PDA

View Full Version : Question about premium membership

Ducken
02-26-2006, 01:25 PM
How do you go about being invited to be a premium member? Number of posts? Being one of the boys club? Call me selfish, but if I am going to give that kinda money I want it to be premium:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
How do you go about being invited to be a premium member? Number of posts? Being one of the boys club? Call me selfish, but if I am going to give that kinda money I want it to be premium:wink:Brother it's by invite only, and is 85.00 a year.:wink:

Ducken
02-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Brother it's by invite only, and is 85.00 a year.:wink:

I know it is by invite only, thats why I asked this question. "How do you go about being invited to be a premium member?" Was just wanting to know what you had to do to get that invite. I understand that there is limited openings for this and everything else. I am thinking of giving some more money other then the 24 for VIP and would prefer that it be of the Premium type then just a donation. But if it has to be just a donation so be it, but I have been a member here for a long time and I don't cause any trouble, but I don't post 100 times a day or try to be in with a certain crowed here, just try to have good disscusions with everyone and get along. In other words I kinda blend in with the crowd, and I would like to get a invite.

Ducken
02-27-2006, 10:33 PM
I guess a better question would be . What do you have to do to get an answer to a legit question?

Fin Fan in Cali
02-27-2006, 11:51 PM
I know it is by invite only, thats why I asked this question. "How do you go about being invited to be a premium member?" Was just wanting to know what you had to do to get that invite. I understand that there is limited openings for this and everything else. I am thinking of giving some more money other then the 24 for VIP and would prefer that it be of the Premium type then just a donation. But if it has to be just a donation so be it, but I have been a member here for a long time and I don't cause any trouble, but I don't post 100 times a day or try to be in with a certain crowed here, just try to have good disscusions with everyone and get along. In other words I kinda blend in with the crowd, and I would like to get a invite.I am sorry I didn't see this sooner bro. I just got an email from AJ one day offering it to me. PM Wharfrat or Mindwarp, and I am sure they will get back to you bro.

Fin Fan in Cali
02-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I guess a better question would be . What do you have to do to get an answer to a legit question?Bro I can't speak for the Mods, as they are probably just busy, and they aren't ignoring you bro.

Ducken
02-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I am sorry I didn't see this sooner bro. I just got an email from AJ one day offering it to me. PM Wharfrat or Mindwarp, and I am sure they will get back to you bro.

It is more then a little frustrating, I have had other questions before go unanswered that were sent by pm and even e-mail. You would think that one of the 4 or so Admins could at least acnowledge this post within 24 hours. The hunting web site I am a Moderator on, we would not leave one of our members hanging like that. We might not beable to give them an answer right away but atleast they would know that there was an answer coming. Granted that site does not recieve the volume of traffic this site gets but still, IMHO there is no reason not to let the person know his question has been read and a good answer is coming. But I am glad you have resopnded to this post. You command a grerat deal of respect around here, and maybe they assumed that your 1st response would be enough. IMHO they need to make you a Mod. if that is a position you would take. Well anyway I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

inFINSible
02-28-2006, 08:56 AM
It is more then a little frustrating, I have had other questions before go unanswered that were sent by pm and even e-mail. You would think that one of the 4 or so Admins could at least acnowledge this post within 24 hours. The hunting web site I am a Moderator on, we would not leave one of our members hanging like that. We might not beable to give them an answer right away but atleast they would know that there was an answer coming. Granted that site does not recieve the volume of traffic this site gets but still, IMHO there is no reason not to let the person know his question has been read and a good answer is coming. But I am glad you have resopnded to this post. You command a grerat deal of respect around here, and maybe they assumed that your 1st response would be enough. IMHO they need to make you a Mod. if that is a position you would take. Well anyway I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I'm sorry, I read your question and had a question about it myself, so I had to find something out first. I should have said something but, I thought I'd be back to it in a minute. Instead, I couldn't get my question answered right away and then I got busy with something else, and boom, next thing you know, I'm getting lambasted for shirking my duties. :lol:

I really am sorry, Ducken.:D

Premium membership is by nomination and vote, by existing premium members.

There is a vote coming again in March and the only thing I can do for you personally is bring your name up for consideration.

I would campaign for you which would virtually guarantee your acceptance but, my old beat up car isn't running too well and it would be too hard for me to get around, passing out flyers, staging rallies, shaking hands...etc etc... I really need a new car but I don't know where I'll ever find the money to get one....*sigh*

Ducken
02-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Thank you Thank you thank you. I appreciate your honesty I and I can completly understand, was just getting a tad frustrated there. With it being a nomination thing like that I can see how someone like myself could get lost in the crowd. I don't do a great deal of posting, although I have been of late, one of those spurts I go through, I don't create a bunch of threads, so I don't get the "pub" like some of the other guys who post a ton do. Like I said I am interested and if it happens it happens if not I'll donate some anyway.

Thanks again!!

inFINSible
02-28-2006, 09:34 AM
*cough cough....ahem*

I would campaign for you which would virtually guarantee your acceptance but, my old beat up car isn't running too well and it would be too hard for me to get around, passing out flyers, staging rallies, shaking hands...etc etc... I really need a new car but I don't know where I'll ever find the money to get one....*sigh*

BLITZKRIEG
02-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who see's what's really going on here.....

This VIP Forum / Premium Membership is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP / Premium Superior".....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP / Premium members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum / Premium members are only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done....

I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

WharfRat
02-28-2006, 01:52 PM

This VIP Forum is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP superior".....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum is only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done. I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Seriously...where have you been?
The VIP forum has been around for over a year, and you are the very first to complain about it.
Methinks you may be protesting, for the sake of protesting.

BLITZKRIEG
02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
The VIP forum has been around for over a year, and you are the very first to complain about it.

I highly doubt that I'm the very first, and only person to voice his own personal negative opinion of the VIP Forum. Here I am getting singled out again. Big surprise there. This place has become more and more corrupt with inflated ego's and arm chair GM's than we can handle anymore....

Here's a great thread that about sums it all up....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=125880

Since when is a personal opinion considered protesting???...

Methinks people who say "methinks", need to learn proper vocabulary.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Fin Fan in Cali
02-28-2006, 03:00 PM

This VIP Forum / Premium Membership is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP / Premium Superior".....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP / Premium members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum / Premium members are only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done....

I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!I take exception to your post. I am not bigger or better then anyone here at Finheaven. I became a premium member because I wanted to help the site to which I really enjoy, and care about bro. Perhaps sometime away from the board to relax a little will help.:wink:

King Nate
02-28-2006, 03:08 PM

PHINZ RULE!!!

We are equal. Some of us just got a little tired of "Zach Thomas to RB" so we ponied up a little dough to have some more mature conversations. That's all there is to it. I think you just like complaining.

ether79
02-28-2006, 03:13 PM
I highly doubt that I'm the very first, and only person to voice his own personal negative opinion of the VIP Forum. Here I am getting singled out again. Big surprise there. This place has become more and more corrupt with inflated ego's and arm chair GM's than we can handle anymore....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Seems like every vip or mod on this board is directly affecting you in a negative way. I think maybe you should take a break for awhile. All I seem to see from you is complaining, be it about the mods or the vips.

King Nate
02-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Seems like every vip or mod on this board is directly affecting you in a negative way. I think maybe you should take a break for awhile. All I seem to see from you is complaining, be it about the mods or the vips.

Be it about ANYTHING. Someone get him a little cheese with that whine.

WharfRat
02-28-2006, 08:06 PM

PHINZ RULE!!!

What sums it all up is...that you have a serious attitude problem.
And yes.. you are the first and only to have an issue with it.
METHINKS you should stop attempting to insult my vocabulary, and take some refresher courses in social skills. You're not getting "singled out", but rather you're getting the attention you're begging for by being antagonistic towards the staff.
This all begs the age old question:
If it's so horrible here that you can't stand it, then why on earth do you keep coming back?

Fin Fan in Cali
02-28-2006, 08:13 PM
If it's so horrible here that you can't stand it, then why on earth do you keep coming back? That is a very good point! Hey Blitz, take some time away for a bit, and come back ready to talk Dolphin football. At that time if you have any open issues, pm a Mod that can best help you bro, and work this out! We need more positivity here at the site.:wink: Talk the Mods in a pm and they will work with you, on any legit issues. Try to come up with a solution to what you see as a problem, rather then being negative, because by being negative no one wins bro.:wink:

Marino2Clayton
02-28-2006, 08:33 PM

Im not above being bribed. :goof:

FIN-IN-RI
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM

You're not, but out of the 10k+ members on this site, I bet I could count the number of you on one hand.

Ducken
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM
*cough cough....ahem*

See what I can do for you. I am on the process of selling some land so I might beable to swing something:wink:

welderpat
02-28-2006, 11:13 PM

PHINZ RULE!!!

I have a question for you blitz,
Do you log on to finheaven or does finheaven log on to youre computer????

I am not a member of anything.
No vip, No donatater, No premium, no nothing.
I have no problems here.
I even have my own smilie :wpat:
So whats the difference????
You are always looking to complain.
And I will be here to meet you when you stick up for youre "rights"
Please see my last post when you were ******* the last time.

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 12:28 PM
What sums it all up is...that you have a serious attitude problem.

My attitude has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. But, since most of you guys do not concur with my opinions of this topic, I come across as someone who's bucking the system in your eyes. You're labling me as a problem child simply because I don't agree with you on the inner workings of Finheaven. Attitude has nothing to do with it....

I've managed to keep my temper level as even as possible when I'm posting. I'm not insulting anyone, and I'm certainly not attacking anyone by stating my opinions here, I'm simply excercizing my rights to use freedom of speech, and freedom to believe what I choose to believe....

And yes.. you are the first and only to have an issue with it.

As I'm sure you can see, more and more members are starting to coming out, and are expressing having problems with this points system. I'm far from being alone in my opinions of this method of punishment.....

METHINKS you should stop attempting to insult my vocabulary, and take some refresher courses in social skills.

Methinks you should too....

You're not getting "singled out", but rather you're getting the attention you're begging for by being antagonistic towards the staff.

Yeah, I've been here since 2002, and now all of a sudden I'm begging for attention. YAWN....ZZZ.....

I've had issues with certain staff memebers in the past, and still do today. Nothing has changed. When I feel I'm being unfairly punished, my natural instinct is to question why, and to try and understand the reasoning behind it. Nothing more....

This all begs the age old question:
If it's so horrible here that you can't stand it, then why on earth do you keep coming back?

Because even with it's flaws, and it's "arm chair GM's that get on your nerves", it's still the best damn Phinz web board in existance....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 01:08 PM
My attitude has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. But, since most of you guys do not concur with my opinions of this topic, I come across as someone who's bucking the system in your eyes. You're labling me as a problem child simply because I don't agree with you on the inner workings of Finheaven. Attitude has nothing to do with it....

I've managed to keep my temper level as even as possible when I'm posting. I'm not insulting anyone, and I'm certainly not attacking anyone by stating my opinions here, I'm simply excercizing my rights to use freedom of speech, and freedom to believe what I choose to believe....

As I'm sure you can see, more and more members are starting to coming out, and are expressing having problems with this points system. I'm far from being alone in my opinions of this method of punishment.....

Methinks you should too....

Yeah, I've been here since 2002, and now all of a sudden I'm begging for attention. YAWN....ZZZ.....

I've had issues with certain staff memebers in the past, and still do today. Nothing has changed. When I feel I'm being unfairly punished, my natural instinct is to question why, and to try and understand the reasoning behind it. Nothing more....

Because even with it's flaws, and it's "arm chair GM's that get on your nerves", it's still the best damn Phinz web board in existance....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

ahhh...but you first stated that everyone would have a problem with VIPers... now you change that to everyone will have a problem with the points system?

To that statement, I responded that you are the first to complain about the VIP/Premium sections. Which you are.
Point system? yes, many have expressed concerns, what most of them failed to realize, is that the only change there, is that YOU can now see the "warning level". The staff has been tracking repeat offenders for as long as I've been an Admin (which was when Gram retired). The only changes are:
Now it's consistent, and the user can see where they stand. Not sure why an intelligent reasonable person such as yourself should have an issue with that.
Perhaps, instead of being inflammatory, you might try a different approach.
Deliberately breaking the rules because you may not like them comes across much differently than asking a well worded question here, and since your vocabulary skills are at a self-professed high level, you should have no problem with that.
Case in point: I do not like the law that says I cannot walk round in public naked, yet I certainly would not parade back and forth in front of the police station with no clothes on, waving my fists, chanting about how unfair it is. All that will do, is cause me to be singled out by the police. Hence, when you posted a complaint in the dolphins forum, relating to your not liking the rule telling members (all members, not just you) to post in the appropriate forum, you are in essence doing just that.
Keep in mind also, regarding your "freedom of speach" statement, that while that may be your inexorable right in America, it does not necessarily hold true here. This is not a public forum, it's privately owned. The rules are here for a reason, and we expect you to adhere to them, if you wish to keep the priveledge (not a right) to post here.
Instead of feebly attempting to insult my intelligence, perhaps you should take a long hard look at how you are coming across, and ask yourself if you would permit a guest in your home to act in the same manner.

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 02:04 PM
I have a question for you blitz,
Do you log on to finheaven or does finheaven log on to youre computer????

I am not a member of anything.
No vip, No donatater, No premium, no nothing.
I have no problems here.
I even have my own smilie :wpat:
So whats the difference????
You are always looking to complain.
And I will be here to meet you when you stick up for youre "rights"
Please see my last post when you were ******* the last time.

:yes:

Some ppl just need attention, welder. That's what it comes down to, IMO.

FIN-IN-RI
03-01-2006, 02:04 PM
ahhh...but you first stated that everyone would have a problem with VIPers... now you change that to everyone will have a problem with the points system?

To that statement I responded that you are the first to complain about the VIP/Premium sections. Which you are.
Point system? yes, many have expressed concerns, what most of them failed to realize, is that the only change there, is that YOU can now see the "warning level". The staff has been tracking repeat offenders for as long as I've been an Admin (which was when Gram retired). The only changes are:
Now it's consistent, and the user can see where they stand. Not sure why an intelligent reasonable person such as yourself should have an issue with that.
Deliberately breaking the rules because you may not like them comes across much differently than asking a well worded question here, and since your vocabulary skills are at a self-professed high level, you should have no problem with that.
Case in point: I do not like the law that says I cannot walk round in public naked, yet I certainly would not parade back and forth in front of the police station with no clothes on, waving my fists, chanting about how unfair it is. All that will do, is cause me to be singled out by the police. Hence, when you posted a complaint in the dolphins forum, relating to your not liking the rule telling members (all members, not just you) to post in the appropriate forum, you are in essence doing just that.
Keep in mind also, regarding your "freedom of speach" statement, that while that may be your inexorable right in a America, it does not necessarily hold true here. This is not a public forum, it's privately owned. The rules are here for a reason, and we expect you to adhere to them, if you wish to keep the priveledge (not a right) to post here.
Instead of feebly attempting to insult my intelligence, perhaps you should take a long hard look at how you are coming across, and ask yourself if you would permit a guest in your home to act in the same manner.

:clap:

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 02:33 PM

I'm saying both are flawed. The VIP membership is just a way for Finheaven to make extra money. But along with that, it seperates us as members. Like it or not, being a "VIP" is veiwed as a status symbol to many of the Finheaven members here, and when that's the case, it causes certain clicks to form as a result. That's where the problems come into play....

You've got VIP's treating the regulars like they're not as informed or as worthy of certain discussion. Many times I've witnessed more than one VIP ganging up on a non-VIP. It's almost becoming a daily ritual, and if everyone here were veiwed the same{NO SUPERIORITY LEVEL - VIP}, this would not be a problem....

It's like when someone says, "If you're not a season ticket holder, you're not a true fan". The VIP's{not all of them}, are starting to use that same close-minded level of mentality when it comes to being a member here. Being a Donator is one thing, but being a VIP is completely different because of the label it carries{VIP- Very Important Person}. They somehow feel more intelligent, and more important simply due to meaningless lable....

I'm not making this stuff up, it's truly happening. Maybe a good resolution would be for the VIP's being restricted from posting outside the VIP Forum. Makes perfect sense to me. They want to be VIP's, let them have football discussion with the VIP's in the VIP Forum. Keep them away from the normal "everyday Jacks" like myself, and those of us who think their way of existance on this board is corrupted by the lables of society....

To that statement, I responded that you are the first to complain about the VIP/Premium sections. Which you are.

Actually, we were talking about both....

Keep in mind also, regarding your "freedom of speach" statement, that while that may be your inexorable right in America, it does not necessarily hold true here. This is not a public forum, it's privately owned. The rules are here for a reason, and we expect you to adhere to them, if you wish to keep the priveledge (not a right) to post here.

You forgot to add.....BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 02:40 PM
You forgot to add.....BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

great way to show your superior vocabulary. :wink:

I'll assume this means that you have no reasonable retort, thereby acknowledging acceptance and compliance, and consider this little episode closed.
</IMG>

CrunchTime
03-01-2006, 02:55 PM

PHINZ RULE!!!

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill Blitz.
The site needed some funds so the VIP forum was invented.

All it takes to be a member is 24 dollars.The fact that many of the best posters are members is because many want to help the site.Its a plus that the threads in the forum are top notch.There are a lot of lurkers and infrequent posters who are members too.

Premium memberships are offered to established members who have demonstrated through time that they are loyal FH members and who are contributing in some way to help the site.Many of the members are performing important tasks such as maintaining the web site and server,scrpiting new code,designing art and graphics work etc.at no cost to the site.There is a labor of love involved.

Wanting to be a member and having the 84 dollars to be in it is not enough although there are certain Admins that can be bribed....apparently..
Cali and I received an invitation from AJ and it was a pleasant surprise to both of us.We try to help FH as much as we can.

This is not unusual among bigger sites.Many of them exist on donations so its important to have a core group to help donate and maintain the site.

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
great way to show your superior vocabulary. :wink:

I never claimed to have superior vocabulary to anyone, I just said I think you could use some help in that arena. If you see that as a direct insult, or if it somehow makes you feel inferior, that's your problem, not mine.....

I responded to the areas of your response that I felt were important. All that other garbage{BLAH}, is meaningless in my opinion. That's why I didn't have a response...

I'll assume this means that you have no reasonable retort, thereby acknowledging acceptance and compliance, and consider this little episode closed.

There was nothing there worth retorting to. It's closed, and I'm done questioning it publically. Have a nice day...

PHINZ RULE!!!

FinFrenzy
03-01-2006, 03:24 PM

Hmm...New Car for infins and I get a premium member logo. Not a bad deal. PM me your address and I'll send one to you :wink: You didn't specify size or style did you? :tongue: (You want a micro-machine or matchbox?)

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Hmm...New Car for infins and I get a premium member logo. Not a bad deal. PM me your address and I'll send one to you :wink: You didn't specify size or style did you? :tongue: (You want a micro-machine or matchbox?)
:lol:

I've always liked the rims on a matchbox car...

FinFrenzy
03-01-2006, 03:31 PM

PHINZ RULE!!!

I don't know about all that in the VIP forum BK. I joined the VIP forum for the simple reason of reading some post from posters I enjoy. As by my signup date and # of posts I am more of a poster during the offseason and lurker during the season. The VIP forum doesn't have 30 different guys starting different threads about Madden like trades going on among other things.

I do however feel Premium Members should be given on how long you've been a member.

I do have a question for the mod.....Why do some people have donator logos and some don't?

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I never claimed to have superior vocabulary to anyone, I just said I think you could use some help in that arena. If you see that as a direct insult, or if it somehow makes you feel inferior, that's your problem, not mine.....

I responded to the areas of your response that I felt were important. All that other garbage{BLAH}, is meaningless in my opinion. That's why I didn't have a response...

There was nothing there worth retorting to. It's closed, and I'm done questioning it publically. Have a nice day...

PHINZ RULE!!!

No...not a veiled insult at all right? you're completely innocent...
Personally, I have no lack of confidence in my conversational ability at all, however, when someone says I need work in that area, one would think that said person considers himself superior enough to even make that determination.
Anyway, as for "all that other garbage", those are actually words to live by for you. If you don't adhere to the rules, you'll quickly find yourself without the privilege to post. I suspect the real reason you care not to reply, is because you're finding it hard to refute the logic contained therein.
My day is great so far, I only hope yours proves to be similar in nature.

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't know about all that in the VIP forum BK. I joined the VIP forum for the simple reason of reading some post from posters I enjoy. As by my signup date and # of posts I am more of a poster during the offseason and lurker during the season. The VIP forum doesn't have 30 different guys starting different threads about Madden like trades going on among other things.

I do however feel Premium Members should be given on how long you've been a member.

I do have a question for the mod.....Why do some people have donator logos and some don't?
Some people have donated money other than VIP memberships cost....and some....the Super Donators have donated a LOT more.

NaboCane
03-01-2006, 03:36 PM

The Donator badges are for dollar contributions for anything other than a membership...in other words, if you send in $20 for the heck of it, you're a donator; if you re-up your VIP membership when it's due, while it IS appreciated, it really isn't a contribution that qualifies you for a Donator badge. Unless you add something extra along with your renwal $...then you'd qualify.

:D

FinFrenzy
03-01-2006, 03:40 PM
The Donator badges are for dollar contributions for anything other than a membership...in other words, if you send in $20 for the heck of it, you're a donator; if you re-up your VIP membership when it's due, while it IS appreciated, it really isn't a contribution that qualifies you for a Donator badge. Unless you add something extra along with your renwal $...then you'd qualify.

:D

Hmm doesn't make sense maybe I was just overlooked or kicked in the ribs, stepped on and left for dead. :wink: I think I'll go with the overlooked part. No big deal just wondering.

The same day I sent my membership I also donated $50 and several months ago I sent 100 or 200.

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Hmm doesn't make sense maybe I was just overlooked or kicked in the ribs, stepped on and left for dead. :wink: I think I'll go with the overlooked part. No big deal just wondering.

The same day I sent my membership I also donated $50 and several months ago I sent 100 or 200.

I'll hook you up now...
Trust me, it was an oversight. :wink:

FinFrenzy
03-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I'll hook you up now...
Trust me, it was an oversight. :wink:

:cooldude: It just had me thinking My God those guys with badges must be some donating like crazy.

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 03:48 PM
:cooldude: It just had me thinking My God those guys with badges must be some donating like crazy.

Actually, the "donating like crazy" guys, are the "super donators" :wink:

FinFrenzy
03-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the badge wharf.

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Personally, I have no lack of confidence in my conversational ability at all,

If that were in fact the case, my words of "vocabulary advice" that I made to you would have gone in one ear and out the other. Why would someone with such high confidence in their vocab skills{as you're claiming to have} have an issue with someone questioning it???....

Sure doesn't sound like confidence to me....

when someone says I need work in that area, one would think that said person considers himself superior enough to even make that determination.

There's no definition for the word "methinks". In other words, it doesn't even exist. It's a way of shortcutting, or using a slang-term. In my opinion, slang = poor vocabulary. I didn't claim anywhere that my vocabulary is superior to anyone's here, including yours....

Anyway, as for "all that other garbage", those are actually words to live by for you. I suspect the real reason you care not to reply, is because you're finding it hard to refute the logic contained therein.

There was no logic therein. It was all just mindless rambling of yours in attempt to further defend / make excuses for the way the system is set up. Better description : YAWN....

I don't have anything to say about the system other than I think it sucks. What else do you want, that's about as cut and dry / up front and direct as I know how to be. That's my retort that you're waiting for.....

You obviously support the way things are set up around here, and that's fine, I just happen to disagree, along with most of the people who are feeling the effects of it. It's already too late to stop as well, the conception of the VIP Forum will ultimately segregate the members of this board, and before long you'll have an all out war between the two sides....

Most VIP's don't get along with us bottom feeders down here, and vice versa. I just hope the people in charge have a great solution once all hell breaks loose between the two sides. It could be complete anarchy!, twenty years of darkness!, fire and brimstone!, cats and dogs living together!, MASS HYSTERIA!!!!.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Rocky Raccoon
03-01-2006, 04:34 PM
me thinks we need a section called "The Whinery" for people like Blitz

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 04:48 PM
me thinks we need a section called "The Whinery" for people like Blitz

LOL!!!....

I'm cool with that, as long as they throw in "The Kiddie Pool Forum" for members under the legal drinking age...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG
03-01-2006, 04:55 PM

If I'm truly the first member to complain about the VIP Forum, then where did I find this little nugget???...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89784

Step One : Open Mouth

Step Two : Insert Foot

PHINZ RULE!!!

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
If that were in fact the case, my words of "vocabulary advice" that I made to you would have gone in one ear and out the other. Why would someone with such high confidence in their vocab skills{as you're claiming to have} have an issue with someone questioning it???....

Sure doesn't sound like confidence to me....
Considering I've not used "blah, blah, blah", to the effect of a child with his finger in his ear, not wanting to hear what's being said, I'll let my statements stand on their own merit.

There's no definition for the word "methinks". In other words, it doesn't even exist. It's a way of shortcutting, or using a slang-term. In my opinion, slang = poor vocabulary. I didn't claim anywhere that my vocabulary is superior to anyone's here, including yours....

Methinks = olde english.
In fact it is most certainly a word.
Allow me to show you:
Methinks (Me*thinks") (?), v. impers.

[AS. [I]þyncan to seem, me¯ þynceð, me¯ þu¯hte, OE. me thinketh, me thoughte; akin to G. dünken to seem, denken to think, and E. think. See Me, and Think.]

It seems to me; I think. See Me. [R., except in poetry.] "In all ages poets have been had in special reputation, and, methinks, not without great cause." Spenser.

http://www.selfknowledge.com/59547.htm

Perhaps you might peruse that site, you may very well glean some knowlege from it. :wink:

There was no logic therein. It was all just mindless rambling of yours in attempt to further defend / make excuses for the way the system is set up. Better description : YAWN....
Oh, but there was logic there. It's a shame you can't see it. I suppose that happens when one closes their mind.

I don't have anything to say about the system other than I think it sucks. What else do you want, that's about as cut and dry / up front and direct as I know how to be. That's my retort that you're waiting for.....

You obviously support the way things are set up around here, and that's fine, I just happen to disagree, along with most of the people who are feeling the effects of it. It's already too late to stop as well, the conception of the VIP Forum will ultimately segregate the members of this board, and before long you'll have an all out war between the two sides....

Most VIP's don't get along with us bottom feeders down here, and vice versa. I just hope the people in charge have a great solution once all hell breaks loose between the two sides. It could be complete anarchy!, twenty years of darkness!, fire and brimstone!, cats and dogs living together!, MASS HYSTERIA!!!!.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Bottom line is, you don't have to like the rules. however you do have to obey them. Complaining about retribution after deliberately breaking them, is not only futile, but also detrimental.
I think most of what you site as truth, is merely your personal opinion of perhaps one or two VIP/Permium members. I'm sure that most of the other non-VIP members do not agree with you. If they did, this forum would be chock full of threads about it. Looking around, I see one or two people griping, besides yourself. There are thousands of othe active members who seem content with the way things are.
Cheers.

WharfRat
03-01-2006, 05:24 PM
If I'm truly the first member to complain about the VIP Forum, then where did I find this little nugget???...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89784

Step One : Open Mouth

Step Two : Insert Foot

PHINZ RULE!!!

Let's see.
There are almost 20 pages in that thread.
I scanned about 4 of them and saw all positive.
I'm not going through that whole thing just to find one negative comment, that was probably addressed in the thread, and accepted.
By the way... you really had to dig for that little "proof" of yours, didn't you.
Must have taken up quite a bit of your most valuable time.
I'm certainly impressed that the need to prove me wrong, in some way, has become such an obsession with you. Must be fulfilling to finally find something to make you believe that you actually have.

Step One: Drop it

Step Two: Leave it dropped.

Ducken
03-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Wow did this thread get highjacked or what:lol: It is a shame when ppl can't stop while they are ahead.

Scott Andrew
03-01-2006, 09:57 PM

speaking of donating badges... where did mine go???