17-0
02-19-2006, 03:23 PM
GO Dale Jarrett :cooldude:

Dubfire
02-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Here's hoping for a good, clean race.:drinkers:

Clark Kent
02-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Here's hoping for a good, clean race.:drinkers:why? I want to see 2-3 big ones. That's why the 500 is good. It's the only race in the season I get excited for crashes. I hope it's a safe race, and everyone walks away ok and in good health, but I want to see some twisted metal. Except with Gordan, I want him to win, and he will as usual. 3 more, and he passes the greatest driver of all time (Dale Earnhardt) in Daytona wins.

King Felix
02-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Go Tony

wazzy
02-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Go Tracy! We need a Canadian winner!

Dubfire
02-19-2006, 03:50 PM
why? I want to see 2-3 big ones. That's why the 500 is good. It's the only race in the season I get excited for crashes. I hope it's a safe race, and everyone walks away ok and in good health, but I want to see some twisted metal. Except with Gordan, I want him to win, and he will as usual. 3 more, and he passes the greatest driver of all time (Dale Earnhardt) in Daytona wins.

Yeah ok. People love to see crashes at Daytona.:shakeno:

TerryTate
02-19-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm at my internship right now, and we've been doing a ton of nascar coverage...and even after all of that, I am still having trouble finding interest/excitement in the Daytona 500. Other than crashes...it's just a bunch of cars making left turn after left turn. What is so exciting about this?

As terrible as it sounds, the crashes are the most exciting part of the race. I hope no one gets hurt obviously.

Roman529
02-19-2006, 04:06 PM
When is the race? I guess I will tune it in....nothing else worth watching except the good ole boys making continous left turns for three hours straight. What's the big appeal about racing??? :confused: Ohhh hey I turned on Fox so it must be on...lap 22 of 200.

TerryTate
02-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Stewart and Gordon fans, you're in for a long race...both hit the wall.

Stewart didn't give Gordon a lot of slack on one of those turns.

MikeO
02-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm at my internship right now, and we've been doing a ton of nascar coverage...and even after all of that, I am still having trouble finding interest/excitement in the Daytona 500. Other than crashes...it's just a bunch of cars making left turn after left turn. What is so exciting about this?

As terrible as it sounds, the crashes are the most exciting part of the race. I hope no one gets hurt obviously.

You couldn't pay me enough money to sit and watch 10 seconds of that race or any car race.

King Felix
02-19-2006, 07:30 PM
jimi johnson takes it

Clark Kent
02-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel Tony Stewert is a wack job?! The guy never takes blame, even when he runs people off the track at 200 miles an hour. Luckily, MK didn't hit anyone else. Stewert is a ***.

King Felix
02-19-2006, 08:23 PM
tonys the man

bullseyeguy
02-19-2006, 08:34 PM
You couldn't pay me enough money to sit and watch 10 seconds of that race or any car race.I despise nascar, but you could certainly pay me enough money to watch it for 10 seconds......

TerryTate
02-19-2006, 08:44 PM
The whole thing about how your mother would always tell you that "cheaters never win" is complete garbage if they saw this race today. NASCAR's rules arent strict enough...it's well-documented that Tony's (EDIT: meant to say Jimmy here) crew chief cheated, got caught...and it was HIM that got suspended. I think he should be responsible for the whole team, and if I was teh NASCAR head honcho, this crew would not even be in the 500....JMO

NASCAR should have more rules, rather than allowing cheaters to continue with little or no penalties.

phunwin
02-19-2006, 08:45 PM
**** Tony Stewart. Gordon had a top 5 car and Tony didn't give him an inch. So much for his diatribe against aggressive driving this week. How many incidents was he involved in? There was the one with Gordon, one with Kyle Busch, and then of course, Matt Kenseth. Hypocritical ********er.

phunwin
02-19-2006, 08:46 PM
The whole thing about how your mother would always tell you that "cheaters never win" is complete garbage if they saw this race today. NASCAR's rules arent strict enough...it's well-documented that Tony's crew chief cheated, got caught...and it was HIM that got suspended. I think he should be responsible for the whole team, and if I was teh NASCAR head honcho, this crew would not even be in the 500....JMO

NASCAR should have more rules, rather than allowing cheaters to continue with little or no penalties.

Don't you mean Jimmie Johnson's crew chief? I mean, Tony Stewart drove like a total ******* all day, but he didn't cheat in his setup or anything.

TerryTate
02-19-2006, 08:46 PM
I wanted Stewart to be out of the race when he took out Kenseth..so Kenseth would beat his arse near the pit area.

phunwin
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM
I wanted Stewart to be out of the race when he took out Kenseth..so Kenseth would beat his arse near the pit area.

I was praying Kenseth would wreck him later on. I like Kenseth only a little more than I like Stewart. Seeing those two knock each other out of the race would have been phenomenal.

TerryTate
02-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Don't you mean Jimmie Johnson's crew chief? I mean, Tony Stewart drove like a total ******* all day, but he didn't cheat in his setup or anything.

I meant Jimmy......whoops.

Dubfire
02-19-2006, 08:51 PM
**** Tony Stewart. Gordon had a top 5 car and Tony didn't give him an inch. So much for his diatribe against aggressive driving this week. How many incidents was he involved in? There was the one with Gordon, one with Kyle Busch, and then of course, Matt Kenseth. Hypocritical ********er.

While I am a huge fan of Tony Stewart, I cannot disagree here. He did some things today that still have me scratching my head. I mean it's no wonder so many people hate him. I'm a fan and I have zero explanation for what he did to Kenseth today. Maybe Matt's people will retaliate and DeWalt won't sell any of their stuff anymore in all of the Home Depot's across the country.:lol:

phunwin
02-19-2006, 09:00 PM
While I am a huge fan of Tony Stewart, I cannot disagree here. He did some things today that still have me scratching my head. I mean it's no wonder so many people hate him. I'm a fan and I have zero explanation for what he did to Kenseth today. Maybe Matt's people will retaliate and DeWalt won't sell any of their stuff anymore in all of the Home Depot's across the country anymore.:lol:

Maybe DuPont will stop marketing to Home Depot as well. Not sure what Kellogg's is going to do, though. :lol:

I never cared for Stewart, and I can't stand him now. I mean, he's not in Bills/Jets territory or anything, but man, I'm steamed. Hopefully, what goes around comes around, and karma will get back at Tony. Maybe Earl Hickey will toss a broken bottle on the track at California and Tony will pop a tire and go hurtling into the wall at 185 mph.

Dubfire
02-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Maybe DuPont will stop marketing to Home Depot as well. Not sure what Kellogg's is going to do, though. :lol:

I never cared for Stewart, and I can't stand him now. I mean, he's not in Bills/Jets territory or anything, but man, I'm steamed. Hopefully, what goes around comes around, and karma will get back at Tony. Maybe Earl Hickey will toss a broken bottle on the track at California and Tony will pop a tire and go hurtling into the wall at 185 mph.

Oh it's a long season. They will get him back when he least expects it. Tony knows it but he doesn't care.

17-0
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Yates racing looked good today.:evil:

King Felix
02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
thats what i like about tony is he doesnt care.........he also said on the speed channel that it was because kensith turned him earlier in the race.

THOMAS_54
02-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Yates racing looked good today.:evil: The bad thing about Sadler was that he didn't even go with Junior with 2 to go. I thought that was very questionable.:refuse: (I still like him and DJ thought).

phunwin
02-19-2006, 09:17 PM
The bad thing about Sadler was that he didn't even go with Junior with 2 to go. I thought that was very questionable.:refuse: (I still like him and DJ thought).

Can't blame him for that. Ford/Chevy and all. If you want friends, you'd better look first to teammates, then to the same car manufacturer.

THOMAS_54
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Can't blame him for that. Ford/Chevy and all. If you want friends, you'd better look first to teammates, then to the same car manufacturer.No Ford or Jarrett was near him at the end. Both him and Junior had great runs.And it's 2 LAPS TO GO in the Daytona 500. Sadler had no reason to stay in his spot when he had a great chance at winning.

phunwin
02-19-2006, 09:53 PM
No Ford or Jarrett was near him at the end. Both him and Junior had great runs.And it's 2 LAPS TO GO in the Daytona 500. Sadler had no reason to stay in his spot when he had a great chance at winning.

I didn't think he had a great chance at winning. The high line hadn't worked all day. It would have taken more than just Junior running the high line for Sadler to move up. Johnson, Newman and Mears were all running too strong for those two to make a move on the high side. Junior took a shot and fell back. If Sadler had gone with him, he would have too. Sadler made the right call.

CharlestonPhan
02-19-2006, 10:52 PM
You couldn't pay me enough money to sit and watch 10 seconds of that race or any car race.

the exact same way i feel about NBA basketball...

CharlestonPhan
02-19-2006, 10:54 PM
While I am a huge fan of Tony Stewart, I cannot disagree here. He did some things today that still have me scratching my head. I mean it's no wonder so many people hate him. I'm a fan and I have zero explanation for what he did to Kenseth today. Maybe Matt's people will retaliate and DeWalt won't sell any of their stuff anymore in all of the Home Depot's across the country.:lol:

unreal, they could subtitle this race, as "Tony Stewarts 500 mile temper tantrum."

Clark Kent
02-19-2006, 11:15 PM
thats what i like about tony is he doesnt care.........he also said on the speed channel that it was because kensith turned him earlier in the race.Reagrdless, what he did was wrong... He ran him off the track on purpose! It's one thing to be a fan, but to say it's fair game is bull****.

Jamie McMurray is also an idiot. Jeff Gordan with his junker had a top 10 car and he goes and ruins it... Bunch of idiots at Daytona as usual.

King Felix
02-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Reagrdless, what he did was wrong... He ran him off the track on purpose! It's one thing to be a fan, but to say it's fair game is bull****.

Jamie McMurray is also an idiot. Jeff Gordan with his junker had a top 10 car and he goes and ruins it... Bunch of idiots at Daytona as usual.

if ur implying that i said it was fair then please find where i said that

PATS FAN in PA
02-19-2006, 11:19 PM
doesn't tony remind you of anyone . . . maybe good ole #3

huge tony fan . . . drives me nuts when he has days like this . . . but the bottom line is gordon wasn't clear . . . tony should not have had to give him the space . . . kyle busch is a punk . . . ran tony down on the apron and then tried to act like it wasn't intentional . . . he is going to learn quickly that he shouldn't tango with tony . . . as for kenseth, tony should not have run him down on the apron, especially with all of his talk about rough driving this week . . . but i'm not a big kenseth fan so too bad for him

Clark Kent
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
doesn't tony remind you of anyone . . . maybe good ole #3

huge tony fan . . . drives me nuts when he has days like this . . . but the bottom line is gordon wasn't clear . . . tony should not have had to give him the space . . . kyle busch is a punk . . . ran tony down on the apron and then tried to act like it wasn't intentional . . . he is going to learn quickly that he shouldn't tango with tony . . . as for kenseth, tony should not have run him down on the apron, especially with all of his talk about rough driving this week . . . but i'm not a big kenseth fan so too bad for him

Dale (who was my favorite driver since I started watching racing) was a badass. However, they are not the same. Dale is the ultimate competitor, while Tony is like an angry kid throwing a tantrum going 200 mph. Tony is an idiot, has been his whole career. Probably the greatest driver in the world, yet can't keep is emotions in check. He was almost thrown off his team a year or so ago for god sake.

If Tony can learn something in anger management class, he has the ability to be the best there ever was. However he is a hot head with no class, and that isn't changing it seems.

Also, it's not that he should of given room for Gordan, but Gordan had position and not giving up some room put TONY in the wall. Had he done what almost every other driver would have done, his car would have been perfect all day and in contention for the win.

phunwin
02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Dale (who was my favorite driver since I started watching racing) was a badass. However, they are not the same. Dale is the ultimate competitor, while Tony is like an angry kid throwing a tantrum going 200 mph. Tony is an idiot, has been his whole career. Probably the greatest driver in the world, yet can't keep is emotions in check. He was almost thrown off his team a year or so ago for god sake.

If Tony can learn something in anger management class, he has the ability to be the best there ever was. However he is a hot head with no class, and that isn't changing it seems.

Also, it's not that he should of given room for Gordan, but Gordan had position and not giving up some room put TONY in the wall. Had he done what almost every other driver would have done, his car would have been perfect all day and in contention for the win.

It was also a timing thing. With 10 laps left, most would not fault him for not giving way. But they were, what 45 laps into the race or something? So it was stupid not to give Jeff any room, because one spot at that point in the race means nothing.

I agree; Stewart's ABILITY reminds me of Earnhardt. His temperment does not. You've got to wonder if Stewart's more mellow 2005 image was just an act.

Dubfire
02-20-2006, 01:03 AM
unreal, they could subtitle this race, as "Tony Stewarts 500 mile temper tantrum."

:sidelol:

Roman529
02-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Too many wrecks and yellow flags at the end.....one of the many reasons why I don't care for NASCAR....zzzzzzz.

MikeO
02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
the exact same way i feel about NBA basketball...

I feel your pain!

Jimmy James
02-21-2006, 08:01 PM
This sport is sadly a pale shadow of what it was 10 years ago, and the France family's corruption has a lot to do with it. When a prominent team owner friendly with them name Rick Hendrick can announce that he won't appeal the penalty against his team over 12 hours before the penalty is even announced.