PDA

View Full Version : Final verdict on Madden '06

Marino2Clayton
02-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Now that you have hours and hours of gameplay under your belt, what do you think of its two main new features?
The vision cone?
Superstar mode?

Jt0323
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
to behonest Superstar mode got real boring real quick, but im glad they have it in cause i will lead to improvement next game

mor911
02-22-2006, 05:59 PM
The Mor's final verdict on Madden 06.... It's a disappointment. Very little improvement over 05... No competition = no good.

banzaitrey
02-22-2006, 07:18 PM
1. Vision code is pretty good...I like having to struggle to play with Frerotte or other average-below average qb...I think that this is really good
2. I tried this some but never really found interest in it...You can insert yourself as a starter automatically...I think that you should have to come n the game as a backup and play the games but when top guy goes down or plays bad the coach sticks you in

Pagan
02-23-2006, 02:51 PM
1. Don't use it.

2. Complete waste of time.

Alex44
02-23-2006, 02:54 PM
1- I love the vison cone it adds a lot

2- It needs to be majorly improved, the farthest I got was 3 weeks into the first regular season and got super board and started demanding trades untill no-one wanted me lol

AquaInferno
02-23-2006, 03:45 PM
The vision cone is great, turning it off only does a disservice to yourself because you can do a much better job placing passes than ever before, that was Madden's big improvement Mor, the passing and running upgrades. You know even with all the competitoin year to year Madden gets Minor tweaks, the PS2 and Xbox versions of Madden have reached their limit. Only argument could be lack of halftime shows. The superstar mode is alright, and that's about it, alright.

Agent51
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I like the vision cone, it forces you to almost think like a QB, which gets you involved more in the offense and forces you to basically know each reciever's routes for every play so you can look off and stuff like that.

I HATE superstar mode, it was a mediocre, gimmicky idea to begin with and they exectued it WRETCHEDLY. It needs a 200% overhaul or to be scrapped altogether.

mor911
02-23-2006, 06:15 PM
I agree that the vision cone was a great idea. It made offense (and defense) more realistic. Now DBs can actually read the QBs.... and get faked. But I still feel like there wasn't much more to madden than 05.

AquaInferno
02-23-2006, 06:44 PM
I agree that the vision cone was a great idea. It made offense (and defense) more realistic. Now DBs can actually read the QBs.... and get faked. But I still feel like there wasn't much more to madden than 05.
Year to year Maddens barely change, but if you compared 06 to 01, you couldn't help but notice the differences, the small changes add up over time. Besides if Madden was a dramatic change from year to year loyalists such as myself would have to figure out how to play again with each new addition. I prefer the minor changes yearly, and the BIG changes when new consoles come out, I'm sure other loyalists would agree with me. (Loyalist as in buys Madden every year regardless.)

phin-fan34MDH
02-23-2006, 09:33 PM
I love the cone! It makes it more real, you know. You have to look for recievers instead of just hurling it to one side or another reall fast w/out having to look. I also provides somewhat of a challenge to master the cone.

Superstar mode would be alot cooler if you tied it into the Franchise mode. Going through off-season and not being the GM sucks. I love to play GM. Other then that it's alright.

Anybody play online? PS2? I am currently looking for a good Madden06 gamer to play. If your that guy give me your screen name and I will add you to my friends list, then proceed to show you how to really play.

MillerTime
02-23-2006, 10:19 PM
superstar mode is a joke, the vision cone is cool ,but that is the only big change from 05, they really need to start improving their games

and 06 for 360 is horrible IMO

tylerdolphin
02-24-2006, 12:49 AM
2 Words:
TRUCK STICK!!!!

banzaitrey
02-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Hey my ea name is WveTrey add me and we can play sometime

Majpain
02-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Super star mode feels incomplete.EA half assed it big time.

Some minor examples.

During the offseason I get strange emails and phone call saying I was great in the movie.I'm thinking to myself wtf are these people talking about I was never in a movie.After each year I have got this twice each year in the offseason very strange.

Ronnieisabeast
02-25-2006, 10:37 PM
I like the idea of Superstar mode, but it needs to improve a bunch. You just play and practice.

backpacker
02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
1. Don't use it.

2. Complete waste of time.

What he said.