PDA

View Full Version : ***Combine Update Thread***

Motion
02-23-2006, 12:56 PM
So anybody have any news?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-23-2006, 12:58 PM
according to your sig nothing has really started yet.

Motion
02-23-2006, 01:00 PM
according to your sig nothing has really started yet.

:lol: Good call, I forgot the coverage didn't start til 2pm.

Oh well at least we'll have a thread ready.

playmaker1
02-23-2006, 01:46 PM
do we know whats on the schedule for today? a link?

Motion
02-23-2006, 01:50 PM
do we know whats on the schedule for today? a link?

Just interviews and press conferences. Maybe weigh-ins.

playmaker1
02-23-2006, 01:52 PM
thanks, I thought that was it, but never know. it is in indy

Motion
02-23-2006, 01:56 PM
thanks, I thought that was it, but never know. it is in indy

Yeah Indy, the actual drills don't start til Saturday.

arsenal
02-23-2006, 02:16 PM
weigh ins for RBs/OL/K were earlier today and now they are doing their wonderlics... some early reports can be found at nfl.com in the draft blog area...

reggie bush weighed in at only 201 lbs... :eek:

playmaker1
02-23-2006, 02:20 PM
thanks. Bush, wow, I heard he had bulked up too. crazy

t2thejz
02-23-2006, 02:22 PM
weigh ins for RBs/OL/K were earlier today and now they are doing their wonderlics... some early reports can be found at nfl.com in the draft blog area...

reggie bush weighed in at only 201 lbs... :eek:
I guess that doesnt suprise me. He never has looked very big. He can gain some weight, and probably will in training camp. I dont think that affects him going number 1

Motion
02-23-2006, 02:48 PM
No big surprise on Bush.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-23-2006, 03:19 PM
wonder what he did to gain that one pound :lol:.

t2thejz
02-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Bush may have be only 201 but he looked solid and extremly ripped. He never had any injury problems. I dont think its anything to worry about. Ferguson weighed in at 312 I think. I dont think his wieght is an issue either. Almost all of his weight is muscle. He looked strong and did not have the fat you typically see on a tackle

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-23-2006, 03:31 PM
i don't thinking adding weight would help bush out anyway. he's just a lean guy. adding weight will only slow him down and limit his agility.

ckparrothead
02-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Bush may have be only 201 but he looked solid and extremly ripped. He never had any injury problems. I dont think its anything to worry about. Ferguson weighed in at 312 I think. I dont think his wieght is an issue either. Almost all of his weight is muscle. He looked strong and did not have the fat you typically see on a tackle

I sort of view that as a negative. He looked ripped at 201 pounds...does that mean he doesn't have the frame to be able to add weight without losing speed?

I'm not high on Bush, personally.

Motion
02-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I sort of view that as a negative. He looked ripped at 201 pounds...does that mean he doesn't have the frame to be able to add weight without losing speed?

I agree 100%, I'm very interested to see what kind of role he is used in.

t2thejz
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM

I definitly don't think he does have the frame, but I dont think he needs the wieght.

phinfan_1
02-23-2006, 03:53 PM
there talking to Justice now.

Dolfan2788
02-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I think if Bush gets up to 205 he will be fine.
He has a very solid body and has been injury free, as long as whomever gets him doesn't use him like Gruden - Cadillac, he should be fine.

He'll get some injuries like every back but his versatility will go a long way and I think he can avoid the big hits. Blocking at his size will be an issue for him though with 250-260 lb rush backers coming at him.

ckparrothead
02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
I definitly don't think he does have the frame, but I dont think he needs the wieght.

Good point, either you think he can be successful at this weight or you do not...

BigDogsHunt
02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Good point, either you think he can be successful at this weight or you do not...

CK, he also measured at 5' 10". I dont think he has the height to add much more weight and not lose speed and agility. Agree that he is what he is and will succeed or fail based on that.

I think he will be himself and could even dominate for 10-12 games but its games 13 - 16 that the "weight" of the season may takes its toll. Especially in the first year.

I too am not high on him from a Texans perspective. I just think Ferguson would be the better acquistion. Whether thats at #1 overall or a trade down to the #3 or #4 I dont know.

I will be very surprised if when all said and done RB is actually a Texan and not DF.

HysterikiLL
02-23-2006, 09:53 PM
My sources tell me Jay Cutler just scored a 3 in the wonderlic test and has left the draft entirely in a fit of anger and frustration.

Okay, so that didn't really happen.

HysterikiLL
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Bush could run a 5 second 40 and still go first overall. It doesn't really matter for him anyway....and he's not even working out until pro days.

finfan54
02-23-2006, 10:40 PM

I love Bush. trimmed preferably.

Dolfan2788
02-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Bush could run a 5 second 40 and still go first overall. It doesn't really matter for him anyway....and he's not even working out until pro days.

I agree mostly with that.
I mean everyone has seen him burn college defenses and that electrifying speed, it's also been floating around that he is faster in pads.

But on the other hand it would be great to watch and see what his time is at the combine.

Danny
02-24-2006, 03:10 AM
So I guess the meat market has started.

Ozzy rules!!

Batman13
02-24-2006, 01:02 PM
CK, he also measured at 5' 10". I dont think he has the height to add much more weight and not lose speed and agility. Agree that he is what he is and will succeed or fail based on that.

I think he will be himself and could even dominate for 10-12 games but its games 13 - 16 that the "weight" of the season may takes its toll. Especially in the first year.

I too am not high on him from a Texans perspective. I just think Ferguson would be the better acquistion. Whether thats at #1 overall or a trade down to the #3 or #4 I dont know.

I will be very surprised if when all said and done RB is actually a Texan and not DF. I thought he measured a bit over 5'11". Either way, I do agree with you that he won't go to the texans, Especially with D'Brick bulking up to 312 (I was drooling when I heard that).

t2thejz
02-24-2006, 01:56 PM
He measured just under 5 11

arsenal
02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Until then, Bush -- whose numbers Thursday from the scale and tape measure session list him as 5-foot-11 3/4 and 201 pounds -- will focus on putting a few pounds on his compact frame. And getting his head straight for what's to come.

he came in practically 6 foot

LIQUID24
02-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Most reports said Bush was 5'11¾", 201 lbs.

NFL Total Access said he was 5'10 7/8", but I think it was a misprint.

Also, this past Monday, Peter King said something like "Most people don't know this, but Reggie Bush is 207 lbs. right now".

So much for that inside info, Peter.:lol:

GRAPEAPE
02-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Just read an article in BFS magazine(bigger faster stronger) it was an interview with USC strength coach, Carlisle is his last name. He stated that when Bush came to Usc he was 180lbs, and ran a 4.5-40, over his carrer there he put on 20 lbs of muscle, and ran an electronicly time 4.28-40. He went on tho state same of the lfits and weight Bush does. Benchpress 425 lbs, Squat 550lbs, power clean 330 lbs. That is EXTREMELY impressive for a guy that runs a 4.3 40, and only weighs 201 lbs.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 03:29 PM
saban is coming up guys to do an interview with the NFL network guys. should be fun.

LIQUID24
02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I thought Leinart came off well in his interview. Confident but not cocky.

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Just read an article in BFS magazine(bigger faster stronger) it was an interview with USC strength coach, Carlisle is his last name. He stated that when Bush came to Usc he was 180lbs, and ran a 4.5-40, over his carrer there he put on 20 lbs of muscle, and ran an electronicly time 4.28-40. He went on tho state same of the lfits and weight Bush does. Benchpress 425 lbs, Squat 550lbs, power clean 330 lbs. That is EXTREMELY impressive for a guy that runs a 4.3 40, and only weighs 201 lbs.

:eek: Very impressive

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:31 PM
saban is coming up guys to do an interview with the NFL network guys. should be fun.

Awesome, keep us updated!

GRAPEAPE
02-24-2006, 03:35 PM
:eek: Very impressiveHe is easly lb for lb the strongest guy on USC roster. That is 100% explosive power. There are O-lineman in the nfl that can't touch that power clean weight. Can you imagine Bush as a DB, a freaking bullet streaking across the field, and then whacking someone. I was blown away when I read that.

ps. I finally made it to the draft lounge:wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
saban interview:

- he's saying he's happy with frerotte, but THE MAIN PRIORITY is to get a QB of the future. the 2nd priority is for o-line and d-line.
- schecter asking "what do you want in a QB?" saban giving typical "a guy who gets the job done" answer. frerotte is the QB for right now he says, and he'll look for the QB of the future. asked about culpepper, just said he won't talk of a player under contract, but said culpepper and brees are good pro bowl players and they're someone you would be interested in if they were available.
- won't comment on the ricky williams deal. says he's supportive of him. says he's a great guy and hard worker.
- "what do you want to do this season?" #1 thing is to improve, not worried about super bowl window, etc etc. he did say that the goal is DEFINITELY the playoffs.

phinfan_1
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Saban said he backs Ricky 100%...he had nothing but good things to say about Ricky.

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:45 PM
He is easly lb for lb the strongest guy on USC roster. That is 100% explosive power. There are O-lineman in the nfl that can't touch that power clean weight. Can you imagine Bush as a DB, a freaking bullet streaking across the field, and then whacking someone. I was blown away when I read that.

ps. I finally made it to the draft lounge:wink:

No kidding!

Welcome! :wink:

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:46 PM
saban interview:

- he's saying he's happy with frerotte, but THE MAIN PRIORITY is to get a QB of the future. the 2nd priority is for o-line and d-line.
- schecter asking "what do you want in a QB?" saban giving typical "a guy who gets the job done" answer. frerotte is the QB for right now he says, and he'll look for the QB of the future. asked about culpepper, just said he won't talk of a player under contract, but said culpepper and brees are good pro bowl players and they're someone you would be interested in if they were available.
- won't comment on the ricky williams deal. says he's supportive of him. says he's a great guy and hard worker.
- "what do you want to do this season?" #1 thing is to improve, not worried about super bowl window, etc etc. he did say that the goal is DEFINITELY the playoffs.

Sweet!!!! :dolphins:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:23 PM
marcus vick is coming up to interview. can't wait!

daniel3
02-24-2006, 04:23 PM

Thats a bit too unbelievable. They'd have to send out video of him doing that.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:34 PM
cutler is having a press conference right now.

Motion
02-24-2006, 04:34 PM
cutler is having a press conference right now.

Glad I'm recording all this.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Glad I'm recording all this.
he's very cocky. i like it. some notes:

- talked about his mobility. says the league likes guys who can move around ini the pocket, not guys who take off with the ball and run (says it just doesn't work). says he ran option his first two years and had a good mixture of his yards gained from designed plays and from just scrambling.

- said he didn't see any reason why he wouldn't do eveything at the combine. was disappointed he didn't have the other top QBs to compete with.

- when asked if the tennessee game opened some eyes, he said no, that he pretty much solidified himself with his play before that.

- said he'll go to new york for the draft if invited.

Motion
02-24-2006, 04:45 PM

- talked about his mobility. says the league likes guys who can move around ini the pocket, not guys who take off with the ball and run (says it just doesn't work). says he ran option his first two years and had a good mixture of his yards gained from designed plays and from just scrambling.

- said he didn't see any reason why he wouldn't do eveything at the combine. was disappointed he didn't have the other top QBs to compete with.

- when asked if the tennessee game opened some eyes, he said no, that he pretty much solidified himself with his play before that.

Awesome, calling out Young and Leinart. I love it.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:47 PM
wow, deangelo williams is going to be a great interview in the NFL. very articulate and smart. didn't say any P.C. things. he's definitely got the right attitude.

BigDogsHunt
02-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Most reports said Bush was 5'11¾", 201 lbs.

NFL Total Access said he was 5'10 7/8", but I think it was a misprint.

Also, this past Monday, Peter King said something like "Most people don't know this, but Reggie Bush is 207 lbs. right now".

So much for that inside info, Peter.:lol:

Well, I would like some credible source to finally post the correct height of him then. NFL Network keeps listing him as 5' 10 7/8". But if he is 5' 11 3/4" that could equal another 10-15 lbs easily without perhaps losing one single step or agility.

It seems silly talking about 7/8" of an inch, but 1 inch in height means alot for carrying additonal body weight successfully and not fatiguing, etc.

But he did look totally ripped....anyone know what his body fat % measured?

t2thejz
02-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Culter did more Bench press reps than any of the other running backs. He did 23! Thats impressive

Dolfan2788
02-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Culter did more Bench press reps than any of the other running backs. He did 23! Thats impressive

Yeah, he is very athletic by the sounds of it.

He also looks compact at 6-2 225.

LIQUID24
02-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, I would like some credible source to finally post the correct height of him then. NFL Network keeps listing him as 5' 10 7/8". But if he is 5' 11 3/4" that could equal another 10-15 lbs easily without perhaps losing one single step or agility.

It seems silly talking about 7/8" of an inch, but 1 inch in height means alot for carry additonal body weight successfully and not fatiguing, etc.

But he did look totally ripped....anyone know what his body fat % measured?
No prob, I found 3:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9261805

Bush has been measured here at 5-foot-11¾ and 201 pounds. He has made a conscious effort to add some bulk to his frame because he knows that is an area of concern for some NFL teams. He is determined to make it less of an issue.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9261706

Those doubts arise because Bush measured in at 5-11¾ and weighed just 201 pounds, light for an every down back.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Scouting+Combine/2006/notebk022306.htm

QB Matt Leinart, Bush’s No. 1 partner-in-crime at USC, has basked in the limelight a lot more recently than the fleet-footed back who tipped the Combine scales at 201 with a height of 5-11¾.

Yeah he looked VERY ripped, he had nothing less than an 8-pack. Keep in mind he's gotten a little bigger and stronger every single year he's been at USC, without losing any speed or agility. I think he can handle about 210-215 lbs on his frame without losing too much explosiveness. But he'll gain that weight gradually, not right away.

I don't expect him to dominate as a rookie, he'll contribute big plays here and there, but I'm guessing he'll probably only get 15-17 touches as his body matures.

But by his 3rd year, when his body is filled out, he should be able to handle 25+ touches a game (say 20 carries + 5 catches). By then I think he'll prove to have been worthy of the hype.

Silverphin
02-24-2006, 10:09 PM

Jay Cutler is not ****ing around. I like his "I'm gonna get mine" attitude. He's not afraid of any fellow QB. He doesn't care if he wasn't featured in a bowl game. He knows he got skills. Cutler, keep on doing what you doing.

finfan54
02-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Awesome, calling out Young and Leinart. I love it.

I know you Cutler lovers will like his attitude, but I am here to tell you right now, that is a bit much of a mouth when you havent done anything in college let alone the pros to even talk like that.

How do you talk about mobility and then put down running with the ball? I dont know people.........the cockiness is not a good thing. Trust me, the NFL is going to wipe that cockiness right out of his brain.

You dont hear championship QB's like VY and Leinert talk like that. Im glad we dont have a chance at him now.

finfan54
02-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Jay Cutler is not ****ing around. I like his "I'm gonna get mine" attitude. He's not afraid of any fellow QB. He doesn't care if he wasn't featured in a bowl game. He knows he got skills. Cutler, keep on doing what you doing.

this is the combine for crying out loud. :confused:

Silverphin
02-24-2006, 10:17 PM
I know you Cutler lovers will like his attitude, but I am here to tell you right now, that is a bit much of a mouth when you havent done anything in college let alone the pros to even talk like that.

How do you talk about mobility and then put down running with the ball? I dont know people.........the cockiness is not a good thing. Trust me, the NFL is going to wipe that cockiness right out of his brain.

You dont hear championship QB's like VY and Leinert talk like that. Im glad we dont have a chance at him now.

Simple.

Big Ben of the Steelers is mobile. He's shown that. Does he run with it unless it's a designed play? Nope.

I think that is what Jay Cutler is getting at.

As for the him being cocky? Well, maybe he is being cocky. But Jay Cutler's the underdog. Maybe he's trying to let his Draft rivals know he is not going to lie down.

Coral Reefer
02-25-2006, 01:12 AM

Personally I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill. I see nothing wrong with his confidence. You want a QB that has confidence. Confidence is a key aspect of a leader and QB's need to be leaders right?

No one knows which QB prospect will have the NFL "wipe that cockiness right out of their brains" but at least you know he has confidence. The ones that make it in the NFL will carry themselves through the transition of QB'ing in the NFL by holding onto that type of confidence.

Cutler, Leinart, Young, all or none of them may make it big in the NFL and I don't see any way you can see Cutler's confidence as a negative clue to his future sucess in the league. If anything it's a positive.

Not to mention that he was right on with his comments on the running QB's.

BigDogsHunt
02-25-2006, 10:08 AM
www.nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com) has video highlights of Day 1 and Day 2 posted (approx. 2 hr recaps of each day). Day 2 is Sabans in studio interview.

Also, if this year is like last year, I expect LIVE streaming video/audio to be available starting at 11am today.

I know the NFL Network TV will have it live, but the website did as well last year:

Saturday, Feb. 25
11 a.m. ET -- Workouts: Offensive linemen and running backs (LIVE) (re-airs 8 PM ET/PT)
2 p.m. ET -- NFL Scouting Combine press conferences (LIVE)
7 p.m. ET/PT -- NFL Total Access from the Scouting Combine
Sunday, Feb. 26
11 a.m. -- Workouts: Quarterbacks, wide receivers, running backs (LIVE) (re-airs 8 PM ET/PT)
2 p.m. ET -- NFL Scouting Combine press conferences (LIVE)
7 p.m. ET/PT -- NFL Total Access from the Scouting Combine

phinfan_1
02-25-2006, 12:01 PM
combine is on now.

Motion
02-25-2006, 12:15 PM

And you Cutler haters will say anything to knock him. Get over it, confidence is a good thing.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-25-2006, 01:34 PM
the cockiness is not a good thing. Trust me, the NFL is going to wipe that cockiness right out of his brain.

You dont hear championship QB's like VY and Leinert talk like that.
ben roethlisberger disagrees. he's as cocky as you'll find in the NFL.

and young is cocky, too. so is leinart. they're all cocky, just not as vocal about it as cutler.

Mile High Fin
02-25-2006, 01:59 PM
wonder what he did to gain that one pound :lol:.

:lol:
Drank a big glass of water right before weigh-in...

Silverphin
02-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Drank a big glass of water right before weigh-in...

Funny, I thought he had a few quarter pounders with cheese along the way.

BigDogsHunt
02-25-2006, 02:03 PM
The Combine weight lifting motivator is freaking funny (John Lott?)...he totally motivates and comes up with funny comments.

My favorite was when he saw a kid with a Mullet he says "I see that mullet, good look, yeah that will come back in style soon"....."ok, meathead lets do this".

:sidelol:

Motion
02-25-2006, 02:05 PM
The Combine weight lifting motivator is freaking funny (John Lott?)...he totally motivates and comes up with funny comments.

My favorite was when he saw a kid with a Mullet he says "I see that mullet, good look, yeah that will come back in style soon"....."ok, meathead lets do this".

:sidelol:

I like when he called Lutui from USC Pochahontas. :lol:

Silverphin
02-25-2006, 02:05 PM

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-25-2006, 02:16 PM
i believe that was matua.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-25-2006, 02:19 PM
joseph addai just ran an unofficial 4.41

Motion
02-25-2006, 02:21 PM
i believe that was matua.

One of them USC guys. whoever :D

BigDogsHunt
02-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Mangold (C - Ohio St) was solid at every drill done. Set a pb with 24 reps. Ran just over 5.0 and looked quick with hips and feets for a 300lb body.

Motion
02-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Man, Maurice Drew's lower body looks like a tree trunk.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-25-2006, 02:31 PM
i love it when it takes like 10 tries for these guys to just get setup to run.

Motion
02-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I still think everyone should have to do the drills at the combine. I'd love to see all the top guys head to head.

LIQUID24
02-25-2006, 03:48 PM
I was REALLY impressed by Nick Mangold today. I always knew he was strong and physical, but I didn't think he was this athletic. Looked real smooth in all the drills. He has to be a serious candidate for our 2nd round pick, if he's there.

Eric Winston, who I'm not a huge fan of, looked real good too. He looked a lot more athletic than he did on tape.

Joseph Addai had a real good day as well.

Alex44
02-25-2006, 03:52 PM
I missed most of it

I only caught the end with the Running Back 40 yard times and drills

Did the recievers run 40's today?

LIQUID24
02-25-2006, 03:54 PM
WR's work out tommorrow.

Alex44
02-25-2006, 03:56 PM
WR's work out tommorrow.

Thanks

The WR's are the ones im most looking forward to so im glad I didnt miss

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:05 PM
jay cutler's first 40 was unofficially a 4.86. he's coming up next.

LIQUID24
02-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Bump^

Day 2 is starting right now. Unfortunately I have to go to work soon. :(

Edit: Juan beat me.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:06 PM
2nd run unofficially was 4.75.

edit: croyle's 2nd run was 4.95. i'll update on other possible miami draftees.

bruce gradkowski: 4.63 (appears to be the fastest one here, surprising to me)
darrell hackney: 4.87
tavarius jackson: 4.69 (mayock compared him to cleo lemon)
omar jacobs: 4.83

LIQUID24
02-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Not a bad time. Right around the Alex Smith area last year I believe.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:17 PM
cutler about to start throwing the ball.

edit: nm, it was just a tease. the WR's are up to run their 40s. this could be interesting as well.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:24 PM
jeremy bloom just ran an unofficial 4.49.

LIQUID24
02-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Bloom runs an unofficial 4.49

Marino Forever
02-26-2006, 12:28 PM
jeremy bloom just ran an unofficial 4.49.

Didn't someone have in their sig that he would run a 4.2 at the combine? Either that was a bunch of crap or he ran a really bad time.

arsenal
02-26-2006, 12:28 PM
thanks guys, keep posting up these times, stupid *** no NFL network from my cable provider...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:29 PM
marques colston: unofficial 4.43. excellent time for a big posession guy.
skyler green: 4.50
derek hagan: 4.45

LIQUID24
02-26-2006, 12:32 PM
4.45 for Derek Hagan. Better than I thought.

Motion
02-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I wanna see what moss gets.

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 12:35 PM
marques colston: unofficial 4.43. excellent time for a big posession guy.

Colston from Hofstra? Dude is 6' 4" 230lbs isnt he...that is amazing.

LIQUID24
02-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Mike Hass runs an unofficial 4.61. No surprise there. Possesion guy.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:37 PM
one of my favorite guys in this draft, mike hass runs a 4.61. it's unfortunate because he reminds me of michael clayton 2 years ago. just can't time his speed in the 40 to get an accurate look at his game speed.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:38 PM
I wanna see what moss gets. chad jackson just ran a 4.37! not bad. i'd say that helps his stock just a tad.

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Chad Jackson unofficial 4.37....wow

LIQUID24
02-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Wow..

Amars
Jackson is ripped. Good 40

Motion
damm I missed it! Glad I'm recording it.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Jackson is ripped. Good 40
a body like terrell owens.

Motion
02-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Wow CJ lit it up. Shaved his head too. Made Mayock look like a dumbazz.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:45 PM
bloom's 2nd 40-time was 4.49.

Motion
02-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Where's Boik at? Telling me Chad Jackson wasn't even a top 5 WR cause he was too slow.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Where's Boik at? Telling me Chad Jackson wasn't even a top 5 WR cause he was too slow.
with holmes skipping the combine, jackson could end up being the 1st WR taken.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:54 PM
hass's second time: 4.62. it'd be nice to get him in the later rounds.

jackson's 2nd time: 4.29 WOW

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 12:54 PM
jackson's 2nd time: 4.29 WOW

LOL....dear lord!

Motion
02-26-2006, 12:57 PM
one of my favorite guys in this draft, mike hass runs a 4.61. it's unfortunate because he reminds me of michael clayton 2 years ago. just can't time his speed in the 40 to get an accurate look at his game speed.

Sounds very familiar

Motion
02-26-2006, 12:58 PM
with holmes skipping the combine, jackson could end up being the 1st WR taken.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Call me a homer but I think he's the top WR anyway.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Call me a homer but I think he's the top WR anyway.
let's see how he does in the receving drills.

Motion
02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
let's see how he does in the receving drills.

Yeah, I know he's got the hands, I've seen that for the last 2 years. His speed was probably the biggest unknown.

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I know he's got the hands, I've seen that for the last 2 years. His speed was probably the biggest unknown.

Yeah, he tore up the Skills Competition a few weeks ago...sweet hands.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:06 PM
good job by jackson on the over-the-shoulder catch.

Dolfan4life34
is sinorice moss runnig or no i was watching and didnt see him

BigDogsHunt
is sinorice moss runnig or no i was watching and didnt see him

No, pro day only

Motion
02-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Cutler can't even try to throw a bad ball. :D

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:09 PM
cutler threw to chad jackson there.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:13 PM
jackson's best official time was 4.32.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:17 PM
mike hass made this drill look easy. it's his speciality.

Motion
02-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Where's Brandon Marshall????

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Where's Brandon Marshall????
that'll be in the next group. they only went A-J.

jackson had a lot of problems weaving on that drill.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
omar jacobs' mechanics appear to be much better than what he showed at bowling green. still need improving, though.

Motion
02-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I love watching him throw.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 01:39 PM
cutler absolutely perfect with the first dig route. feet weren't right on the 2nd one, and the pass was off.

WelcomeBack
02-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I would love to see that last combo here in Miami :). Jacobs to Green. Jacobs has improved his mechanics.

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Croyle and Cutler are dueling out there....both look very solid.

t2thejz
02-26-2006, 02:00 PM
That QB froms Furman looks the best

sodenj5
02-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Jacobs has made every throw thus far, but even the guys on the network keep saying they can't quite get past his motion.

super_slash
02-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Mayock should just go out there and fellate Cutler

Cutler's arm will cure pancreatic cancer next

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 02:09 PM

:shakeno:

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 02:10 PM
That QB froms Furman looks the best

??? name or #?

For me, QB's #2 (Oregon), #3 (Croyle), and #4 (Cutler) have been on their A Game.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 02:11 PM
??? name or #?

For me, QB's #2 (Oregon), #3 (Croyle), and #4 (Cutler) have been on their A Game.
ingle martin.

clemens has been very good with his throws. cutler has as well, but had some misfires, too.

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
ingle martin.

clemens has been very good with his throws. cutler has as well, but had some misfires, too.

Yes, would agree that Martin has represented very well. thanks.

GRAPEAPE
02-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, would agree that Martin has represented very well. thanks.didn't Ingle Martin originally go to Florida? I thought he was mad about playing behind Grossman and sat out a year?

finfan54
02-26-2006, 02:25 PM

that aint no lie. Cutler should give Mayock 1% of his new contract.

super_slash
02-26-2006, 02:28 PM
mayock brought up an interesting point on Jacobs

"Phillip Rivers came into the draft with a worse delivery and was the 4th pick in the draft"

fins2923
02-26-2006, 02:29 PM
How does Mayock bring up Cutler when talking to Cowher? I think Cutler is a great prospect but Mayock's ridiculous.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 02:33 PM
How does Mayock bring up Cutler when talking to Cowher? I think Cutler is a great prospect but Mayock's ridiculous.
well a lot of people are watching just to see cutler, so asking the super bowl champion's head coach about him makes sense.

Alex44
02-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Havnt been home all day

Did the recievers run 40's and does anyone have the times if they did?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Havnt been home all day

Did the recievers run 40's and does anyone have the times if they did?
chad jackson-4.32
jeremy bloom-4.5 (i think)

BigDogsHunt
02-26-2006, 02:52 PM
chad jackson-4.32

Yup, a few others like 3 or 4 ran between them, but that was only the 1st group of WR's....the 2nd group is coming on now.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 02:57 PM
brandon marshall's 1st time - 4.50

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 02:59 PM
sinorice moss's 1st time - 4.34

musphinzfan
02-26-2006, 02:59 PM

Very nice....This guy has got soemthing there....Very suprised with the times they seem fast for every1...Jackson was impressive.

Motion
02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I love that Jackson was faster than Moss.

Itsdahumidity
02-26-2006, 03:44 PM

And that's why we have to somehow steal him in the 3rd, but IMO if he catches everything in the drills (stupid Total Access) he won't last past the 2nd.

UncleJamFinFan
02-26-2006, 04:31 PM

more like 5% -- geez. pump-pump-pump.

FinNasty
02-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Do any of you know what time the WRs and QBs will be re-airing tonight?

dolfan72734me
02-26-2006, 04:47 PM
omar jacobs' mechanics appear to be much better than what he showed at bowling green. still need improving, though.
Jacobs is someone I would really be interested in for the later rounds.

Alex44
02-26-2006, 04:52 PM
chad jackson-4.32

4.5 for Bloom wow thats suprising, he is one of the fastest people I have ever seen

WelcomeBack
02-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Brandon Marshall can really jump too.

FinNasty
02-26-2006, 04:55 PM
a 4.5 flat for Brandon Marshall is HUGE for his stock... He could sneak into the first day...

Dolfan2788
02-26-2006, 05:15 PM
4.5 for Bloom wow thats suprising, he is one of the fastest people I have ever seen

Not really to me, if he has individual workouts I think he could get around 4.25, 4.5 with jetlag and just competed in the olympics is ok.

He's in skiing shape, at his height it's probably not best to ski in football shape because he would be too heavy.

HysterikiLL
02-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I think Bloom can run faster than a 4.5 but maybe being out of football for 2 years will show.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 05:23 PM
more like 5% -- geez. pump-pump-pump.
vince young should give ESPN 20% of his contract.

Dolfan2788
02-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I think after today's performance and us showing interest in Jackson, that if we get Brees, he might be a possibility at 16.

Although his stick will be very high after this and could see him going to the Eagles.

PhinsRDbest
02-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Yup and if Cutler turns out to be a bust Mayock should be tarred and feathered.

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Day 3 starting.

A few times they mentioned:

Vernon Davis 4.38

Leonard Pope 4.62

Mercedes Lewis 4.79

Motion
02-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Day 3 starting.

A few times they mentioned:

Vernon Davis 4.38

Leonard Pope 4.62

Mercedes Lewis 4.79

Wow pretty quick for a big guy like Pope.

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Man Broderick Bunkley is one scaring looking dude.

Runs a 4.99, and don't forget he lifted the 225 bar 44 times.

Motion
02-27-2006, 12:29 PM

:eek:

Alex44
02-27-2006, 12:30 PM

I was thinking that, he looked like the Damn Incredible hulk, he has 0 fat on him, its all muscle

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 thats just crazy for a TE

Chad Jackson looked amazing to the other day

Canadi-Phin
02-27-2006, 12:34 PM
4.38 for Davis. That's just unreal, WOW.

Bunkley running a 4.99, I'm surprised he could stop himself before he ran through the wall. That guy is a monster.

Any other times for the Defensive guys? I'm at work so I don't get to watch any of this stuff.

phinfan_1
02-27-2006, 12:37 PM
they still all have one more shot at improving there times.

CD13
02-27-2006, 01:08 PM
:eek:

The only thing I can lift 44 times is a 40 ounce of beer.

Motion
02-27-2006, 01:52 PM
When does Cromartie run? Tomorrow?

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah, defensive backs run tommorrow.

Motion
02-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah, defensive backs run tommorrow.

Cool thanks

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Some more unofficial times:

Mathias Kiwanuka 4.74

Manny Lawson 4.41 (DAMN) :eek:

Jonathan Lewis 5.01

23Dolphins34
02-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Manny Lawson ran his first 40 yard run at 4.41

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Ngata runs an unofficial 5.20

Motion
02-27-2006, 02:35 PM

:eek: Very nice

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-27-2006, 02:38 PM
i wonder if the new turf in the RCA Dome has anything to do with some of these times?

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 02:40 PM
The overall 40 times do seem faster than last year.

PhinSoldia
02-27-2006, 02:41 PM
i wonder if the new turf in the RCA Dome has anything to do with some of these times?

it does

Itsdahumidity
02-27-2006, 02:43 PM

:jumper:
Trade down!
Trade down!
Trade down!
Trade down!

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Some big names here.

Gabe Watson runs an unofficial 5.29

Mario Williams with a 4.76 (not bad)

Kyle Williams with a 5.12

Kamerion Wimbley with a 4.63 Edit: I Messed up his name the first time.

Rod Wright runs a 5.12

Claude Wroten does not run.

Kiwanuka runs a 4.73 on his 2nd try.

23Dolphins34
02-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Manny Lawson's second 40 time was 4.45

Canadi-Phin
02-27-2006, 03:06 PM
The more I hear about Lawson the more I really wouldn't mind us drafting him at 16. Right now the five I like would be Lawson, Cromartie, Watson, Justice, and Simpson bonus pick would be Williams. Each seem very talented and gifted athletes who would feel a need for us. Lawson and JT coming off the edges gives me goosebumps. Watson, Roth, and Wright as our front three of the future sounds good. Anyone who upgrades our secondary makes me smile. :D Life is good as a Fin fan right now

Dolfan2788
02-27-2006, 03:37 PM
:jumper:
Trade down!
Trade down!
Trade down!
Trade down!

If anything we will have to trade up to get him, he will be burning bright red on the Browns radar now.

Itsdahumidity
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
If anything we will have to trade up to get him, he will be burning bright red on the Browns radar now.

I disagree.
LBs Hawk & Greenway and DTs Brodrick Bunkley & Gabe Watson will more than likely be on their radar @ twelve. I think Romeo believes he can do better than Jason Fisk at NT/DT.

Anyway, I say trade down b/c I don't see the other teams around us MIN, DAL, SD and KC taking a DE/OLB with their 1st. Even if it's just to move down one spot, getting an extra pick is always beneficial.

GRAPEAPE
02-28-2006, 11:31 AM
I disagree.
LBs Hawk & Greenway and DTs Brodrick Bunkley & Gabe Watson will more than likely be on their radar @ twelve. I think Romeo believes he can do better than Jason Fisk at NT/DT.

Anyway, I say trade down b/c I don't see the other teams around us MIN, DAL, SD and KC taking a DE/OLB with their 1st. Even if it's just to move down one spot, getting an extra pick is always beneficial.We could use a 5th and 6th, Gonna be some good value in those rounds.

Itsdahumidity
02-28-2006, 11:36 AM
[/b]We could use a 5th and 6th, Gonna be some good value in those rounds.

No doubt Grape. As long as we stay ahead of the pats @ 21

gravyfries
02-28-2006, 12:25 PM
anybody going to watch the combine today? what time do they start? would love to get some updates, as i am at work...

Motion
02-28-2006, 12:30 PM
anybody going to watch the combine today? what time do they start? would love to get some updates, as i am at work...

On now, started at 11am. DBs run today. Someone please post Cromartie's results ASAP!

Finsfan79
02-28-2006, 12:35 PM
If Bobby Carpenter works today can I get an update on him? My live feed is down here at work hehehe. So I cant watch today

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-28-2006, 12:36 PM
i'd like to get michael huff's results as well.

Finsfan79
02-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Bunkley is far past watson now I think

Lawson is amazing I really like this kid.

I need a carpenter update if possible, I want to know how this kid does hmm.

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Gravy, you read my mind.

I'm at work as whell but am very curious as to who out of the rest of the LBs run and how the Dbs run, especially curious about Cromartie. Any updates would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance:cooldude:

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Ok I'm a little behind right now, but here's some unofficial times:

AJ Hawk 4.62

Chad Greenway 4.74

AJ Nicholson 4.87

D'Qwell Jackson 4.78

Thomas Howard 4.42

Ernie Sims 4.5

Bobby Carpenter did not work out.

Geforce
02-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Some of the times posted this morning.
AJ Hawk, Ohio State 4.62
Chad Greenway, Iowa 4.74
Ernie Sims, Florida State 4.50
Thomas Howard, UTEP 4.42
Jon Alston, Stanford 4.40
Brandon Johnson, Louisville 4.44 (will probably be moved to SS or be asked to put on some weight to play LB)

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Nice time by Howard, this guy seems to be climbing some charts. He has some nice size and had good coverage in the senior bowl, great catch over him though in the game.

Motion
02-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Wow, some fast LBs out there.

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Hawk was slower than I expected. He seems to play alot faster than that. Same with Greenway. Sims just seems to small to me to play LB, he could lose some weight and play safety ala Michael Boulware, though he does have some great instincts.

Wow FSU had some great Defenders this year, Sims, Nicholson, Bunkley, Watkins, Cromartie (hurt unfortunately). Nothing like Ohio State but still some great talent.

Motion
02-28-2006, 12:44 PM
As soon as they work out, could someone please post Cromartie, Huff, and Simpson's info?

Thanks

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Hawk was slower than I expected. He seems to play alot faster than that. Same with Greenway.

I agree. They both looked pretty good in drills though.

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Well that's good, probably more important in the long run. being quick helps but having the lateral movement is just as important.

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Cromartie 4.49 40 first run.

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 01:26 PM
All times unofficial:

Jason Allen (Tenn) runs a 4.42 (nice)

Darnell Bing will not run.

Greg Blue (Georgia) runs a 4.7 Note: He stumbled a little

Daniel Bullocks (Nebraska) runs a 4.41

Antonio Cromartie (FSU) runs 4.49

Motion
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Wow, great time for Allen.

Who does Bing think he is? He should be doing everything possible.

Kinda dissapointing for Cromartie.

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow, great time for Allen.

Who does Bing think he is? He should be doing everything possible.

Kinda dissapointing for Cromartie.

Keep in mind that the "official" times tend to be faster than the unofficial times this year.

Alex44
02-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Im glad Cromartie ran a little slower than thought, better chance he is there when we pick

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
More times:

Charles Gordon (Kansas) runs a 4.53

Cedric Griffin (Tex) runs a 4.52

Devin Hester (Miami) runs a 4.45 (disappointing)

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Tye Hill 4.37 40 first run.

Motion
02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Devin Hester (Miami) runs a 4.45 (disappointing)

:lol: Sorry I just find that funny.

Alex44
02-28-2006, 01:37 PM
:lol: Sorry I just find that funny.

Not sure whats funny about that :confused:

I was expecting Hester to run about a 4.36 or so

Alex44
02-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I hope Huff runs a 6.0 now and falls to us :lol:

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Micheal Huff 4.37 40 first run.

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Huff runs a 4.37 (daaamn)

Alex44
02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Darrel Hunter 4.41 unofficial

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Kelly Jennings 4.40 40

arsenal
02-28-2006, 01:41 PM
damn huff is sick... i wish somehow he falls to us, anyhow, please...

Alex44
Kelly Jennings 4.40 40

He could be a steal for someone in the draft

Spicy Henne
Micheal Huff 4.37 40 first run.

guaranteed top ten pick now

just got himself a few extra IHOPs

Motion
02-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Not sure whats funny about that :confused:

I was expecting Hester to run about a 4.36 or so

Exactly, everyone talks about his blazing speed.

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Jason Allen 4.42 final run.

Motion
02-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Jason Allen 4.42 final run.

Pretty good for someone who had hip problems. Would love to see him still there in the 3rd.

Alex44
02-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Exactly, everyone talks about his blazing speed.

I still think he is faster than he ran I mean Chad Johnson ran a 4.5 and he is a very fast WR now, so 40's can be deceiving

Maybe he is only that fast though, I dont know but I was expecting more

Crowder52
02-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Im glad Cromartie ran a little slower than thought, better chance he is there when we pick

From what I have read from everyone who loves Cromartie on this site, his "Olympic 4.3 speed" is one of the main reasons why he is so beloved, amongst his other "out of world measurables." He ran a 4.5 at the combine, mediocre speed at best for a CB. And now we are glad he ran slow so we have a better chance to draft him? :sidelol: A rational person would think a 4.5 is indicative of the fact that the people on this board have him a little overrated. 2nd round pick if at all for us, IMO. Michael Huff sure seems to be the embodiment of speed and size the Phins need at the position. Of course, after posting that time, there is no way he's there at 16.

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Cromartie 4.58 40 final run.

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Cromartie runs a 4.58 on his 2nd try (OUCH)

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Greg Blue 4.62 40 final run

Alex44
02-28-2006, 01:59 PM
From what I have read from everyone who loves Cromartie on this site, his "Olympic 4.3 speed" is one of the main reasons why he is so beloved, amongst his other "out of world measurables." He ran a 4.5 at the combine, mediocre speed at best for a CB. And now we are glad he ran slow so we have a better chance to draft him? :sidelol: A rational person would think a 4.5 is indicative of the fact that the people on this board have him a little overrated. 2nd round pick if at all for us, IMO. Michael Huff sure seems to be the embodiment of speed and size the Phins need at the position. Of course, after posting that time, there is no way he's there at 16.

Cromartie had a major injury and I dont think he is 100% yet

We will have to see what he runs in his pro day at Florida state

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Devin Hester runs a 4.44 on his 2nd try.

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Tye Hill 4.36 40 final run.

Motion
02-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Devin Hester runs a 4.44 on his 2nd try.

Pretty disappointing.

phinfan_1
Micheal Huff 4.36 40 final run.

Motion
I still think he is faster than he ran I mean Chad Johnson ran a 4.5 and he is a very fast WR now, so 40's can be deceiving

Maybe he is only that fast though, I dont know but I was expecting more

Jackson has the fastest time at the combine, 4.32

LIQUID24
Michael Huff with a 4.36

Alex44
02-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Jackson has the fastest time at the combine, 4.32

No No not chad jackson this year

Chad Johnson a few years ago

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 02:10 PM
SUCKS. I was hoping Huff would run a 4.5 or something like that.

Motion
02-28-2006, 02:11 PM
No No not chad jackson this year

Chad Johnson a few years ago

My bad, misread.

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Kelly Jennings 4.37 40 final run.

Motion
02-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Kelly Jennings 4.37 40 final run.

Wow, impressive

Itsdahumidity
02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Pretty good for someone who had hip problems. Would love to see him still there in the 3rd.

Me too but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Motion
02-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Me too but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Yeah I know.

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't even be upset by taking Allen in the 2nd at 51. He has great size and apparently is a great athlete. Put up a good 40, if he medically clears he would be a great pick up in the 2nd. He'd help fill out our defensive backfield.

Kyfinsfan
02-28-2006, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't even be upset by taking Allen in the 2nd at 51. He has great size and apparently is a great athlete. Put up a good 40, if he medically clears he would be a great pick up in the 2nd. He'd help fill out our defensive backfield.

Depending on what we do wiht our #1 & FA - agreed.

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Depending on what we do wiht our #1 & FA - agreed.

True enough. If we take Ko Simpson or Williams in the first then obviously we look at another position or if we sign someone like Chris Hope in the FA then we can probably look at another position. Nice to have some options though.

phinfan_1
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Tye Hill official time in the 40 4.30

Motion
02-28-2006, 02:59 PM

:eek: Wow

Alex44
02-28-2006, 03:16 PM

I wish he was a few inches taller

But wow thats amazing

Crowder52
02-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Cromartie had a major injury and I dont think he is 100% yet

We will have to see what he runs in his pro day at Florida state

Totally agree with you about him not being 100%. Obviously he was faster than 4.58 before the injury. But that's just the point...how fast is this guy now? Will he get back to the speed he was once at? Just seems risky to me, especially for a 1st rounder.

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 03:32 PM
How about the times put up by Jonathan Joseph. Draftdaddy.com is saying he rana 4.31. Nice time. How big is this kid?

Canadi-Phin
02-28-2006, 03:36 PM
NFL.com has Cromartie runnign 4.39. Brandt said it. http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9273222

dolfan72734me
02-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Some big names here.

Gabe Watson runs an unofficial 5.29

Mario Williams with a 4.76 (not bad)

Kyle Williams with a 5.12

Kamerion Wimbley with a 4.63 Edit: I Messed up his name the first time.

Rod Wright runs a 5.12

Claude Wroten does not run.

Kiwanuka runs a 4.73 on his 2nd try.
I would love to see how Manny Wright would compare if he was at the combine.

dolfan72734me
02-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Is Jimmy Williams participating. I haven't really heard anything on him.

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 03:53 PM
I would love to see how Manny Wright would compare if he was at the combine.
He actually did have a personal workout before the supplemental draft. I believe he ran in the 4.9's if I remember correctly. Pretty impressive considering he wasn't in shape at the time (he weighed like 330).

And no, I didn't hear anything about Jimmy Williams. He was one of the guys I was excited to see. I guess he didn't work out.

Dolfan2788
02-28-2006, 04:01 PM
There's some official times from today, doesn't say anything about Cromartie's official time.

HysterikiLL
02-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Boy did Antonio Cromartie choke it up. 4.58? Whooop, there it is.

Geforce
02-28-2006, 08:27 PM
How about the times put up by Jonathan Joseph. Draftdaddy.com is saying he rana 4.31. Nice time. How big is this kid?
Not sure of his official height and weight but he was listed at 5'11" 187