PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade or Lebron James?

nick1
02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
both are great players but who is better? Wade is more clutch and just beat out James in the skills challenge. James won ROY and now all-star MVP. Wade seems to be the better all-around player to me. He is also more clutch with a ton of game winning shots to James's zero game winning shots. I think Wade is better.

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:16 PM
I like Wade no doubt. But hands down Lebron.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Wade plays better Defense

Wade has proven more clutch

Wade is less selfish with the ball

Wade SHOULD have been rookie of the year

I'll take Wade over Lebron everytime you give me that choice

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:23 PM

lebron is on a worse team, of course hes going to be more selfish with the ball.

lebron is head and shoulders better 3 point shooter. lebron is overall better scorer.

lebron is a better passer.

lebron is a better rebounder.

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:24 PM

btw, how the hell should wade been ROTY?

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:26 PM
lebron is on a worse team, of course hes going to be more selfish with the ball.

lebron is head and shoulders better 3 point shooter. lebron is overall better scorer.

lebron is a better passer.

lebron is a better rebounder.

Wade was in the playoffs his rookie year without a great team around him

Wade doesnt take many 3 pointers, he is more selective than lebron and doesnt just toss up shots, if wade was as selfish as lebron the scoring average would be the same

Saying lebron is a better passer ends this debate now because thats just really really funny

Only thing Lebron is better at is being a ball hog

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:27 PM
btw, how the hell should wade been ROTY?

Because he had a great year and his team actually made the playoffs, he helped carry them

A lot of people though Wade should have been Rookie of the year, not just me

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:29 PM

Wade doesnt take many 3 pointers, he is more selective than lebron and doesnt just toss up shots, if wade was as selfish as lebron the scoring average would be the same

Saying lebron is a better passer ends this debate now because thats just really really funny

saying that me saying lebron being a better passer is a joke does end this debate, cause it shows you dont know **** about lebron.

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Because he had a great year and his team actually made the playoffs, he helped carry them

A lot of people though Wade should have been Rookie of the year, not just me

:sidelol:

ok

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:30 PM
saying that me saying lebron being a better passer is a joke does end this debate, cause it shows you dont know **** about lebron.

No it shows your dont watch very closely is all

Lebron is a great player but Wade is better hands down

If the game is on the line and I have to put the ball in one of their hands, guess what buddy lebron isnt touchin the ball

UCFinfan86
02-20-2006, 02:31 PM
i would take wade. Wade's defense and clutch is what sets him apart. I dont agree that Lebron is a better scorer. He is a more versatile scorer, but not better. Just within the last month watching wade no one can defend when he drives. His 18 foot shot is as accurate as anyone now.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:31 PM

ok

Yeah actually I guess you dont watch any NBA shows at all, because they were talking a LOT about how Wade should have recieved far more votes and deserved it

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:33 PM
No it shows your dont watch very closely is all

Lebron is a great player but Wade is better hands down

If the game is on the line and I have to put the ball in one of their hands, guess what buddy lebron isnt touchin the ball

ok.

i forgot this was a debate on who has had the better career with 2 seconds left. :rolleyes2

MikeO
Lebron is the best player in the league. Everyone else is fighting for 2nd!

Nappy Roots
Yeah actually I guess you dont watch any NBA shows at all, because they were talking a LOT about how Wade should have recieved far more votes and deserved it

yea there was alot of talk, i never said there wasnt. lebron cleary deserved it, and thats why he won it.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:35 PM
ok.

i forgot this was a debate on who has had the better career with 2 seconds left. :rolleyes2

No but being clutch is a factor in how good you are overall, Id rather have a player who has proven he can make those shots rather than one who hasnt

Besides Wade plays far better defense and has better shot selection and plays TEAM basketball

That gives him the edge

nick1
02-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Wade is better, just look at the stats

BTW look at the video in my sig., you will see some monster Wade dunks and a half court shot he nailed at the buzzer

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Wade is better, just look at the stats

BTW look at the video in my sig., you will see some monster Wade dunks and a half court shot he nailed at the buzzer

please post us these stats where it shows wade is better?

Prime
02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
They both are great players, but I would want LeBron over Wade anyday of the week.

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
No but being clutch is a factor in how good you are overall, Id rather have a player who has proven he can make those shots rather than one who hasnt

Besides Wade plays far better defense and has better shot selection and plays TEAM basketball

That gives him the edge

Wade plays team basketball because he has a team. the only help bron has ever gotten is out for the year with an injury.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Wade http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3708

Lebron http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3704

I havnt even looked at them compartivly yet, I like Wades style of play better, now ill look at the stats

nick1
02-20-2006, 02:51 PM
please post us these stats where it shows wade is better?
how many triple-doubles has James had? compared to Wade? Wade has had more I think?

Wade has a better FT% in his career
Wade has a better FG% in his career
Wade averages more blocks a game in his career

Wade has proven better in the clutch which is common knowledge

this season, here it goes

points - James
rebounds - James
assits - Wade
steals - Wade
blocks - James
FG% - Wade
FT% - Wade
3PT% - James

thats 4 to 4 but given that James averages more min. a game and that James is taller, I'd take Wade anyday

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:53 PM
how many triple-doubles has James had? compared to Wade? Wade has had more

Wade has a better FT% in his career
Wade has a better FG% in his career
Wade averages more blocks a game in his career

Wade has proven better in the clutch which is common knowledge

yup, those stats definitly show it.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 02:56 PM

yup, those stats definitly show it.

It just comes down to whos style of play you like more I guess

I think we can agree they are both great players

There stats are actually very comparable to eachother, except the fact that wade has missed more games, and Lebron has the points per game but Wade takes less shots

Stat wise they are about even, so it just depends what type of player you want on your team I guess

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 02:59 PM
It just comes down to whos style of play you like more I guess

I think we can agree they are both great players

There stats are actually very comparable to eachother, except the fact that wade has missed more games, and Lebron has the points per game but Wade takes less shots

Stat wise they are about even, so it just depends what type of player you want on your team I guess

well obviously if i need a SG i would take Lebron, if i need a PG i would take Wade.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 03:01 PM
well obviously if i need a SG i would take Lebron, if i need a PG i would take Wade.

I can agree with that, fair enough

Oh well im outta this thread now

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Wade isn't a PG and James is really a SF but I see what your saying, I guess it's back to the Ricky threads

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Wade isn't a PG and James is really a SF but I see what your saying, I guess it's back to the Ricky threads

James plays 1, 2, and 3. his game is a 2 though, thats what he is.

Wade plays 1 and 2. he is a 1, and not big enough to play 2 all the time IMO. so there for my statment sticks.

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:07 PM
James plays 1, 2, and 3. his game is a 2 though, thats what he is.

Wade plays 1 and 2. he is a 1, and not big enough to play 2 all the time IMO. so there for my statment sticks.
I don't know, I'm just saying that Wade always plays SG with Williams at PG

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't know, I'm just saying that Wade always plays SG with Williams at PG

yea i know. but who you gonna take as a SG? a scorer that has to gaurd 6'8 scorers? i want a 6'8 240 guy that can bang in and out of the paint with those 68 scorers, and can launch 3s and carry a team.

if i want a PG, id take wade. although i think bron is th better passer, wade is quicker and is better on d, so he would be my better choice there.

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:30 PM
yea i know. but who you gonna take as a SG? a scorer that has to gaurd 6'8 scorers? i want a 6'8 240 guy that can bang in and out of the paint with those 68 scorers, and can launch 3s and carry a team.

if i want a PG, id take wade. although i think bron is th better passer, wade is quicker and is better on d, so he would be my better choice there.
don't know, I'm biased so I'd take Wade

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:31 PM
id take lebron over wade ne day at any skill.

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM

That gives him the edge

u dont watch lebron do you??

nick1
id take lebron over wade ne day at any skill.
Wade looked better in the Skills challenge, alot better. watch the video on nba.com if you want to see

Nappy Roots
Wade looked better in the Skills challenge, alot better. watch the video on nba.com if you want to see

why does that matter:confused:

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
i watched it.........id still take lebron cuz wade cant shoot worth ****........i could shoot better than wade

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
why does that matter:confused:

fo real none of that reallyy matters in a game

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
i watched it.........id still take lebron cuz wade cant shoot worth ****........i could shoot better than wade
you must be kidding me, Wade shoots 78% FT and 49% FG, both are better than James. If Wade can't shoot than James really can't shoot :lol:

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
fo real none of that reallyy matters in a game
it's an example of how clutch Wade is

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
you must be kidding me, Wade shoots 78% FT and 49% FG, both are better than James. If Wade can't shoot than James really can't shoot :lol:

yea Wades got a good mid range jumper. he can shoot.

he cant shoot 3s though. but hes got a shot.

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:38 PM

wade played only 61 games
lebron played in 79 advantage lebron

wade averaged 16.2 ppg
lebron averaged 20.9 ppg advantage lebron

wade averaged 4.5 apg
lebron averaged 5.9 apg advantage lebron

sry i just dont see how wade SHOULD have won roty

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:39 PM

clutch?? i really dont think either one cared who won

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:39 PM
yea Wades got a good mid range jumper. he can shoot.

he cant shoot 3s though. but hes got a shot.
and? he doesn't need to shoot 3's

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:41 PM

somebody give me how many game winning shots hes made god u guys keep saying it but i wanna see how many he has attempted and how many he has made.

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:41 PM

he is a SG

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
clutch?? i really dont think either one cared who won
Wade does care, he always wants to win and does. don't like that? Wade has shot over 100 game winning shots and I bet James doesn't even have 1. Wade nailed a half court shot once at the buzzer, but I guess you can do that since you shoot better :rolleyes2

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
he is a SG
so? and as me and Nappy already discussed, Wade is really a PG not that it matters

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol:

ok. Lebron doesnt need to play D or be clutch. im praising the dudes mid range, and you come up with something like, "he doesnt need to shoot 3s?"

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM

ok. Lebron doesnt need to play D or be clutch. im praising the dudes mid range, and you come up with something like, "he doesnt need to shoot 3s?"

lol

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Wade does care, he always wants to win and does. don't like that? Wade has shot over 100 game winning shots and I bet James doesn't even have 1. Wade nailed a half court shot once at the buzzer, but I guess you can do that since you shoot better :rolleyes2

100 game shots? i bet he hasnt even attempted a fourth of that.

and shooting from half court is luck, has nothing to do with who shots better. :rolleyes2

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM

give me a link

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:46 PM
why didnt u make this into a poll?

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:48 PM

tell me why does he need to? he is really good in the low post and from mid range, he puts up 30-40 points a night. his team wins, he is clutch when it counts. why does it matter? it doesn't

end of discussion

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:49 PM
why didnt u make this into a poll?
don't know, I should of

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:50 PM
lebrons teams win 2..........and oh its only 27 not 30-40

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:51 PM
cleveland only has 1 more loss than the heat so how clutch does lebron have 2 be?

Alex44
02-20-2006, 03:52 PM
wade played only 61 games
lebron played in 79 advantage lebron

wade averaged 16.2 ppg
lebron averaged 20.9 ppg advantage lebron

wade averaged 4.5 apg
lebron averaged 5.9 apg advantage lebron

sry i just dont see how wade SHOULD have won roty

Because Wade carried his team to the playoffs Lebron didnt

Its about more than stats you know

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:52 PM
lol 56 games wont ever get u roty the first stat explains it all

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:54 PM

he didnt lead **** he wasnt even leading scorer on the team

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 03:55 PM

1 player cant take a team to the playoffs, even in basketball. you gotta have some sort of role players, a coach, etc.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
somebody give me how many game winning shots hes made god u guys keep saying it but i wanna see how many he has attempted and how many he has made.

I dont know how many he has made but there have been a lot of clutch shots he has made and to my memory he hardly ever misses and I mean Hardly when the game is on the line

Example

Playoffs 2 years back Miami vs New Orleans forget how much time was on the clock but between 8 and 15 seconds

Wade drives down the lane and puts it in on a very tough shot to give miami the series win

Noodle Arm
02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
If I were a GM on a team making a championship run, RIGHT NOW I'd take Wade. As stated he's a better defender and has the cluch killer instinct that all the great ones have...but James lacks at the moment. He's a superstar...and deservedly so.

If I were building for the future, I'd take James. He hasn't even begun to reach his potential and is only going to get better. IF he really cares about the game and wants to improve, then that clutch instinct will come in due time when he starts to build more confidence. Through the years there have been a lot of guys who could score tons of points...but lacked the confidence to carry the team on their shoulders and have the ball in their hands with 5 seconds left on the clock, that's what seperates the good from the great ones. If James can gain that confidence in his game...he'll be a force for many years to come.

nick1
02-20-2006, 03:58 PM
don't know but I can name at least five

this one was in the playoffs http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/games/2004-04-18-heat-hornets-game1_x.htm

this was a week ago http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060213/sp_nm/nba_sunday_dc

winning free throw http://www.nba.com/games/20051107/NJNMIA/recap.html

winning game shot on video http://www.nba.com/finishes/wade_033005.html

a clutch block http://www.nba.com/games/20050226/ORLMIA/recap.html

I could go on and on, I just don't want to. trust me, he has dozens of winning shots. 100 might be too much but he is more clutch than James, it's well known

King Felix
02-20-2006, 03:59 PM
don't know but I can name at least five

this one was in the playoffs http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/games/2004-04-18-heat-hornets-game1_x.htm

this was a week ago http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060213/sp_nm/nba_sunday_dc

I could go on and on, I just don't want to. trust me, he has dozens of winning shots. 100 might be too much but he is more clutch than James, it's well known

go one i want u to name as many as u can

nick1
02-20-2006, 04:00 PM
1 player cant take a team to the playoffs, even in basketball. you gotta have some sort of role players, a coach, etc.
tell that to Kobe

nick1
02-20-2006, 04:01 PM
hold on than

Alex44
02-20-2006, 04:01 PM

It is well known Wade is more clutch than Lebron is, they were talking about it on sportscenter a few nights ago

Although I doubt its 100 more like 20 or 30 probally

Lebron has 2 or 3 they said on espn the other night

King Felix
02-20-2006, 04:03 PM
It is well known Wade is more clutch than Lebron is, they were talking about it on sportscenter a few nights ago

Although I doubt its 100 more like 20 or 30 probally

Lebron has 2 or 3 they said on espn the other night

all in nba??:sidelol:

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 04:03 PM
tell that to Kobe

yea with one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game, and a good role player in odom. give me a break.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 04:04 PM
all in nba??:sidelol:

yes

Come on use some logic here

Think about how many games he has played, and how many close games he has played

With the game on the line it is ALWAYS in his hands, its really not a big number

Lebrons games all seem to be blow outs one way or the other win or lose

King Felix
02-20-2006, 04:05 PM
lol 20 or 30 idk if jordan even got to 25:sidelol::sidelol:

Alex44
02-20-2006, 04:07 PM
lol 20 or 30 idk if jordan even got to 25:sidelol::sidelol:

You know a game winning shot doesnt mean at the buzzer always

If you score with 17 seconds left and put your team up by two and you win by that margin it is considerd a game winning shot

of course Jordon hit 25 career

I mean Wade scored our last 17 points vs detroit I believe what makes you doubt him so much

King Felix
02-20-2006, 04:08 PM
u guys have named 3 games.

King Felix
02-20-2006, 04:10 PM
if he has so many u should be able to remember more than 3.

Alex44
02-20-2006, 04:10 PM

Im sorry I dont remember every single NBA game the last 3 years man

It is a known fact Wade has hit far more than Lebron everyone even ESPN knows it

nick1
02-20-2006, 04:14 PM
4 and a clutch block, sorry I just don't have that kind of time. he has hit a ton though

oh and Wade hit the winning basket in yesterday's all-star game http://www.nba.com/games/20060219/ESTWST/recap.html

King Felix
02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
ur online... right now dont tell me u dont have the time

Alex44
02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
ur online... right now dont tell me u dont have the time

Well its kind of a pain to backtrack through every NBA game the last few years to find an exact number ya know?

I may not know the exact number but I do know its far more than lebron

King Felix
02-20-2006, 04:21 PM
wats considered far more?

Alex44
02-20-2006, 04:22 PM
wats considered far more?

10 to 15 would be far more in my mind

King Felix
02-20-2006, 04:23 PM
k

nick1
02-20-2006, 04:28 PM
k
I will try and find it, just wait. I have nothing to do right now anyway

Ferretsquig
02-20-2006, 04:48 PM

Not only does Wade not need the three point shot, it would be detrimental to his game. He scores 75% of the time he takes a two point shot, half the time by making the basket and the rest from the charity stripe. Hes never going to be a 50%+ three point shooter, so taking more threes only serves to limit his efficiency. You can make an argument for the three prolonging his career, and also making it easier to drive when people stop sagging off him 25 ft from the basket.

They are both great scorers, but I'll take Lebron if I needed 50. As far as defense goes, neither tries all that hard but Wade comes up with a couple spectacular blocks or steals every game. If they put the effort into it like Kobe they could be great. Right now Lebron is right up there with Kobe in the discussion for the best basketball player out there, but I'll take Wade. There just isnt any nba superstar as unselfish or smart as him out there. Even your beloved Lebron jacks up threes early in the shot clock.

Buddwalk
02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
both are great players but who is better? Wade is more clutch and just beat out James in the skills challenge. James won ROY and now all-star MVP. Wade seems to be the better all-around player to me. He is also more clutch with a ton of game winning shots to James's zero game winning shots. I think Wade is better.

Way Off...wade is a better shooter...but better player hell no!

Listen to these numbers for lebron

31 ppg 7 rpg 7 apg

Those are his numbers roughly...the guys an animal

Also i hate the comparisons to jordan...lebron is nothing like jordan if anything lebron is like larry bird

Alex44
02-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Not only does Wade not need the three point shot, it would be detrimental to his game. He scores 75% of the time he takes a two point shot, half the time by making the basket and the rest from the charity stripe. Hes never going to be a 50%+ three point shooter, so taking more threes only serves to limit his efficiency. You can make an argument for the three prolonging his career, and also making it easier to drive when people stop sagging off him 25 ft from the basket.

They are both great scorers, but I'll take Lebron if I needed 50. As far as defense goes, neither tries all that hard but Wade comes up with a couple spectacular blocks or steals every game. If they put the effort into it like Kobe they could be great. Right now Lebron is right up there with Kobe in the discussion for the best basketball player out there, but I'll take Wade. There just isnt any nba superstar as unselfish or smart as him out there. Even your beloved Lebron jacks up threes early in the shot clock.

WHAT

Wade is flying across the floor on defense every minute every night he plays his *** of on D

dominizzo
02-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Lebron James Eyes closed

Prime Time
02-20-2006, 05:18 PM

I just saw this thread, and I agree that both are GREAT passers already, but LeBron is a better passer.

Prime Time
02-20-2006, 05:21 PM

That gives him the edge

So you'd rather take Robert Horry then LeBron James? :rolleyes2

Prime Time
02-20-2006, 05:31 PM
WHAT

Wade is flying across the floor on defense every minute every night he plays his *** of on D

No. He might try his hardest, but it isn't good enough. Even Pat Riley told the Sun Sentinel in the Newspaper a couple weeks ago, If Wade wants to get to the next level, he MUST improve on his Defense.

Ferretsquig
02-20-2006, 05:37 PM
No. He might try his hardest, but it isn't good enough. Even Pat Riley told the Sun Sentinel in the Newspaper a couple weeks ago, If Wade wants to get to the next level, he MUST improve on his Defense.

Its all effort....the same thing you see in Lebron and a lot of stars in the NBA. He knows how to play defense, and definately has the atheletic ability...he just doesnt put the effort into it. Its not always the case, when Rip was making him look bad its was more his lack of recognition of the screens....that was made brutally obvious when Anderson came in and shut him down.

They are both so young, so you cant get on them too much for their lack of defense. Kobe didnt play defense in his first few years either. It would be nice to see more intensity, but the same can be said for the rest of this Heat team.

Fresh
02-20-2006, 05:38 PM
It's funny as hell that people think LeBron is a better player than Wade at this point. LeBron is a better scorer? I don't think so. He needs to take more shots than Wade to score more points. If Wade played in the system that LeBron plays where the entire offense revolves around him, he'd probably be challenging Kobe for the scoring title. Wade plays with Shaq, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, etc. so he isn't going to drop 30+ a night. Last year, when Shaq was hurt and Wade was not only the #1, but the only big option on the team, I think Wade's numbers were something like 31/6/5 at about 49% shooting.

You can't compare three point shooting as to who is the better player, that's just flat out ridiculous. Dwyane Wade drops 27 a night without taking any three's, outside of halfcourt shots. If the player doesn't need to be an efficient 3-point shooter to score, then using the ability as an argument is just stupid. You can not, I repeat, you can not be a "great" player if you're not clutch. LeBron James is one of the league's worse players in the clutch, period. Dwyane Wade is a top 3 player in the clutch, and that means EVERYTHING. LeBron can do it for 40 minutes, sure. But when the game is on the line, what is he, like 3/17 or something? That is HORRIBLE.

Wade is in a better class than LeBron. Wade's in the Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson class. When LeBron learns how to come up big late in games, then he can join that class. As far as I'm concerned, LBJ can drop 35/10/10 for all I care...but until he learns how to be a clutch player, he should never be considered as one of the greats.

Oh yeah, and another thing, should we even discuss Wade vs. LeBron on the defensive side? Hell no. That's not even something I'd waste time discussing. LeBron is a piss poor defender 85% of the time, and the other 15% he's decent. Wade is a great defender for the most part, and at 6'4, he'll actually contest any player in the league. How are you gonna be a better player than another when you don't even have a complete game? That's just ridiculous. People compare LeBron to Jordan, yet he's not even on Kobe's level yet.

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 06:17 PM
It's funny as hell that people think LeBron is a better player than Wade at this point. LeBron is a better scorer? I don't think so. He needs to take more shots than Wade to score more points. If Wade played in the system that LeBron plays where the entire offense revolves around him, he'd probably be challenging Kobe for the scoring title. Wade plays with Shaq, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, etc. so he isn't going to drop 30+ a night. Last year, when Shaq was hurt and Wade was not only the #1, but the only big option on the team, I think Wade's numbers were something like 31/6/5 at about 49% shooting.

You can't compare three point shooting as to who is the better player, that's just flat out ridiculous. Dwyane Wade drops 27 a night without taking any three's, outside of halfcourt shots. If the player doesn't need to be an efficient 3-point shooter to score, then using the ability as an argument is just stupid. You can not, I repeat, you can not be a "great" player if you're not clutch. LeBron James is one of the league's worse players in the clutch, period. Dwyane Wade is a top 3 player in the clutch, and that means EVERYTHING. LeBron can do it for 40 minutes, sure. But when the game is on the line, what is he, like 3/17 or something? That is HORRIBLE.

Wade is in a better class than LeBron. Wade's in the Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson class. When LeBron learns how to come up big late in games, then he can join that class. As far as I'm concerned, LBJ can drop 35/10/10 for all I care...but until he learns how to be a clutch player, he should never be considered as one of the greats.

Oh yeah, and another thing, should we even discuss Wade vs. LeBron on the defensive side? Hell no. That's not even something I'd waste time discussing. LeBron is a piss poor defender 85% of the time, and the other 15% he's decent. Wade is a great defender for the most part, and at 6'4, he'll actually contest any player in the league. How are you gonna be a better player than another when you don't even have a complete game? That's just ridiculous. People compare LeBron to Jordan, yet he's not even on Kobe's level yet.

you a damn homer, thats for sure.

dob72
02-20-2006, 06:24 PM
wade is better nuff said

djfresh47
02-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't even think this is debateable LeBron is by far a better player. He's missing his 2nd best player in Hughes and has the Cavs currently in the 4 slot in the East. Wade is a very good player but but a better arguement maybe whose better Melo or Wade.

Fresh
02-20-2006, 06:54 PM

you a damn homer, thats for sure.
Actually, no, I am not. I'd be a homer if I said Wade was the best player in the league. How can you be a homer to say Wade's better than LeBron? If that's the case, Kenny The Jet, Charles Barkley, Stephen A., Chad Ford, and many others are "homers" for a team that they are not even fans for. :rolleyes2

I'm as far from being a homer as LeBron is from being a clutch performer (which is VERY far). Go read my posts in the Official Heat thread. I knock the Heat more than a Pistons fan would.

But I know one thing, I've seen LeBron & Wade play more than any member of this forum. I watch every Heat game, and when the Heat aren't playing or it's a boring game, I always check up on the Cavs to watch LeBron, because he's one of the most exciting players to watch. This kid is the complete opposite of clutch, however, and he's not even a decent defender yet.

I'm gonna ask you this...what important ability does LeBron James possess that Dwyane Wade doesn't? And don't say three-point shooting, because I said important. Wade hits the long-range jumper every night now, and he still drops in 27.4 points. Wade has 2 on LeBron, and that's good defense and performing great in the clutch. The defensive liability is fixable, but being clutch? I think that's more of a natural attribute that LeBron will either get better at with experience, or he'll always lack.

Fresh
02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't even think this is debateable LeBron is by far a better player. He's missing his 2nd best player in Hughes and has the Cavs currently in the 4 slot in the East. Wade is a very good player but but a better arguement maybe whose better Melo or Wade.
That's probably the funniest thing I've read in this entire thread.

Wade is far better than Melo. Are you kidding me? First off, Carmelo Anthony is still going thru the "inconsistent" stages. He hasn't even reached stardom yet. Wade is a sure-fire top 10 player in the league, and you'd be making a mistake to say he's not top 5.

As for Wade & LeBron, you're making even more comedy. Wade isn't far better than LeBron, and LeBron isn't far better than Wade. Stop looking at stats and watch the damn game.

UCFinfan86
02-20-2006, 07:07 PM
u made good points blueprint. i agree totally. I woudl really liek to see how wade would play in James system were it all revolves around him. Wade is not only clutch on offense but defense as well. I remember atleast 3 times this seaosn he had a tip or a block on the last shot of the game.

also on a side note how old are you chris84chambers? your arguments make you seem like you are 10

King Felix
02-20-2006, 07:36 PM

its alot easier to focus on one guy like lebron..........

name the top 3 clutch scorers i got
1.kobe
2.billups
3.bibby

King Felix
02-20-2006, 07:39 PM
u made good points blueprint. i agree totally. I woudl really liek to see how wade would play in James system were it all revolves around him. Wade is not only clutch on offense but defense as well. I remember atleast 3 times this seaosn he had a tip or a block on the last shot of the game.

also on a side note how old are you chris84chambers? your arguments make you seem like you are 10

im 15, and there is so many homers on this idc wat i sound like its hard to argue that even wade cant shoot 3's

Section126
02-20-2006, 07:56 PM
For the Jailblazers fan that insists on the number of games that Wade has won at the buzzard or hit the game winning shot...that is very difficult to do...

But I will do this...I will give you the ones i know off the top of my head. ( I put alot of thought into this..I even called a friend of mine to refresh my memory)

Rookie Year:

A Game against New Orleans where he scored the last 6 points in the last minute to win a game.

The Game winner against Toronto.

The Game winner against The Clippers.

The Game winner against Dallas in Overtime.

The Game Winner against New Orleans in the Playoffs.

2nd year:

The Game winner against Milwaukee in 2 OT.

The Game winner against Utah.

The Game winner against Boston.

He outdueled KOBE in overtime after SHAQ went to the bench after fouling out. He outscored KOBE 8-0.

The Game winner against the Knicks.

Against New jersey in 2 OT in the first round....he scored the go ahead basket in both OT's and scored the game winner in the 2nd OT.

His performance in the 2004-2005 playoffs was nothing less than insane.

This Year:

The Game winner against New Jersey.

The Game tying basket against NO/Okla City in regulation....the Heat won in OT by 7.

The Game winner against Washington in OT.

Then he hit the game winner in the very next game against Chicago.

The Game winner against Detroit.

That's 16 game winning shots in 2 1/2 years in the NBA....

How many does Bron Bron have again?

dob72
02-20-2006, 08:07 PM
How many does Bron Bron have again?
last minute ones none

Nappy Roots
02-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Actually, no, I am not. I'd be a homer if I said Wade was the best player in the league. How can you be a homer to say Wade's better than LeBron? If that's the case, Kenny The Jet, Charles Barkley, Stephen A., Chad Ford, and many others are "homers" for a team that they are not even fans for. :rolleyes2

I'm as far from being a homer as LeBron is from being a clutch performer (which is VERY far). Go read my posts in the Official Heat thread. I knock the Heat more than a Pistons fan would.

But I know one thing, I've seen LeBron & Wade play more than any member of this forum. I watch every Heat game, and when the Heat aren't playing or it's a boring game, I always check up on the Cavs to watch LeBron, because he's one of the most exciting players to watch. This kid is the complete opposite of clutch, however, and he's not even a decent defender yet.

I'm gonna ask you this...what important ability does LeBron James possess that Dwyane Wade doesn't? And don't say three-point shooting, because I said important. Wade hits the long-range jumper every night now, and he still drops in 27.4 points. Wade has 2 on LeBron, and that's good defense and performing great in the clutch. The defensive liability is fixable, but being clutch? I think that's more of a natural attribute that LeBron will either get better at with experience, or he'll always lack.

im not saying you are a homer for believing that, im saying a homer cause you made it sound like in your post, that Wade is everything, and lebron isnt even on his level, which is completely ludacris.

LeBron has the ability to hit the 3, causing the defender to focus on another part of your game, making you harder to defend. You put Wade on LeBrons team right, or the teams in the past, and have the offense go around wade, and the defense focus on wade, he would not be doing what lebron is doing. Whats Wade gonna do when he gets an open 3 and the they double team him to stop him from getting to the basket? hes going to miss the 3. He could not carry a team the way lebron does. could he carry a team a team to the next level? sure, im not downplaying Wades ability, kid is amazing. But not like LeBron can carry a team.
</IMG>

SuavePhin
02-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I dont suppose we can just all agree they are both great players and leave it at that and end the pissing match?? :tongue: probably not but im tryin damnit! :D

Fresh
02-20-2006, 08:38 PM
its alot easier to focus on one guy like lebron..........

name the top 3 clutch scorers i got
1.kobe
2.billups
3.bibby

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Chauncey Billups

djfresh47
02-20-2006, 08:42 PM
[quote=Blueprint]That's probably the funniest thing I've read in this entire thread.

Wade is far better than Melo. Are you kidding me? First off, Carmelo Anthony is still going thru the "inconsistent" stages. He hasn't even reached stardom yet. Wade is a sure-fire top 10 player in the league, and you'd be making a mistake to say he's not top 5.

As for Wade & LeBron, you're making even more comedy. Wade isn't far better than LeBron, and LeBron isn't far better than Wade. Stop looking at stats and watch the damn game.[/quot

Melo is a star, I don't believe he's a top 5 player but LeBron is, my top 5 would be in no particular order Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, LeBron, Nash.

Fresh
02-20-2006, 08:46 PM
you made it sound like in your post, that Wade is everything, and lebron isnt even on his level, which is completely ludacris.

No I didn't. You just took it that way. Did you even read my posts? I praised LeBron for everything he does except playing defense and coming up big in the clutch.

im not saying you are a homer for believing that, im saying a homer cause you made it sound like in your post, that Wade is everything, and lebron isnt even on his level, which is completely ludacris.

LeBron has the ability to hit the 3, causing the defender to focus on another part of your game, making you harder to defend. You put Wade on LeBrons team right, or the teams in the past, and have the offense go around wade, and the defense focus on wade, he would not be doing what lebron is doing. Whats Wade gonna do when he gets an open 3 and the they double team him to stop him from getting to the basket? hes going to miss the 3. He could not carry a team the way lebron does. could he carry a team a team to the next level? sure, im not downplaying Wades ability, kid is amazing. But not like LeBron can carry a team.

You made a lot of false statements there, especially about teams focusing on Wade, forcing him to take the three. How many games has Shaq missed in the past 2 years? It's gotta be atleast over 40. What does Wade average in those games? Like I said, around 31 points a night and 49% shooting. You do not need to shoot the three in order to carry a team, that's just ridiculous. That's like saying a big man MUST be a great shot blocker in order to carry a team. Michael Jordan was a pretty average 3-point shooter, if you would even say that much. You're making too much of a big deal about three point shooting. When teams throw 2 players at Wade, he still gets to the basket anyways! LeBron isn't as nice as he is in doing that, so he has to depend on the three. Still, Wade can drop back and take the long-range 2 with ease. He has developed into an excellent jump shooter. You don't need a 3-point shot to be a good shooter. Rip Hamilton is a fantastic shooter who isn't known for shooting three's.

As for LeBron carrying a team, are you kidding? Like I said, this kid is one of the league's biggest chokers in the clutch, and this if factual. What's gonna happen when he FINALLY carries that team to the playoffs this year, where it's a must for you to come up big in the clutch? They're gonna get their ***** handed to them. Dwyane Wade on the other hand, will not fail you when you need him the most. Sure, everybody misses a game deciding shot if you're gonna take so many (mind you, Wade hasn't missed one yet), but you don't have such a horrible clutch percentage like LeBron does and be able to "carry" a team. Wade has already proven that he can carry a half-decent Shaq-less Heat and play even better basketball when the other team is focusing on him, and him only.

Fresh
02-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Melo is a star, I don't believe he's a top 5 player but LeBron is, my top 5 would be in no particular order Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, LeBron, Nash.
Here we go again with the incomplete players like Steve Nash, who couldn't play defense to save Canada! And Tim Duncan? Please, the guy is clearly on the decline. If you're still putting Duncan in there, then you're gonna have to include Shaq as well. Neither of those players belong at the moment.

The top 5 players in the league are Kobe, Garnett, Iverson, Wade, & LeBron (see, I'm not a hater - it's just factual that the kid is one of the league's worse clutch performers).

As for Carmelo being a star, that's a pretty premature thing to say. Do you actually watch the Nuggets? Stars put their team on their backs and carry them. Carmelo doesn't have that responsibility. Don't allow stats to fool you. Finally, Melo's having an actual great season by the numbers, putting up 26/5, but seriously, the kid is not a "star" player yet. I wouldn't even put him top 3 from his own draft class. Wade, LeBron, and Chris Bosh are all better players right now. If you wonna debate Melo with anybody, it's gonna have to be Chris Bosh.

djfresh47
02-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Here we go again with the incomplete players like Steve Nash, who couldn't play defense to save Canada! And Tim Duncan? Please, the guy is clearly on the decline. If you're still putting Duncan in there, then you're gonna have to include Shaq as well. Neither of those players belong at the moment.

The top 5 players in the league are Kobe, Garnett, Iverson, Wade, & LeBron (see, I'm not a hater - it's just factual that the kid is one of the league's worse clutch performers).

As for Carmelo being a star, that's a pretty premature thing to say. Do you actually watch the Nuggets? Stars put their team on their backs and carry them. Carmelo doesn't have that responsibility. Don't allow stats to fool you. Finally, Melo's having an actual great season by the numbers, putting up 26/5, but seriously, the kid is not a "star" player yet. I wouldn't even put him top 3 from his own draft class. Wade, LeBron, and Chris Bosh are all better players right now. If you wonna debate Melo with anybody, it's gonna have to be Chris Bosh.

Tim Duncan and Steve Nash belong on that list. Nash is having a MVP season again. See you bring up complete players than you take out a guy who is consistently 1st team All-NBA and on the All-Defensive team.

Prime Time
02-20-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken. Like Pat Riley said...Wade is lacking on Defense right now and he needs to improve If he wants to be elite. I could agree with you on Wade being a Top 10 Player in the league...but not Top 5..not yet. Kobe, Nash, KG, Nowitzki and AI.

Duncan could be added, as could Jason Kidd..

Section126
02-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken. Like Pat Riley said...Wade is lacking on Defense right now and he needs to improve If he wants to be elite. I could agree with you on Wade being a Top 10 Player in the league...but not Top 5..not yet. Kobe, Nash, KG, Nowitzki and AI.

NO Prime Time...YOU are mistaken. BIGTIME. Wade is 5 times the defender that Lebron is. Wade has already been named to the 2nd team ALL NBA DEFENSIVE TEAM. Lebron hasn't defended one minute in his life.

You have latched on to one comment that Riley has made and taken it out of context. What Riley was referring too is that Wade should be able to be a shutdown guy while giving us his offense....IE...(What Jordan used to do).

Of those types of players that Riley is talking about...there has been 4 in the history of the NBA....Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, and Isiah Thomas.

Prime Time...that comment was rather ridiculous.

UCFinfan86
02-20-2006, 11:24 PM
lol Dirk or Kidd over Wade? your nutz. Also for the peerson who said wade would miss hte open 3. His 18 ft shot is as good as their is in the league. So in your scenario he would drive get double teamed and not do anything. So many times this year wade would drive and pull up and hit the 18ft shot. I would rather have him try and drive(because he is the BEST at driving) and if the lane ain't there then pull up and shoot.

Section126
02-20-2006, 11:31 PM
I would be very interested in seeing what players Prime Time would take right now over Wade.

I can only make a case for ONE...Lebron...because he is so young....

But I take Wade right now over everybody in the league...if you can give me 25 year old Kobe then I would take him also.

TerryTate
02-21-2006, 12:02 AM
I know, I'm a Heat fan...and biased...BUT....

LeBron James...PLAYS NO DEFENSE! He doesn't even know what it means. Dwyane Wade's defense more than makes up for the scoring disparity between the two players. Many of you in this thread don't even account for defense.

Defense is what made Michael Jordan the best player that ever lived, hands down. Not only could he score almost at will, but he was an outstanding defensive player. He would've been looked at as just another scorer IMO, a great player, but just another scorer. Remember that.

I know someone touched on this earlier, but if you substitute LeBron for D-Wade in their rookie years (no Shaq on the Heat FYI)...the Cavaliers would've made the playoffs, and the Heat would've been on the outside, looking in. Wade carried a team on his BACK into the post-season, as a 4th seed no less. Sure the Eastern Conference was weak, but the Heat did take Indiana to six games and were competitive for the most part in every one.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 12:35 AM
NO Prime Time...YOU are mistaken. BIGTIME. Wade is 5 times the defender that Lebron is. Wade has already been named to the 2nd team ALL NBA DEFENSIVE TEAM. Lebron hasn't defended one minute in his life.

You have latched on to one comment that Riley has made and taken it out of context. What Riley was referring too is that Wade should be able to be a shutdown guy while giving us his offense....IE...(What Jordan used to do).

Of those types of players that Riley is talking about...there has been 4 in the history of the NBA....Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, and Isiah Thomas.

Prime Time...that comment was rather ridiculous.

You are so homeristic with this Heat team...

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 12:39 AM
I would be very interested in seeing what players Prime Time would take right now over Wade.

But I take Wade right now over everybody in the league...if you can give me 25 year old Kobe then I would take him also.

If you are talking about taking someone for his entire career, Wade would definetaly be among the top of my list. If I could have someone for ONE season (this year) on my team I'd take Kobe, AI, KG, Nash, Nowitzki etc. over Wade...Wade will be an amazing player..and he is a good If not great right now..he just isn't elite yet. IMO...

Section126
02-21-2006, 12:41 AM
You are so homeristic with this Heat team...

HUH? What did I say that was inaccurate? Don't cover up your ridiculous statement.

BTW...read the Heat thread...I am far from a homer with them...a Homer doesn't say they will get kiled by the Pistons in 5 or 6.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 12:43 AM

LeBron James...PLAYS NO DEFENSE! He doesn't even know what it means. Dwyane Wade's defense more than makes up for the scoring disparity between the two players. Many of you in this thread don't even account for defense.

Defense is what made Michael Jordan the best player that ever lived, hands down. Not only could he score almost at will, but he was an outstanding defensive player. He would've been looked at as just another scorer IMO, a great player, but just another scorer. Remember that.

I know someone touched on this earlier, but if you substitute LeBron for D-Wade in their rookie years (no Shaq on the Heat FYI)...the Cavaliers would've made the playoffs, and the Heat would've been on the outside, looking in. Wade carried a team on his BACK into the post-season, as a 4th seed no less. Sure the Eastern Conference was weak, but the Heat did take Indiana to six games and were competitive for the most part in every one.

Oh please. Wade might not have had Shaq but he had Odom who had his best performance in a long time. The Heat would've made the playoffs with LeBron. LeBron, Caron, Odom, Rafer...they would have made it.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 12:49 AM
HUH? What did I say that was inaccurate? Don't cover up your ridiculous statement.

BTW...read the Heat thread...I am far from a homer with them...a Homer doesn't say they will get kiled by the Pistons in 5 or 6.:sidelol: :sidelol: My statement was rediculous...you are right...:rolleyes2

Fresh
02-21-2006, 12:52 AM
I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken.

All I'm gonna say is:

You don't watch much basketball. Come on now, you just said Jason Kidd may be better than Dwyane Wade. :sidelol:

I am officially done with this discussion. Some of the things said in this thread are just ridiculous and sad, no offense to anybody. It's clear that some of you guys don't watch much basketball or possess much basketball knowledge.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 12:57 AM

Thank you.

Ridiculous statements like the ones I've quoted (obviously not this one) = the cause of running me out of this thread. I can't debate when people say things like what has been said in this thread. Some of ya'll are worse than Knicks fans when it comes to basketball talk.

The main reason Cleveland signed Larry Hughes was because of LeBron James' horrible defense. :rolleyes2

Fresh
02-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Oh please. Wade might not have had Shaq but he had Odom who had his best performance in a long time. The Heat would've made the playoffs with LeBron. LeBron, Caron, Odom, Rafer...they would have made it.
Without Dwyane Wade, you now have a completely different game plan on that team. Where is the quickness to feed off of to get Rafer those open looks & free up the outsides for Caron?

1-Alston
2-James
3-Butler
4-Odom
5-Grant

No thanks. That line-up just doesn't feed off of each other like the original one did. The only players there who compliment each other well are LeBron & Odom. On the original team, everybody complimented each other, and everybody actually played defense (atleast Alston tried).

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:03 AM
All I'm gonna say is:

You don't watch much basketball. Come on now, you just said Jason Kidd may be better than Dwyane Wade. :sidelol:

I am officially done with this discussion. Some of the things said in this thread are just ridiculous and sad, no offense to anybody. It's clear that some of you guys don't watch much basketball or possess much basketball knowledge.

I didn't know Steven A. Smith was signed up to this Forum...

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:04 AM
I didn't know Steven A. Smith was signed up to this Forum...
I don't see your point..

But I wish he was. As ignorant as he is, at least he knows a thing or two about the game and he'd put up a good argument on whatever the debate is. Some of you guys say the most ridiculous things, like Dwyane Wade isn't a better defender than LeBron James. Come on now, LeBron would probably tell you otherwise. :sidelol:

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:06 AM
I don't see your point..

But I wish he was. As ignorant as he is, at least he knows a thing or two about the game and he'd put up a good argument on whatever the debate is. Some of you guys say the most ridiculous things, like Dwyane Wade isn't a better defender than LeBron James. Come on now, LeBron would probably tell you otherwise. :sidelol:

Well I never said that Wade wasn't better then LeBron at D..I just said that he isn't an amazing Defender yet. And I would like to take back the Kidd statement :D

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Well I never said that Wade wasn't better then LeBron at D..I just said that he isn't an amazing Defender yet. And I would like to take back the Kidd statement :D
You should take back the Duncan statement as well, and iono if you included Nash (apologize if you didn't), but if so, there's another one.

Seriously, you can debate Wade vs. any player in the league, and the same goes for guys like LeBron & Iverson (keyword = DEBATE). IMO, the only two who are clearly better right now is Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett.

Allen Iverson doesn't get enough love in these type of discussions. Year by year, he has been the NBA's most consistent player outside of Kobe & KG. I don't think this guy will start to decline until he's 35+. He's getting older, yet he's getting quicker and becoming an even better player (especially passing/ball handling skills)!

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:14 AM
You should take back the Duncan statement as well, and iono if you included Nash (apologize if you didn't), but if so, there's another one.

Seriously, you can debate Wade vs. any player in the league, and the same goes for guys like LeBron & Iverson (keyword = DEBATE). IMO, the only two who are clearly better right now is Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett.

AI is better then Wade. Steve Nash is playing MVP type Basketball. Wade isn't even being considered MVP as far as I am concerned...

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM
If you are talking about taking someone for his entire career, Wade would definetaly be among the top of my list. If I could have someone for ONE season (this year) on my team I'd take Kobe, AI, KG, Nash, Nowitzki etc. over Wade...Wade will be an amazing player..and he is a good If not great right now..he just isn't elite yet. IMO...

:yes:

djfresh47
02-21-2006, 01:24 AM

Allen Iverson doesn't get enough love in these type of discussions. Year by year, he has been the NBA's most consistent player outside of Kobe & KG. I don't think this guy will start to decline until he's 35+. He's getting older, yet he's getting quicker and becoming an even better player (especially passing/ball handling skills)!

I think Tim Duncan is clearly better than Kevin Garnett but he still gets no love. What has Kevin Garnett ever lead his team to? He's had good talent around him and has had a good coach, but so far he hasn't gotten to the championship game. I just think it's odd that people don't consider Tim Duncan as one of the top 5 players in the league.

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:26 AM
:sidelol: :sidelol: My statement was rediculous...you are right...:rolleyes2

Dude....your statement IS Ridiculous. Wade was 2nd team ALL NBA defense...you said a guy that hasn't played defense in his life is better than him defensively.

Your statement quite frankly was not only ridiculous....it was also stupid.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:27 AM
AI is better then Wade. Steve Nash is playing MVP type Basketball. Wade isn't even being considered MVP as far as I am concerned...
Come on now, using the MVP situation just isn't fair. That's another popularity contest. Also, AI & Wade are pretty much at the same level. You have to remember, AI is another one who has the game plan's entire focus. He's gonna score more points.

:yes:
Dirk is another one who shouldn't be up there. He's an offensive beast, but he's soft as hell and he's a liability against any big man who can throw it down.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Dude....your statement IS Ridiculous. Wade was 2nd team ALL NBA defense...you said a guy that hasn't played defense in his life is better than him defensively.

Your statement quite frankly was not only ridiculous....it was also stupid.

When did I say LeBron is better then him Defensively? I don't recall saying it.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Come on now, using the MVP situation just isn't fair. That's another popularity contest. Also, AI & Wade are pretty much at the same level. You have to remember, AI is another one who has the game plan's entire focus. He's gonna score more points.

Dirk is another one who shouldn't be up there. He's an offensive beast, but he's soft as hell and he's a liability against any big man who can throw it down.

Why isn't it fair? Last I heard on a Miami Heat segment, Wade had a top-something (5, 10 I don't know the exact #) selling jersey...

Dirk is a 7 foot beast with a jumper...! His defense isn't amazing, but it isn't terrible.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:30 AM
I think Tim Duncan is clearly better than Kevin Garnett but he still gets no love. What has Kevin Garnett ever lead his team to? He's had good talent around him and has had a good coach, but so far he hasn't gotten to the championship game. I just think it's odd that people don't consider Tim Duncan as one of the top 5 players in the league.
The Spurs have always had the PERFECT supporting cast to surround Tim Duncan. I've seen too many games where Duncan shoots 30%, scoring 15 points, and the Spurs beat a damn good team. That system is just unstoppable at times, and the perfect players are in it. When it comes to individual players, KG is far better.

Duncan can be a liability at times, especially the games where he goes 4/21 from the field, and lately, he has done that quite often! That's just ridiculous for a big man. When he's off, he keeps on shooting too..

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken. ..

Well I never said that Wade wasn't better then LeBron at D..

:rolleyes2

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:33 AM
When did I say LeBron is better then him Defensively? I don't recall saying it.

Here Ya go...it was only one page ago...

Fresh
Why isn't it fair? Last I heard on a Miami Heat segment, Wade had a top-something (5, 10 I don't know the exact #) selling jersey...

Dirk is a 7 foot beast with a jumper...! His defense isn't amazing, but it isn't terrible.
Wade is like #1 or #2 in jerseys, but that doesn't say much about the MVP running. The Heat are the 2nd best team in the East, a decline from last year where we ran off with the #1 seed in like February. Nobody on this team has a CHANCE at MVP honors, even if Wade were to average 35/8/7 or something like that.

Nash is carrying the Amare-less Suns.
Kobe is playing record-like individual basketball.
Brand is leading the league's biggest surprise to the playoffs.
etc.

Wade doesn't have a story behind him, and all MVP players need that "story" type season from their TEAMS..

Prime Time
:rolleyes2

Again, where did I say LeBron's Defense is better? I said Wade's Defense wasn't better, but I never said it was worse...

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Again, where did I say LeBron's Defense is better? I said Wade's Defense wasn't better, but I never said it was worse...
Still, if you think they're even defenders, then you aren't really paying attention to the game.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Wade is like #1 or #2 in jerseys, but that doesn't say much about the MVP running. The Heat are the 2nd best team in the East, a decline from last year where we ran off with the #1 seed in like February. Nobody on this team has a CHANCE at MVP honors, even if Wade were to average 35/8/7 or something like that.

Nash is carrying the Amare-less Suns.
Kobe is playing record-like individual basketball.
Brand is leading the league's biggest surprise to the playoffs.
etc.

Wade doesn't have a story behind him, and all MVP players need that "story" type season from their TEAMS..

I brought up the jersey numbers because you said the MVP comment isn't fair because of it being a popularity contest.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Still, if you think they're even defenders, then you aren't really paying attention to the game.

I disagree.

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:36 AM

I showed you the quotes.....even putting them in the same breath as defenders....IS RIDICULOUS.

djfresh47
02-21-2006, 01:36 AM
The Spurs have always had the PERFECT supporting cast to surround Tim Duncan. I've seen too many games where Duncan shoots 30%, scoring 15 points, and the Spurs beat a damn good team. That system is just unstoppable at times, and the perfect players are in it. When it comes to individual players, KG is far better.

Duncan can be a liability at times, especially the games where he goes 4/21 from the field, and lately, he has done that quite often! That's just ridiculous for a big man. When he's off, he keeps on shooting too..

He's still at his worst 2nd team all defensive team, and I believe has been 1st team all NBA throughout his entire career. I don't think they've had the perfect supporting cast, just guys seem to come up big like Horry in game 5, and like Steve Kerr/Jackson in their 2nd title run. He has bad games but so does every other player in the league offensively, but if we're judging his entire game he's top 5. Really what Duncan has done throughout his career has made him easily one of the greatest players ever and he's 29. Having a guy match what Jordan did in leading his team to a championship is very difficult, but if any guy in the league has a chance it's Duncan.

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:38 AM
I disagree.

Sorry....you can't disagree. This is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of Fact. Wade was named to the ALL NBA 2nd team for Defense last year...he will be at least in on the 2nd team again this year. Lebron hasn't defended a minute in his life.

it is insulting to Wade and embarrassing for you to continue with this farce.

TerryTate
02-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Defense is a team concept. The team's lack of defense rubs off on each other. It's hard to keep up your defensive intensity when you have the defensively challenged Antoine Walker and Jason Williams, the disappointing defense of James Posey, and the constant mismatches of Udonis Haslem having to guard more athletic 4s.

The only consistent defenders on the team right now are Payton (still decent), Wade, and Zo.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Sorry....you can't disagree. This is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of Fact. Wade was named to the ALL NBA 2nd team for Defense last year...he will be at least in on the 2nd team again this year. Lebron hasn't defended a minute in his life.

it is insulting to Wade and embarrassing for you to continue with this farce.

Of course I can disagree..

Section126
02-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Of course I can disagree..

Then I say that the Sky is green.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 02:31 AM
Then I say that the Sky is green.

Fantastic

Section126
02-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Fantastic

And Water isn't wet.

King Felix
02-21-2006, 02:57 AM
section does ur opinion always have to be right?

Alex44
02-21-2006, 03:03 AM
I agree putting Wade and Lebron in the same sentence defensivly is stupid

Section126
02-21-2006, 03:11 AM
section does ur opinion always have to be right?

Only when it is. Which it is in this case. BTW...this is not an opinion. Like I said earlier, it is well established fact.

I don't have an opinion in this matter. I am basically saying that the sky is blue and Prime Time is saying that in his "opinion" the sky is green and that water isn't wet.

HugeFinFan
02-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Defense is a team concept. The team's lack of defense rubs off on each other. It's hard to keep up your defensive intensity when you have the defensively challenged Antoine Walker and Jason Williams, the disappointing defense of James Posey, and the constant mismatches of Udonis Haslem having to guard more athletic 4s.

The only consistent defenders on the team right now are Payton (still decent), Wade, and Zo.
Now that Shandon Anderson is healthy I would add him to that list :wink:

nick1
02-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Wade is better than James

BTW I found out that Wade hit 6 game winning shots so far this season, don't know about the rest but I already named 2 from his rookie season

Ferretsquig
02-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Only when it is. Which it is in this case. BTW...this is not an opinion. Like I said earlier, it is well established fact.

I don't have an opinion in this matter. I am basically saying that the sky is blue and Prime Time is saying that in his "opinion" the sky is green and that water isn't wet.

Think you need to relax on those analogies. Individual defense is a very subjective thing. Added to that the fact that they play different positions, its not as clear cut as you portray it to be.

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Think you need to relax on those analogies. Individual defense is a very subjective thing. Added to that the fact that they play different positions, its not as clear cut as you portray it to be.

Yes it is. Lebron doesn't play "bad" defense...he plays "NO" defense. Comparing that to a guy that was All NBA 2nd team for Defense is insulting to the player and downright dumb.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 04:45 PM

Thank you...

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Yes it is. Lebron doesn't play "bad" defense...he plays "NO" defense. Comparing that to a guy that was All NBA 2nd team for Defense is insulting to the player and downright dumb.

And IMO this statement is dumb...

It's my opinion. Can't change it. Sorry. Maybe If you try again in a few days, maybe I'll change my opinion.

Section126
02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
And IMO this statement is dumb...

It's my opinion. Can't change it. Sorry. Maybe If you try again in a few days, maybe I'll change my opinion.

You still don't get it.

It is my opinion that Lebron James is the worst player in the history of basketball. Do you get it now?

UCFinfan86
02-21-2006, 05:23 PM
section im with u, but its hard to take u seriously with ur avator. lol i keep picturin u lookin like that

Buddwalk
02-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Wade is better than James

BTW I found out that Wade hit 6 game winning shots so far this season, don't know about the rest but I already named 2 from his rookie season

game winning shots dont make him better

Wade is a phenominal player but james in another year is seriously going to be compared to the greats...

TerryTate
02-21-2006, 06:05 PM

Wade is a phenominal player but james in another year is seriously going to be compared to the greats...

I can't believe you wrote that....having a player than can finish a game is a HUGE attribute.

Buddwalk
02-21-2006, 06:23 PM
I can't believe you wrote that....having a player than can finish a game is a HUGE attribute.

Im just saying when you say whos better dont put that in mind...Andrew Bogut has 3-4 game winners in only his rookie season but no ones even labeling him as rookie of the year

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 08:34 PM
You still don't get it.

It is my opinion that Lebron James is the worst player in the history of basketball. Do you get it now?

Then that is your opinion...:cooldude:

Just because I don't agree with you, you want to :boohoo:

Section126
02-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Then that is your opinion...:cooldude:

Just because I don't agree with you, you want to :boohoo:

So you would ACCEPT that as an opinion?

If anybody said that Lebron was the worst player in the history of the NBA and meant it...he should be laughed off the board.

Michael Jordan was a choker, and Larry Bird couldn't shoot.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 09:02 PM
So you would ACCEPT that as an opinion?

If anybody said that Lebron was the worst player in the history of the NBA and meant it...he should be laughed off the board.

Michael Jordan was a choker, and Larry Bird couldn't shoot.

Of course I would. I could argue it over and over and it could be WAY off, but that is still there opinion, and they are allowed to have that opinion. Now I see your problem...you can't accept things. It's okay, maybe one day you will.

GreenMonster
02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I like the fact that Section has Lebron ranked as his 2nd best player behind Kobe, but says Wade is a better player.. Either change you list and put Wade 2nd or stop telling me he is better than Lebron..

dob72
02-21-2006, 10:41 PM

no he's not he hasn't even been in the playoffs

Section126
02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Of course I would. I could argue it over and over and it could be WAY off, but that is still there opinion, and they are allowed to have that opinion. Now I see your problem...you can't accept things. It's okay, maybe one day you will.

I can accept an opinion. I cannot accept a statement made with zero basis in fact and that is 100% false. Like I said...Magic Johnson couldn't pass. Dan Marino had no arm. Bo Jackson was slow.

Section126
02-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I like the fact that Section has Lebron ranked as his 2nd best player behind Kobe, but says Wade is a better player.. Either change you list and put Wade 2nd or stop telling me he is better than Lebron..

The List is about who are the 50 best players in the NBA. Wade is not a better player than Lebron....NOW. I said Wade is a better team player and makes his teammates better.

This list is about who are the best individual players. So NO...I am not changing any list and I suggest that you read more carefully next time.

BTW...find where I say that I think Wade is better than Bron. I even said that I would make a case for Bron over Wade.

But I will say this......If you look at Wade's 2 1/2 year resume...you would have a hard time finding another player's that is better. The kid is a winner.

GreenMonster
02-21-2006, 11:40 PM

Find where you said you would take Wade over Lebron... Shoot you are such a Wade homer you said you would take him over everyone in the league...Ha

Section126
02-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Find where you said you would take Wade over Lebron... Shoot you are such a Wade homer you said you would take him over everyone in the league...Ha

Can you read? I said I can make a case for ONE...Lebron. Read it. it is right there.

And I would take him over everyone in the league......maybe Lebron is the only guy I would take over him right now.

That is reality. I would say that 30 out of 30 GM's would take Lebron or Wade right now over everybody else.

You are talking about guys that will get better and have their whole careers ahead of them.....Iverson and Kobe have plenty of mileage and have already passed the halfway point in their careers.

Go ahead. Agree with me.

GreenMonster
02-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Heat 33-20, 9-9 playing without Shaq..

Cavs 33-21, 13-11 without Hughes

The Heat have a much better team also, and seem to dominate with Shaq. Put Shaq on the Cavs and Big Z on the Heat and who carries who to more wins.. Pretty sure Lebron and Shaq would be up more than 2 games...

Lebron will be better, and already is now...

Section126
02-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Heat 33-20, 9-9 playing without Shaq..

Cavs 33-21, 13-11 without Hughes

The Heat have a much better team also, and seem to dominate with Shaq. Put Shaq on the Cavs and Big Z on the Heat and who carries who to more wins.. Pretty sure Lebron and Shaq would be up more than 2 games...

Lebron will be better, and already is now...

You just compared Larry Hughes to Shaquille Oneal. Nuff said.

Don't even start with who is a bigger winner. Wade went to a game 6 in the second round with a chance to force game 7 WITHOUT SHAQ.

Wade was on a Heat team that SWEPT Washington in the second round of the playoffs WITHOUT SHAQ.

You brought a cap gun to a nuclear showdown.

GreenMonster
02-22-2006, 01:21 AM
You just compared Larry Hughes to Shaquille Oneal. Nuff said.

Don't even start with who is a bigger winner. Wade went to a game 6 in the second round with a chance to force game 7 WITHOUT SHAQ.

Wade was on a Heat team that SWEPT Washington in the second round of the playoffs WITHOUT SHAQ.

You brought a cap gun to a nuclear showdown.

But you would still take Lebron.. JUST SAY IT, YOU THINK WADE IS THE BEST... I will take Lebron.. Throw out whatever you want...

The thread is titled Lebron OR Wade....

I pick Lebron

You pick Wade... Your top 50 NBA Players must include potential, so how is Kobe #1.. You would take Wade now but Lebron when, tommorow, next year, when he makes it to the playoffs, let me know what your flip-flop point is?????

Section126
02-22-2006, 01:31 AM
But you would still take Lebron.. JUST SAY IT, YOU THINK WADE IS THE BEST... I will take Lebron.. Throw out whatever you want...

The thread is titled Lebron OR Wade....

I pick Lebron

You pick Wade... Your top 50 NBA Players must include potential, so how is Kobe #1.. You would take Wade now but Lebron when, tommorow, next year, when he makes it to the playoffs, let me know what tour flip-flop point is?????

I already said what I think.

I would take Lebron now because he is 20, he has more room to grow. But if you told me that Wade and Lebron will play the same amount of years...I take Wade and If I had to win a game...I take Wade....Wade has cojones the size of beach balls.

The List was of the best 50 NBA players.....it wasn't a draft.

I made the list and put Lebron ahead of Wade so obviously i think he is better.

Lebron better start playing defense soon though.

King Felix
02-22-2006, 01:20 PM
lebron said he was goin to start playin defense............i think i heard them talking about it on nba coast 2 coast...........i think i know i heard it somewheree

Section126
02-22-2006, 02:29 PM
lebron said he was goin to start playin defense............i think i heard them talking about it on nba coast 2 coast...........i think i know i heard it somewheree

That would be a change. Really guys...watch the guy on defense. he stands around. No Joke...he just waits for the ball to go throught he hoop and then gets the inbound pass.

nick1
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Wade is just as good as James except Wade is more clutch. I take Wade.

what is all of this about James not having a team? he has a good C and PF, plus Hughes was good when he played. they have a team, lets see who wins in the playoffs. I would put money on the Heat and Wade

GreenMonster
02-22-2006, 03:38 PM

That would be a change. Really guys...watch the guy on defense. he stands around. No Joke...he just waits for the ball to go throught he hoop and then gets the inbound pass.

He avg's more blocks and .34 less steals than Wade.. Since he ranks 13th in steals, teams do a good job turning the ball over to him.. I don't know where you get the guy plays no defense.. Is he all-world yet NO, he is 20 and getting better every year..

Wade assists 6.8 to 3.91 TO's
Lebron assists 6.6 to 3.17 TO's

No you will tell me Wade is a better passer also.. Wade even plays the Point while Lebron is more of a wing...

Section126
02-22-2006, 03:59 PM
He avg's more blocks and .34 less steals than Wade.. Since he ranks 13th in steals, teams do a good job turning the ball over to him.. I don't know where you get the guy plays no defense.. Is he all-world yet NO, he is 20 and getting better every year..

Wade assists 6.8 to 3.91 TO's
Lebron assists 6.6 to 3.17 TO's

No you will tell me Wade is a better passer also.. Wade even plays the Point while Lebron is more of a wing...

You have to know what you are talking about to intelligently discuss this.

Wade was 2nd team all NBA defense.

Lebron was not.

Wade plays defense. Lebron does not.

Wade does not play the point and hasn't played the point since the 18th game of last season....you do know that we are talking about the guy that wears 3 for the Heat right?

Guy thinks Wade is a point guard and he wants to debate this.....just too funny.

GreenMonster
02-22-2006, 04:12 PM
You have to know what you are talking about to intelligently discuss this.

Wade was 2nd team all NBA defense.

Lebron was not.

Wade plays defense. Lebron does not.

Wade does not play the point and hasn't played the point since the 18th game of last season....you do know that we are talking about the guy that wears 3 for the Heat right?

Guy thinks Wade is a point guard and he wants to debate this.....just too funny.

You have no clue what you are talking about if you think Lebron plays no defense.. Just because Wade made a 2nd Team Defensive Team and Lebron hasn't yet doesn't mean Lebron just stands there on defense. Stop telling people that Lebron is nothing on defense, he is much better than you give him credit for which is nothing..

What makes you think Lebron is better than Wade overall if, Lebron plays 0 defense.. It's half the game... Lebron is 20 years old he will get better at D, he already plays the passing lanes well, is a decent on the ball defender, and will get lost much less when he is old enough to atleast drink a beer..

tucker
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
at the moment wade is better but down the road, James will end up being the better player

Section126
02-22-2006, 04:57 PM
You have no clue what you are talking about if you think Lebron plays no defense.. Just because Wade made a 2nd Team Defensive Team and Lebron hasn't yet doesn't mean Lebron just stands there on defense. Stop telling people that Lebron is nothing on defense, he is much better than you give him credit for which is nothing..

What makes you think Lebron is better than Wade overall if, Lebron plays 0 defense.. It's half the game... Lebron is 20 years old he will get better at D, he already plays the passing lanes well, is a decent on the ball defender, and will get lost much less when he is old enough to atleast drink a beer..

Lebron plays NO defense. NONE...as in ...well...NONE. Period. You don't need a clue...you just need eyes.

Let me ask you a question.

The score is tied and there is 5 minutes left in the game. WHO do you want on your team? Lebron or Wade?

Section126
02-22-2006, 04:58 PM
at the moment wade is better but down the road, James will end up being the better player

That's probably true.

R_t_Kraken
02-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Wade is better. Everybody knows it. The one thing that seperates the really goods from the greats is stars that come through in crunch time. Lebron has never done it. Wade has done it several times. If not for that, they'd be pretty dead even. Of course, the over zealous hype machine is still firmly on Lebron's shoulders. But that means nothing.

Wade could have just as easily gotten the all-star MVP. 20 pts 9/11 (and the game winner) Lebron 29 pts 12/21 (jacking up 3s all day) real impressive. Besides the allstar game means jack. Its just for fun, and Lebron was jacking up shots like he had something to prove. This argument is a pretty shaky one.

That's probably true.

Why is that probably true? I see nothing that shows Lebron out doing Wade in the future. In fact, the argument could be made the other way around. You think Wade has done it all, he does something even more spectacular. He continues to step up in clutch moments. He continues to amaze. He's lived up to and shattered expectations coming into the league. I can't begin to understand why people still want to believe Lebron is or will be better. It baffles me. I think the Media has some of you people brainwashed.

He avg's more blocks and .34 less steals than Wade..

.8 more blocks! haha. WOW!!!! Wade is a 6'4 guard. Lebron is a 6'8 forward.

Seriously though, you can bring all the stats you want, and they're still pretty much dead even. Thing thing that seperates the two is clutch performance, Lebron can't compare, and you CAN'T argue that. :wave:

djfresh47
02-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Wade is just as good as James except Wade is more clutch. I take Wade.

what is all of this about James not having a team? he has a good C and PF, plus Hughes was good when he played. they have a team, lets see who wins in the playoffs. I would put money on the Heat and Wade

Zydrunas isn't bad, but he's not Shaq either. Larry Hughes is their 2nd best player and has missed substantial time. Drew Gooden isn't bad, but he's not good either. Of course the Heat will go farther in the playoffs, they've got a much better team.