PDA

View Full Version : chad jackson?

SwimminInIndy
02-27-2006, 12:35 PM
hey any way we get this stud from florida? or are we just going to stick with a FA WR? i love this kid, but i think saban will get defense in the 1st. and i know that chad wont be in the 2nd.

dolfanknox
02-27-2006, 12:41 PM
i think he is killer too. his 40 was insane. i think he caught every ball thrown his way last week. i doubt he will be there in the 2nd too. i know saban wont take him in the 1st. but if something happens and he is there, he is ours.

BennyVW
02-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Just realize that he is a catch and run guy...not a long ball threat. Kinda of like chambers..more dangerous with YAC than anything else.... The kid deserves a look, but this WR class is really lacking this year...

DreamWeaver
02-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Florida receivers are horrible....pass. I'd much rather see Miami take Nick Mangold or Winston Justice if Cutler is a goner, which looks pretty likely. Croyle and Whitehurst looked really good yesterday...either one of them would fit nicely in Round 2!

#1 Fan
02-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Justice would be a great fit, but I''l take any of the OT's from a stacked class. I'd be thrilled with cutler too. Love his attitude.

Elle Clouds
02-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Florida receivers are horrible....pass. I'd much rather see Miami take Nick Mangold or Winston Justice if Cutler is a goner, which looks pretty likely. Croyle and Whitehurst looked really good yesterday...either one of them would fit nicely in Round 2!

exactly.. and i just graduated from UF..riddell anthony, jacquez green, jabar gaffney, reche caldwell = poop.. chad jackson will be just as good as those were in the nfl.. mediocre at best

DeDolfan
02-27-2006, 01:15 PM
hey any way we get this stud from florida? or are we just going to stick with a FA WR? i love this kid, but i think saban will get defense in the 1st. and i know that chad wont be in the 2nd.

I will all depend on fA as to what Saban does in the 1st round.

Motion
02-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Save the stereotypes. Jackson very possibly won't even be there in the 1st when we pick. Very likely he could go to the Eagles at 14.

Motion
02-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Looked good doing what?

tylerdolphin
02-27-2006, 01:16 PM
exactly.. and i just graduated from UF..riddell anthony, jacquez green, jabar gaffney, reche caldwell = poop.. chad jackson will be just as good as those were in the nfl.. mediocre at best I wouldnt say its just because they are from Florida. Chad is his own man. His own talent. Do you think Florida would be recruiting top WRs if a Florida WR could never make it in the NFL?

tylerdolphin
02-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Whitehurst didnt even throw.

Motion
02-27-2006, 01:18 PM
exactly.. and i just graduated from UF..riddell anthony, jacquez green, jabar gaffney, reche caldwell = poop.. chad jackson will be just as good as those were in the nfl.. mediocre at best

How about Darrell Jackson and Ike Hilliard? Both solid NFL WRs.

Judging a player by the school he went to is just plain ignorance.

fishbanger
02-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Lets also add Wes Chandler, and a couple of others that played in Super Bowls. Ricky Nattiel and

Can you name the one that played for Cincinnatti who is a famous broadcaster?

Wow I guess none of them are that good.

Lets just say that Jackson does it all and would be great at moving the chains since he knows how to get open with that 4.32 speed and has fantastic hands.

Alex44
02-27-2006, 03:44 PM

Well Jerry Rice went to a divison II school, under your theory all Divison II recievers must be amazing

You cant judge a guy based on others who played for a different head coach, and in a different system

I wish we didnt have so many other holes to fill, because id love chad jackson on this team, he has done nothing but impress me every time I see him

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Good chance that Chad Jackson won't be there, Cause with that showing he had at the combine he is skyrocketing. He probably made a very good choice to leave Florida and go to the NFL. I am a huge Gator fan and it hurt but was smart. Yeah saying jackson is gunna suck cause he went to Florida is really digging deep. Thats really stupid.

HeyIt'sMe
02-27-2006, 04:48 PM
I remember when the Chiefs drafted Larry Johnson 23rd (I believe) overall in the 2003 draft and fans were already proclaiming him a bust because he was from Penn State. Stereotypes are ridiculous, especially when you take into account that Jackson never played for Spurrier and, moreover, played in a pro style offense 2 of his 3 years of Florida under Zook. He is most assuredly a deep threat, as his 22.3 YPC average his sophomore attests to. Yeah, he averaged just over barely 10 YPC this past season, but that had more to do with injuries to other Florida receivers and the system he was in.

I'm from Alabama, graduated from Auburn, and Chad Jackson is considered a god around Hoover, which is where he went to school. The year he was being recruited, he was a consensus top 3 wideout and was a 5 star on both rivals and scout.com. He's got every thing you look for in a wideout. Size (6'1, 210), speed (4.3 40), leaping ability (40 inch vertical), runs great routes, and is a quick learner (had to learn 3 different playbooks while at Florida). Oh, and he's a physical specimen. The kid is flat out cut, and looks like a younger, faster Terrell Owens.

Chad Jackson will be a pro bowl receiver in the NFL, book it.

mia4ever
02-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I remember when the Chiefs drafted Larry Johnson 23rd (I believe) overall in the 2003 draft and fans were already proclaiming him a bust because he was from Penn State. Stereotypes are ridiculous, especially when you take into account that Jackson never played for Spurrier and, moreover, played in a pro style offense 2 of his 3 years of Florida under Zook. He is most assuredly a deep threat, as his 22.3 YPC average his sophomore attests to. Yeah, he averaged just over barely 10 YPC this past season, but that had more to do with injuries to other Florida receivers and the system he was in.

I'm from Alabama, graduated from Auburn, and Chad Jackson is considered a god around Hoover, which is where he went to school. The year he was being recruited, he was a consensus top 3 wideout and was a 5 star on both rivals and scout.com. He's got every thing you look for in a wideout. Size (6'1, 210), speed (4.3 40), leaping ability (40 inch vertical), runs great routes, and is a quick learner (had to learn 3 different playbooks while at Florida). Oh, and he's a physical specimen. The kid is flat out cut, and looks like a younger, faster Terrell Owens.

I'm buying.
I'm not ever a Florida Fan

Motion
02-27-2006, 05:10 PM

YEAH! What he said. :D

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 05:15 PM

great post! I agree all the way.

musphinzfan
02-27-2006, 05:35 PM
i used to think that but Jackson actually shocked alot of peeps...His question was his speed and he put that away....I like him alot now...He catches the ball with his hands and is a good route runner.

Dolfan11
02-27-2006, 07:19 PM

What about Omar Jacobs? I think he looked better then both of those yesterday.

I agree with this as well.

SR 7
02-27-2006, 10:11 PM
the mans body is amazing!! look at him, clone of TO almsot.

god-wears-13
02-27-2006, 10:14 PM
It would be nice to have Jackson line up opposite Chambers....

Miamibyrd_24
02-27-2006, 10:23 PM
No way we land this guy. He just put up one of the top 40 times in the combine this year, and that moves him up to a late 1st or 2nd pick. Teams like Seattle, Denver, or Vikes may take a chance him early.

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 10:35 PM
No way we land this guy. He just put up one of the top 40 times in the combine this year, and that moves him up to a late 1st or 2nd pick. Teams like Seattle, Denver, or Vikes may take a chance him early.

He probably just moved himself up to maybe top 15. He won't be there when Seattle picks

SR 7
02-27-2006, 11:25 PM
He probably just moved himself up to maybe top 15. He won't be there when Seattle picks

exactly

Motion
02-27-2006, 11:56 PM
I can definitely see the Eagles taking him.

Danny
02-28-2006, 12:15 AM
I just don't think we'll go WR at 16....I could see it if we move down but even then I still doubt it....we should go defence or o-line with our top 3 picks imo.....but if Moss is there in the 2nd then I think Nick could consider him.I like Mangold but 16 is a little high for him imo....again, maybe if we move down but I'm hoping for Brees and Bentley so there'd be no need for a center.

Ozzy rules!!

SR 7
02-28-2006, 12:25 AM
I just don't think we'll go WR at 16....I could see it if we move down but even then I still doubt it....we should go defence or o-line with our top 3 picks imo.....but if Moss is there in the 2nd then I think Nick could consider him.I like Mangold but 16 is a little high for him imo....again, maybe if we move down but I'm hoping for Brees and Bentley so there'd be no need for a center.

Ozzy rules!!

EXACTLY! that takes care of 2 picks. save it for lawson, hoepfully get a pick for ricky if all turns out well then use those 2 picks on a S adn a CB if not a LT.