PDA

View Full Version : Cutler to Jets?

Evanauto
02-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Quotes from SI and Newsweek:

The belief in league circles is that Jets coach Eric Mangini and GM Mike Tannenbaum are targeting Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler with the fourth pick.

Discuss.

Hail Saban!

Motion
02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
If he's still there. Tennessee likes him too. I don't see how the Jets could pass up on Brick, especially after cutting half their line.

caneaddict
02-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Well if that's true then who else are we competing with for Brees?

Detroit stated they are looking for a back-up because Harrington is the starter. Arizona just guaranteed Warner $15MM. New Orleans and Tennessee are drafting QB's.

If the Jets are going after Cutler that only leaves Oakland, Baltimore and Minny. Oakland seems to have some faith in Walters and are just looking for a veteran to come in for a year or two (I can't imagine they spend big money on a QB after all the money they have already spent on offense, time for some defense). Baltimore has Boller who started to look better. They could bring in Brees but a more likely scenario is bringing in a cheaper veteran to compete with Boller. Minny could be a player but Peter King doesn't think they will replace one injured QB with another.

Hmmmmmmmm!! The plot thickens!

Motion
02-22-2006, 04:42 PM

Detroit stated they are looking for a back-up because Harrington is the starter. Arizona just guaranteed Warner $15MM. New Orleans and Tennessee are drafting QB's.

If the Jets are going after Cutler that only leaves Oakland, Baltimore and Minny. Oakland seems to have some faith in Walters and are just looking for a veteran to come in for a year or two (I can't imagine they spend big money on a QB after all the money they have already spent on offense, time for some defense). Baltimore has Boller who started to look better. They could bring in Brees but a more likely scenario is bringing in a cheaper veteran to compete with Boller. Minny could be a player but Peter King doesn't think they will replace one injured QB with another.

Very interesting indeed.

dominizzo
02-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Its too bad Jay Cutler is gonna be the better pro and we do not have a chance at swiping him

Motion
02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Its too bad Jay Cutler is gonna be the better pro and we do not have a chance at swiping him

:confused: Your a Cutler fan now?

Miamibyrd_24
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
I was saying the same thing last weak, but not to many people wanted to admit, Culter may be a Jet next season.

Motion
02-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I was saying the same thing last weak, but not to many people wanted to admit, Culter may be a Jet next season.
Probably because nobody wants him to be. Its very possible though.

dominizzo
02-22-2006, 07:38 PM
:confused: Your a Cutler fan now?

I have a friend from Vandy and i was impressed on what he said with Cutler

PSUFinFan
02-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Its amazing what hype can do for you. At the end of the college season he was just another quaterback prospect and now he is a type five pick. It reminds me of philip rivers a few years ago.

Motion
02-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Its amazing what hype can do for you. At the end of the college season he was just another quaterback prospect and now he is a type five pick. It reminds me of philip rivers a few years ago.

Very comparable to Rivers, but I wouldn't say he was "just another prospect", he was definitely one of the better QB prospects and most people in the know knew that. I saw Howie Long and Jimmy Johnson bring his name up on FOX pregame during the regular season.

dolphinzen
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM

You're turning me on!:biggrin:

PSUFinFan
02-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Very comparable to Rivers, but I wouldn't say he was "just another prospect", he was definitely one of the better QB prospects and most people in the know knew that. I saw Howie Long and Jimmy Johnson bring his name up on FOX pregame during the regular season.

He was definetly one of the better prospects, but he wasn't thought to be close to the top two. He was in the middle of the second group with guys like Croyle, Jacobs, and Whitehurst, who were all thought to be 2nd to 3rd round picks.

Motion
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
He was definetly one of the better prospects, but he wasn't thought to be close to the top two. He was in the middle of the second group with guys like Croyle, Jacobs, and Whitehurst, who were all thought to be 2nd to 3rd round picks.

All depends who you talk too.

Jnaledu3
02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
It would make sense for the Jets (a team with a history of making stupid picks) to take Cutler at number 4.

All Cutler has really proved so far is that he can throw hard. Other than that, he has bad mechanics and has been known to make some bad decisions. He has the potential to be great- but the same can be said for many QBs. Like Ive said before, AJ Feeley had a really good arm- but thats it and thats not enough.

And it is really beyond me when I hear these 'draft gurus' say that Culter should go before Leinart ( a proven winner with all the intangibles) and Vince Young (the NCAA National Champion, and no I dont mean the QB of the National Champion Longhorns I mean THE National Champion because he won that game by himself).

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-22-2006, 09:01 PM
It would make sense for the Jets (a team with a history of making stupid picks) to take Cutler at number 4.

All Cutler has really proved so far is that he can throw hard. Other than that, he has bad mechanics and has been known to make some bad decisions. He has the potential to be great- but the same can be said for many QBs. Like Ive said before, AJ Feeley had a really good arm- but thats it and thats not enough.

And it is really beyond me when I hear these 'draft gurus' say that Culter should go before Leinart ( a proven winner with all the intangibles) and Vince Young (the NCAA National Champion, and no I dont mean the QB of the National Champion Longhorns I mean THE National Champion because he won that game by himself).
young has bad mechanics and has been known to make bad decisions. he won a national championship? so did ken dorsey and matt mauck.

Jnaledu3
02-22-2006, 09:14 PM
young has bad mechanics and has been known to make bad decisions. he won a national championship? so did ken dorsey and matt mauck.
Totally different.

Could have Lsu or Miami won a title with another QB? Yes.

Could Texas win a title without Vince Young? No.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Totally different.

Could have Lsu or Miami won a title with another QB? Yes.

Could Texas win a title without Vince Young? No.
yeah they could have. they were loaded with talent.

dm416
02-22-2006, 10:59 PM
yeah they could have. they were loaded with talent.

Did you see that game? He is a touchdown machine.

dm416
02-22-2006, 11:00 PM
I think we should sign Brees and maybe draft a QB in the later rounds, if we even graft a QB

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Did you see that game? He is a touchdown machine. so would anyone in that offense, against that defense.

playmaker1
02-23-2006, 02:44 AM
If he's still there. Tennessee likes him too. I don't see how the Jets could pass up on Brick, especially after cutting half their line.

this is true

playmaker1
02-23-2006, 02:50 AM

this makes me so happy