even the appearance aspect from Superstar mode (how cool they look out on the field) will sell tickets themselves. As much as it sucks, the vast majority of people in this category would be skill position players. People aren't going to pay to see the best center in the league, no matter how good his personality is. Jersey sales should also be included in Owner mode. You should be able to sell a few players' jerseys. Their actions on and off the field will affect their popularity, and jersey sales will reflect this.

The one thing I wouldn't want to see is this addition, but with a few pre-fabricated personality types. I can see them putting in something like this and billing it as huge and then having players fit into one of three or four categories. You'd have players going berserk all over the place because many of them would be placed in the category of extreme disruption or whatever. I don't want that. Each player's personality should be unique, personal. All the different aspects of personality would have different ratings, much like physical attributes in Madden today.

Commissioner Mode:

Not only do you oversee the NFL franchise you co-own, you get to be the head guy in the NFL. You get to announce the draft picks, do the league interviews, make rule changes, fine/suspend players and teams for illegal actions, create schedules, work on financial reports for the league, media contracts...you have total control of the league. This would add a difficulty element for juggling all these issues at the same time, but it would allow you to fix the things that you believe are wrong in the league.

NFL Films Vault:

The NFL Films license has already entertained fans by having those familiar tunes play in the background as you view your replay. But what if we took this a step further? Imagine an NFL Films vault where you could save all of your replays and then edit them in highlight reels, adding that same music for dramatic effect. You could even set the speed of each clip in order to re-enact the slow motion sequences seen in many of the NFL Films highlights. This would be a great way to show off the new facial animations as a player is moving down the field.

What would make such a feature even better is if you were able to take your highlights and upload them to your EA Locker. This might even be able to be integrated into the EA Sports site, where you or your friends could watch your films by linking to your profile. There could be contests to see who had the best reel and a top 25 highlight reels list that is voted on by EA’s online users.

One final addition to this feature would be for fans who don’t want to put in the work themselves. In franchise mode, several of your biggest plays could be saved each game and then automatically compiled into a reel that you would only be able to view once you have completed the entire season. This would be especially cool for a team who won the Super Bowl. Rather than having some kind of canned Super Bowl cinematic, you would be able to watch you NFL Films Team Yearbook to see your journey from the preseason to Super Bowl glory.

Share Your Franchise:

On Madden fan sites, one of the more interesting things that members do is start a thread to display their Madden franchise. These threads are often read by dozens of members as people really enjoy following the unique stories. The problem is that not everyone has the equipment to snag screens and videos, or the know-how to build a site for their franchise. What if EA made this easy for people to do? I don’t know many people who wouldn’t use it.

Suppose there was a template on EA’s site that looked like a page off ESPN.com. This template could be customized by online users to reflect the team they are using in their franchise. It would list all of the important things such as stats, standings, and injuries, all of which would be automatically uploaded from the user’s game to this online area. They could also add screen shots or videos in order to update the front page with stories about the franchise for people to read. The screen shots could be saved offline in the game (think Pilot Wings for Nintendo 64) and then uploaded to a folder in their EA franchise area. For the videos, the NFL Films Vault idea submitted above might be a solution. This online area should be fully customizable depending on the skill of the user. Beginner users would more than likely want a template, where advanced users might like the ability to create and user their own graphics.

Barry20
02-24-2006, 02:57 PM
they gotta do something about the retired players part in franchise mode. They have way to many guys retiring that shouldn't be. They should let you turn that on or off , and/or change the sensitivity of it

Ronnieisabeast
02-24-2006, 03:18 PM
In superstar mode I liked to see you have to start from Senior Bowl. Practice and play in the Senior Bowl, and then do position drills in the scouting combine to improve where your drafted. I aslo think it should show what teams you can get traded to before the trade goes though on superstar mode.