PDA

View Full Version : Don't count out cutler!!

dolfan3431
02-25-2006, 08:01 PM
i don't really think New York really wants him. I believe they are trying to trade down. And if they are really that bad they can get Quinn next year with there first overall pick. Arizona and detroit will turn to free agency. And saban may not want brees he may want to draft and mold his own man

Skeet84
02-25-2006, 08:28 PM
There is NOOOO way we come out of Free agency without a QB. Jay Cutler even we drafted him should not start this year. No QB in this draft is ready to come in and start. However I think Leinart will come and start for New Orleans. we will get a QB in free agency, But I am not saying it will be Brees or Culepepper. We will get someone tho.

Dolfan2788
02-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I think there is a 10% chance that Cutler falls to us.
Titans want him, Jets want him and you can't count out Detriot or Arizona getting him either.

Vertical Limit
02-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Titans want him, Jets want him and you can't count out Detriot or Arizona getting him either.
Nor the Raiders.

Guys, stop dreaming. Remember last year? Aaron Rodgers was suppose to be the number 1 QB in the draft, then he didn't feel like showing up to the combines but Alex Smith did and Alex "Wow'd" the scouts?

Well, that is exactly what is happening at this very moment.

Vince Young scored a 6 on the wonderlic test, Matt Leinart is the most polished QB, Jay Cutler is impressing everyone in the combines.

I say we have a better chance at grabbing Vince Young, though I rather not have him. Rather have a proven pro bowl caliber QB (Drew Brees) over an unproven rookie.

Matt and Jay will be the first 2 QB's drafted in 2006.

Jnaledu3
02-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Nor the Raiders.

Guys, stop dreaming. Remember last year? Aaron Rodgers was suppose to be the number 1 QB in the draft, then he didn't feel like showing up to the combines but Alex Smith did and Alex "Wow'd" the scouts?

Well, that is exactly what is happening at this very moment.

Vince Young scored a 6 on the wonderlic test, Matt Leinart is the most polished QB, Jay Cutler is impressing everyone in the combines.

I say we have a better chance at grabbing Vince Young, though I rather not have him. Rather have a proven pro bowl caliber QB (Drew Brees) over an unproven rookie.

Matt and Jay will be the first 2 QB's drafted in 2006.

Alex Smith nor Aaron Rodgers competed at the combines last year. The both just did interviews. Aaron Rodgers actually participated in more scouting events than Smith.

I dont know where you got Vince Young got a 6 on the wonderlic, I have to look that up..

LIQUID24
02-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Alex Smith nor Aaron Rodgers competed at the combines last year. The both just did interviews.
They both ran the 40 there, I definitely remember that. I don't think either of them threw until their personal work-outs.

Motion
02-25-2006, 11:46 PM
i don't really think New York really wants him. I believe they are trying to trade down. And if they are really that bad they can get Quinn next year with there first overall pick. Arizona and detroit will turn to free agency. And saban may not want brees he may want to draft and mold his own man

I was never worried about the Jets in the first place, he'll be a Titan IMO.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 12:16 AM
i don't really think New York really wants him.
he won't be there for them anyway.

merlin00069
02-26-2006, 02:32 PM

I hope youre right and i hope this hype dies down simply because i want Cutler here but it doesnt seem that way. Im thinking It'll be a little like the David Carr/Joey Harrington thing....where one guy won more and the other was more productive...that with Young thrown in there. I think Cutler will be gone by 10 but not before. The only way we get him is to trade up...and as bad as i want that to happen saban wont do it.

playmaker1
02-26-2006, 07:46 PM
we wont have a shot at him, sorry

tmny99
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM

Yeah right!!!! That's crazy. Saban and his people have probably already been talking about Brees to his agents when they talk to them about Couch (yes it's probably tampering, but they are human beings, and it's very likely that that has happened). Saban wants to win NOW. He doesn't want to lose now to build for the future. He wants to win NOW while building for the future at the same time (acquire Brees and draft a QB prospect late).

unifiedtheory
02-26-2006, 08:38 PM

I think there is a 0% chance we get Cutler.

Actually, I'm thinking that if anyone wants Cutler they may have toi trade to the #1 spot to get him. Shefter just said on NFL Network that Sean Payton (the Saints coach) thinks Cutler is going to be the next Brett Favre.

I'm thinking Cutler does'nt fall past #2.

Motion
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM

Actually, I'm thinking that if anyone wants Cutler they may have toi trade to the #1 spot to get him. Shefter just said on NFL Network that Sean Payton (the Saints coach) thinks Cutler is going to be the next Brett Favre.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I was just saying in another thread that I don't see him falling past #3 at the worst, very possibly #2.

playmaker1
02-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I was just saying in another thread that I don't see him falling past #3 at the worst, very possibly #2.

yeah, I see this happening

Motion
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Which I can live with, I've pretty much given up hope of the Fins getting him, but sure as hell don't wanna see him in a Jets uniform.

finfan54
02-26-2006, 10:23 PM

what he said.

playmaker1
02-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Which I can live with, I've pretty much given up hope of the Fins getting him, but sure as hell don't wanna see him in a Jets uniform.

I totally agree Speed. I'd hate to play him twice a year. But these first few years I guess I wouldn't mind since he won't have much of a team around him

Eshlemon
02-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Doesn't appear Cutler is being considered by Titans. Adam Schein spoke with GM Floyd Reese of the Titans and apparantley wants Leinart then Young. And told Schein a definate "no" when asked about Cutler as pick for the Titans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5356890

SMadison29
02-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Doesn't appear Cutler is being considered by Titans. Adam Schein spoke with GM Floyd Reese of the Titans and apparantley wants Leinart then Young. And told Schein a definate "no" when asked about Cutler as pick for the Titans.

I don't know how much stock you can put in that though. Fisher & Chow coached him at the Senior Bowl & came away really impressed. Unless Reese doesn't plan on Chow being around much longer then he's better served going with Leinart or Cutler.

Eshlemon
02-27-2006, 02:15 AM
I don't know how much stock you can put in that though. Fisher & Chow coached him at the Senior Bowl & came away really impressed. Unless Reese doesn't plan on Chow being around much longer then he's better served going with Leinart or Cutler.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chow is head coach somewhere in 2007 and the team doesn't consider him a longterm part of organization (like Linehan with us). Fisher & Chow may have been impressed with Cutler a month ago, but the GM's statements are from a couple days ago. Fisher-Reese relationship is solid and in my opionion, if there was any question over Cutler/Young don't think Reese would have answered a definate "no" regarding the Titans interest in Cutler.

Motion
02-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Chow is head coach somewhere in 2007 and the team doesn't consider him a longterm part of organization (like Linehan with us). Fisher & Chow may have been impressed with Cutler a month ago, but the GM's statements are from a couple days ago. Fisher-Reese relationship is solid and in my opionion, if there was any question over Cutler/Young don't think Reese would have answered a definate "no" regarding the Titans interest in Cutler.

Why not? Its well known that the Jets like Cutler. If the Jets think the Titans aren't interested there would be no need to trade up and get Cutler.

PhinSoldia
02-27-2006, 10:13 AM
yes cutler has exceeded all our expectations....you see my sig? it would take nothin short of a miracle to get him in the organization....all the hype was right and he proved it at the senior bowl workouts and now at the combine...Jay Cut is out of out league....

now for Alex22 there is a very strong chance that Mr. Young falls right to us

Motion
02-27-2006, 10:19 AM
yes cutler has exceeded all our expectations...

Speak for yourself :wink: I've been saying for months he was top dog. :tongue:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-27-2006, 10:53 AM

teams don't give away their draft strategy 2 months before the draft. saying they flatout won't draft a player they could potentially be looking at would be dumb. it's just a smokescreen.

BlueFin
02-27-2006, 10:58 AM

No kidding Speed, anywhere but the Jets, I like him to much as a player to have to stomach that.

BlueFin
02-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Speak for yourself :wink: I've been saying for months he was top dog. :tongue:

Yep, and I remember arguing with most of this board that he was a sure fire first rounder and a great pick at 16 when most thought he was a second rounder at best.

Motion
02-27-2006, 11:02 AM
No kidding Speed, anywhere but the Jets, I like him to much as a player to have to stomach that.

Yeah I hear ya.

Motion
02-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Yep, and I remember arguing with most of this board that he was a sure fire first rounder and a great pick at 16 when most thought he was a second rounder at best.

Some people just know talent when they see it. :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-27-2006, 11:20 AM
i didn't see the talent when he was a freshman. amazing how much he's grown.

Eshlemon
03-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Why not? Its well known that the Jets like Cutler. If the Jets think the Titans aren't interested there would be no need to trade up and get Cutler.

Because basing anything currently beyond what GM Reese stated is pure speculation. Yes, the reporter could be lying and hope Reese calls his butt on it and the guy gets fired. Yes, Reese could be lying about showing interest in Cutler to keep Jets from trading ahead of the Titans. The Jets interest in trading up may be because they believe Titans are lying, or scared someone else is going to trade ahead of them, or are just stupid. And so on, and so on, and so on....ain't the offseason fun!:lol: