PDA

View Full Version : vince young at # 16?

Wallace758
02-27-2006, 05:36 PM
theyre saying he is dropping because of his poor wonderlic test which i think is a joke...the guy beat one of the best teams in college football history by himself...i say draft him if he's there...what you think?

SuperDuperFan
02-27-2006, 05:37 PM
no way he drops to 16 because of a wonderlic test. If he did I would be shocked...happy, but shocked.

Wallace758
02-27-2006, 05:38 PM
they saying cutler is ahead of him now..

PhenomenalPhin
02-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Did anyone confirm if that wonderlic score was legit?

Wallace758
02-27-2006, 05:39 PM
just look at aaron rodgers last year..suppose to be the top pick..slides down to the packers at 24 i believe

Wallace758
02-27-2006, 05:40 PM
they said he did poorly in the single digits..people have said 6

NLude33
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
He is not dropping just because of that. It is the 6 on the wonderlick, the side arm throwing motion, the fact that he took 8 snaps from under center the entire season last year, and the fact that Mack Brown had to dummy down his offense so Vince could run it.

Dummy down a college offense to play against Big 12 teams? That doesn't sound good.

LOCAL SCUM!
02-27-2006, 05:43 PM
THere's no way Young drops down to us. I know about the Aaron Rogers thing last year, but he's not Vince YOung.

DeathStar
02-27-2006, 05:43 PM
i dont want michael vick.

LoneWulF
02-27-2006, 05:44 PM
if he falls to the 49ers at 5 (or 6?) we should trade up to get him. they took alex smith last year and wouldnt need him..

FinFan_Est.1984
02-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Who cares. If he does drop to us we should pick him without a blink. Then hire Dan "The Man" Marino as QB coach and teach him how to really play QB. He already knows how to scramble and run. Now teach him how to throw correctly and scan through his receivers with finesse.

fins54
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Didn't Marino have a low wonderlic score? :wink:

UltraDol-Fan
02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I would be shocked if he fell to 16 as well. When analyst have no football going on they start overanalyzing everthing. ESPN said he scored a 6, but the test was messed up somehow, and he retook it and got a 16. Isn't that more than Marino got?

newlownorder
02-27-2006, 05:50 PM
theyre saying he is dropping because of his poor wonderlic test which i think is a joke...the guy beat one of the best teams in college football history by himself...i say draft him if he's there...what you think?

No, he will never fall that far and go to the NFL draft section when posting this.

Prime
02-27-2006, 05:51 PM
No!

I want a QB who I can trust throwing the ball.

PROUDMONKEY
02-27-2006, 05:51 PM
just look at aaron rodgers last year..suppose to be the top pick..slides down to the packers at 24 i believe

Rodgers was never considered to be the TOP pick last year, that is not right at all.

fishin
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Did anyone confirm if that wonderlic score was legit?

I guess his first score was 6 , but I have heard two stories. John clayton says he didnt take it seriously the first time but still only scored in the 20's on his retake. I am also hearing that the person who scored the exam was messing up a couple of peoples tests and havent heard about a retake through that story.

DreamWeaver
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM
if he falls to the 49ers at 5 (or 6?) we should trade up to get him. they took alex smith last year and wouldnt need him..

Yes, if it was Cutler....nope on V. Young.

Bill C
02-27-2006, 06:01 PM
He scored a 6. Grader messed up the results, yet Young was the only one who got to take it again. Sounds like a CYA move to me.

I wouldn't take Young at 16. I would rather get Brees in FA and use the 16 to fill another hole.

Southmaniac
02-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Check out this link guys, some Wonderlic info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_Test

AggieFin21
02-27-2006, 06:06 PM
No!

I want a QB who I can trust throwing the ball.

Amen to that!

trayphin
02-27-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't think he will fall like people are saying. One test score can't measure the intangebles of a player like V.Young. That said, It wouldn't surprise me if Cutler goes higher than young after his strong showing at the combine and the senior bowl.

Mainge
If he really scored a 6 on the wonderlic, than I don't want my fins even sniffing him in the first 5 rounds.

A 6 is horrible!!! I cannot stress this to you guys enough. A 6 means he shouldn't have even graduated from high school, let alone understand an NFL playbook.

I have been a huge fan of Young's and I was praying he would somehow fall to us, but if this is true, then I'd think he'd be better off att WR.

ChambersWI
Some scouts believe that the idea that the test was messed up is untrue.

You can take the Wonderlic 3 times. Young's 1st two times he got a 6, and the 3rd time he took it he got a 16.

Anyways, don't want him.

aquawave
02-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Could somebody explain me whats the wonderlic test???

finjim
02-27-2006, 06:16 PM
wonderlic not withstanding we have a better chance of getting hit by 2 comets AND getting struck by lightning than getting Vince Young.

phinman1
02-27-2006, 06:17 PM
This is going to be the ultimate in over analysis. The wonderlic test, the release blah, blah, blah. We all saw what he did to USC. He single handedly beat a potential dynasty in college football.

What I saw was a guy, who when surrounded and even in the grasp of players, was calmly looking down the field as if nothing was happening. Any team that bypasses him will rue the day.

Jt0323
02-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Akili Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akili_Smith), quarterback — 37 (suspected of cheating; scored 15 on first attempt) haha

Motion
02-27-2006, 06:18 PM
...the guy beat one of the best teams in college football history by himself...

BS, Texas' defense played a big part in that game and USC's defense was 39th in the country, hardly the best all time.

Motion
02-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Don't want anything to do with him.

DolphinDevil28
02-27-2006, 06:20 PM
This is going to be the ultimate in over analysis. The wonderlic test, the release blah, blah, blah. We all saw what he did to USC. He single handedly beat a potential dynasty in college football.

What I saw was a guy, who when surrounded and even in the grasp of players, was calmly looking down the field as if nothing was happening. Any team that bypasses him will rue the day.

USC's defense had guys starting that were being brought to school on a yellow bus the year before.

Vince Young cannot throw the football in the NFL. Period.

NLude33
02-27-2006, 06:25 PM
USC's defense had guys starting that were being brought to school on a yellow bus the year before.

Agreed, when you have to dummy down a offense in college so the QB can run it....not good.

When the offense you have in college has one read, and then run....not good.

And when you take all but 8 snaps from the shotgun because you need all that time to read the defense....not good.

Vince Young....not good.

phinman1
02-27-2006, 06:26 PM

Well then, guess you don't like Brady Quinn either, seeing as anybody can be good against USC. Didn't Young have the highest passer rating in the country? If not, it was close. We can argue this all day. The NFL penchant for over analyzing will cost someone who buys it a franchise QB. Simply, put this guy destroyed I-A competition game after game. That to me is the best indicator.

It's just ridiculous, a month ago this guy was a football god. Now, he can't throw and is dumb as a brick. Don't buy into the BS, believe your eyes.

Motion
02-27-2006, 06:31 PM
It's just ridiculous, a month ago this guy was a football god. Now, he can't throw and is dumb as a brick. Don't buy into the BS, believe your eyes.

Some people had the same opinion a month ago too.

Lappy
02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Vince Young will be a an NFL starter some day. He beat up SC and they not only play an NFL O but an NFL D.

He'll get the job done. Did anyone even watch the Nation championship game?

He was a man child!

Motion
02-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Vince Young will be a an NFL starter some day. He beat up SC and they not only play an NFL O but an NFL D.

He'll get the job done. Did anyone even watch the Nation championship game?

He was a man child!

I watched it. Their defense was ranked 39th in the nation, period, in a weak conference at that.

ChambersWI
02-27-2006, 06:37 PM
something with Young is fishy.

Over at NFL draft countdown someone posted a link that stated the NFL allowed Vince Young and only Vince Young to retake the test.

DeathStar
02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
i hope we get brees so that that 16th pick can be used on either secondary help or offensive line help.

would be best win win situation.

Motion
02-27-2006, 06:45 PM
i hope we get brees so that that 16th pick can be used on either secondary help or offensive line help.

would be best win win situation.

I agree

DolphinDevil28
02-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Well then, guess you don't like Brady Quinn either, seeing as anybody can be good against USC. Didn't Young have the highest passer rating in the country? If not, it was close. We can argue this all day. The NFL penchant for over analyzing will cost someone who buys it a franchise QB. Simply, put this guy destroyed I-A competition game after game. That to me is the best indicator.

Actually I would give anything for Brady Quinn to be a Dolphin.

...and P.S. I've ALWAYS said Young cannot throw in the NFL.

You think I'm one of the ignoramouses who believes everything he sees from the media? :lol:

Newsflash...I work for the media. I know how it works.

phinman1
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Actually I would give anything for Brady Quinn to be a Dolphin.

...and P.S. I've ALWAYS said Young cannot throw in the NFL.

You think I'm one of the ignoramouses who believes everything he sees from the media? :lol:

Newsflash...I work for the media. I know how it works.

My last sentence in my previous post was not referring to the machinations of the media (and congrats on being impervious to their whims), but to the overanalysis of football "experts" and fans alike that have people saying Vince can't throw in the NFL. I believe the guy is 6'-5", and his release point is plenty high.

Perhaps we will still be members of finheaven in 3 years, and I will bring it up again then.

Philter25
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
He is not dropping just because of that. It is the 6 on the wonderlick, the side arm throwing motion, the fact that he took 8 snaps from under center the entire season last year, and the fact that Mack Brown had to dummy down his offense so Vince could run it.

Dummy down a college offense to play against Big 12 teams? That doesn't sound good.

One of the few educated posts in this thread.......... congrats.

KB21
02-27-2006, 07:44 PM

Did he destroy D1 competition with his arm, or was it with his legs?

The fact remains that Mack Brown and the Texas coaching staff tried to coach him up to play in their pro style offense, but it never worked. The staff then dummbed down the offense, put Vince in the shot gun, and allowed him to use his running ability more often by giving him the go to run if his first read wasn't open.

He cannot play quarterback in the NFL with his mindset. All you will get is another Michael Vick, who is only the most overrated player currently in the NFL. Vince Young is nothing more than a glorified running back.

Prakk
02-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Vince Young has convinced me that he wants to win football games in a "next level" sort of way. I realize it took more than just him to win, but he seemed to decide to win in the Rose Bowl, and then went out and did it. Impressive.

Phishstix
02-27-2006, 09:09 PM
prototypical or not, young is a special football player. sure, he's a boom or bust guy b/c no one, even some of the gurus and analysts who think they can predict the future, knows how he's going to be able to translate his game to the pros. young could be the best player in this draft, but he could also flame out. if he's sitting there at 16 (which imo he won't be), and our qb situation isn't taken care (imo it will be for the short term at least), what does one do? take young b/c he could be a gamebreaker week in and week out, or pass on him b/c his measurables and mind could spell out a potential bust?

finfan54
02-27-2006, 09:34 PM

but aarron rogers cant even hold VY's sweaty jockstrap.

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Aaron Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince Young

finfan54
02-27-2006, 09:36 PM

there aint nothing wrong with his throws.

finfan54
02-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Aaron Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince Young

yeah arron rogers in a bowl game flunked out while VY rolled past USC for the championship. Arron Rogers will go down as a huge bust even at 24.

LIQUID24
02-27-2006, 09:38 PM
yeah arron rogers in a bowl game flunked out while VY rolled past USC for the championship. Arron Rogers will go down as a huge bust even at 24.

Please. You watch guys 1 or 2 times and pretend to know what you're talking about. You ain't foolin nobody.

Finland
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM

If you got a 6 on the wonderlic you are pretty damn slow.

What is the next number in this series 8,4,2,1,1/2, 1/4.....
OR
if the first two lines are true is the third:
1. All baseball players wear caps
2. John is a baseball play
3. John wears a cap

However the wonderlic, does not mean you can't learn.

Bill C
03-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Young didn't beat SC ------- SC beat SC. They were over-confident with an already suspect defense. Leinart was too caught up in the Hollywood moment and too many of those players were laughing it up on the sidelines.

Philter25
03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Our Future QB?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/01/young3ce-1.jpg

No thanks.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM
keep it going philter. :lol:

because young had one good year, and none against good defenses (except ohio state, where he wasn't too good) is enough reason for him to drop. you just don't draft flashes in the pan that high.

Crowder52
03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Young didn't beat SC ------- SC beat SC. They were over-confident with an already suspect defense. Leinart was too caught up in the Hollywood moment and too many of those players were laughing it up on the sidelines.

Ok, I agree that Vince is the riskiest player in this draft. But statements like this...come on, give the guy some credit! That was the single most impressive performance I have seen by an offensive player in a college game. I'll agree that SC messed up (Bush's pitch back for example) and the defense was mediocre (keep in mind that they did have 3 All Pac-10 1st teamers though), but the fact is that they were still up 13 late in the 4th quarter. No one was over-confident that late in a close game.

On Vince as a draft pick: we can't call him a sure bust because there has never been a QB with his combination of speed, size, and passing statistics coming from the college level. We have nothing to compare him to. Now I know his motion is unorthodox, if not downright ugly. And he wasn't asked to go downfield much in college and many of his throws were on the run or short routes. But maybe someone can put this kid in the right system where he can thrive.

That being said...I think he's way too risky as a top-5 pick. The further he falls, the smaller his contract will be, the less needy the team will be and the less risky the pick becomes. And no, I don't want the Phins to take him at #16 if he's there, which I doubt he will be due to the hype.

primetime23
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
i cant believe all these vince young haters. This guy totally owned a.j hawlk and carpenter when they were talking tough ''our goal is after this game to make people not say vince young is a hiesman canidate'' lol yea right. I was lauging when he was running over the usc d as well, near the ending I totally saw him walk over this one guy on his way to the endzone, young is a freak people try to go for his legs and all he does is walk over them. Does anyone know robinson the guys from penn state hes projected to go in the second round and hes a lower version of vince young. If he goes in the second round I don't know how vince young does not go in the 1st round, miami dolphins the only way the phins dont get young is if huff is on the board

Motion
03-02-2006, 12:51 PM
i cant believe all these vince young haters. This guy totally owned a.j hawlk and carpenter when they were talking tough ''our goal is after this game to make people not say vince young is a hiesman canidate'' lol yea right. I was lauging when he was running over the usc d as well, near the ending I totally saw him walk over this one guy on his way to the endzone, young is a freak people try to go for his legs and all he does is walk over them. Does anyone know robinson the guys from penn state hes projected to go in the second round and hes a lower version of vince young. If he goes in the second round I don't know how vince young does not go in the 1st round, miami dolphins the only way the phins dont get young is if huff is on the board

Where are you getting your info? Michael Robinson in the 2nd??? Yeah right, for one he's not even projected as a QB in the NFL and secondly he's a 5+ rounder at best.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
i cant believe all these vince young haters.
oh boy.

This guy totally owned a.j hawlk and carpenter when they were talking tough ''our goal is after this game to make people not say vince young is a hiesman canidate'' lol yea right. I was lauging when he was running over the usc d as well, near the ending I totally saw him walk over this one guy on his way to the endzone, young is a freak people try to go for his legs and all he does is walk over them. Does anyone know robinson the guys from penn state hes projected to go in the second round and hes a lower version of vince young. If he goes in the second round I don't know how vince young does not go in the 1st round, miami dolphins the only way the phins dont get young is if huff is on the board
absolutely no one has robinson projected as either a QB or a 2nd round pick. if you do, then frankly your analysis of young is thrown out the window.

Philter25
03-02-2006, 12:56 PM

Being a PSU grad and seeing every home game this year, no, I have no idea who Robinson is. :lol:

Robinson has had horrible combines..... I wouldnt even touch him in the draft. He isnt going to play QB in the NFL.... if anything he will play WR and be an Antawaan Randle El type player.

Credibility = 0.

Thanks for playing.

Oraclepz
03-02-2006, 12:57 PM

MARINO SCORED A 16 ON THE WONDERLIC

primetime23
03-02-2006, 01:37 PM
i didnt say he was going 2nd as a qb i said robinson will go second (as a athlete) i heared it on the nfl network mike mayock said he'll be a safety

finfan54
03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I think if Young dropped to 16 Saban would try to use him as a bargaining chip to trade down. I think Saban likes Croyle and his temperment and arm all the way. Still just a hunch but I think I can get a feel for what Saban looks for based on the past and perceptions, or nonperceptions....

Motion
03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
i didnt say he was going 2nd as a qb i said robinson will go second (as a athlete) i heared it on the nfl network mike mayock said he'll be a safety

Then why even compare him to Young?

Motion
03-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I think if Young dropped to 16 Saban would try to use him as a bargaining chip to trade down. I think Saban likes Croyle and his temperment and arm all the way. Still just a hunch but I think I can get a feel for what Saban looks for based on the past and perceptions, or nonperceptions....

I could see that happening as well.

Krush
03-07-2006, 08:06 AM
No, They need a starter, not a project

finsnchips
03-07-2006, 10:40 AM
If Young falls to #16... he'll still be there at #17.

Psychosikes
03-07-2006, 10:43 AM
young's attitude concerns me. He's a me first guy and would need to be the star on any team he goes to. Frankly, i would prefer a good, blue-collar qb who would get the job done quietly...

and for all those who are saying an idiot wouldn't be good on the football field, have you seen the waterboy!?!?

weisdolphins
03-07-2006, 10:43 AM
i dont want michael vick.

Nobodys talking about Mike Vick he said Vince Young

Motion
03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Nobodys talking about Mike Vick he said Vince Young

I think he means theres no difference between the two.

Rixon
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
i like young

Motion
03-07-2006, 01:29 PM
If Young falls to #16... he'll still be there at #17.

:wink: Yep

daniel3
03-07-2006, 02:57 PM
young's attitude concerns me. He's a me first guy and would need to be the star on any team he goes to. Frankly, i would prefer a good, blue-collar qb who would get the job done quietly...

and for all those who are saying an idiot wouldn't be good on the football field, have you seen the waterboy!?!?

Damn, its like people just are starting to make things up about Young now. Now he's a me first and probably selfish guy. Next thing you'll hear rumors he was accused of murder.

Face it guys, if Young is at 16 when Miami picks, he's our future quarterback. Saban doesn't like Brodie Croyle (yeah, real star qb right there) enough to be acting a fool in the draft and passing up decent prospects. He probably wont even have that problem either way because Young is going way before Miami picks.

UCFinFan9
03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
k... i know you guys guys wanna take away the fact that he outscored USC, something which brady quinn or anyone else for that matter could not do, bringing the national championship to texas. all right fine, dont want to give him credit for that ok, crappy defense. what about the ohio state game early in the year? had one of the best defenses in the nation with 3 possible 1st rounders from that group. what did vince voung do? complete 62% of his passes, throw for 270 yds, and throw 2 tds (i know you haters are gonna bring this up, he threw 2 ints) one those tds coming in the last couple of minutes to put his team ahead. just goes to show that he not only does it against "crappy defenses", he can also hang up with there with the elite. say cuz its cuz of the easy offense, say its cuz he runs and thats it. w/e you guys wanna say, he still gets the job done.

Motion
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
From Draftcountdown.com :D

• Don't look now but the honeymoon could be coming to a halt for Texas QB Vince Young and the critiques of his game from scouts are becoming increasingly negative.

Psychosikes
03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
i was in reference to young's complaining about not winning the heisman in his speech after the winning the national championship. Also, can you name one other player on an exceptionally talented texas O? I am sure you can, as can most of us, but the vast majority of casusal football fans think texas o = vince young... and i've never seen him go out of his was to thank his line for blocking (which they do well) or his tall-*** receivers from keeping his deep ball from being picked. I'll admit i don't like young and am biased because of it, but the guy doesn't strike me as a team player.

Roman529
03-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Mel Kiper still has Young going third, and Cutler I believe going to the Raiders?

FinNasty
03-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Everyone knows baseball is the best sport ever. football is for losers

EDIT: ^^My roommate is a loser...^^

DolphinDevil28
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM

:confused:

Who hi-jacked your user account?

FinNasty
03-07-2006, 06:02 PM
:confused:

Who hi-jacked your user account?
my roommate... he is ********...

jlfin
03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
THere's no way Young drops down to us. I know about the Aaron Rogers thing last year, but he's not Vince YOung.

You are right. Rodgers was a more polished QB.

DolphinDevil28
03-07-2006, 06:21 PM
my roommate... he is ********...

He sure is if he thinks baseball is a hair on football's butt.

FinNasty
03-07-2006, 06:23 PM
He sure is if he thinks baseball is a hair on football's butt.
ya... he calls football a ***** sport... yet loves baseball... :shakeno:

DolphinDevil28
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
ya... he calls football a ***** sport... yet loves baseball... :shakeno:

:roflmao:

That's like saying "My girlfriend is Janet Reno, but Jessica Alba is butt ugly!"

endorphin
03-07-2006, 09:01 PM

Didn't Alex Smith the #1 pick last year play primarily from the shotgun as well?

I keep hearing this conception that Mack Brown dummied down the offense, but have never seen legitimate confirmation of it.

KB21
03-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Didn't Alex Smith the #1 pick last year play primarily from the shotgun as well?

I keep hearing this conception that Mack Brown dummied down the offense, but have never seen legitimate confirmation of it.

Go back and look at Texas's offense with Chris Simms at QB, and their offense with Vince Young at QB. Chris Simms was in a pro style system at Texas. They tried to get Vince Young to play in that system, but he was terrible at it. So, they changed it to the zone-read scheme that put Vince in the shotgun and gave him the option to throw or run if his first read wasn't open. That's why it is called a zone-read, or a read-option scheme. Vince was given the greenlight to take off and run whenever he wanted to. Anyone that thinks that will ever work at the NFL level is whistling dixie.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Go back and look at Texas's offense with Chris Simms at QB, and their offense with Vince Young at QB. Chris Simms was in a pro style system at Texas. They tried to get Vince Young to play in that system, but he was terrible at it. So, they changed it to the zone-read scheme that put Vince in the shotgun and gave him the option to throw or run if his first read wasn't open. That's why it is called a zone-read, or a read-option scheme. Vince was given the greenlight to take off and run whenever he wanted to. Anyone that thinks that will ever work at the NFL level is whistling dixie.
and just think how long it took simms to adjust to the pro level.

ChambersWI
03-07-2006, 09:54 PM
and just think how long it took simms to adjust to the pro level.

Not that long, 3 years is what it normally takes.

Rookie season-3rd round pick of defending Super Bowl champs. Not gonna start unless Johnson gets hurt.

2nd year- Johnson struggles, Simms gets a chance. Gets hurt, and Griese has a pretty good season.

3rd year-Griese wins starting job due to his success the year before. Tears his MCL. Simms comes in and leads his team to the playoffs.

Drew Brees played in a shotgun at Purdue, and it took him 4 years to adjust to the NFL. And also keep this in mind, he was in a completely different type of offense to what Young was in.

PHINATIC13
03-07-2006, 09:58 PM
I'll pass we can get a WR with more experience through FA.

Vertical Limit
03-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Hell no. Forget him, rather have Drew Brees.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Not that long, 3 years is what it normally takes.

Rookie season-3rd round pick of defending Super Bowl champs. Not gonna start unless Johnson gets hurt.

2nd year- Johnson struggles, Simms gets a chance. Gets hurt, and Griese has a pretty good season.

3rd year-Griese wins starting job due to his success the year before. Tears his MCL. Simms comes in and leads his team to the playoffs.

Drew Brees played in a shotgun at Purdue, and it took him 4 years to adjust to the NFL. And also keep this in mind, he was in a completely different type of offense to what Young was in.
i live near tampa, all i heard since simms has been here is that he can't pick up the offense and how disappointed gruden was with him. he was horrible in training camp and preseason this past year and showed lacks of progress. considering he played in a pro-style offense in college and in an NFL offense for 3 years, it shouldn't have taken him that long.

kpcane
03-08-2006, 01:17 AM

EDIT: ^^My roommate is a loser...^^

Baseball is better, but football is great too. If I had to pick between the two I'd pick baseball. It's the national pastime. And baseball is coming back, and it'll be back even more once people like Bonds are weeded out of the league.

dolphin23
03-08-2006, 01:32 AM
I give all the credit to V Young on what he has accomplished so far, the rose bowl was just something phenomenal. But this guy is such a raw talent that it would literally take the Dolphins at least 2 years to groom this guy. Now I don't know if the rest of you saw what the Dolphins did last year and what it's capable of doing this year. We need a couple of players to push for a playoff run next year. Thats the bottom line.
I would rather spend our first to someone who would be an instant impact player from day 1, somebody who could contribute right away to help us with our push for the playoff run.

FinNasty
03-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Baseball is better, but football is great too. If I had to pick between the two I'd pick baseball. It's the national pastime. And baseball is coming back, and it'll be back even more once people like Bonds are weeded out of the league.

Baseball is no longer the national pastime... football is...

General Tso
03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Rodgers was never considered to be the TOP pick last year, that is not right at all.

Yes, he was. Up until mid April many projected him to go #1.

General Tso
03-08-2006, 09:57 AM

Yeah, Rodgers sucks in big games. Who cares that he was the last QB before VY to beat USC, that he completed 23 straight passes nearly beating USC again or that in a bowl game win against Virginia Tech with Deangelo Hall in the secondary he was 27/35, 394 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

I watched the whopping 2 quarters he played this year backing up a first ballot hall of famer... and he didn't dig Green Bay out of the four touchdown hole they were in. Clearly he's a bust.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-08-2006, 10:45 AM
those 23 straight completions against USC are pretty deceiving. i doubt he threw more than 7 yards down the field the entire game. that being said, i like rodgers, he seems much smarter than the typical tedford QB. i think with a year plus on the bench he'll be good. boller and harrington pretty much had to play right away, and that's just not a good thing.

trate121hb
03-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, Rodgers sucks in big games. Who cares that he was the last QB before VY to beat USC, that he completed 23 straight passes nearly beating USC again or that in a bowl game win against Virginia Tech with Deangelo Hall in the secondary he was 27/35, 394 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

I watched the whopping 2 quarters he played this year backing up a first ballot hall of famer... and he didn't dig Green Bay out of the four touchdown hole they were in. Clearly he's a bust.
i dont think you can call rodgers a bust but i dont think he's the dolphins answer.....we've rolled the dice too much on unproven QB's....fiedler, feeley, lucas, and even frerrotte....lets get brees and stop talking about this crapp...(please let this be the last deadline)..

and if we get brees i would not get young at 16 if he's there.....we have too many need areas....id go secondary 1st-hill, cromartie or jimmy williams

Splat
03-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Any of you guys read this article about Young. Pretty interesting take.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060309