PDA

View Full Version : Trading up

Rixon
02-27-2006, 01:20 PM
"Whether it's Reggie Bush, Vince Young or Matt Leinart, those three players are going to produce trade offers. We are definitely going to have some choices when it comes to draft day. Nick Saban and the Miami Dolphins have expressed interest in a major deal that would give Miami a chance at drafting either Leinart or Young":dolphins:

Motion
02-27-2006, 01:21 PM
link?

I smell BS. Saban likes his draft picks, I doubt he'd trade half of them away to move up that far. Where is that quote from?

Rixon
02-27-2006, 02:35 PM
No link needed my friend
those are my words

Motion
02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
No link needed my friend
those are my words

:confused: What? Where are you getting this info from then? Whats this "major deal"???

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Huh?

TotoreMexico
02-27-2006, 03:20 PM
:hmmm: :confused2

Finsfan79
02-27-2006, 04:10 PM
no way that happens it would cost a 2nd and 1 next year and perhaps a 2nd too lol

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah gunna cost way too much.

Danny
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
If anything Nick will move down, specially if we get Brees and Bentley....he'd use the draft to get younger on defence imo......if Greenway and Huff are both gone....I think Nick will look hard at Lawson, Carpenter and Watson at 16....that's just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!

Motion
02-27-2006, 04:23 PM
If anything Nick will move down, specially if we get Brees and Bentley....he'd use the draft to get younger on defence imo......if Greenway and Huff are both gone....I think Nick will look hard at Lawson, Carpenter and Watson at 16....that's just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!

Don't forget Ko Simpson if we trade down.

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
yeah Ko simpson would be sweet.

Did not even reconize you Speed cause of the new Avatar.:D

Rixon
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Were in for a big surprise Gents

Motion
02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Were in for a big surprise Gents

I'm not holding my breath, considering you won't elaborate and we likely wouldn't have to make a "major deal" to get Young anyway.

Finsfan79
02-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I am hoping Carpenter or Lawson, if somehow greenway falls he would interest me too if he can fill out a bit fo the 3-4

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 05:17 PM
I really like abdoul Hodge in the second round. He was a Beast in the Outback bowl v.s. the Gators

Motion
02-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I really like abdoul Hodge in the second round. He was a Beast in the Outback bowl v.s. the Gators

Agree 100%, I was MUCH more impressed with him than Greenway in that game. Greenway didn't do squat.

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Agree 100%, I was MUCH more impressed with him than Greenway in that game. Greenway didn't do squat.

Yeah they were always talking about Greenway and he did nothing. Hodge had like 15 or so tackles and he was all over the place.

Motion
02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah they were always talking about Greenway and he did nothing. Hodge had like 15 or so tackles and he was all over the place.

Yeah, broke the Outback Bowl record for tackles.

Skeet84
02-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, broke the Outback Bowl record for tackles.

I did not even know that. I do remember at the end of the game the annoucers were all like someone needs to make a play and he had like 3 straight tackles. Then the Gators had to punt.

Dredd1050
02-27-2006, 05:52 PM
That will never happen.

Motion
02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
CLayton just mentioned Miami when talking about Houston trading down, but then said that would be to far for the Texans to go down.

Dolfan11
02-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Am I the only one who would not like to draft Vince Young. I don't think he's fit for the Dolphins. As for trading up, I would rather trade down and get more picks.

Motion
02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Am I the only one who would not like to draft Vince Young. I don't think he's fit for the Dolphins. As for trading up, I would rather trade down and get more picks.

Definitely not, I'm driving the anti-Young bandwagon and we got plenty of passengers. :wink::lol:

kpcane
02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
No link needed my friend
those are my words

what a joke

Rixon
02-27-2006, 09:33 PM
youll all beleive it when you see it
I trully am sorry if im being a bit mysterious about this whole thing but i have to

Fynasty
02-27-2006, 10:07 PM
youll all beleive it when you see it
I trully am sorry if im being a bit mysterious about this whole thing but i have to

Mmmmkay.

Is there any way to put someone on "ignore"?

miamiron
02-27-2006, 11:40 PM
No link needed my friend
those are my words

Mrs. Cleo (psychic network) said so!!:sidelol:

MiamiRon

Rixon
02-28-2006, 02:09 PM
the swami says:

Ricky will be absolved of any wrong doing :escape:

Motion
02-28-2006, 02:10 PM
the swami says:

Ricky will be absolved of any wrong doing :escape:

Your gonna have to pull something better than that outta your crystal ball. Already several reports saying that.

Rixon
02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
THEN the predictions are already becoming truths

Motion
02-28-2006, 04:18 PM
THEN the predictions are already becoming truths

Not much of a prediction when there were reports on that news first. :shakeno:

Rixon
02-28-2006, 04:21 PM
:tantrum:

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Not much of a prediction when there were reports on that news first. :shakeno:

:lol: :lol: Good one :wink:

Motion
02-28-2006, 04:23 PM
:tantrum:

:lol: At least you still have my attention at this "big deal" thats supposedly in the works. Not that we'd need a big deal to get Young.

LIQUID24
02-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Delete this thread.

Rixon
02-28-2006, 04:29 PM
I hope youre right Speed
Young is special

Motion
02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I hope youre right Speed
Young is special

Yeah, Special Ed with that wonderlic score.

Rixon
02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Delete this thread.

you dont like it dont read it :refuse:

Rixon
02-28-2006, 04:32 PM

:sidelol:

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: That was sooo wrong however still soooo funny! :sidelol: :sidelol:

Rixon
02-28-2006, 05:42 PM
ok ok very funny
but the truth is that Young is smart very smart
you guys just want to put down another black QB

Motion
02-28-2006, 05:43 PM
ok ok very funny

Come on now, don't make it about that. That has nothing to do with my opinion of him.

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 05:45 PM
ok ok very funny

Please don't make this about his race. I mean thats not even funny.

Rixon
02-28-2006, 05:48 PM
you guys make me sick

Rixon
02-28-2006, 05:49 PM
lets just drop this OK

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 05:50 PM
lets just drop this OK

ummmmmmmm O K. :shakeno:

LIQUID24
Shut your pie hole already.

Motion
:confused: okay

Rixon
02-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Shut your pie hole already.

dont be rude please

we are having an educated debate here

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 06:00 PM
dont be rude please

we are having an educated debate here

I would not say all that after reading some of your comments.

chris34au
02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I would not say all that after reading some of your comments.

:sidelol:

Rixon
02-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Ok here it is
I am a season ticket holder and i sit in section 410
I am willing to bet my tickets for the 2nd pre season game of 2006.

ronrevog
02-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Yes, I would hope so anyway... Vince Young is the best case scenario for the dolphins in this draft, is it going to happen, probably not, will Vince Young's stock drop far enough for the Dolphins to get a chance at the kid? Probably not.

I'm a High School Football Coach, and I will use the same categorical breakdown when I scout players and apply it to why Young will suceed at the pro level.

there are 3 thing you look for when rating a QB I will use the A-F grading scale and then compare it to the next best competitor coming out of the draft:

1. Physical Attributes: A+
- His 6'5" 235lbs frame is perfect for the position, his 4.4 - 4.5 40 speed is amazing for that frame. Even though I've heard he has been clocked at mike vick, matt jones style speeds (4.3 range). This means you basically have Daunte Culpepper potential with Mike Vick explosiveness.

Who is second best in the draft in this department, hands down Charlie Whitehurst. followed by Leinart, Cutler, and Croyle, with Jacobs creeping in there as well...

As far as comparing this to Drew Brees to qoute "Full metal Jacket" i didnt think they stacked Sh*t that high"

2. Position Mechanics and Abilities: A-
-Young's arm strength has never been in question, his accuracy has never been questioned either, the only thing they bring up about the kid is that he has an odd throwing mechanic, one that has been tried to get coached out of him by the QB coach at texas. One that was never succesfully removed, to this i say "THANK GOD" and so does the rest of the faculty at UT. believe me, the kid throws which such a unique and graceful motion, that it increases his accuracy by a factor of 10 over most QB's... Our program was given comp entrance to the College QB challenge, and anyone else who had the pleasure of attending saw that Young was the only one who succesfully hit the long acuracy route, and the quick tire throws, no one else even came close.

Young is the safest bet at QB leaving college since Payton Manning. Hand down, anyone who disagrees better have some solid foundations for their arguments. Or should i direct you to the tape of the last 2 rose bowls.

Last thing on point 2, Dan Marino had a similar "Slingin" motion as to Young, no one ever tried to coach that out of him.

Next best on the list probably, Cutler, Leinart, Whitehurst, Croyle, Jacobs, Vick. In that order.

3. Intangibles: A++

Whatever "it" is, no one else has "it" like Vince Young does, i would go as far to say that no has had this much "it" coming out of college since Hershell Walker, Payton Manning, etc... Even though Vince has done 5 times as much for the collegiate game than those two put together.

The guy is beyond special...

and if i could pick one coach to groom him into a superstar, i would pick Mike Mularky based on his track record with Kordell.

If it happens we might not win it next year, but we'll win the next 3 after that.

im not gonna review, pardon the typos, just from the heart, i support the roxin, his insights are braver than any of the other guys flaming on him...

SF Dolphin Fan
02-28-2006, 08:42 PM

Ozzy rules!!

Totally agree. Lawson, Carpenter and Watson would be perfect fits for what Saban wants to do. Greenway is #1 on my list, but I keep hearing SF wants him at #7. If they pass, I don't see him getting past Cleveland. The Browns are competing for the same type of players Saban wants.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Yes, I would hope so anyway... Vince Young is the best case scenario for the dolphins in this draft, is it going to happen, probably not, will Vince Young's stock drop far enough for the Dolphins to get a chance at the kid? Probably not.

I'm a High School Football Coach, and I will use the same categorical breakdown when I scout players and apply it to why Young will suceed at the pro level.

there are 3 thing you look for when rating a QB I will use the A-F grading scale and then compare it to the next best competitor coming out of the draft:

1. Physical Attributes: A+
- His 6'5" 235lbs frame is perfect for the position, his 4.4 - 4.5 40 speed is amazing for that frame. Even though I've heard he has been clocked at mike vick, matt jones style speeds (4.3 range). This means you basically have Daunte Culpepper potential with Mike Vick explosiveness.

Who is second best in the draft in this department, hands down Charlie Whitehurst. followed by Leinart, Cutler, and Croyle, with Jacobs creeping in there as well...

As far as comparing this to Drew Brees to qoute "Full metal Jacket" i didnt think they stacked Sh*t that high"

2. Position Mechanics and Abilities: A-
-Young's arm strength has never been in question, his accuracy has never been questioned either, the only thing they bring up about the kid is that he has an odd throwing mechanic, one that has been tried to get coached out of him by the QB coach at texas. One that was never succesfully removed, to this i say "THANK GOD" and so does the rest of the faculty at UT. believe me, the kid throws which such a unique and graceful motion, that it increases his accuracy by a factor of 10 over most QB's... Our program was given comp entrance to the College QB challenge, and anyone else who had the pleasure of attending saw that Young was the only one who succesfully hit the long acuracy route, and the quick tire throws, no one else even came close.

Young is the safest bet at QB leaving college since Payton Manning. Hand down, anyone who disagrees better have some solid foundations for their arguments. Or should i direct you to the tape of the last 2 rose bowls.

Last thing on point 2, Dan Marino had a similar "Slingin" motion as to Young, no one ever tried to coach that out of him.

Next best on the list probably, Cutler, Leinart, Whitehurst, Croyle, Jacobs, Vick. In that order.

3. Intangibles: A++

Whatever "it" is, no one else has "it" like Vince Young does, i would go as far to say that no has had this much "it" coming out of college since Hershell Walker, Payton Manning, etc... Even though Vince has done 5 times as much for the collegiate game than those two put together.

The guy is beyond special...

and if i could pick one coach to groom him into a superstar, i would pick Mike Mularky based on his track record with Kordell.

If it happens we might not win it next year, but we'll win the next 3 after that.

im not gonna review, pardon the typos, just from the heart, i support the roxin, his insights are braver than any of the other guys flaming on him...

I agree. The guy was absolutely dominant in both Rose Bowl games and had to be spectaular for his team to win both of those games. I would absolutely love it if Miami got Young. Above all, the guy is a winner.

ChambersWI
02-28-2006, 08:58 PM
IMO the only way we trade up is if either Cutler or Huff last to Arizona or Detroit.

Rixon
02-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Mr Ron thank you for your support
btw its spelled Rixon

King Felix
02-28-2006, 09:54 PM
rixon for some reason i see ur avator and ithink of u.

Motion
02-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Yes, I would hope so anyway... Vince Young is the best case scenario for the dolphins in this draft,

Strongly disagree.

His insights are "braver"??? By saying theres a deal in the works and he's sorry he has to be so "mysterious"???

Yeah okay

Rixon
02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
how come chris?

Rixon
02-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Mr Speed
all you have done is disagree
Give us some insight on how to address the QB position please. This is the major issue the dolphins need to address.

ronrevog
02-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Strongly disagree.

His insights are "braver"??? By saying theres a deal in the works and he's sorry he has to be so "mysterious"???

Yeah okay

okay I agree that his posts do sound slightly "homerish" but the fact remains the same. The only concern the dolphins need to focus on for the upcoming season is gainin a stable situation at the quaterback position, thats it. Plain and simple.

Making a deal for Vince Young would be it...

Our only hope is that he falls down far enough that we get a chance a la Marino, and like the Marino situation that enough ugly rumors fly around about him for us to steal him with a 16th pick...

Im interested in the fact that you mentioned that we wouldnt need a "Big" deal to land Young, can you please elaborate...

Motion
02-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Mr Speed
all you have done is disagree
Give us some insight on how to address the QB position please. This is the major issue the dolphins need to address.

I completely agree, I've been saying for years we needed a real QB. Hard to say how we'll go about dealing with it considering FA and such. If Brees is 100%, I'd welcome him with open arms. However, my dream scenario would be to somehow land Jay Cutler, because I'd rather groom our own franchise QB from day 1.

Rixon
02-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I completely agree, I've been saying for years we needed a real QB. Hard to say how we'll go about dealing with it considering FA and such. If Brees is 100%, I'd welcome him with open arms. However, my dream scenario would be to somehow land Jay Cutler, because I'd rather groom our own franchise QB from day 1.

the saban deal will bring one of those guys in

Motion
02-28-2006, 10:56 PM
okay I agree that his posts do sound slightly "homerish" but the fact remains the same. The only concern the dolphins need to focus on for the upcoming season is gainin a stable situation at the quaterback position, thats it. Plain and simple.

Making a deal for Vince Young would be it...

Our only hope is that he falls down far enough that we get a chance a la Marino, and like the Marino situation that enough ugly rumors fly around about him for us to steal him with a 16th pick...

Im interested in the fact that you mentioned that we wouldnt need a "Big" deal to land Young, can you please elaborate...

I completely agree with the need for a QB, however I am not a fan of Mr. Young whatsoever. Many think Young will slip in the draft, Boomer and CK the resident Draft gurus both think he could even slid past us to the late teens. I think its very possible, with Cutler's willingness to take part in any and every drill for the scouts this weekend plus his senior bowl showing, I think he has solidified himself as a top 5 pick.

Motion
02-28-2006, 10:57 PM
the saban deal will bring one of those guys in

Here's hoping your right.

ronrevog
02-28-2006, 11:10 PM
I completely agree with the need for a QB, however I am not a fan of Mr. Young whatsoever. Many think Young will slip in the draft, Boomer and CK the resident Draft gurus both think he could even slid past us to the late teens. I think its very possible, with Cutler's willingness to take part in any and every drill for the scouts this weekend plus his senior bowl showing, I think he has solidified himself as a top 5 pick.

What is the upside to Cutler?

I've seen most of the NFL network combine stuff, and while hes performing well at it, hes still questionable to me... I see him in the mold of a Kyle Boller at best, even though Boller had 8 times the combine Cutler showed... Cutler also has many laggin injuries, Vince Young does not get injured. Cutler has a lot of heart and is very emotional i see this as a shortcoming, he over compensates with his throws, puts too much speed on it at times (we know this worked hreat for elway, and favre, but Jay is no where near as talented as those two coming out of college). Cutler is a terrible "throw into coverage" kinda guy, will always have more picks than TDs in the pros. He's such a hot head that he will force throws in there...

Would you really pass on Young (if cutler was still on the board as well)? If you were calling in the picks

Rixon
02-28-2006, 11:41 PM
:mysteryma
Here's hoping your right.

Tpaddle
03-01-2006, 12:12 AM
IF THE DOLPHINS DON'T GET BREES OR MCNAIR, THEY WILL HAVE TO TRADE UP AND TRY TO PICK LEINART OR YOUNG. BUT, IF THEY GET A QB FROM FREE AGENCY, THEY SHOULD TRY FOR AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

MY FAVORITE D-LINE PLAYA....
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/222743-1.jpg#94 KEITH TRAYLOR
(THE JERSEY IS USUALLY ROLLED UP DURING THE GAME)

BlueFin
03-01-2006, 08:27 AM
:confused: What? Where are you getting this info from then? Whats this "major deal"???

:yeahthat:

Motion
03-01-2006, 09:17 AM
What is the upside to Cutler?

I've seen most of the NFL network combine stuff, and while hes performing well at it, hes still questionable to me... I see him in the mold of a Kyle Boller at best, even though Boller had 8 times the combine Cutler showed... Cutler also has many laggin injuries, Vince Young does not get injured. Cutler has a lot of heart and is very emotional i see this as a shortcoming, he over compensates with his throws, puts too much speed on it at times (we know this worked hreat for elway, and favre, but Jay is no where near as talented as those two coming out of college). Cutler is a terrible "throw into coverage" kinda guy, will always have more picks than TDs in the pros. He's such a hot head that he will force throws in there...

Would you really pass on Young (if cutler was still on the board as well)? If you were calling in the picks

This post really shows me that you haven't seen much of Cutler. Whats the upside to Cutler? Are you serious? He has the most upside of all the Qbs in the draft IMO. Lagging injuries? I don't think so. I'd pass on Young period, even if Cutler is already gone, which he will be unfortunately.

Rixon
03-01-2006, 10:31 AM
This post really shows me that you haven't seen much of Cutler. Whats the upside to Cutler? Are you serious? He has the most upside of all the Qbs in the draft IMO. Lagging injuries? I don't think so. I'd pass on Young period, even if Cutler is already gone, which he will be unfortunately.

you mean if young slips to #16 and cutler is already drafted.
you would not draft young?

Motion
03-01-2006, 10:39 AM
you mean if young slips to #16 and cutler is already drafted.
you would not draft young?

Thats exactly what I mean.

Coral Reefer
03-01-2006, 10:55 AM
No link needed my friend
those are my words

God I love this place at times! :lol:

Hey if Joe down at the diner says were making a deal then dang it, it's gonna happen! What more proof do you need guys, SHEESH! :lol:

Coral Reefer
03-01-2006, 11:00 AM

Personally, I'm pretty turned off on Greenway at this point.

His numbers at the combine really threw me.
Before everyone jumps my back, I know that combine numbers aren't everything BUT his strength and speed numbers were to off not to take notice. I was benching more than him by the time I was a sophomore player in college.

Technique and heart can take a player to a point but the physical skills have to be there as well especially when your making such a big jump, college to NFL.

A mid 1st round pick is too much to give for a player that dosen't bring the whole package IMO.

Coral Reefer
03-01-2006, 11:02 AM
ok ok very funny

Someone always has to go there..... :shakeno:

PhinSoldia
03-01-2006, 11:25 AM
i am black and i dont like him....its not because we want to down another Black QB its because he is as smart as a fat dog in heat....he WILL drop not because of the wonderlic alone but everything else that is flawed with his game....the wonderlic is just the straw that broke the camel's back

Rixon
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
:dolphins:
God I love this place at times! :lol:

Hey if Joe down at the diner says were making a deal then dang it, it's gonna happen! What more proof do you need guys, SHEESH! :lol:

i got word that the deal might not happen after all
Due to the fact that we only have 3 picks the second day of the draft

Miamibyrd_24
03-01-2006, 12:05 PM
i am black and i dont like him....its not because we want to down another Black QB its because he is as smart as a fat dog in heat....he WILL drop not because of the wonderlic alone but everything else that is flawed with his game....the wonderlic is just the straw that broke the camel's back

Man, the wonderlic test dosen't prove what guy will physical do on the field I bet you everything, if he slips down to 16, he will be phin, no and's, if's or but's about it. Many teams take the test in consideration, but when his pro-day roles around watch how all the wonderlic test stuff goes out of the window.

Motion
03-01-2006, 12:08 PM

Of course you did :rolleyes2

Easy out

Rixon
03-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Of course you did :rolleyes2

Easy out

:cap:

Coral Reefer
03-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Man, the wonderlic test dosen't prove what guy will physical do on the field I bet you everything, if he slips down to 16, he will be phin, no and's, if's or but's about it. Many teams take the test in consideration, but when his pro-day roles around watch how all the wonderlic test stuff goes out of the window.

No if's or but's about it huh?

Thanks Mistress Cleo!

You're either her or Coach Saban himself because only a psychic or the people in charge could make such a statement.......... at least in the real world, on these boards it's a comlpetely different story.

Rixon
03-01-2006, 02:52 PM
No if's or but's about it huh?

Thanks Mistress Cleo!

You're either her or Coach Saban himself because only a psychic or the people in charge could make such a statement.......... at least in the real world, on these boards it's a comlpetely different story.

I dont know about the rest.
But when i make a comment i make sure i trully beleive in what i say.

ronrevog
03-01-2006, 02:53 PM

yes im very serious, you're going to have to give me some empirical analysis, you're not making a point on any level.

I ask you again, where is the upside to Jay Cutler, why is he any better a prospect than Kyle Boller coming out of college. I will remind you that Boller had the most impressive combine of any player in that draft.

Motion
03-01-2006, 03:12 PM
yes im very serious, you're going to have to give me some empirical analysis, you're not making a point on any level.

I ask you again, where is the upside to Jay Cutler, why is he any better a prospect than Kyle Boller coming out of college. I will remind you that Boller had the most impressive combine of any player in that draft.

You don't need to remind me of anything. I'm not trying to convince anyone, merely stating my opinion. Cutler has huge upside with proper coaching, perfect his footwork and work on his decision making and he will be a lethal passer. No where did I mention anything about the combine.

ronrevog
03-01-2006, 03:22 PM
You don't need to remind me of anything. I'm not trying to convince anyone, merely stating my opinion. Cutler has huge upside with proper coaching, perfect his footwork and work on his decision making and he will be a lethal passer. No where did I mention anything about the combine.

ok, i can see that, i agree that Cutlers biggest obsatcle will be his decision making, at the moment it is poor and irrational, he will keep forcing balls in there until he gets his first big yank. Sits on the bench for a while and eats a fair dose of humble pie, thats what Cutler needs.

My hope is that some how Young doesnt get taken by the titans, and that somehow Cutler gets picked early (highly doubtful) and Young slips by Oakland, If Young can get passed Oakland we have a good shot at having our franchise QB.

Let me ask you another question, even though Cutler has the size on aaron Rodgers, you think Cutler is a better prospect than Aaron was last season?

Motion
03-01-2006, 03:31 PM
ok, i can see that, i agree that Cutlers biggest obsatcle will be his decision making, at the moment it is poor and irrational, he will keep forcing balls in there until he gets his first big yank. Sits on the bench for a while and eats a fair dose of humble pie, thats what Cutler needs.

My hope is that some how Young doesnt get taken by the titans, and that somehow Cutler gets picked early (highly doubtful) and Young slips by Oakland, If Young can get passed Oakland we have a good shot at having our franchise QB.

Let me ask you another question, even though Cutler has the size on aaron Rodgers, you think Cutler is a better prospect than Aaron was last season?

I think Cutler will go before Young, all bias aside. I the the Rams will take Young and Titans will take Cutler. Yes I think Cutler is far better than any Tedford Qb.

ronrevog
03-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I think Cutler will go before Young, all bias aside. I the the Rams will take Young and Titans will take Cutler. Yes I think Cutler is far better than any Tedford Qb.

Bold prediction given the recent trends... I for one hope you're right cause I see Linehan sticking with Bulger and bringing in some Defense, maybe we can get Young!!! hehe

Skeet84
03-01-2006, 04:04 PM

We have 4 second day draft picks

Motion
03-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Bold prediction given the recent trends... I for one hope you're right cause I see Linehan sticking with Bulger and bringing in some Defense, maybe we can get Young!!! hehe

Given recent trends? Did I miss something? Young has been slipping recently. Not very bold at all, Boomer and CK think he'll slip further than that, even past us. There have already been several reports suggesting Linehan is looking for alternate QB answers.

Rixon
03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
We have 4 second day draft picks

in what rounds do we have picks?

Motion
03-01-2006, 04:11 PM
in what rounds do we have picks?

Day 2 is rounds 4 through 7.

Rixon
03-01-2006, 04:14 PM

Day 2 is rounds 4 through 7.

Thanks,
I know we have 16th in the 1st and 19th in the 2nd.
do you know about the rest?