PDA

View Full Version : Mike huff is the answer.....if he is anywhere

victacious
02-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Ladies and gentle we will secure Drew brees as soon as the needed players reduce thier salaries. But in terms of the draft we need help at CB and the best player to fill that void is Mr. Huff....why you ask...because of the big three(size, speed and smarts). There will be little turn around once he is selected....madison will still be here, daniels is solid, poole...don't know. So huff is the choice...if he is there or close. This is my MOCK draft for the fins.

1st----mike huff CB
2ND---thomas howard OLB
3RD---jonathan Scott-OT
4TH---jerious norwood- RB
6TH--daniel manning- CB
7TH--fred roach--ILB
7TH--rob simms--OG
7TH--reggie Mcneil-QB

Motion
02-28-2006, 04:24 PM
To bad he'll be long gone. He's top 10 easy, best DB in the draft.

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Ladies and gentle we will secure Drew brees as soon as the needed players reduce thier salaries. But in terms of the draft we need help at CB and the best player to fill that void is Mr. Huff....why you ask...because of the big three(size, speed and smarts). There will be little turn around once he is selected....madison will still be here, daniels is solid, poole...don't know. So huff is the choice...if he is there or close. This is my MOCK draft for the fins.

1st----mike huff CB
2ND---thomas howard OLB
3RD---jonathan Scott-OT
4TH---jerious norwood- RB
6TH--daniel manning- CB
7TH--fred roach--ILB
7TH--rob simms--OG
7TH--reggie Mcneil-QB

Its really hard to believe that Huff is gunna be there when we pick. he is just too good. Scott will be gone by then and I am pretty sure McNeil is gone by then too. I don't know about the other guys.

Motion
02-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Plus we don't have a 6th round pick.

Flyer22
02-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Reggie McNeal won't be there in the 7th- he's a 4th rounder at the very least, possibly as high as a 2nd.

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Reggie McNeal won't be there in the 7th- he's a 4th rounder at the very least, possibly as high as a 2nd.

I don't about a 2nd thats a reach.

Flyer22
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't about a 2nd thats a reach.
It's definitely a reach now, but a team might take the chance if McNeal has a good pro day.

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 04:45 PM
It's definitely a reach now, but a team might take the chance if McNeal has a good pro day.

I still don't think 2nd. late 3rd or 4th is what I am thinking.

Flyer22
02-28-2006, 04:49 PM
I still don't think 2nd. late 3rd or 4th is what I am thinking.
That's where I'd take him, but some GMs aren't as smart as you and me :D

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 04:51 PM
That's where I'd take him, but some GMs aren't as smart as you and me :D

Yeah Muarice Clarret in the 3rd that was a great choice! :D

Philter25
02-28-2006, 05:16 PM
6TH--daniel manning- CB
Awesome pick! Man I totally agree! You know your stuff... :wink:

Motion
02-28-2006, 05:16 PM

:lol:

Philter25
02-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Plus we don't have a 6th round pick.
It feels like I tell you everyday not to tell people we dont have picks and just to let them go ahead............ :lol:

HysterikiLL
02-28-2006, 05:19 PM
God I hope the Danieal Manning thing was a joke. He'll be a second round steal.

Motion
02-28-2006, 05:20 PM
It feels like I tell you everyday not to tell people we dont have picks and just to let them go ahead............ :lol:

I know, its just a reflex.

Eric-Honduras
02-28-2006, 05:31 PM
im liking tye hill... especially if moving daniels to safety is possible

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-28-2006, 05:37 PM
huff isn't a corner. any coach that puts him at corner should have their hands cut off.

Motion
02-28-2006, 05:38 PM
huff isn't a corner. any coach that puts him at corner should have their hands cut off.

:confused: Who said he was a corner?

EDIT: NM saw it in the original post

Philter25
02-28-2006, 05:39 PM
huff isn't a corner. any coach that puts him at corner should have their hands cut off. If the guy who said we are drafting Manning in the 6th thinks Huff is a CB, then Huff IS a CB. :lol:

Motion
02-28-2006, 05:44 PM
If the guy who said we are drafting Manning in the 6th thinks Huff is a CB, then Huff IS a CB. :lol:

Without a doubt :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-28-2006, 05:46 PM
yes the OP isn't too on the ball, but i'm mostly responding to guys like mayock who have him projected at CB. what a waste of talent that would be.

FinNasty
02-28-2006, 06:03 PM

smart a**...

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 06:10 PM
If the guy who said we are drafting Manning in the 6th thinks Huff is a CB, then Huff IS a CB. :lol:

:sidelol: that and the Vince pic you are on a roll! :D

FinNasty
02-28-2006, 06:10 PM
I respect your opinion... but I disagree... I have stated this as my opinion for a while... He played both CB & S in college, but I just think he would be a better CB than a Saftey in the NFL (I'm not saying I dont think he can play saftey)...

He has the speed (just ran a 4.35) and coverage ability to play CB. For a CB, he has some great size... for a S, he is slightly underweight. He is definatly a sure tackler. However, I dont think he is physical enough. He wraps up very well, but doesnt bring the wood.

I dont think playing him at CB would be a waste of his talent at all... I think it would actually be the best way to maximize his talents...

nick1
02-28-2006, 06:12 PM
To bad he'll be long gone. He's top 10 easy, best DB in the draft.
he's not only that but he's also the best DB prospect I've seen

FinNasty
02-28-2006, 06:13 PM
he's not only that but he's also the best DB prospect I've seen

ever?

nick1
02-28-2006, 06:15 PM
ever?
I'm only 18 so I say yes, hes got the speed to go with everything else. he is great in coverage and can tackle well

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-28-2006, 06:16 PM
he's not a better prospect than sean taylor.

and huff has plenty of size. he has time to bulk up a bit. he's taller than reed and polamalu. he has an instinctive for where the ball is going to be, and he's a hard worker. very intelligent. it would be like drafting reggie bush and putting him at WR. yes he can play the position, but it's not his best role. i'm sure huff will play some nickel, having a sort of a ronde barber-type role on 3rd downs, but for the most part, he's a safety and should play it.

dolfan72734me
02-28-2006, 06:16 PM
If he is playing free safety, he doesn't really have to be able to lay the wood. it would be nice to have 2 players in Daniels and Huff who can interchange positions with each other.

FinNasty
02-28-2006, 06:58 PM

and huff has plenty of size. he has time to bulk up a bit. he's taller than reed and polamalu. he has an instinctive for where the ball is going to be, and he's a hard worker. very intelligent. it would be like drafting reggie bush and putting him at WR. yes he can play the position, but it's not his best role. i'm sure huff will play some nickel, having a sort of a ronde barber-type role on 3rd downs, but for the most part, he's a safety and should play it.

I didnt mean height, I meant weight... 205 is a little light for a saftey.

I think as a saftey, he is a great prospect, but as a CB, he is prototypical...

He will be good at either... I just think he will be more effective at CB...

FinNasty
02-28-2006, 06:59 PM
If he is playing free safety, he doesn't really have to be able to lay the wood. it would be nice to have 2 players in Daniels and Huff who can interchange positions with each other.

oh, I know. He DEFINATLY isnt a SS... but I still like my FSs to be more physical and a little heavier than Huff is...

Skeet84
02-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm only 18 so I say yes, hes got the speed to go with everything else. he is great in coverage and can tackle well

I knew Ed Reed was gunna be a huge star in the NFL. I was not huge into the draft than however I whatched it. I just thought in my mind he was really gunna be a star.

nick1
02-28-2006, 08:16 PM

oh yeah I forgot about him, he was a very good prospect. can't believe that, I love Miami and he was one of my favorite players. I rank Taylor, Reed and than Huff and those were the best safety prospects in my lifetime which is only 18 years (in my opinion)

marino1348
02-28-2006, 08:31 PM
205 is reallt not bad for a safety. he has good coverage skills and is a solid tackler with better than decent speed. If the fins drafted him he would probably be the top back up for both safety spots and the nickel back.he might be able to edge out shulters or bell for s starting job in the first year but you never know.

FinNasty
02-28-2006, 08:34 PM
205 is reallt not bad for a safety. he has good coverage skills and is a solid tackler with better than decent speed. If the fins drafted him he would probably be the top back up for both safety spots and the nickel back.he might be able to edge out shulters or bell for s starting job in the first year but you never know.

205 is bad for a safety... but it isnt great either...

Its just when I see him play, I see a CB...

Crowder52
02-28-2006, 08:44 PM

Whoa there, killer. We all know Huff can play CB, if for no other reason than he played plenty of it at Texas. And corners are more valuable than safeties...makes me think it would be worth at least a try to play him there. Definitely fast enough for it, and goes from being a mediocre sized safety to a big-sized corner. Anyone doubting his ability to play corner, look at the game recap from Texas - Ohio St. this past year. Huff covered Ted Ginn Jr., limiting him to 2 catches for 9 yards. Anyone who watched the Buckeyes bowl game against Notre Dame will realize how impressive this feat really is.

It would really be a stretch to say he projects better as a corner, given how good of a safety he is. But corner is not out of the question.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-28-2006, 09:17 PM
205 is bad for a safety... but it isnt great either...

Its just when I see him play, I see a CB...
pretty much the same weight as ed reed (200) and polamalu (212). and he will naturally gain weight and add more to his frame. i don't know how you can't see his safety ability.

King Felix
02-28-2006, 09:34 PM
there is only 3 ppl id trade up for

1.leinart
2.huff
3.d brick

MartinTheSNAKE
02-28-2006, 09:37 PM
as our 4rgh pick i say we take a chance on marcus vick

nick1
03-01-2006, 12:01 PM
as our 4rgh pick i say we take a chance on marcus vick
wait till our 6th or 7th, he will be there

Flyer22
03-01-2006, 12:07 PM
wait till our 6th or 7th, he will be there
Just 7th. We don't have a 6th round pick. Unless you mean our 6th pick, which is in the 7th round.

nick1
03-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Just 7th. We don't have a 6th round pick. Unless you mean our 6th pick, which is in the 7th round.
you caught that, thanks I just remembered we have no 6th