PDA

View Full Version : Feedback and Suggestions Please

Tone_E
02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Here is an image i played with of Chambers, and what I did.

1) Cut out Chambers
2) Darkened background
3) Pasted normal Chambers on dark background
4) Inserted the Superbowl. (Scaled and Rotated it)
5) Added Omni lighting to background.

To me, it doesn't seem as nice as I hoped. Any suggestions on how to improve the image would be greatly appreciated, before I add text.

Does the Superbowl look ok? Should Chambers be catching the middle portion of the superbowl instead of the ball?

Just looking for expert advice...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/chambersbowl3vp-1.jpg

MillerTime
02-25-2006, 08:03 PM
maybe instaed of just darkening the BG, try making it black and white and then put a little blur to it, then put more of an effect on chambers

Tone_E
02-25-2006, 08:12 PM
maybe instaed of just darkening the BG, try making it black and white and then put a little blur to it, then put more of an effect on chambers

I like that idea. Thank you. But what kind of an effect would you suggest. Im not fully knowledgable of what each effect does. Its a lot of trial and error for me. :wink:

MillerTime
02-25-2006, 08:40 PM
I like that idea. Thank you. But what kind of an effect would you suggest. Im not fully knowledgable of what each effect does. Its a lot of trial and error for me. :wink:

clik on the chambers pic layer, go to image>adjustments>brightness contrast, then mess around with each one untill you get something good. then make a copy of that layer, go to image>adjustments>desaturate, then put the it to soft light, you dont have to do that one but it might make it look better...

try that and post the results

Tone_E
02-25-2006, 08:48 PM
clik on the chambers pic layer, go to image>adjustments>brightness contrast, then mess around with each one untill you get something good. then make a copy of that layer, go to image>adjustments>desaturate, then put the it to soft light, you dont have to do that one but it might make it look better...

try that and post the results

Ok, but i couldn't figure out how to do black and white, so i used another effect. Update in about 5 mins.

MillerTime
02-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Ok, but i couldn't figure out how to do black and white, so i used another effect. Update in about 5 mins.

image>adjustments>desaturate

Tone_E
02-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Ok, so here is what I did.
1. I desaturated the background to make it black and white.
2. Adjusted the brightness on Chambers' layer.
3. Added a lens flare in the BG
4. To show the lighting effects of the flare on Chambers, I added an omni
light source.

Does the lighting I put on the Chambers layer look realistic in regards to the flare, or could it be better? i.e. More intense, bigger radius, etc.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

TheAnswer385
02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
yea that last try looks cooler

Sethworld
02-25-2006, 09:37 PM
You can try a motion blur to get the feeling of motion and speed. Not too much blur though.

FinFan72
02-27-2006, 02:52 PM
The second one looks alot better

dolphinfan2k5
02-27-2006, 08:04 PM
I like the idea. I would suggest a black and white background, without the texture and then a burst effect on Chambers and the trophy. Here's a tutorial on the burst effect: http://www.maddennation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149001&postcount=12

MillerTime
02-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Ok, so here is what I did.
1. I desaturated the background to make it black and white.
2. Adjusted the brightness on Chambers' layer.
3. Added a lens flare in the BG
4. To show the lighting effects of the flare on Chambers, I added an omni
light source.

Does the lighting I put on the Chambers layer look realistic in regards to the flare, or could it be better? i.e. More intense, bigger radius, etc.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4209/chamber7dm.jpg
i dont really like the texture on the BG

Tone_E
02-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. Haven't been able to implement any suggestions due to computer problems!!!! Wish I could continue to work on this piece, but it may take a while. My CPU is messin up, even after I format and stuff. Anyways, I will post an update ASAP, and once again, thank you. Much appreciated.