PDA

View Full Version : marcus vick on nfl network

LoneWulF
02-24-2006, 04:47 PM
says he didnt have a gun at mcdonalds, he was holding his cell phone. Will participate in all qb drills.
I want to take him in the 6th round if hes there still. 5th round maybe. I wanted McPherson last year, ill take Vick this year. Its a low risk huge upside situation

mod edit - please keep draft topics in the draft forum - thanks

SuperDuperFan
02-24-2006, 04:51 PM
I disagree, I dont think he's a very good player anyway. Did you see him step on that other player's leg? That was horrible and we really dont need a player like that here. So in my opinion the downside is much greater than the upside, no matter how late he is available.

TAK
02-24-2006, 04:51 PM
says he didnt have a gun at mcdonalds, he was holding his cell phone. Will participate in all qb drills.
I want to take him in the 6th round if hes there still. 5th round maybe. I wanted McPherson last year, ill take Vick this year. Its a low risk huge upside situationVick seems like the kind of player who will pull a Maurice Clarett, get drafted then cut then go and rob someone and get arrested.

I do hope he does well though and think he will if he gets drafted by the Falcons so his older brother can keep him in check.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:52 PM
he said he didn't like the clarrett comparison because unlike clarett, he was going to perform in every drill.

Motion
02-24-2006, 04:53 PM
I want to take him in the 6th round if hes there still. 5th round maybe. I wanted McPherson last year, ill take Vick this year. Its a low risk huge upside situation

We don't have a 5th or 6th!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
then i guess we can't take marcus vick. tough break!

finfan75
02-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Give up all draft picks for the jets 4th pick and get Cutler.. :sidelol: Where is Ditka when you need him.:evil:

Motion
02-24-2006, 05:02 PM
then i guess we can't take marcus vick. tough break!

No loss IMO

playmaker1
02-24-2006, 05:09 PM
we dont have a 5th or 6th. If he is there with our last of our 3 7th round picks, then maybe. but I still think he will be a problem

phin-fan34MDH
02-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Saban likes a team player. A clean player. Marcus Vick is neither. Did you see him stomp on U of L's DE Elvis "cool" Dumervil's leg at the Gator Bowl? I did. I was there, the guy is about as Cancerous as T.O would be. No Way. Pass on Vick via Michael or Marcus.

SackArtist
02-24-2006, 07:19 PM
:barf:marcus vick
This guy never learns, it seems like he gets arrested every day.

In_Flames
02-24-2006, 07:22 PM
says he didnt have a gun at mcdonalds

yeah just like he "didn't intentionally" step on Dumervil’s calf after that tackle...Vick is a joke and I hope we stay far far away from him...:rolleyes2

Roman529
02-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Vick is trouble....asking him to be a law abiding citizen is liking asking TO to keep his mouth shut. Some guys just never learn.

t2thejz
02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
No thank you. Maybe as a undrafted FA or with one of our 7ths but I just dont like the guy. He is too stupid to be an NFL QB anyway. Career backup at best or maybe a position change

Coral Reefer
02-25-2006, 01:16 AM

mod edit - please keep draft topics in the draft forum - thanks

Where do you get the huge upside from?

popularwar
02-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Some of you guys are ridiculous. Marcus Vick isn't a poster child for good behavior, and I'm not trying to say he's going to be in the choir at church or anything but to question his ability is just stupid. We have two or three 7th rounders, why not take a shot at someone who can run and pass better than his pro bowl brother? I don't want to make this a Michael Vick thread but Marcus is better than Michael in every physical sense, and with a late round grade we would lose basically nothing. If he's there in the seventh round, and I doubt he will be, I think we should draft him. At worst, he gets cut and we lose little or no money since 7th rounders usually don't get big signing bonuses.

Philter25
02-25-2006, 02:32 PM

Shhh. Dont tell them that! I love it when guys come on here and say some BS like "ive been following this guy all year, yadday yadday yadda, take him in the 6th."

I just chuckle as their credibility goes down the drain and agree.

Dors156
02-25-2006, 03:54 PM
i would definatly take him with one of our 7th round picks.i think saban can change marcus.

dolphan117
02-25-2006, 04:34 PM
So everyone somehow mistook his cell phone for a gun? I don't know whats wrong with me but I am having trouble believing that. One valid point that CK made is that if you could draft him in the 7th and keep him for about 2 years and shocase him in the preseason you might be able to flip him for a 4th. Who knows.

Skeet84
02-25-2006, 05:18 PM

Wow people keep saying draft people in the 5th or 6th and you keep telling people we don't have them. Do they ever learn? :sidelol:

Skeet84
02-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Marcus Vick is a cancer. I would much rather have TO is at least is already proven. I really don't care if its a 7th round pick. I don't wanna draft him. Yeah I am questioning his talent. He is not really that good. Just cause you can run around in college and make plays does not mean your going to be a good NFL QB. Michael is alot better and he is a horrible passer!

apa64che
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I disagree, I dont think he's a very good player anyway. Did you see him step on that other player's leg? That was horrible and we really dont need a player like that here. So in my opinion the downside is much greater than the upside, no matter how late he is available.

Yea, i know it was bad, but hey, that stuff happens all the time in football.... People get spit on, poked in the eyes, and all kinds of outlandish stuff like that. Not saying to ignore it, but i just know that stuff happens all the time. It may not get flashed all over the tv like vick's stomping incident did though. Personally the main thing i saw wrong with Vick's playing is when he scrambled, he held the ball out to his side. That mess won't play very long in this league

apa64che
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
So everyone somehow mistook his cell phone for a gun? I don't know whats wrong with me but I am having trouble believing that. One valid point that CK made is that if you could draft him in the 7th and keep him for about 2 years and shocase him in the preseason you might be able to flip him for a 4th. Who knows.

Did you know that the guy that accused him of brandishing a firearm has just been arrested recently of armed robbery?

Motion
02-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Shhh. Dont tell them that! I love it when guys come on here and say some BS like "ive been following this guy all year, yadday yadday yadda, take him in the 6th."

I just chuckle as their credibility goes down the drain and agree.

:lol: :wink:

apa64che
02-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I know ill be slammed for this, but personally, i think Vick is worth a look. He's a talented kid. Those of you who say he's not, well, i agree to a point. Last year was his only full year so he's definately raw. All im saying is i hope Saban will at least take a look at him. If Saban chooses to pass on him, i'll trust it was the best thing. I have faith in Nick.

apa64che
02-27-2006, 04:46 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those firearm charges on Vick will be dropped. Ive heard a buzz around here that the guy who filed them is a dirtbag himself. Plus his attorney is Larry Woodward. Not that that means a whole lot but i think he defended Iverson a while back.

Phishstix
02-27-2006, 04:50 PM

i can't remember what type it was, but the accuser said that it was a really small steel and black colored gun, one that could fit into someone's pocket. i'm sure they got into a confrontation, but a gun has not yet been found in connection w/ the crime, so it most likely was a cellphone and the accuser was trying to get vick b/c he knew who he was. the accuser's credibilty has gone right out the window- he's been arrested twice since.

on drafting vick, he's worth a late-round flyer b/c of his athleticism, but not much else. he's too short, locks in on his first read, has horrible pocket presence, and etc etc etc what boom, kb, and ck have said.

apa64che
02-27-2006, 04:56 PM
i can't remember what type it was, but the accuser said that it was a really small steel and black colored gun, one that could fit into someone's pocket. i'm sure they got into a confrontation, but a gun has not yet been found in connection w/ the crime, so it most likely was a cellphone and the accuser was trying to get vick b/c he knew who he was. the accuser's credibilty has gone right out the window- he's been arrested twice since.

on drafting vick, he's worth a late-round flyer b/c of his athleticism, but not much else. he's too short, locks in on his first read, has horrible pocket presence, and etc etc etc what boom, kb, and ck have said.

Yea, it's really a tough choice. Part of me wants him, the other part doesnt. I think not only will you be taking a choice with his personality off the field, but it's a chance on the field as well... Marcus' problem is that he's only had one full year of game situations. With all his bad habbits, he still carried Tech to the ACC championship. He lost, but he still put up pretty good numbers. He IS a talented kid, but he's very very raw.

The only thing i worry about off the field, is that he's a marked man. He'll now be a target for every dirt bag out to make a few free bucks off of a sports star. He'll have to work hard to keep his nose clean.

apa64che
02-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Yea, it's really a tough choice. Part of me wants him, the other part doesnt. I think not only will you be taking a choice with his personality off the field, but it's a chance on the field as well... Marcus' problem is that he's only had one full year of game situations. With all his bad habbits, he still carried Tech to the ACC championship. He lost, but he still put up pretty good numbers. He IS a talented kid, but he's very very raw.

The only thing i worry about off the field, is that he's a marked man. He'll now be a target for every dirt bag out to make a few free bucks off of a sports star. He'll have to work hard to keep his nose clean.

All that being said, I think Marcus will ultimately end up on someones practice squad. Personally i think it would do him good to literally start at the bottom and work his way up. I think it would do wonders for his character.

apa64che
02-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I said it at the end of the college season, and i'll say it again. Personally Marcus needs more work before he's gonna be successful in the NFL, wherever he goes. If he wasn't thrown out of school, and he coulda played his senior year, he woulda been much better off. Therefore, i think the practice squad is the best place for him. He's really not ready for the NFL.

dolfan72734me
02-27-2006, 06:08 PM
No, no ,no. Alright, you know how thay have pellet guns, pop guns, and even lighters that look like real guns.....? Well, now they have cell phones that look just like guns. Only one was ever made, and he had it. It looked so authentic, the batteries even looked like bullets.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-27-2006, 06:33 PM
it also fires like a real gun. if you get shot in the face with it, you'll die. just like a real gun.

dolfan72734me
02-28-2006, 03:43 AM
it also fires like a real gun. if you get shot in the face with it, you'll die. just like a real gun.
:lol: no doubt

apa64che
02-28-2006, 11:00 AM
:lol: no doubt

I know its a hard concept to understand, but lets see if he's actually convicted for carrying a gun. Call me crazy for not taking the dirt-bag thats accusing him, at his word.

Motion
02-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I know its a hard concept to understand, but lets see if he's actually convicted for carrying a gun. Call me crazy for not taking the dirt-bag thats accusing him, at his word.

:lol: Can't believe I just saw someone defend Marcus Vick by calling someone else a dirtbag. Wow, that guy has issues, period. That whole Gator Bowl incident was a disgrace.

apa64che
02-28-2006, 11:06 AM
:lol: Can't believe I just saw someone defend Marcus Vick by calling someone else a dirtbag. Wow, that guy has issues, period. That whole Gator Bowl incident was a disgrace.

I'm not defending the "stomping incident" but lets be real. You think anything like that has ever happend before in football?

As far as calling his accuser a dirt-bag, he is. He's been arrested for armed robbery. I think multiple times.

apa64che
02-28-2006, 11:08 AM

I wasn't there, i don't know if he had a gun or not. All im saying is the guy whos accusing him ain't someone who was grabbing a late night snack at micky dee's with his wife and two little toddlers in the car.

Motion
02-28-2006, 11:10 AM
I wasn't there, i don't know if he had a gun or not. All im saying is the guy whos accusing him ain't someone who was grabbing a late night snack at micky dee's with his wife and two little toddlers in the car.

This is true.

apa64che
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
the main problem with Vick's off the field crap is that he's a now a marked man. Anything that anyone ever accuses him of will be completely believed and accepted as fact. It's very hard to gain peoples trust again. Example, look at the Ricky W situation. Before anyone knew the facts, everyone just assumed, here we go again.

He did bring it on himself though.

Elle Clouds
02-28-2006, 04:09 PM
you guys are so biased on this forum...you praise cutler and want us to trade up to get him, but condemn vick for getting into a little trouble in college. If i remember correctly, thats the same thing that caused randy moss to slide in the draft. I personally hope we get a qb via free agency and either draft jacobs or vick. He is a better passer than his brother and is as fast. (give or take a few steps) Ill take him for the sheer fact that he adds another dimension to our offense..when was the last time we had a qb that could run over 5 yards?

dolfan72734me
02-28-2006, 04:48 PM
you guys are so biased on this forum...you praise cutler and want us to trade up to get him, but condemn vick for getting into a little trouble in college. If i remember correctly, thats the same thing that caused randy moss to slide in the draft. I personally hope we get a qb via free agency and either draft jacobs or vick. He is a better passer than his brother and is as fast. (give or take a few steps) Ill take him for the sheer fact that he adds another dimension to our offense..when was the last time we had a qb that could run over 5 yards?
Ray Lucas?
And who in the heck cares about what Randy Moss does? Yeah I really want someone who acts like he is rubbing his *** on a goal post.
Show me what Cutler has done to be in trouble.

Flyer22
02-28-2006, 04:55 PM
A little trouble in college is having a keg in the dorm. A year-long suspension for selling alcohol/drugs to minors and being charged with sexually abusing a high school girl, along with various on-field incidents (leg-stomp) are what makes a felon. I don't think Marcus has the arm strength to hit Chambers on a fly route from the Miami prison.

Motion
02-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think Marcus has the arm strength to hit Chambers on a fly route from the Miami prison.

:lol:

Kucha
02-28-2006, 05:17 PM

Here is what you aren't aware of. Vick is not impressing people with his interviews in the Combine right now. According to ESPN Insider, his interviews at the combine have been terrible. His attitude is putting him in serious danger of not even being drafted this year...and this is coming from Insider, not me. Right now, Vick doesn't seem to have any maturity whatsoever and that attitude could put him in jail and/or out of the NFL. Any NFL team would approach him with caution or just flat out ignore him.

apa64che
02-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Here is what you aren't aware of. Vick is not impressing people with his interviews in the Combine right now. According to ESPN Insider, his interviews at the combine have been terrible. His attitude is putting him in serious danger of not even being drafted this year...and this is coming from Insider, not me. Right now, Vick doesn't seem to have any maturity whatsoever and that attitude could put him in jail and/or out of the NFL. Any NFL team would approach him with caution or just flat out ignore him.

Marcus has had his problems. I happen to think he'll get off of the firearm charges.

apa64che
02-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Personally i thought his interview was pretty candid. I mean he coulda just sat there and said "no comment"