PDA

View Full Version : Section 126's Top 50 current NBA Players.

Section126
02-21-2006, 12:00 AM
1. Kobe Bryant (2)
2. Dwyane Wade (3)
3. Lebron James (2)
4. Dirk Nowitzki (5)
5. Steve Nash (7)
6. Kevin Garnett (8)
7. Shaquille Oneal (11)
8. Elton Brand (6)
9. Paul Pierce (11)
10. Tracy McGrady (7)
11. Allen Iverson (7)
12. Gilbert Arenas (15)
13. Tim Duncan (12)
14. Carmelo Anthony (17)
15. Yao Ming (26)
16. Shawn Marion (21)
17. Michael Redd (14)
18. Chris Bosh (27)
19. Amare Stoudmire (13)
20. Vince Carter (15)
21. Ray Allen (20)
22. Paul Gasol (27)
23. Ron Artest (18)
24. Jermaine Oneal (25)
25. Manu Ginobli (24)
26. Chauncey Billups (20)
27. Dwight Howard (18)
28. Tony Parker (23)
29. Joe Johnson (46)
30. Zach Randolph (35)
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Mike Bibby (29)
33. Chris Paul (40)
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Jason Kidd (30)
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Baron Davis (42)
39. Carlos Boozer (45)
40. Lamar Odom (NR)
41. Ben Gordon (44)
42. Ben Wallace (38)
43. Jason Richardson (46)
44. Mike Miller (50)
45. Deron Williams (NR)
46. Kevin Martin (NR)
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Gerald Wallace (NR)
50. Caron Butler (NR)

Honorable Mentions: Kirk Hinrich, Mo Williams, Richard Jefferson (45), Boris Diaw, Tayshaun Prince (47), Brandon Roy, Rasheed Wallace (32), Jason Williams, Al Jefferson, Andre Miller, Corey Magette, Nenad Krystic, Andei Kirilenko, Chris Webber (33), Larry Hughes, Jason Kapono, Sam Cassell, Andre Iguodala, Peja Stoyakovich, Andres Nocioni (50).

Second Tier: Channing Frye, JR Smith, Eddie Curry, Udonis Haslem, Leandro Barbosa, Luke Ridnour, Monta Ellis, Luol Deng, Wally Szczerviak, Eddie Jones (50), Al Jefferson, Bonzi Wells, Alonzo Mourning.

TerryTate
02-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Wow, you really must love Elton Brand...great player...but ahead of Dirk, KG, Duncan, and Shaq?

You're also giving 'Melo too much love IMO. Other than that, a list that I can agree on for the most part.

Section126
02-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Wow, you really must love Elton Brand...great player...but ahead of Dirk, KG, Duncan, and Shaq?

You're also giving 'Melo too much love IMO. Other than that, a list that I can agree on for the most part.

I watch the clippers alot...Elton brand is sick....really sick...his game reminds me of the BEST of Tim Duncan...

Melo has become a reliable scorer...maybe I did bump him a little..but I do love his game.

FaninPatsyLand
02-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Good list...

I love how you have Brand that high. He's an absolute beast.

I like Rip Hamilton alot, him and Parker seem alittle low, but I guess it's just a matter of preference. Those two are proven winners, but like I said, this thing is pretty subjective.

You have Chris Paul listed twice in the 40's, but outside of that, pretty solid list.

Section126
02-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Good list...

I love how you have Brand that high. He's an absolute beast.

You have Chris Paul listed twice in the 40's, but outside of that, pretty solid list.

I fixed it....I had Chris Paul twice...it was a mistake....That was supposed to be Josh Howard....I had a very hard time with two players...Marcus Camby and Ben Gordon...I feel as if they belong, but I can't put them in.

Nappy Roots
02-21-2006, 12:21 AM
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Allen Iverson
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Tracy McGrady
6. Elton Brand
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Kevin Garnett
9. Shaquille Oneal
10. Steve Nash
11. Tim Duncan
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Amare Stoudmire
14. Vince Carter
15. Ron Artest
16. Chauncey Billups
17. Paul Pierce
18. Gilbert Arenas
19. Michael Redd
20. Ray Allen
21. Shawn Marion
22. Chris Bosh
23. Jason Kidd
24. Manu Ginobli
25. Jermaine Oneal
26. Yao Ming
27. Paul Gasol
28. Dwight Howard
29. Mike Bibby
30. Tony Parker
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Webber
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Tony Parker
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Ben Wallace
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Chris Paul
41. Zach Randolph
42. Baron Davis
43. Joe Johnson
44. Corey Maggette
45. Richard Jefferson
46. Jason Richardson
47. Josh Howard
48. Stephon Marbury
49. Steve Francis
50. Eddie Jones

Honorable Mentions: Marcus Camby, Ben Gordon, Mike Miller, and Larry Hughes.

good list. IMO you have melo to high, and put billups in his spot, and you got my vote.

Prime
02-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Pretty good list you have there.

T-Mac at 5 and Yao at 26 sounds good to me.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Hold on....

Shaq over Nash or Duncan? Insane.

Eddie Jones #50...I love the guy, and I wish him the best but :nono:

FaninPatsyLand
02-21-2006, 12:33 AM
I fixed it....I had Chris Paul twice...it was a mistake....That was supposed to be Josh Howard....I had a very hard time with two players...Marcus Camby and Ben Gordon...I feel as if they belong, but I can't put them in.

No problem man... I figured it was just a typo, but I figured I'd give you a heads up.

As far as the list goes, it's sad my Celtics only have 1 of the top 50 players in the league. Danny boy better get Pierce some help or trade him, he's going to be on the downside of his career by the time our youngsters grow up.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 12:33 AM
And too much love for Wade...

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:03 AM

How the hell is that insane?

And too much love for Wade...
That proves why you think the above quote is "insane" :shakeno:

Pretty much every NBA analyst has Wade in the top 5 right now.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:09 AM
How the hell is that insane?

That proves why you think the above quote is "insane" :shakeno:

Pretty much every NBA analyst has Wade in the top 5 right now.

Show me where every NBA analyst has him in there Top 5...

And Nash over Shaq...yes

Duncan over Shaq is debatable...

djfresh47
02-21-2006, 01:10 AM
As good as the players in your top 5 are, and maybe i'm judging this the wrong way but since Jordan retired a team with a very good PF or Center has won the championship every year. Shaq is good and everybody seems to love him but I would take Duncan over him. T-Mac is good but I think you've gotta factor injuries in and he seems to miss time, if injuries weren't factored in I think Amare is easily a top 5 player.

I'd take Ray Allen over Michael Redd also.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:17 AM
Show me where every NBA analyst has him in there Top 5...

And Nash over Shaq...yes

Duncan over Shaq is debatable...
Nash over Shaq is debatable to say the least, when both are healthy. Like I said, Nash isn't even a complete player. He's one of the game's worse defenders, lol. Shaq is one of the laziest defensively at times, but still, at least he's a force on the defense end 100x more than Nash is. You should sit down and watch how NBA players D up. I credit Nash for trying, but it's just horrible watching this guy play D.

And I wouldn't know where to show you. Wait for the end of the year and check ESPN's top player lists. They always put 'em up at year's end, or the beginning of the next season. However, TNT, ESPN, whatever...whenever I hear analysts discussing Wade, I always hear, "..and he's a top 5 player" - in some way, shape, or form.

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Hold on....

Eddie Jones #50...I love the guy, and I wish him the best but :nono:

Yes...Shaq over both of those guys...whenever Shaq wants too he dominates...ask the Pistons...it is so obvious that he takes the first 40 games off that it isn't even funny. If he took 25 shots per game...he would be among the scoring leaders with a near 60% FG percentage. The only reason he is SO LOW is that he does take the first half of the season off.

And Eddie Jones DOES squeek into the #50 spot....But any of the Honorable Mention can have spots in the last 45-50....

The 45-50 are pretty much interchangeable.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:21 AM
FYI - I didn't really look passed the top 20, because I find it amazing that you put together such a huge list to begin with. Props on that.

However, the biggest flaw with that list = Ray Allen at #20, behind guys like Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, etc. I'd take Ray Allen over many, many "stars" in this league. The guy is a true star. Apart from that, you just can't put Carmelo ahead of Amare. Amare is way too low. I think Wade is better than LBJ, but I don't have a PROBLEM with seeing him ahead, as it's debatable. With that said, I'd put KG at #4 and drop Wade back to 5.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:21 AM
That is true about the Defense, but Nash can dish the ball out very well and scores at will..O'Neal has his off nights, although he has been on fire past few games.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Yes...Shaq over both of those guys...whenever Shaq wants too he dominates...ask the Pistons...it sis so obvious that he takes the first 40 games off that it isn't even funny. If he took 25 shots per game...he would be among the scoring leaders with a near 60% FG percentage. The only reason he is SO LOW is that he does take the first half of the season off.

And Eddie Jones DOES squeek into the #50 spot....But any of the Honorable Mention can have spots in the last 45-50....

The 45-50 are pretty much interchangeable.
You're probably gonna have to put a guy like Marcus Camby ahead of Eddie Jones, and probably Larry Hughes as well. However, I'd never have a problem with a guy like Eddie Jones being a bit higher than he may be on the "right" list, because he's an EXTREMELY hard worker and a hell of a leader. He brings it offensively, and he's one of the league's better defenders as well. Eddie Jones can do a lot of things at a high level.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:24 AM
That is true about the Defense, but Nash can dish the ball out very well and scores at will..O'Neal has his off nights, although he has been on fire past few games.
O'Neal has his off nights, but think about it. When both of these players are playing their best game, who is better? When Shaq is at his best, he's unstoppable on both ends of the floor. The only thing that can stop Shaq at his best would be the refs and/or a flawed game plan (or simply Antoine Walker getting the ball and never giving it back!). However, Nash at his best is still a piss poor defender who will turn the ball over more than you'd like. And, remember, it's much easier to find a guard than a big man in this game.

Prime Time
02-21-2006, 01:32 AM
O'Neal has his off nights, but think about it. When both of these players are playing their best game, who is better? When Shaq is at his best, he's unstoppable on both ends of the floor. The only thing that can stop Shaq at his best would be the refs and/or a flawed game plan (or simply Antoine Walker getting the ball and never giving it back!). However, Nash at his best is still a piss poor defender who will turn the ball over more than you'd like. And, remember, it's much easier to find a guard than a big man in this game.

I can agree with you on that, but I see Nash going out busting his balls on BOTH sides of the floor. Shaq is lazy at times and although he could dominate..he doesn't always play at his best.

Fresh
02-21-2006, 01:35 AM
I can agree with you on that, but I see Nash going out busting his balls on BOTH sides of the floor. Shaq is lazy at times and although he could dominate..he doesn't always play at his best.
In terms of effort, you're definitely on the money.

I mean, if you wonna look at it from that perspective, I cuss Shaq every night.

GreenMonster
02-21-2006, 01:49 AM
I'd take Ray Allen over Michael Redd also.

Ray Allen is my favorite player, Bucks are my favorite team.. Ray used to be better than Redd, but Ray is getting worse, Redd is getting better..

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:50 AM
However, the biggest flaw with that list = Ray Allen at #20, behind guys like Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, etc. I'd take Ray Allen over many, many "stars" in this league. The guy is a true star. Apart from that, you just can't put Carmelo ahead of Amare. Amare is way too low. .

I put carmelo over Amare because of Amare's Injury...He is gonna lose lift for a year...there is no guarantee that he gets his lift back...and playing above the rim is a big part of his game. I don't think Amare can adjust his game to a more skilled and craftsman like game from an athletic physical freak game.

had he not been injured...I guarantee you he cracks my top ten.

As for Ray Allen....I like him...but he has always been a weak team player....he plays best off his 2 up 3 down sets running around screens.....I never see him create space without help. he is the best pure shooter out there though. I downgrade him because Seattle has enough talent to be a top 5 Western Conference team....and they suck. He must accept some of that responsibility.

djfresh47
02-21-2006, 02:00 AM
I put carmelo over Amare because of Amare's Injury...He is gonna lose lift for a year...there is no guarantee that he gets his lift back...and playing above the rim is a big part of his game. I don't think Amare can adjust his game to a more skilled and craftsman like game from an athletic physical freak game.

had he not been injured...I guarantee you he cracks my top ten.

As for Ray Allen....I like him...but he has always been a weak team player....he plays best off his 2 up 3 down sets running around screens.....I never see him create space without help. he is the best pure shooter out there though. I downgrade him because Seattle has enough talent to be a top 5 Western Conference team....and they suck. He must accept some of that responsibility.

I think Houston has enough talent to be a top 5 team in the West, but not the Sonics.

Section126
02-21-2006, 02:15 AM
I think Houston has enough talent to be a top 5 team in the West, but not the Sonics.

Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Luke Ridnour with role players should be enough to be a #5 seed.

Quelonio
02-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Luke Ridnour with role players should be enough to be a #5 seed.

Not with the damn interior play that they have (Nick Collison? and that other white center they have???? Also playing Radmanovic at PF???)... Also Lewis breaks down too often, and he never comes up when you want him too, he is a little like al these players that blow up when it is meaningless and then kinda bow down when the games are on the line... They are horribly coached too...

I am a huge Sonics fan, and I would be crazy to say that Ray Allen deserves to be in the top ten or anything... But he does deserve to be above Michael Redd (though both of those guys are awesome shooters)

dominizzo
02-21-2006, 05:55 AM
10 other NBA players are better than BRand

ChrisKo
02-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Tony Parker is sooooo good, he gets number 30 and 35 :)

Section126
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Tony Parker is sooooo good, he gets number 30 and 35 :)

You need to refresh your browser...that was fixed last night....I put Marcus Camby in.

I was cutting and pasting to put in my rankings and I guess I failed to cut and paste Parker and Paul....

hit refresh.

djfresh47
02-21-2006, 02:13 PM

I just don't see it, Ridnour has been a bit dissapointing, IMO. Maybe if Swift can develop for them they can get some inside game. Losing McMillan was a huge loss for that team I really think he coached them up last year.

Section126
02-21-2006, 02:20 PM
I just don't see it, Ridnour has been a bit dissapointing, IMO. Maybe if Swift can develop for them they can get some inside game. Losing McMillan was a huge loss for that team I really think he coached them up last year.

Maybe McMillan is the difference.

King Felix
02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Allen Iverson
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Tracy McGrady
6. Elton Brand
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Kevin Garnett
9. Shaquille Oneal
10. Steve Nash
11. Tim Duncan
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Amare Stoudmire
14. Vince Carter
15. Ron Artest
16. Chauncey Billups
17. Paul Pierce
18. Gilbert Arenas
19. Michael Redd
20. Ray Allen
21. Shawn Marion
22. Chris Bosh
23. Jason Kidd
24. Manu Ginobli
25. Jermaine Oneal
26. Yao Ming
27. Paul Gasol
28. Dwight Howard
29. Mike Bibby
30. Tony Parker
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Webber
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Zach Randolph
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Ben Wallace
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Chris Paul
41. Stephon Marbury
42. Baron Davis
43. Joe Johnson
44. Corey Maggette
45. Richard Jefferson
46. Jason Richardson
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Steve Francis
50. Eddie Jones

Honorable Mentions: Ben Gordon, Mike Miller, and Larry Hughes.

grreat post IMO

where do u rank darius miles?

Section126
02-21-2006, 08:50 PM
grreat post IMO

where do u rank darius miles?

OH Gawd...I love his game...but he disappears ALOT. If he brought it every night..he would be in there for sure...

I will say this...in a couple of years...with better players around him...Zach Randolph is moving on up.

King Felix
02-21-2006, 08:53 PM
yea he doesnt try.......but this summer he really developed a j. but he got hurt.

MelbournePhin
02-21-2006, 09:03 PM
take francis out. hes garbage. cant wait until my magic trade him

Section126
02-21-2006, 11:23 PM

:sidelol:

Hey...what do you think of Dwight Howard's ranking?

HysterikiLL
02-22-2006, 02:52 AM

They weren't in order, right?

MelbournePhin
02-22-2006, 09:37 AM
:sidelol:

Hey...what do you think of Dwight Howard's ranking?

very fair

Section126
02-22-2006, 11:57 AM
They weren't in order, right?

They are in order....

The simple fact is that Elton Brand is better than KG, Duncan, right now...he might not be as good as dirk and that could be my flaw with the list.

If KG gets traded...he might get rejuvenated and become the dominant force he used to be....he looks bored out there now. Duncan has become horribly inconsistent and injury plagued.

King Felix
02-22-2006, 01:04 PM
its basically opinion no1 will agree

Kobe
02-23-2006, 01:21 AM
its basically opinion no1 will agree

I agree Kobe is number 1 :D

Great list man. I dont have the patience to write one like this, but Dirk is way up there IMO.

MikeO
02-23-2006, 02:00 AM
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Allen Iverson
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Tracy McGrady
6. Elton Brand
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Kevin Garnett
9. Shaquille Oneal
10. Steve Nash
11. Tim Duncan
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Amare Stoudmire
14. Vince Carter
15. Ron Artest
16. Chauncey Billups
17. Paul Pierce
18. Gilbert Arenas
19. Michael Redd
20. Ray Allen
21. Shawn Marion
22. Chris Bosh
23. Jason Kidd
24. Manu Ginobli
25. Jermaine Oneal
26. Yao Ming
27. Paul Gasol
28. Dwight Howard
29. Mike Bibby
30. Tony Parker
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Webber
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Zach Randolph
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Ben Wallace
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Chris Paul
41. Stephon Marbury
42. Baron Davis
43. Joe Johnson
44. Corey Maggette
45. Richard Jefferson
46. Jason Richardson
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Steve Francis
50. Eddie Jones

Honorable Mentions: Ben Gordon, Mike Miller, and Larry Hughes.

That is a pretty fair list. Only 2 minor things...
1) Tayshaun Prince over Eddie Jones at #50
2) Ron Artest is a little high. Kidd, Bosh, and Pierce should all be above him.

Section126
02-23-2006, 02:29 AM
That is a pretty fair list. Only 2 minor things...
1) Tayshaun Prince over Eddie Jones at #50
2) Ron Artest is a little high. Kidd, Bosh, and Pierce should all be above him.

Fair analysis...BUT...

Eddie Jone sis more of an offensive threat than Tayshaun Prince and a more complete player.

Artest is a 20 ppg scorer with high rpg and apg numbers while being a defensive player of the year candidate every year......I think his spot is deserved....

DolphinDevil28
02-23-2006, 02:52 AM

High Melbourne, I'm DD28, and...umm, I'm a Magic fan too.

:baghead:

MelbournePhin
02-23-2006, 07:39 AM
High Melbourne, I'm DD28, and...umm, I'm a Magic fan too.

:baghead:

it will get better in the summer of 07. right now im rooting for us to lose all of our games. i hope we can land rudy gay, adam morrison, or jj reddick.

GreenMonster
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Fair analysis...BUT...

Eddie Jone sis more of an offensive threat than Tayshaun Prince and a more complete player.

Artest is a 20 ppg scorer with high rpg and apg numbers while being a defensive player of the year candidate every year......I think his spot is deserved....

Sorry MikeO what Section says goes...

Jones used to be a better offensive player than Prince. I thought your list included potential which is why James is ahead of your boy Wade who you claim is the better player now.. Prince is a much better player today and in the future,than Eddie Jones will ever be again.. Jones avg 12.7 points and Prince 14.2 but that must be because Jones, can't get enought shots in the high-powered Grizz lineup..

Artest isn't a 20 ppg scorer he never has averaged over 20 points.. Bosh is younger, avg's more points and rebounds, and isn't a nutcase that has been traded 3 times already and suspend for a year..

Section126
02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Sorry MikeO what Section says goes...

Jones used to be a better offensive player than Prince. I thought your list included potential which is why James is ahead of your boy Wade who you claim is the better player now.. Prince is a much better player today and in the future,than Eddie Jones will ever be again.. Jones avg 12.7 points and Prince 14.2 but that must be because Jones, can't get enought shots in the high-powered Grizz lineup..

Artest isn't a 20 ppg scorer he never has averaged over 20 points.. Bosh is younger, avg's more points and rebounds, and isn't a nutcase that has been traded 3 times already and suspend for a year..

On my list...whatever I say does go.

As for Eddie Jones....he is taking around 10 shots per game with a team that is much weaker than the one Prince plays on....

Saying Artest isn't a 20 point scorer is semantics....what did you want me to do to describe him? That he is a 19 point scorer? I don't account for nutcases when i am making a list of the best players in the nba. If the list was of who I would want...Artest would be in the 40's...Bosh would be in the top ten along with other youngsters like Paul, and Howard.

Like I said...the list is not a draft.

DwayneWade
02-26-2006, 12:56 AM
Wade should be number 2 IMO...

djfresh47
02-26-2006, 01:33 AM
They are in order....

The simple fact is that Elton Brand is better than KG, Duncan, right now...he might not be as good as dirk and that could be my flaw with the list.

If KG gets traded...he might get rejuvenated and become the dominant force he used to be....he looks bored out there now. Duncan has become horribly inconsistent and injury plagued.

How are all these guys ahead of Duncan? Has Brand even been to the playoffs yet? Tim Duncan is the Tom Brady of the NBA, and doesn't get credit because he just does what he has to win championships. Just curious, you mention how James is an awful defender, but where do you rank Dirk? He is terrible, Dallas has improved their defense and because Dirk has more offensive range he's better offensively, but do you take a good offensive player who is 1st team all defense or a good offensive player who is an awful defender?

Section126
02-26-2006, 01:45 AM
How are all these guys ahead of Duncan? Has Brand even been to the playoffs yet? Tim Duncan is the Tom Brady of the NBA, and doesn't get credit because he just does what he has to win championships. Just curious, you mention how James is an awful defender, but where do you rank Dirk? He is terrible, Dallas has improved their defense and because Dirk has more offensive range he's better offensively, but do you take a good offensive player who is 1st team all defense or a good offensive player who is an awful defender?

Tim Duncan has become awfully inconsistent with his injuries. Thus the drop on the list.

he has many more "bad" games than either Dirk or Brand.

djfresh47
02-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Tim Duncan has become awfully inconsistent with his injuries. Thus the drop on the list.

he has many more "bad" games than either Dirk or Brand.

It's a matter of opinion, but the next time Dirk has a good defensive game will be the first time time.

King Felix
02-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Wade should be number 2 IMO...

of course u think he should look at ur name.

Section126
02-26-2006, 02:07 AM
It's a matter of opinion, but the next time Dirk has a good defensive game will be the first time time.

Yeah...I know....But he makes that team move...they play off of him....

King Felix
02-26-2006, 02:10 AM
i like the list

Metal Panda
04-24-2006, 08:17 PM
I noticed Yao is on the list.

I know he speaks better English now that he's been over here a while, but how exactly did he call for the ball his rookie year?

"Pas bal, im open pas its. pas its!"?

good to see he's succeeding tho after the BS Barkley said about him his first year.

Buddwalk
04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
just noticed gerald wallace isnt in your list...sorry bro that guys a monster :yes:

Hes top 40 for me

Metal Panda
04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
how about a bottom 40 list? we need somewhere to put Pat Garrity.

PHINATIC13
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice list 126,no love for my man Lamar Odom.I'd put him in there before guys like Peja,Chris Weber(now)and Eddie Jones to name a few.But it's your list nice job man.

Prime
04-24-2006, 08:55 PM
I noticed Yao is on the list.

I know he speaks better English now that he's been over here a while, but how exactly did he call for the ball his rookie year?

"Pas bal, im open pas its. pas its!"?

good to see he's succeeding tho after the BS Barkley said about him his first year.

Barkley is a punk. Yao owned him his rookie year by actually starting to play good. Sure he looked like a big bust for a little while in the start of the season, but you can't expect for a guy from China and never had that big competion to dominate overnight at the NBA level.

maddendude
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
peja over barron davis?

Bosh over jermain??!>!

miadfins
04-24-2006, 10:03 PM
you should move tmac down and billups and pierce up. sure tmac is talented but he never been a winner and couldnt carry a team. His impact on a team;s success is overrated. billups makes the best team go. pierce is had his best year every, finally started leading and carrying his pittiful team.

Section126
04-24-2006, 10:07 PM
That list was made a little while ago..I will rework it soon...I'll let you guys know..so you can rip it some more..:lol:

Roman529
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I would move Gilbert Arenas up to where you have Melo,,,and drop Melo down to #18. Melo hits big shots at the end but he is not as good as Arenas.

FaninPatsyLand
04-24-2006, 10:17 PM
you should move tmac down and billups and pierce up. sure tmac is talented but he never been a winner and couldnt carry a team. His impact on a team;s success is overrated. billups makes the best team go. pierce is had his best year every, finally started leading and carrying his pittiful team.

Pierce was outstanding this year, he is simply a great player. As for the Celtics being "pitiful"... ha!

I'm not sure how you can call a lineup of Pierce, Szczerbiak, West and Gomes pitiful?

Prime
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM

I would highly have to disagree with what you just said. This season proved that we needed a guy like T-Mac to take over a game. We all know that he can take over a game because he has the skills and talent to do so. Without T-Mac playing, we only won like 6-12 games and he missed half of the season. I think he can carry a team, but he will need one more player to help him along the way.

miadfins
04-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Pierce was outstanding this year, he is simply a great player. As for the Celtics being "pitiful"... ha!

I'm not sure how you can call a lineup of Pierce, Szczerbiak, West and Gomes pitiful?

gomes is not good yet, west can be good but still too young and szczerbiak is only a catch and shoot player who cant play any defense. sure pitiful is exarating a bit, but the talnt thay have is wasted on how badly coached they are.

FaninPatsyLand
04-24-2006, 11:07 PM
gomes is not good yet, west can be good but still too young and szczerbiak is only a catch and shoot player who cant play any defense. sure pitiful is exarating a bit, but the talnt thay have is wasted on how badly coached they are.

Whatever. This team has a TON of young talent and while they might not be a force in the immediate future (next year) they have an extremely bright future. Just give some time for Gerald Green, Tony Allen, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins and Delonte West to develop and watch out.

Section126
04-24-2006, 11:16 PM
UPDATED LIST.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Allen Iverson
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Dirk Nowitzki (7)
6. Kevin Garnett (8)
7. Tracy McGrady (5)
8. Elton Brand (6)
9. Shaquille Oneal
10. Steve Nash
11. Paul Pierce (17)
12. Tim Duncan (11)
13. Amare Stoudmire
14. Vince Carter
15. Gilbert Arenas (18)
16. Shawn Marion (21)
17. Carmelo Anthony (11)
18. Ron Artest (15)
19. Michael Redd
20. Chauncey Billups (16)
21. Ray Allen (20)
22. Paul Gasol (27)
23. Tony Parker (30)
24. Jermaine Oneal (25)
25. Manu Ginobli (24)
26. Yao Ming
27. Chris Bosh (22)
28. Dwight Howard
29. Mike Bibby
30. Jason Kidd (23)
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Paul (40)
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Zach Randolph
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Baron Davis (42)
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Chris Webber (33)
41. Ben Gordon (NR)
42. Ben Wallace (38)
44. Mike Miller (NR)
45. Richard Jefferson
46. Joe Johnson (43)
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Gerald Wallace (NR)
50. Stephon Marbury (41)

Honorable Mentions: Andres Nocioni, Kirk Hinrich, Boris Diaw, Tayshaun Prince, and Larry Hughes.

Rocky Raccoon
04-24-2006, 11:18 PM
UPDATED LIST.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Allen Iverson
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Dirk Nowitzki (7)
6. Kevin Garnett (8)
7. Tracy McGrady (5)
8. Elton Brand (6)
9. Shaquille Oneal
10. Steve Nash
11. Paul Pierce (17)
12. Tim Duncan (11)
13. Amare Stoudmire
14. Vince Carter
15. Gilbert Arenas (15)
16. Shawn Marion (21)
17. Carmelo Anthony (11)
18. Ron Artest (15)
19. Michael Redd
20. Chauncey Billups (16)
21. Ray Allen (20)
22. Paul Gasol (27)
23. Tony Parker (30)
24. Jermaine Oneal (25)
25. Manu Ginobli (24)
26. Yao Ming
27. Chris Bosh (22)
28. Dwight Howard
29. Mike Bibby
30. Jason Kidd (23)
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Paul (40)
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Zach Randolph
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Baron Davis (42)
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Chris Webber (33)
41. Ben Gordon (NR)
42. Ben Wallace (38)
44. Mike Miller (NR)
45. Richard Jefferson
46. Joe Johnson (43)
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Gerald Wallace (NR)
50. Stephon Marbury (41)

Honorable Mentions: Andres Nocioni, Kirk Hinrich, Boris Diaw, Tayshaun Prince, and Larry Hughes.

my boy Gilbert Arenas in the top 15! :yes:

Buddwalk
04-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Whatever. This team has a TON of young talent and while they might not be a force in the immediate future (next year) they have an extremely bright future. Just give some time for Gerald Green, Tony Allen, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins and Delonte West to develop and watch out.

Im a huge huge gerald green fan just ask prime time and nappy :yes:

Boston is a team to watch out for they have a high draft pick at #6 overall which gives them the shot to get a big guy like Andrea Bargnani

Boik14
04-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I agree with the players but not the order. Except Josh Howard. He nor Starbucks deserve a spot. Im happy you kicked Stevie Turnover out. Good talent, another no brain guy. He and Steph should be a great backcourt*end sarcasm*

To a degree I agree on Shaq. I agree that whenever he is out there at a 100% he is a top 10 player. But its so rare that he is out there its tough to justify it. I certainly would have Nash higher. i think thats a mistake.

Ginobli is ranked too high. Hes strictly a postseason player, not a great reg. season player.

Caron Butler, Hinrich and Mike James deserve spots imo.

Too much criticism for Melo. his team asks him to score cause no one else can do so consistantly but hes had quite a few games with 25pts-6rebs-3/4asts, a steal and a block. Hes still a high TO guy but everyone who handles the ball a lot generally is.

Section126
04-25-2006, 12:06 AM
I agree with the players but not the order. Except Josh Howard. He nor Starbucks deserve a spot. Im happy you kicked Stevie Turnover out. Good talent, another no brain guy. He and Steph should be a great backcourt*end sarcasm*

To a degree I agree on Shaq. I agree that whenever he is out there at a 100% he is a top 10 player. But its so rare that he is out there its tough to justify it. I certainly would have Nash higher. i think thats a mistake.

Ginobli is ranked too high. Hes strictly a postseason player, not a great reg. season player.

Too much criticism for Melo. his team asks him to score cause no one else can do so consistantly but hes had quite a few games with 25pts-6rebs-3/4asts, a steal and a block. Hes still a high TO guy but everyone who handles the ball a lot generally is.

I disagree on Mike James...

I like his game..but what he did this year was disgraceful...he played the season to build up stats and get a big contract...

I really like Josh Howard because of his complete game...He has every tool you can want a player to have...when he goes...the Mavs are unbeatable.

I really like Caron..but he gets so little attention with the wizards..that his numbers are gonna be good. Hinrich made my honorable mentions...

Buddwalk
04-25-2006, 12:14 AM

ginoboli is a good regular season player as well...he just is in a situation like with the pistons too many good players to really stick out and score 30 a game

Roman529
04-25-2006, 12:15 AM
my boy Gilbert Arenas in the top 15! :yes:

I really like Arenas too...if he did not play for the Wizards he would probably be close to top 10.

Boik14
04-25-2006, 12:30 AM
I disagree on Mike James...

I like his game..but what he did this year was disgraceful...he played the season to build up stats and get a big contract...

I really like Josh Howard because of his complete game...He has every tool you can want a player to have...when he goes...the Mavs are unbeatable.

I really like Caron..but he gets so little attention with the wizards..that his numbers are gonna be good. Hinrich made my honorable mentions... I dont really see how you can say that about James. No one else on that team took a consistant secondary role to bosh as a scorer. So he had to do it. When Peterson was hitting he deferred quite a bit. When Charlie V came on late in the year his stats dipped.

Howard is a good team player without a doubt. IMO its tough to justify 3 players from 1 team though unless that 3rd guy is very talented 3rd option. Amare/marion/nash, duncan/parker/ginobli, you cant omit any of those guys. But in Howards case he feeds off of others and that alone doesnt make him great.

Boik14
04-25-2006, 12:31 AM
I really like Arenas too...if he did not play for the Wizards he would probably be close to top 10.If he had fewer TO's he'd definitely be top 10. They kill his PER. i dont care what team he plays for hes a baller and he led my fantasy team to a 3rd straight crown in my pay league...Gilbert Fills Arena's. End of discussion. :lol:

Section126
04-25-2006, 12:36 AM
I dont really see how you can say that about James. No one else on that team took a consistant secondary role to bosh as a scorer. So he had to do it. When Peterson was hitting he deferred quite a bit. When Charlie V came on late in the year his stats dipped.

Howard is a good team player without a doubt. IMO its tough to justify 3 players from 1 team though unless that 3rd guy is very talented 3rd option. Amare/marion/nash, duncan/parker/ginobli, you cant omit any of those guys. But in Howards case he feeds off of others and that alone doesnt make him great.

Watch Howard play some more..you will come to appreciate him.

As for Mike James...I have followed this guy since his days with the Heat...he has always been a chucker..and he took it to an extreme this year.

Boik14
04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Watch Howard play some more..you will come to appreciate him.

As for Mike James...I have followed this guy since his days with the Heat...he has always been a chucker..and he took it to an extreme this year. I watch Howard plenty. i still dont agree. As far as James...ill take your word. When your a NYK fan everyone else looks good.

dominizzo
04-25-2006, 12:55 AM
the list looks good

Section126
11-05-2006, 12:58 PM
The List is Updated...ENJOY.

Amars
11-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I would think Nash would be higher maybe 5. Shaq i wouldnt put there, probably not even in the top 15. Yao would be above shaq just because of the number games he'll play thoughout the season.

Section126
11-05-2006, 01:19 PM
I would think Nash would be higher maybe 5. Shaq i wouldnt put there, probably not even in the top 15. Yao would be above shaq just because of the number games he'll play thoughout the season.

SHAQ draws double teams on a team that is the defending champ. Those double teams are there for a reason. He also leads the league in Shooting %, he will also be the 1st team ALL-NBA center....starter for the East in the All-Star game...

I think his spot is just right.

BTW..Yao played 57 games last year.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Yao is going to have a breakout season this year. Not that I am debating who should be higher on a list because I think it's a matter of personal preference and you can switch a lot of these around but Yao is going to have a big year and the Rockets will be a force by the end of the season. By the way, it's a solid list and making one is tougher then you think because it's apples and oranges with a lot of these players!

Section126
11-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Yao is going to have a breakout season this year. Not that I am debating who should be higher on a list because I think it's a matter of personal preference and you can switch a lot of these around but Yao is going to have a big year and the Rockets will be a force by the end of the season. By the way, it's a solid list and making one is tougher then you think because it's apples and oranges with a lot of these players!

I agree that YAO will break out this year...but I want to see his FG% around 60%. He then will be a top 15 guy for sure and possibly replace SHAQ as the top center.

Amars
11-05-2006, 01:53 PM
SHAQ draws double teams on a team that is the defending champ. Those double teams are there for a reason. He also leads the league in Shooting %, he will also be the 1st team ALL-NBA center....starter for the East in the All-Star game...

I think his spot is just right.

BTW..Yao played 57 games last year.

He does require double but I think more attention will given to Wade then Shaq this year. Its kinda like pick you poison. Shaq will get his points and contribute but Dwade will Kill you if you dont stop him. Its a give in that Shaq will not give you a full season but at least 50 games, Yao is at the point where he can last a whole season barring injury. Mainly because of his youth he's only 26. That the reason I would pick Yao before Shaq. BTW he just put up 36pts last night.

King Felix
11-05-2006, 05:59 PM
brandon roy is gonna jump onto that list soon...nice list though, agree with almost all of it.

GreenMonster
11-06-2006, 12:14 AM
The List is Updated...ENJOY.

Looks real good.. Glad to see that Mike Redd is getting even more respect with people.. I knew this kid could play, he gets better every year.. GO BUCKS..

Roman529
11-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Steve Nash #10? :confused:

Maybe you did not hear he won back-to-back MVP's, something very few players have ever done.

Rocky Raccoon
11-06-2006, 09:46 AM
nice list Section...I bet you though that next year Andrew Bogut will be on that list :wink:

Majpain
11-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Roy is going to win ROY because he is getting the most time. Hopefully Casey is smart enough to put in Foye fora atleast 15 mins.

Buddwalk
11-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Steve Nash #10? :confused:

Maybe you did not hear he won back-to-back MVP's, something very few players have ever done.

nash at 10 is a joke...nash is a top 5 player in this league, he makes everybody else around him better and gets everybody involved and is the perfect definition of a pg.

Buddwalk
11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Roy is going to win ROY because he is getting the most time. Hopefully Casey is smart enough to put in Foye fora atleast 15 mins.

right now hes getting the most time...but morrison is strongly making a case to be starting...he guarded lebron in the cavs game with gerald wallace of course and lebron was held to 16 points on 3-13 shooting...in a bobcats win too

his 3 games this year morrison has

14 points
21 points
13 points

Averaging 16 ppg

PHINATIC13
11-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Nice list 126,I believe Odom might be the most underrated player in the entire NBA.He's finally playing like did when he was a Clipper.

Buddwalk
11-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Nice list 126,I believe Odom might be the most underrated player in the entire NBA.He's finally playing like did when he was a Clipper.

honestly hes playing better then when he was a clipper...hes playing the best bball of his life right now...he may be entering his prime

Section126
11-06-2006, 02:26 PM
honestly hes playing better then when he was a clipper...hes playing the best bball of his life right now...he may be entering his prime

He had a great year with the Heat as well...that was his turning point.

I think he is now taking it to the next level, the Lakers look good.

Buddwalk
11-06-2006, 02:42 PM
He had a great year with the Heat as well...that was his turning point.

I think he is now taking it to the next level, the Lakers look good.

watching kobe the past 2 games seems like hes determined to play team ball which imo is the only way there going to win a championship. Yeah odom really broke out wades rookie year averaged like 17 ppg and nearly 10 rpg

King Felix
11-06-2006, 04:18 PM
morrison wont win......all he does is score

King Felix
11-06-2006, 04:18 PM
brandon roy is doing other things and scoring more points

Section126
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
1. Kobe Bryant (2)
2. Lebron James (1)
3. Dwyane Wade (4)
4. Dirk Nowitzki (5)
5. Allen Iverson (3)
6. Kevin Garnett (8)
7. Steve Nash (10)
8. Elton Brand (6)
9. Paul Pierce (11)
10. Tracy McGrady (7)
11. Shaquille Oneal (9)
12. Gilbert Arenas (15)
13. Tim Duncan (12)
14. Carmelo Anthony (17)
15. Yao Ming (26)
16. Shawn Marion (21)
17. Michael Redd (14)
18. Dwight Howard (28)
19. Amare Stoudmire (13)
20. Vince Carter (15)
21. Ray Allen (20)
22. Paul Gasol (27)
23. Ron Artest (18)
24. Jermaine Oneal (25)
25. Manu Ginobli (24)
27. Chris Bosh (22)
28. Tony Parker (23)
29. Mike Bibby
30. Zach Randolph (35)
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Paul (40)
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Jason Kidd (30)
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Baron Davis (42)
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Lamar Odom (NR)
41. Ben Gordon (44)
42. Ben Wallace (38)
44. Mike Miller (50)
45. Carlos Boozer (NR)
46. Joe Johnson (43)
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Gerald Wallace (NR)
50. Andres Nocioni (NR)

Honorable Mentions: Kirk Hinrich, Richard Jefferson (45), Boris Diaw, Tayshaun Prince (47), Brandon Roy, Kevin Martin, Jason Williams, Bonzi Wells, Andre Miller, Corey Magette, Nenad Krystic, Andei Kirilenko, Chris Webber (33), Larry Hughes, Sam Cassell, Eddie Jones (50), Caron Butler.

Second Tier: Channing Frye, JR Smith, Eddie Curry, Udonis Haslem, Leandro Barbosa, Monta Ellis, Luol Deng, Wally Szczerviak, Al Jefferson, Alonzo Mourning

List is updated.

Fresh
12-24-2006, 03:15 PM
nash at 10 is a joke...nash is a top 5 player in this league, he makes everybody else around him better and gets everybody involved and is the perfect definition of a pg.

There are AT LEAST 5 players in the league who I'd take before Steve Nash. Stop overrating him.. he's a one dimensional, offensive stud. Nash is probably in the most perfect situation for a single player in the NBA. I mean, seriously, why wasn't he this good in Dallas? Exactly. Take every player in the league and put them in the PERFECT situation (Nash included), and LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, and Dirk Nowitzski are without question better overall players. I also prefer Elton Brand and I think Chris Bosh & Dwight Howard will be better players by year's end, as well. Also, at full health, most Suns fans would call Amare their best overall player.

This is about OVERALL ABILITY, not just offensive or defensive. Most of you don't watch players play defense (can't blame you, because most NBA players don't!), so what I'm saying is irrelevent to you, anyways.. :rolleyes2

King Felix
12-24-2006, 04:32 PM
if brandon roy had'nt got hurt im positive he would be in your top 50!

Fresh
12-24-2006, 06:18 PM
if brandon roy had'nt got hurt im positive he would be in your top 50!

Come on, man.. stop overrating your team's players.

Brandon Roy top 50 already? He was averaging 12/4/4 and shooting 42%.

That's nice for a rookie 2-guard, but top 50? Come on. :rolleyes2

King Felix
12-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Come on, man.. stop overrating your team's players.

Brandon Roy top 50 already? He was averaging 12/4/4 and shooting 42%.

That's nice for a rookie, but top 50? Come on. :rolleyes2:lol: section agree's.

King Felix
12-24-2006, 06:20 PM
how many rookies come 2 assists away from a triple-double, in there 7th nba game.

Fresh
12-24-2006, 06:23 PM
how many rookies come 2 assists away from a triple-double, in there 7th nba game.

And that makes him a top 50 player in the game? How stupid.

King Felix
12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
And that makes him a top 50 player in the game? How stupid.i didnt say that........if he had played 25 games he would be.

Fresh
12-24-2006, 06:26 PM
So less than half of an NBA season is enough to declare you a top 50 player? :rolleyes2

There are so many players not on that list that are more deserving, like Caron Butler.

That's the only thing I'd REALLY argue with Section's list.. Caron Butler should be up there.

King Felix
12-24-2006, 06:27 PM
then why are you arguing about brandon roy?

Fresh
12-24-2006, 06:30 PM
then why are you arguing about brandon roy?

He's not on his top 50, and if he was, it'd be ridiculous.

I'm arguing your ridiculous claim that if he never got hurt, he'd be up there.

He's a rookie who was averaging 12/4/4 with 42% shooting.. 6th man caliber numbers. While stats don't mean everything, you have to at least be "up there" with the stats to even have an argument. Eventually, he's got the potential to be up there, but right now? No way in hell.

King Felix
12-24-2006, 06:32 PM
he is 4th on his list of mention and only playing 7 games...........i think he would be on the list if he had played all season........i unno though, section would you have brandon roy on your top 50 if he played all season?

Fresh
12-24-2006, 06:42 PM
If he had played all season at the pace of 12/4/4 and 42%?

That's the thing.. he could've stayed at that place, got worse, got better, or even boomed. We don't know what could've been. All we can do is look at what actually happened, and look onto the future.

Nonetheless, I'm excited about seeing Brandon Roy play basketball in the future once he develops his game and picks up the much needed experience. However, I think overall, Randy Foye is going to be the better rook. I prefer Marcus Williams too, but we won't see him at his peak until Jason Kidd is done.

King Felix
12-24-2006, 06:46 PM
If he had played all season at the pace of 12/4/4 and 42%?

That's the thing.. he could've stayed at that place, got worse, got better, or even boomed. We don't know what could've been. All we can do is look at what actually happened, and look onto the future.

Nonetheless, I'm excited about seeing Brandon Roy play basketball in the future once he develops his game and picks up the much needed experience. However, I think overall, Randy Foye is going to be the better rook. I prefer Marcus Williams too, but we won't see him at his peak until Jason Kidd is done.
his stats would be better but he has 2 games where he tried to play and got hurt....really hurt his averages...oh well im really excited about him also(as you can tell). i like foye but minne is loaded with guards so he isnt gettin the playin time he should get imo......i like marcus williams to, he seems alittle nervous not shooting high percentage.....

dominizzo
12-24-2006, 06:48 PM
1. Kobe Bryant (2)
2. Lebron James (1)
3. Dwyane Wade (4)
4. Dirk Nowitzki (5)
5. Allen Iverson (3)
6. Kevin Garnett (8)
7. Steve Nash (10)
8. Elton Brand (6)
9. Paul Pierce (11)
10. Tracy McGrady (7)
11. Shaquille Oneal (9)
12. Gilbert Arenas (15)
13. Tim Duncan (12)
14. Carmelo Anthony (17)
15. Yao Ming (26)
16. Shawn Marion (21)
17. Michael Redd (14)
18. Dwight Howard (28)
19. Amare Stoudmire (13)
20. Vince Carter (15)
21. Ray Allen (20)
22. Paul Gasol (27)
23. Ron Artest (18)
24. Jermaine Oneal (25)
25. Manu Ginobli (24)
27. Chris Bosh (22)
28. Tony Parker (23)
29. Mike Bibby
30. Zach Randolph (35)
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Paul (40)
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Jason Kidd (30)
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Baron Davis (42)
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Lamar Odom (NR)
41. Ben Gordon (44)
42. Ben Wallace (38)
44. Mike Miller (50)
45. Carlos Boozer (NR)
46. Joe Johnson (43)
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Gerald Wallace (NR)
50. Andres Nocioni (NR)

Honorable Mentions: Kirk Hinrich, Richard Jefferson (45), Boris Diaw, Tayshaun Prince (47), Brandon Roy, Kevin Martin, Jason Williams, Bonzi Wells, Andre Miller, Corey Magette, Nenad Krystic, Andei Kirilenko, Chris Webber (33), Larry Hughes, Sam Cassell, Eddie Jones (50), Caron Butler.

Second Tier: Channing Frye, JR Smith, Eddie Curry, Udonis Haslem, Leandro Barbosa, Monta Ellis, Luol Deng, Wally Szczerviak, Al Jefferson, Alonzo Mourning
Wheres Memo Okur and Deron Williams

Amars
12-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Wheres Memo Okur and Deron Williams

:lol: not on the list like they shouldnt be.

You just want all the jazz players on the list.

SpencerFS
12-24-2006, 08:44 PM
JOE JOHNSON at 48? 28 PTS per game with a 50% FG average he should be up in the top 10 he is amazing i get to see him alot being a big hawks fan and living in the A

Roman529
12-24-2006, 10:06 PM
What I don't understand is how Scotty Pippen was "chosen" one of the top 50 best ALL-TIME players in NBA history a few years back....all he did was ride MJ's tails.

Metal Panda
12-24-2006, 10:17 PM
There are AT LEAST 5 players in the league who I'd take before Steve Nash. Stop overrating him.. he's a one dimensional, offensive stud. Nash is probably in the most perfect situation for a single player in the NBA. I mean, seriously, why wasn't he this good in Dallas? Exactly. Take every player in the league and put them in the PERFECT situation (Nash included), and LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, and Dirk Nowitzski are without question better overall players.

unfortunately (for your argument), the Suns have looked much worse off without Nash when he's been sidelined, yet found a way to win without Stoudamire last year with nash running the show. He makes that team go.

Kobe
12-25-2006, 12:29 AM
JOE JOHNSON at 48? 28 PTS per game with a 50% FG average he should be up in the top 10 he is amazing i get to see him alot being a big hawks fan and living in the A

Lol. Joe Johnson is very good, and an upcoming star, but top 10 is insane. Let him put up those type of numbers for a couple more years, then he might break the top 25 :tongue:

Only thing I disagree with is Luol Deng being tier 2. He is a playing very solid basketball, and should be at least honorable mention. Same with Deron Williams :D

Fresh
12-25-2006, 02:30 PM
unfortunately (for your argument), the Suns have looked much worse off without Nash when he's been sidelined, yet found a way to win without Stoudamire last year with nash running the show. He makes that team go.

And that does not make him the better player.

They're perimeter loaded, so as long as Nash is there, they will be able to get out, run, and score loads of points. However, Amare is a dominating force when healthy, and he was clearly the better player on that team a few years back when both were healthy.

People overrate the hell out've Steve Nash. He doesn't know what defense is.

Fresh
12-25-2006, 02:33 PM

Top 10? That's absurd. Give it a bit more time.

Nonetheless, he should be top 50.. as should Caron.. maybe Deron Williams.

I think the three of those guys have certainly made their claim.

I'd take out Ben Gordon and Mike Miller. I'd move Joe Johnson into the 20s.

Fresh
12-25-2006, 06:44 PM
I'd also like to add.. I think Nash has the most inflated assist numbers in NBA history.

Why is it that in Dallas, where he didn't have as many finishers as he does in Phoenix, he averaged 7-8 APG every year? Although I'm not calling these players better, I tend to think that T.J. Ford, Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Baron Davis and a few others would EASILY average 10-12 APG in Phoenix's system.

People overrate the crap out've Nash's assist numbers. Sure, he's the pedestral of their system so you can't really call him a system player, but it is a system that fits ANY pass-first PG's game to PERFECTION......

............BACK TO CHRISTMAS GIFTS & FOOD!

Section126
12-26-2006, 01:50 AM
I'd like to poitn out that the honorable mentions are not in a paricular order...they are just guys that I am watching.

As for Joe Johnson...he might make a climb up the charts soon...but not now...

The closer his team gets to .500, the closer he will get to the top 20.

SpencerFS
12-26-2006, 12:46 PM
yea top 10 is a little high for Joe Johnson i just don't think he should be way in the high 40's

Retnuhrace
12-26-2006, 04:31 PM
So is Wade > Kobe yet?

WestCoastPhins
12-28-2006, 06:19 AM
How is wade behind lebron and kobe. He actually plays D unlike lebron. In fact I would put him 1. We see kobe without odom and wade without shaq. As for nash he blatant no D makes me think he should be lower. And duncan should be higher, around dirks level certainly above nash. Also I would say deng should be more than second tier since he is better than jason williams. Webber isnt top anything anymore. Also peja to me is not better than gordon or josh howard. and rasheed is better than jamison for the same better D comparable O. But thats just my opinion.

Section126
12-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Minor adjustment made...

Eddie Jones dropped to tier 2.

BTW...some of you wanted Deron Williams in...I had him in the honorable mentions. You guys must have missed him.

Rocky Raccoon
12-29-2006, 11:37 PM
I'd also like to add.. I think Nash has the most inflated assist numbers in NBA history.

Why is it that in Dallas, where he didn't have as many finishers as he does in Phoenix, he averaged 7-8 APG every year? Although I'm not calling these players better, I tend to think that T.J. Ford, Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Baron Davis and a few others would EASILY average 10-12 APG in Phoenix's system.

People overrate the crap out've Nash's assist numbers. Sure, he's the pedestral of their system so you can't really call him a system player, but it is a system that fits ANY pass-first PG's game to PERFECTION......

............BACK TO CHRISTMAS GIFTS & FOOD!

that maybe true, because the Suns have a lot fo talent. But you also have to take in account some of the passes he makes. He must have made 5 unbelievable assists in the game last night.

Skeet84
12-30-2006, 05:33 AM
Where is Emeka Okafor? I mean he is not the greatest but wow

Fresh
12-30-2006, 04:07 PM
How is wade behind lebron and kobe. He actually plays D unlike lebron. In fact I would put him 1. We see kobe without odom and wade without shaq. As for nash he blatant no D makes me think he should be lower. And duncan should be higher, around dirks level certainly above nash. Also I would say deng should be more than second tier since he is better than jason williams. Webber isnt top anything anymore. Also peja to me is not better than gordon or josh howard. and rasheed is better than jamison for the same better D comparable O. But thats just my opinion.

I would probably put..

1. Kobe
1. Wade
1. LeBron

Or, if anything..

1. Kobe
1. Wade
3. LeBron

& yeah, Sheed over Jamison.. I don't like Jamison as a player one bit.

phinphan896
12-31-2006, 01:02 AM
KG has to be on the top of everybodys list. look at his stats and effiency rating. hes never won because hes never had talent around him

Section126
12-31-2006, 02:24 AM
I would probably put..

1. Kobe
1. Wade
1. LeBron

Or, if anything..

1. Kobe
1. Wade
3. LeBron

& yeah, Sheed over Jamison.. I don't like Jamison as a player one bit.

I gotta disagree.

Sheed is on the fast track to playing his way out of my ratings. he should dominate and he doesn't. Simple as that. it is nothing more elegant than the fact that he is an underachiever.

Jamison is a real basketball talent. The guy plays in an awkward team to be on for an elbow player. He still produces.

Pink_Dove
12-31-2006, 03:22 AM
Nice list Sec.

Absolutely no way Yao should be behind T-Mac. He's become the first option on that Houston team and has put up 30 more than I can remember this year. You could even argue he deserves to be the top center in front of Shaq, with the way he's been dominating recently.

I don't get the Nash hating on this thread. I'm no Suns fan but all that perfect situation bull**** is laughable, he makes that engine run. The reason he didn't have the same numbers as he does in Dallas is precisely because of the system he was in. Whereas Nelson had him run plays for Dirk and Finley, D'Antoni has given him the green light to do as he pleases, and Nash being one, if not, the most creative player in the game, has thrived on that. He wouldn't be 'in the perfect situation' if he was not the player he is. It's ridiculous how much he makes a lot of people look better than they are, just look at Tim Thomas or what Richardson has become with the Knicks.

AirMarino83
12-31-2006, 05:32 AM
pinkdove, agreed 100% about steve nash. say what you want about systems, but only 2, maybe 3 guys in the nba creates and completes the passes that he dishes out a dozen at a time. phinphan896, yes kg is a top 5ver, just needs around him. what do you all think about chris paul? i see him becoming an all time great point guard.

xDOLPHINSx
12-31-2006, 08:47 AM
KG has to be on the top of everybodys list. look at his stats and effiency rating. hes never won because hes never had talent around him

Glad KG got some respect on your list. There is no other player in the nba more deserving than Kevin. Call me a homer, but this guy is a great all around bball player. Most consistent man in the nba. He will put up 20, 10, and 5 every game, unlike the superstars in kobe and lebron (not hating i happen to like both players). Its just sad knowing that hes never gonna get that ring in MN, I would almost just rather see him go to a contender. I was really mad they didnt go after Iverson, but I went to the Dec. 26th game vs. Chicago and Randy Foye just amazed me. He put up 25 with a game winner with 1.8 sec to go. What an amazing game to go to, I just hope Randy gets some more playing time, he could be something special. It also made me happier about the Roy-Foye trade lol. Watch out for Foye, maybe he'll be cracking the list in 07.:D

GreenMonster
12-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Good list the only thing I can think of is Mike Redd should be ahead of Marion, he leads the Bucks..

Fresh
12-31-2006, 04:32 PM
I gotta disagree.

Sheed is on the fast track to playing his way out of my ratings. he should dominate and he doesn't. Simple as that. it is nothing more elegant than the fact that he is an underachiever.

Jamison is a real basketball talent. The guy plays in an awkward team to be on for an elbow player. He still produces.

I can agree with that, but was considering career achievements with it and I probably shouldn't of done that.. however, I still think Sheed is a better overall player than Antwan Jamison. He should be dominating, but I don't think Detroit's system allows him to do so. He's never really been a big numbers guy, but his impact is greatly noticed.

Amars
12-31-2006, 04:56 PM
I think Carlos Boozer should be up in the top 15. He is the reason the Jazz are good. He's Hustler and great player. I love his intensity.

WestCKoastiN
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Gilbert should be up a few more..

Phinz4Life
01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Nocioni at 50?

What put him up there?

Section126
01-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Nocioni at 50?

What put him up there?

ME.

With a little help from the NBA League Pass.

Section126
02-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Minor Update.....

I will update it further after the all-star break...

For now...Wade makes a jump...and Nash moves in on the top 5.

Amars
02-02-2007, 04:09 AM
The way amare playing he's gonna move up fast. Looks like hes 100%.

DonShula84
02-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Looks good. Only minor things I'd disagree with is I think Boozer should be higher and Butler should crack the top 50.

KTownsDolphins
02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Section 126

Chris Bosh #27.

Show some raptor love, this guy is brilliant.

Alex44
02-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Honestly when Yao is healthy he dominates and should be a little higher....just my opinion.

1a) Kobe
1b) Wade
2a)Lebron
2b) Arenas

Seem's like those four dominate games like no-one else right now, and honestly Id almost rather have Arenas than Lebron.

KTownsDolphins
02-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Honestly when Yao is healthy he dominates and should be a little higher....just my opinion.

1a) Kobe
1b) Wade
2a)Lebron
2b) Arenas

Seem's like those four dominate games like no-one else right now, and honestly Id almost rather have Arenas than Lebron.

Arenas is great on offence but someone show the man how to play defence, the Raptors made him look like an amateur last weds.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Arenas is great on offence but someone show the man how to play defence, the Raptors made him look like an amateur last weds.

Lebron isnt very good on defense either though. Lebron has the height to make up for that though, long arms to at least get in a guys face sometimes where Arenas cant.

Anyway Lebron is a better rebounder and passer, but Arenas is way more clutch (this year anyway) Right now I'd take Lebron, but he seems to disappear in a lot of close games at the end.

WestCKoastiN
02-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Yeah Kobe sitting on top!

King Felix
02-03-2007, 02:42 AM
i know january western rookie of the month is about to get on that list

phinphan896
02-03-2007, 10:35 AM
deron williams has to be in at least the top 30. Look atthe numbers hes been putting up, 17 pts 9 assists per game

Fresh
02-03-2007, 04:00 PM

1a) Kobe
1b) Wade
2a)Lebron
2b) Arenas

I can't put Gilbert Arenas up there with three guys who do so much.

The only thing Arenas really does is score..........

I know I've really ripped Agent 0 about that in the past, but it was more than likely out've pure frustration with how arrogant the guy is. On second thought, I actually think he's a funny dude. He's a fantastic scorer - I just can't imagine him any higher than 7-10 because there are so many guys who do so much.

Section126
02-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Don't forget that Gilbert Arenas is crazy. That gets him points.

How bout what he shouted on the mic at a party a couple of weeks ago? Anybody remember?

BTW...Agent 0 was seriously outclassed by Kobe....good point output...but Kobe hit all the shots that mattered and Arenas shot up a ton of bricks.

Alex44
02-04-2007, 02:07 AM
I can't put Gilbert Arenas up there with three guys who do so much.

The only thing Arenas really does is score..........

I know I've really ripped Agent 0 about that in the past, but it was more than likely out've pure frustration with how arrogant the guy is. On second thought, I actually think he's a funny dude. He's a fantastic scorer - I just can't imagine him any higher than 7-10 because there are so many guys who do so much.

Lebron doesnt play defense either though, he plays slightly better defense but then again what does slightly better than terrible count for?

Section126
03-13-2007, 01:30 PM
1. Kobe Bryant (2)
2. Dwyane Wade (3)
3. Lebron James (2)
4. Dirk Nowitzki (5)
5. Steve Nash (7)
6. Kevin Garnett (8)
7. Shaquille Oneal (11)
8. Elton Brand (6)
9. Paul Pierce (11)
10. Tracy McGrady (7)
11. Allen Iverson (7)
12. Gilbert Arenas (15)
13. Tim Duncan (12)
14. Carmelo Anthony (17)
15. Yao Ming (26)
16. Shawn Marion (21)
17. Michael Redd (14)
18. Chris Bosh (27)
19. Amare Stoudmire (13)
20. Vince Carter (15)
21. Ray Allen (20)
22. Paul Gasol (27)
23. Ron Artest (18)
24. Jermaine Oneal (25)
25. Manu Ginobli (24)
27. Dwight Howard (18)
28. Tony Parker (23)
29. Joe Johnson (46)
30. Zach Randolph (35)
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Mike Bibby (29)
33. Chris Paul (40)
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Jason Kidd (30)
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Baron Davis (42)
39. Carlos Boozer (45)
40. Lamar Odom (NR)
41. Ben Gordon (44)
42. Ben Wallace (38)
44. Mike Miller (50)
45. Deron Williams (NR)
46. Kevin Martin (NR)
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Gerald Wallace (NR)
50. Caron Butler (NR)

Honorable Mentions: Kirk Hinrich, Mo Williams, Richard Jefferson (45), Boris Diaw, Tayshaun Prince (47), Brandon Roy, Rasheed Wallace (32), Jason Williams, Al Jefferson, Andre Miller, Corey Magette, Nenad Krystic, Andei Kirilenko, Chris Webber (33), Larry Hughes, Jason Kapono, Sam Cassell, Andre Iguodala, Peja Stoyakovich, Andres Nocioni (50).

Second Tier: Channing Frye, JR Smith, Eddie Curry, Udonis Haslem, Leandro Barbosa, Luke Ridnour, Monta Ellis, Luol Deng, Wally Szczerviak, Eddie Jones (50), Bonzi Wells, Alonzo Mourning.

Big Update....

Big droppers: Rasheed Wallace, Peja Stoyakovich, Andres Nocioni.

High Risers: Shaquille Oneal, Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Kevin Martin.

FaninPatsyLand
03-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Big Update....

Big droppers: Rasheed Wallace, Peja Stoyakovich, Andres Nocioni.

High Risers: Shaquille Oneal, Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Kevin Martin.

Where's Al Jefferson?

He's gotta be a top 50 player after what he's done this season. He's made HUGE strides in his offensive game and he's well on his way to becoming a legitimate superstar for this Celtics team.

Section126
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Where's Al Jefferson?

He's gotta be a top 50 player after what he's done this season. He's made HUGE strides in his offensive game and he's well on his way to becoming a legitimate superstar for this Celtics team.

Good point.

I have him in the second tier, but he belongs in the honorable mentions.

His FG% is pretty weak for a back to the basket player and board cleaner.

WarriorWelker83
03-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Andre Miller is one of the most complete PG's in the NBA. Andre Iguodala is one of the bright future stars in the NBA. How neither of them are on this list is beyond me.

Section126
03-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Andre Miller is one of the most complete PG's in the NBA. Andre Iguodala is one of the bright future stars in the NBA. How neither of them are on this list is beyond me.

They are in the list.

how high do you think they deserve to be?

GreenMonster
03-13-2007, 03:58 PM
What about Mo Williams. His numbers are very similiar to Deron Williams minus a few assists. The Bucks have played very hurt, so his passing options aren't always great. He is still very young, he is just 25 and will be in line for a huge raise next year when he hits Free Agency. Pretty good for a 2nd round pick.

Section126
03-13-2007, 04:06 PM
What about Mo Williams. His numbers are very similiar to Deron Williams minus a few assists. The Bucks have played very hurt, so his passing options aren't always great. He is still very young, he is just 25 and will be in line for a huge raise next year when he hits Free Agency. Pretty good for a 2nd round pick.

That was an oversight on my part.

I meant to put him into the honorable mention's...I forgot to put him in.

he is there now.

Amars
03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Marion to high D. Howard to low IMO. But other then that good list.

Section126
03-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Marion to high D. Howard to low IMO. But other then that good list.

Howard has no offensive game whatsoever. he is very limited offensively. (He is improving though)

Marion is one of the best open court players and the best "inch for inch" rebounder in the league.

Phinz4Life
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
What about:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Section126
03-15-2007, 04:51 PM
What about:

http://heat.sport24.com/images/mn/1135851926.jpg

He was in the top 50 in the original list.

he has played himself out of it.

A couple of weeks of good basketball doesn't get you back in.

Phinz4Life
03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
He's been carrying the Knicks, scores as many as most of those players, and has played some really good defense.

I'm just makin a case, cause I can tell you right now he plays more D than over 50 percent of the "Top 50".

MARINO1384
03-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Jason Kidd needs to be moved up like 20 spots. Despite his old age, he's still prolly the most complete player in the NBA. He leads the league with 10 triple doubles this year,the next on the list.....only has 3. He's third in the NBA in both steals and assist.

Section126
03-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Jason Kidd needs to be moved up like 20 spots. Despite his old age, he's still prolly the most complete player in the NBA. He leads the league with 10 triple doubles this year,the next on the list.....only has 3. He's third in the NBA in both steals and assist.

The most complete player that can't score.

nyital571
04-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Yea section but do you think if Elton brand Was on the spurs the spurs would have won those titles.Elton brand has improved greatly he's gone from getting most of his points from fast breaks and him shooting mid range jumpers to him actually crteating his own offense.But I find it hard to believe that that if duncan was on the clips that they wouldn't be be better off.In my opinion Duncan is the greatest Power forward ever.