PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

Canadi-Phin
02-26-2006, 08:20 PM
This guy is a freak. 6'4" 229lbs and runs a 4.5 40. Wow. Love to get this guy. I wonder how high he's going to rise. Whoever mentioned him firs, nice work.

RalphX19X
02-26-2006, 08:22 PM
I see him as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

playmaker1
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM
will be interesting to see where he goes

outtawack311
02-26-2006, 08:47 PM
I knew about him since I am a UCF student. I want him as a phin.

Check this out www.thehuddlereport.com he is on the front page and they say he is 1st round talent that will be taken late first day early second.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-26-2006, 09:07 PM
if we draft any receiver in this draft, i'd like after mike hass.

Canadi-Phin
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
I knew about him since I am a UCF student. I want him as a phin.

Check this out www.thehuddlereport.com (http://www.thehuddlereport.com) he is on the front page and they say he is 1st round talent that will be taken late first day early second.

That huddle report Mock is crazy. I'd only change in the 3rd taking Charles Spencer and then in the 7th taking Brandon Marshall

musphinzfan
02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
4.5 is great he has TO like comparisons.....I wouldnt mind him in the 4th if he does well in running his routes...He has the hands.

Ronnieisabeast
02-26-2006, 10:34 PM
if we draft any receiver in this draft, i'd like after mike hass.Jason Avent will be a sleeper and a very good pick if taken in 3rd or 4th rounder. Great hands and a very good route runner. Could be a little faster but his hands make up for it.

phinfan88
02-26-2006, 10:52 PM
i would like to have Haas too. marshall sounds like a beast too though

FinNasty
02-26-2006, 11:07 PM
I have been talking about this kid for a while...

He is huge and sure handed. He knows how to use his body, and has very quick hips allowing him to get in and out of his cuts extremely quick... He also runs with very short strides considering his size...

My only concern was that he was going to run in the 4.6s. He isnt a burner but an ideal possession receiver. However, with a 4.5 flat... he really helped out his stock. I think he is around a 4th rounder now...

playmaker1
02-26-2006, 11:08 PM
It all depends on where we could get him, if it is second day, Im for it. But I do agree, Haas would be one of my favs in the draft this year at WR

FinNasty
02-26-2006, 11:12 PM
It all depends on where we could get him, if it is second day, Im for it. But I do agree, Haas would be one of my favs in the draft this year at WR
well, we dont have a 5th or 6th round pick... so if he does end up on our team, its because we drafted him in the 4th...

FinNasty
02-27-2006, 12:12 AM
They just talked about Marshall on NFL Total Access... and they said he actually ran a 4.49...

playmaker1
02-27-2006, 12:20 AM
well, we dont have a 5th or 6th round pick... so if he does end up on our team, its because we drafted him in the 4th...

Nasty, we do have 3 7th round picks. And who knows about trades before the draft. I wont lie, 4th round is high for us to draft a WR, but I would sure like him on our team. It would depend on who we can get in FA, and in our drafts picks on day one. We have big needs over WR thats the only reason Im not wanting to draft him, nothing on him. I just see our team as really close, just a few position changes and upgrades

FinNasty
02-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Nasty, we do have 3 7th round picks. And who knows about trades before the draft. I wont lie, 4th round is high for us to draft a WR, but I would sure like him on our team. It would depend on who we can get in FA, and in our drafts picks on day one. We have big needs over WR thats the only reason Im not wanting to draft him, nothing on him. I just see our team as really close, just a few position changes and upgrades

Hey, if we can package some 7ths to move up and grab Marshall, that would be sweet... but I dont see it as something Saban would do...

And as Marshall's biggest fan, I am not sold on taking him in the 4th either, because like you said... we have bigger needs. However, I would LOVE to grab him in the 5th if available... too bad we dont have one...

playmaker1
02-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Hey, if we can package some 7ths to move up and grab Marshall, that would be sweet... but I dont see it as something Saban would do...

And as Marshall's biggest fan, I am not sold on taking him in the 4th either, because like you said... we have bigger needs. However, I would LOVE to grab him in the 5th if available... too bad we dont have one...

I totally agree, there is still some time before the draft, you never know what we might be able to do to get a few more picks. If w can somehow get a few more, I am all for drafting him, would be sweet to see him going deep in our uni's

ckparrothead
02-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Just as a warning, the more conservative official times I'm getting from my subscription say he ran a 4.60 and 4.55, so take it for what it's worth.

All in all, judging the range of times I'm getting, he timed out just a shade under what I really expected him to. I expected him to be about a 4.60 guy but he turned out to be more like a 4.55 guy.

FinNasty
02-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Just as a warning, the more conservative official times I'm getting from my subscription say he ran a 4.60 and 4.55, so take it for what it's worth.

All in all, judging the range of times I'm getting, he timed out just a shade under what I really expected him to. I expected him to be about a 4.60 guy but he turned out to be more like a 4.55 guy.

really? On NFL Total Access... they said he ran a 4.49... And they should have had official times at that point...

SR 7
02-27-2006, 05:16 AM
I see him as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

no way, he is projected to go in RD 2

Miamibyrd_24
02-27-2006, 09:52 AM
4.49 pretty good for his size, I would like to see this guy as a fin also, but if we K. Campbell, were not going to get B. Marshall. unless he some how slips into the 7th rd, which I strongly doubt.

FinNasty
02-27-2006, 10:01 AM

Not a chance he goes that high... If he ran a low 4.4... maybe.... but there is no way he goes before round 3... and I doubt he goes on the first day...

Itsdahumidity
02-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Not a chance he goes that high... If he ran a low 4.4... maybe.... but there is no way he goes before round 3... and I doubt he goes on the first day...

I disagree Nasty. There's always going to be a few coaches who look for versatility in players, especially someone Marshall's size. Plus running high 4.4s/low 4.5s should put him over the top imo. How did he do in his drills? Does anyone know? I just hope he doesn't land in ne with their multiple picks. :mad:

FinNasty
02-27-2006, 01:07 PM
I disagree Nasty. There's always going to be a few coaches who look for versatility in players, especially someone Marshall's size. Plus running high 4.4s/low 4.5s should put him over the top imo. How did he do in his drills? Does anyone know? I just hope he doesn't land in ne with their multiple picks. :mad:
My roommate is a Pat fan... and he also goes to UCF and is hoping they draft Marshall. If they do... I will be pissed to say the least... because then I am forced to hate him... :fire:

I just dont think he has put up the production or measureables to warrent a 2nd round pick... Who knows though...

I didnt see how he did in the drills... they didnt show him during the combine coverage... However, NFL Total Access singled him out with a few others and talked about him, and he looked good from what I saw... And apparently the announcers thought the same...

Motion
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM

projected by who?

Itsdahumidity
02-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I didnt see how he did in the drills... they didnt show him during the combine coverage... However, NFL Total Access singled him out with a few others and talked about him, and he looked good from what I saw... And apparently the announcers thought the same...

:up: Thanks.

Bellson
02-27-2006, 02:52 PM
This guy is a freak. 6'4" 229lbs and runs a 4.5 40. Wow. Love to get this guy. I wonder how high he's going to rise. Whoever mentioned him firs, nice work.

I'm not going to claim I was the first one to talk about this guy, but I definitely was one of the first. I graduated from UCF and kept up with them all year long. The guy is an animal and took advantage of being the #1 man after Mike Walker went down. Marshall is definitely a beast and I'm hearing he ran a 4.5 at the combine. Whoever grabs this guy is going to get some major talent. I hope he ends up in a Fins uni.

outtawack311
02-27-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm not going to claim I was the first one to talk about this guy, but I definitely was one of the first. I graduated from UCF and kept up with them all year long. The guy is an animal and took advantage of being the #1 man after Mike Walker went down. Marshall is definitely a beast and I'm hearing he ran a 4.5 at the combine. Whoever grabs this guy is going to get some major talent. I hope he ends up in a Fins uni.

Speaking of Walker, I wouldn't mind him being a phin after next year if he recovers fully, since he was actually the better of the 2 when they were both on the field.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-27-2006, 05:31 PM
walker is better than marshall. he'll get a lot of attention next year.

SR 7
02-27-2006, 06:35 PM

ooo sorrry i was thinking richard marhsall! haha my bad guys. wrong person.