PDA

View Full Version : Leinart thinks he is amazing lol

TAK
02-24-2006, 03:23 PM
He said he is a winner and that he is a Tom Brady type lol. I don't think he will have a very good career to be honest. Most first round QBs don't because they can't handle being on a losing team.

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:31 PM
He said he is a winner and that he is a Tom Brady type lol. I don't think he will have a very good career to be honest. Most first round QBs don't because they can't handle being on a losing team.

Thats a terrible statment to make.

Boomer
02-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Tak, you couldn't be more wrong about Leinart. He's a franchise passer, with just beautiful touch and he IS a winner. He has a Brady-like arm. He's going to be a very fine NFL QB.

TAK
02-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Tak, you couldn't be more wrong about Leinart. He's a franchise passer, with just beautiful touch and he IS a winner. He has a Brady-like arm. He's going to be a very fine NFL QB.I won't hold my breath. You may be right and I may just be flat out wrong but given the history of the draft and all the next big things most don't pan out. See Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Michael Vick(most overrated player ever), Alex Smith(he isn't looked at as a bust yet but give it two years. If you watched any of his games you would realize it now). For the tons of first rounders who don't pan out there ARE the few that do. Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. I just think Leinart will be a bust but if he isn't then go him.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
yes but you think leinart will be a bust based on nothing. you just chose to think he'll be a bust.

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I won't hold my breath. You may be right and I may just be flat out wrong but given the history of the draft and all the next big things most don't pan out. See Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Michael Vick(most overrated player ever), Alex Smith(he isn't looked at as a bust yet but give it two years. If you watched any of his games you would realize it now). For the tons of first rounders who don't pan out there ARE the few that do. Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. I just think Leinart will be a bust but if he isn't then go him.

Thats a very narrow minded point of view.

TAK
02-24-2006, 03:55 PM
yes but you think leinart will be a bust based on nothing. you just chose to think he'll be a bust.Here are the reasons I think here will be a bust:

1. He had tons of talent around him, a great running game, and an extremely solid line and without the running game or line then he will be up the river without a paddle.

2.In the Rose Bowl when USC played against a good defense for once Leinart struggled and he was unable to right the ship and win.

3. I don't really think he is a very good leader like Vince young is.

Like Saban says, "Many players have the great athleticism and arm needed to be successful but just aren't leaders. You need a leader at quarterback."

So that is why I think he will be a bust.

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:56 PM

Based on what?!?!

TAK
02-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Based on what?!?!Based on his performance in the Rose Bowl. Had he stepped up and been a leader they would have won. Instead he relied on Bush and White to do all the work.

Motion
02-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Based on his performance in the Rose Bowl. Had he stepped up and been a leader they would have won. Instead he relied on Bush and White to do all the work.

So your basing that statement on one game, which the situation called for passing, not running. He did not rely on Bush and White, who by the way was playing very well.

Vertical Limit
02-24-2006, 03:59 PM
LMAO. Vince Young was a one man show, and Matt Leinart was a pocket passer making everyone around him better.

Matt Leinart is far a better leader than Vince Young.

Someone give this guy the USC vs Notre Dame video.

TAK
02-24-2006, 04:03 PM
So your basing that statement on one game, which the situation called for passing, not running. He did not rely on Bush and White, who by the way was playing very well.Yes this is based on the game that he gave up millions of dollars and going to the NFL as a number one pick for right after he won the Heisman for. Any game that you postpone/give up that much for should be a win especially if you are the second coming of Tom Brady or whatever everyone thinks he is.

daniel3
02-24-2006, 04:04 PM
LMAO. Vince Young was a one man show, and Matt Leinart was a pocket passer making everyone around him better.

Why not the USC vs Texas video :j?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Based on his performance in the Rose Bowl. Had he stepped up and been a leader they would have won. Instead he relied on Bush and White to do all the work.
he was 38-2 and as a starter. he's stepped up before. they threw the ball more in the 2nd half than in the 1st. bush didn't do much work at all in the 2nd half.

daniel3
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
he was 38-2 and as a starter. he's stepped up before. they threw the ball more in the 2nd half than in the 1st. bush didn't do much work at all in the 2nd half.

If you're referring to the rose bowl, then Bush's best half was the 2nd.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:07 PM
If you're referring to the rose bowl, then Bush's best half was the 2nd.
he had a TD, but the team didn't "rely" on him for the offense.

TAK
02-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I am not going to debate this I am just stating what I think. If he ends up being Jesus' Quarterback then I will apologize right here. If he ends up sucking then I will make sure to bump this thread so either way you will see this thread again.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I am not going to debate this I am just stating what I think. If he ends up being Jesus' Quarterback then I will apologize right here. If he ends up sucking then I will make sure to bump this thread so either way you will see this thread again.
when you're just randomly picking something that's 50/50, it's nothing really to brag about being right, especially since you don't even know if he'll be good or not.

Boomer
02-24-2006, 04:11 PM
I won't hold my breath. You may be right and I may just be flat out wrong but given the history of the draft and all the next big things most don't pan out. See Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Michael Vick(most overrated player ever), Alex Smith(he isn't looked at as a bust yet but give it two years. If you watched any of his games you would realize it now). For the tons of first rounders who don't pan out there ARE the few that do. Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. I just think Leinart will be a bust but if he isn't then go him.

But your argument is based on using old players. Leaf was a one year wonder, Couch was a victim of Hal Mumme's system in that it made him much more viable than he actually was. Atlanta rolled the dice on Vick. They need to let him be what he is rather make him something he isn't.

The Smith stuff is just nonsense. Again, you have no argument.

Talk me through why Leinart won't be a good pro and we'll discuss it, but just saying you think he'll be a bust because of Ryan Leaf is naive.

TAK
02-24-2006, 04:11 PM
when you're just randomly picking something that's 50/50, it's nothing really to brag about being right, especially since you don't even know if he'll be good or not.I stated I think he will be a bust and my reasons as to why so I am not just randomly picking people and calling them busts I am just picking one who I think will be a bust and there is nothing wrong with that considering this is a message board and message boards are made to express opinions. I expressed mine so let it go. I already said if he did well I would openly eat my words.

Vertical Limit
02-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Why not the USC vs Texas video :j?
Because in my opinion, the best game the whole regular season was USC vs Notre Dame.

I for one don't like the idea of teams waiting an entire month for Bowl Games, players come back rusty and don't look the same and aren't as solid as they were in the regular season.

Not saying the Rose Bowl was bad, I actually thought it was a pretty damn good game and far better than this year's crappy Pittsburgh vs Seattle Super Bowl, but I just think the long break was bad. I like to see defense in championship games.

Also, Matt Leinart played great in the Rose Bowl, just it is being overlooked.

Boomer
02-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Here are the reasons I think here will be a bust:

1. He had tons of talent around him, a great running game, and an extremely solid line and without the running game or line then he will be up the river without a paddle.

2.In the Rose Bowl when USC played against a good defense for once Leinart struggled and he was unable to right the ship and win.

Like Saban says, "Many players have the great athleticism and arm needed to be successful but just aren't leaders. You need a leader at quarterback."

So that is why I think he will be a bust.

So Ryan Leaf, Mike Vick and Tim Couch didn't have a supporting cast, huh?

Leinart had a poor 1st half in the Rose Bowl, then displayed quality, making NFL quality pass after NFL quality pass to the end of the game.

Were you at SC practices or in the huddle to know he's not a good leader? Try asking Winston Justice or LenDale White if he isn't a good leader.

Boomer
02-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Sorry mate, but this statement comes straight from the file marked 'GARBAGE'.

daniel3
02-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Vertical I was kidding and Leinart did have a monster game, but it was just overshadowed by the fact they lost and VY had an even bigger game.

I just cant see Leinart being a bust because I don't think he will be doing much of anything different in the NFL than what he did in college. He'll be facing better talent, but I think he will be ok on any team (well any team that isnt the Texans).

Motion
02-24-2006, 04:20 PM
...considering this is a message board and message boards are made to express opinions. I expressed mine so let it go. I already said if he did well I would openly eat my words.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you should expect people to disagree with you. Especially with the supporting reasons you gave.

TAK
02-24-2006, 04:28 PM
But your argument is based on using old players. Leaf was a one year wonder, Couch was a victim of Hal Mumme's system in that it made him much more viable than he actually was. Atlanta rolled the dice on Vick. They need to let him be what he is rather make him something he isn't.

The Smith stuff is just nonsense. Again, you have no argument.

Talk me through why Leinart won't be a good pro and we'll discuss it, but just saying you think he'll be a bust because of Ryan Leaf is naive.Well first off he had one of the most talented offensive units ever assembled in college and anyone with a good arm like his will be successful. He never had to taste defeat or suffer from a crummy line like he will have to deal with in the NFL. IF he gets drafted by the Titans then he should do pretty well but no where near what he did in college. If he gets drafted by the Saints expect Ryan Leaf 2.0 is all I am saying. There aren't statistical reasons you can be shown to see this. You just have to watch games like the California game and the Rose Bowl where he has struggled to see how he can't handle a lot of pressure to bring his team back in the fourth like great QBs can do. If he was truly like Brady he would have had no problem winning the Rose Bowl.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Well first off he had one of the most talented offensive units ever assembled in college and anyone with a good arm like his will be successful. He never had to taste defeat or suffer from a crummy line like he will have to deal with in the NFL. IF he gets drafted by the Titans then he should do pretty well but no where near what he did in college. If he gets drafted by the Saints expect Ryan Leaf 2.0 is all I am saying. There aren't statistical reasons you can be shown to see this. You just have to watch games like the California game and the Rose Bowl where he has struggled to see how he can't handle a lot of pressure to bring his team back in the fourth like great QBs can do. If he was truly like Brady he would have had no problem winning the Rose Bowl.
i'm sure boomer watches a lot more games than you. the cal game was good for leinart, i don't even see the point of bringing that up. you do realize that most great QBs in the league came from a team with great talent on it? it's a ridiculous thing that everyone brings up with quarterbacks. you look at the decisions they make, not the players on their team.

TAK
02-24-2006, 04:38 PM
i'm sure boomer watches a lot more games than you. the cal game was good for leinart, i don't even see the point of bringing that up. you do realize that most great QBs in the league came from a team with great talent on it? it's a ridiculous thing that everyone brings up with quarterbacks. you look at the decisions they make, not the players on their team.Well let's just wait and see. I don't feel like debating anymore because it's obvious anything I say goes in the file marked "garbage" because I won't get on my knees and worship Leinart. So lets just wait and see.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Well let's just wait and see. I don't feel like debating anymore because it's obvious anything I say goes in the file marked "garbage" because I won't get on my knees and worship Leinart. So lets just wait and see.
if you're not using valid opinions as to why you feel a certain way, then your opinions will just be looked at as biased favoritism.

playmaker1
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM

I dont think he is a Brady type, as a matter of fact I think that is a negative coment about him. I'd take him over Tom Fagy anyday

Alex44
02-24-2006, 05:25 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol:

No everyone around him makes HIM look better, like a 6'5 reciever going up and getting every terrible throw he makes, or throwing 10 screen passes in the rose bowl to inflate his stats, his lack of arm strength really makes me wonder, and it was never more clear than in the rose bowl where his balls hung in the air forever

Oh and why give us the Notre Dame tape? So we can see Reggie Bush Illegally push Leinart into the endzone?

playmaker1
02-24-2006, 05:30 PM

No everyone around him makes HIM look better, like a 6'5 reciever going up and getting every terrible throw he makes, or throwing 10 screen passes in the rose bowl to inflate his stats, his lack of arm strength really makes me wonder, and it was never more clear than in the rose bowl where his balls hung in the air forever

Oh and why give us the Notre Dame tape? So we can see Reggie Bush Illegally push Leinart into the endzone?

well put!!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 06:49 PM
let's watch the rose bowl tape, where vince young illegally threw a forward pass across the line of scrimmage with his knee on the ground.

dominizzo
02-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Matt Leinart The Lionheart I guess NEw Orleans will be great with him!!! HE will be the signal caller for years to come

phin-fan34MDH
02-24-2006, 07:11 PM

So if he fell in our lap you wouldn't take him? Not that he will fall out the top five but if we draftin top 5 you wouldn't take him?

phin-fan34MDH
02-24-2006, 07:13 PM

I gain more and more respect for your opinion evertime I read your responses. I like your POV. Keep truckin em out man.

Regan21286
02-24-2006, 07:17 PM

All the Tom Bradys in the world can't save the 'Aints, where he's likely headed, from mediocrity. If he were to land on a talented team like say Miami, he'd perform very well, or at least better than Gus. I think he can be a true franchise QB if he finds the right team but I don't think he can carry a bad team.

Roman529
02-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I think Leinart will be the BEST qb the Saints have ever had in their illustrious history...and will make the fans forget all about Archie Manning, Bobby Hebert, and Aaron Brooks. :wink:

Finsfan79
02-24-2006, 07:29 PM
He always reminds me of Ken Dorsey

finnyboy002
02-24-2006, 07:38 PM

that statement holds no water at all. I think Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, Byron Leftwich, and Chris Simms handled it very nicely. All playoff teams this year and when they were drafted their teams weren't very good at all.

finfan54
02-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Thats a terrible statment to make.

at least lienert has something to back it up, and yes, he does look like a Brady type. Im not here to defend Leinert and havent really considered Leinert that much, but how can Cutlers statement be awesome and Leinerts be laughable? No bias here ladies......:sidelol:

finfan54
02-24-2006, 10:29 PM
My opinion of Leinert is that he will be way better than Aarron Rogers and as good as Carson Palmer in 3 years. The only thing i see ruining Leinert is to go to a head coach and system that just doesnt get it or manages him in a stupid way. REgardless of the team around him at USC, He was the leader of that team and he stayed in school for his last year.

From what I have seen of Leinert, his only weakness IMO that I have seen (which really isnt much)is that he may be a weaker first half QB but he gets better as he goes, and that some of his throws down the sideline or outs to the RB have sailed or were ducks, but I think every QB throws a duck now and again. Even the mighty Jay Cutler.

He is 6'5" and has good touch on most of his stuff and just handles himself well. That will be enough to do it in 2-3 years.

Alex44
02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
let's watch the rose bowl tape, where vince young illegally threw a forward pass across the line of scrimmage with his knee on the ground.

Well two things flawed

1- He wasnt trying to throw a pass, he was trying to lateral it SIDEWAYS, but yes it did go forwards, as I remember Reggie Bush tried lateraling the ball to no-one, at least Young was trying to make a play that was possible, and thats not a knock on Bush at all, just saying you cant fault a guy for trying to make something happen

2- Since his knee was down anyway the lateral should have never happend making your point, well pointless blame the refs

The Ref's didnt make Matt leinart float a ball to the corner of the endzone and have it intercepted, or throw the ball out of bounds as time expired

Boomer
02-25-2006, 07:56 AM
So it was Bush who threw the 4th and 9 ball to Dwayne Jarret vs Notre Dame?

Did someone say Leinart was like Ken Dorsey??

Oh. My. God.

Leinart is a better prospect than Young. Fact.

No matter what Alex thinks.

Danny
02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Who cares about all this...he's not gonna be playing for us anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

Motion
02-25-2006, 12:30 PM
at least lienert has something to back it up, and yes, he does look like a Brady type. Im not here to defend Leinert and havent really considered Leinert that much, but how can Cutlers statement be awesome and Leinerts be laughable? No bias here ladies......:sidelol:

Reading Comprehension>You

That comment was directed at the "Most 1st rounders are busts" statement. Trying reading before you open your mouth to knock someone.

Vertical Limit
02-25-2006, 01:12 PM

So you are going to judge him just because of the talent around him? I guess Peyton Manning's 49 TD's doesn't mean anything then since he has all those recievers around him, and because he throws alot of screen passes to Edgerrin James. I guess Dan Marino's records don't mean anything as well, because he had Clayton and Duper with him eh?

Matt Leinart is the real deal in this draft, he's the most polished QB, has dealt with more big games than Vince Young, has had more comeback victories than Vince Young, has had more College experience than Vince Young.

BTW, who threw the 4th and 10 ball to Dwayne Jarret on the last drive of the USC vs Notre Dame game? MATT LEINART.

I read a topic which was made 2 years ago in the Chargers forum, and someone said Carson Palmer would be a bust before he even got drafted, now Matt Leinart? Wow.

BTW, according to the College All Star Challenge, wasn't Vince Young's deep ball at 60 yards? And Brodie Croyle's was at 68? So much for "Arm Strength".

I rather have the better QB (Matt Leinart) over the better Athelete (V. Young) behind center playing QB for me anytime.

unifiedtheory
02-25-2006, 09:01 PM
So it was Bush who threw the 4th and 9 ball to Dwayne Jarret vs Notre Dame?

Did someone say Leinart was like Ken Dorsey??

Oh. My. God.

Leinart is a better prospect than Young. Fact.

No matter what Alex thinks.

Alex still thinks Leinart should try to be more like HIM...that is a fact because he SAID IT.

For all the Leinart bashing that Alex22 does he fails to remember that his boy, Vince Young, accompolished 1/3 of what Leinart did as a college Q.B.

Skeet84
02-25-2006, 09:12 PM

Thats was a backwards pass and his knee was down which is a reviewable play as a Illegal Block in the back ( Reggie Bush in the Notre Dame Game ) was not.

Alex44
02-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Alex still thinks Leinart should try to be more like HIM...that is a fact because he SAID IT.

For all the Leinart bashing that Alex22 does he fails to remember that his boy, Vince Young, accompolished 1/3 of what Leinart did as a college Q.B.

Really? You just proved yourself lacking in any knowledge

Leinart won 2 national championships and the first one was undeserved IMO LSU was the national champion that year, where his team carried him, while Young won 1 while he carried his team and would be the favorite to win another next year had he returned

Vince Young was 30-2 as a started and would have had a better career record than leinart if he stayed for his senior season like Leinart did, Vince Young threw the ball almost just as well as Leinart without the Luxery of a Reggie Bush or Dwayne Jarret on his team to carry the offense

And for all Matt leinarts smarts on the field he threw the ball out of bounds as the clock ran out, thats a major no-no on his part

You can eat your crow when leinart busts due to his cocky borderline ******* attitude while Vince Young flourishes in the league

King Felix
02-25-2006, 09:13 PM
alex's fav player is vince young we all know that and we all know u cant change his mind about anything not even BOOMER can.

Alex44
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
alex's fav player is vince young we all know that and we all know u cant change his mind about anything not even BOOMER can.

Im tired of everyone talking like he already Busted

Maybe he will fail I dont know for sure he will be great, but from what he has shown me he has every skill thats needed, so people need to stop talking like he already failed

King Felix
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM

Leinart won 2 national championships and the first one was undeserved IMO LSU was the national champion that year, where his team carried him, while Young won 1 while he carried his team and would be the favorite to win another next year had he returned

Vince Young was 30-2 as a started and would have had a better career record than leinart if he stayed for his senior season like Leinart did, Vince Young threw the ball almost just as well as Leinart without the Luxery of a Reggie Bush or Dwayne Jarret on his team to carry the offense

And for all Matt leinarts smarts on the field he threw the ball out of bounds as the clock ran out, thats a major no-no on his part

You can eat your crow when leinart busts due to his cocky borderline ******* attitude while Vince Young flourishes in the league

then whats vinces young attitude?

LIQUID24
02-25-2006, 09:21 PM

I remember that... I was getting teary-eyed from laughing so much.

Alex44
02-25-2006, 09:23 PM
then whats vinces young attitude?

Matt Leinart says after a loss - We are still the best team

Come on whats that? How about a little credit to the other guys

Young works his *** off trying to get better and takes every loss in life personally and goes out with something to prove, Leinart seems way to laid back all the time partying, saying things that make him seem like a jerk, and so forth

Young is a leader who hates to lose and will do anything to win, not to mention he keeps his team loose and motivated

Put it this way

Id rather have Youngs attitude, especially on a younger team that is developing, because win or lose he will make the game fun for his team mates to play and keep them wanting to play football no matter how hard it gets

King Felix
02-25-2006, 09:25 PM
oh ya i forgot leinart isnt a leader

Alex44
02-25-2006, 09:26 PM
oh ya i forgot leinart isnt a leader

Did I say that?

I said he wasnt as good of a leader

King Felix
02-25-2006, 09:29 PM
i didnt say u did, im just saying he has leadership 2.

Skeet84
02-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Almost everyone has leadership its how much leadership a peson has. Too say he has leadership too is pointless.

Alex44
02-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Almost everyone has leadership its how much leadership a peson has. Too say he has leadership too is pointless.

Well everyone doesnt have leadership I dont think, but every Top QB does, so I agree with the end of what you said and not the bold part

unifiedtheory
02-25-2006, 11:01 PM

I lack in knowledge?

Leinart - 2 national championships (regardless of your "opinion") and 1 Heisman.

Young - 1 national championship.

To me that equates to 1/3.

Next time you want to call me "uneducated" try getting you facts straight kid.

I've forgotten more about football then you'll know.

King Felix
02-25-2006, 11:05 PM
does nebody know wat leinart got on the wonderlic or w.e its called?

Alex44
02-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I lack in knowledge?

Leinart - 2 national championships (regardless of your "opinion") and 1 Heisman.

Young - 1 national championship.

To me that equates to 1/3.

Next time you want to call me "uneducated" try getting you facts straight kid.

I've forgotten more about football then you'll know.

Young also played one less season :rolleyes2

And If Young had his year this year and leinart had his heisman season, head to head Young wins no doubt

A heisman isnt really an accomplishment so much as it is a personal achievment, plenty of guys dont win the heisman and have tremendous NFL careers, while someone who wins it can bust, that doesnt translate in any way to the NFL

tylerdolphin
02-26-2006, 12:23 AM
At least Leinart scored higher on his Wonderlic than my 7 year old brother LOL
You have to literally be a monkey to score that low. Just imagine VY reading playbooks. My goodness

King Felix
02-26-2006, 01:49 AM
At least Leinart scored higher on his Wonderlic than my 7 year old brother LOL
You have to literally be a monkey to score that low. Just imagine VY reading playbooks. My goodness

whatd leinart get?

primetime23
02-26-2006, 03:28 PM
what! vince young is a better leader than matt of coures, how could you say matts a better leader, he struggles in a ''championship'' game when leaders suppose to step up like VINCE and he barley beats notre dame your saying hes a leader against notre ? he almost fumbles the game away on the 1 yard line. BARLEY gets into the endzone on the unsuspected qb sneak. and oh i forgot he needs bush to push him in to actually score

primetime23
02-26-2006, 03:30 PM
also bush snd white always helped his *** when they were in trouble. He also had one of the best offenses in college football history

King Felix
02-26-2006, 03:38 PM
what! vince young is a better leader than matt of coures, how could you say matts a better leader, he struggles in a ''championship'' game when leaders suppose to step up like VINCE and he barley beats notre dame your saying hes a leader against notre ? he almost fumbles the game away on the 1 yard line. BARLEY gets into the endzone on the unsuspected qb sneak. and oh i forgot he needs bush to push him in to actually score

leinart struggled in the rose bowl??im not sure wat rose bowl u watched. leinart didnt throw that pass on fourth and 10 oh ya i forgot bush did that.:rolleyes2

Regan21286
02-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Im tired of everyone talking like he already Busted

Maybe he will fail I dont know for sure he will be great, but from what he has shown me he has every skill thats needed, so people need to stop talking like he already failed

Gee, and you have no qualms about saying those "He's a Bust" or "He's failed" things for Leinart.

Finland
02-26-2006, 05:25 PM

I think I watched Marino lose a big game once, he was a leader. With almost any player they need to learn how to play in the NFL. But there have been many busts in the past decade at QB.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Gee, and you have no qualms about saying those "He's a Bust" or "He's failed" things for Leinart.
he seems to say things like "come back to me when leinart is a bust." it's pretty clear he has a bias against leinart and really likes young. his opinion won't be swayed and he'll say anything to stick behind his QB.

Finland
02-26-2006, 05:31 PM
does nebody know wat leinart got on the wonderlic or w.e its called?

I don't see how the Wonderlic matters much for him. I have been using it at work in interviews. It can show if someone is VERY smart or VERY stupid, but the middle ground shows very little.

I also test my star workers and they all had middle ground scores.

So, you can be a fine player/worker without a good score AND even with a good score if you don't have work ethic, and entusiasm it means nothing.

Dors156
02-26-2006, 05:39 PM

i think him and cutler wont be that great personally

Motion
02-26-2006, 05:57 PM
i think him and cutler wont be that great personally

But Young will tear it up no doubt.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 05:59 PM
he might tear up his playbook in frustration, that's it.

King Felix
02-26-2006, 06:08 PM
:lol:lol exactly what i was about to say:lol:

tylerdolphin
02-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Young will never be able to learn an NFL playbook. They had to dumb down Texas playbook for him. Now we know why.

wazzy
02-26-2006, 10:57 PM
I was never high on Young just because the way I seen him play and the way he came off on me made me think he wouldn't do to good in the NFL. He still might be good but I feel with all this hype on him he is going to be pressured to perform right away and I feel he is not ready yet to be an NFL starter he needs time to adjust to the game and maybe with some good coaching and directing he can become a good player.

rickd13
02-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Tak, you couldn't be more wrong about Leinart. He's a franchise passer, with just beautiful touch and he IS a winner. He has a Brady-like arm. He's going to be a very fine NFL QB.

You are right on. All this pre-draft nonsense. Matt Leinart will be the first QB taken in this years draft, and if he isn't the team that takes a different QB will be making a mistake. I like Vince Young, but there are questions about how he can drop back and throw and how his game will project to the pro game. Jay Cutler, be serious. Yes he has a strong arm, but there are too many questions about his mechanics ( throwing off his back foot ), his decision making, and the level of competition he played against in college. I'm not buying the fact that all these teams are so in love with Jay Cutler. I think it's mostly pre-draft hype. I wouldn't be stunned to see Jay Cutler still on the board when Miami picks on draft day. I'm not saying I don't like Jay Cutler, I'm just saying that Matt Leinart is clearly the better prospect.