PDA

View Full Version : Help with adding GIF images to a photoshop pic..

s3an8
02-19-2006, 09:06 PM
can someone help me add a GIF picture to my photoshop...thnx alot...

darkmistress
02-19-2006, 09:11 PM
can someone help me add a GIF picture to my photoshop...thnx alot...

is it animated or just a gif file?

If it's animated you'll have to open it in Image Ready which you should have if you have photoshop.

s3an8
02-20-2006, 01:02 AM
ok im there but how do i send it over to the picute i want it to go on...

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 01:10 AM
ok im there but how do i send it over to the picute i want it to go on...

there should be a layer panel to the right. If not go window>layers.
If you only want one layer to use for an image then I suggest opening the gif in photoshop through image ready. To do this click the button on the very bottom of the tool panel. If you mouse over it it should say "Edit in photoshop" or something of the like.

In either program, in the layer panel there should be several layers one of which sould have a black eye on it. All you have to do is click those small boxes (to the left of the layer name) to bring up the black eye and show the layer and click it again to hide the layer.

Once you find the layer you want you can delete the remaining layers.

Hope that helps :googly:

s3an8
02-20-2006, 01:28 AM
how do i drag the video into a photo i already have....cuase i can add one slide out of the video but i cant enter the whole clip.....

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 01:34 AM
how do i drag the video into a photo i already have....cuase i can add one slide out of the video but i cant enter the whole clip.....

just one slide or the the whole animation?

If just one frame then, making sure the layer is selected, you can do one of two things:

1. use the rectangular marquee tool (top left corner of tool panel) to highlight the layer. Then copy and paste it.

2. Or, like I do, have both images open and with the "move" tool (top right corner of tool panel) click and drag it to the other image.

s3an8
02-20-2006, 01:34 AM
ya i can get one frame im tlkin bout the whole video....

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 01:39 AM
ya i can get one frame im tlkin bout the whole video....

Oh ok, in that case you'll have to bring the other image over to the animated one (as above) and use the eraser to remove whatever is in the way.

You might want to check out some tutorials as they'll go in to more depth than I can here at work :couch:

s3an8
02-20-2006, 01:41 AM
lol ok thanx alot man i really really appreciate it....if you know anything bout fonts could you help me out with that my aim name is seanlp8 or jus post it.....my problem is importing new fonts....i know how too...but it just wont install right...it says uncampatible or something......

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 01:43 AM
lol ok thanx alot man i really really appreciate it....if you know anything bout fonts could you help me out with that my aim name is seanlp8 or jus post it.....my problem is importing new fonts....i know how too...but it just wont install right...it says uncampatible or something......

Are you running mac or pc? You'll have to get fonts that comply with your system. It could also be that the fonts you got were dodgy, they don't always work :wink:

s3an8
02-20-2006, 01:49 AM
oo well i got them from 2 different sites.....and they both didnt work....and i have windows......and i did ...ithey were for windows......but they still didnt install....

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 01:50 AM
oo well i got them from 2 different sites.....and they both didnt work....and i have windows......and i did ...ithey were for windows......but they still didnt install....

Are they in your fonts folder?

s3an8
02-20-2006, 02:02 AM
i try to put them there and it wont instakll into it.....

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 02:12 AM
i try to put them there and it wont instakll into it.....

Can you see the files in the folder? have you restarted?

If you can't see them have you tried unzipping them to your desktop then dragging the files to the fonts folder?

s3an8
02-20-2006, 02:30 AM
i unzipped them and dragged them and then it says error while instlling into the fonts...

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
i unzipped them and dragged them and then it says error while instlling into the fonts...

See if you can download some other fonts. There's probably somehting wrong with the fonts you have.

s3an8
02-20-2006, 10:12 PM
3 different sites and it wont work.....

darkmistress
02-20-2006, 10:48 PM
3 different sites and it wont work.....

did you try getting different fonts?